Data access / labels / custom app

I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution.  I need a
quick and dirty custom app that will do the following:

1)  Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached

2)  Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP
possibly?)

3)  Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number (or
last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store)

4)  If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record

5)  If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes
allowing the user to check of their choices (glossy or matte, 12/24/36
exposure, single or double prints, create CD Yes/No, etc.)

6) Prompt for the number of rolls the customer has - and print the above
information on that many labels.  Info printed should contain:
Customer Number
Customer Name
Address
Telephone
and print all selected options chosen in the non-RMS data fields.

From my past experience, this looks and smells like a data access page in MS
Access, but I just don't have the time to research, test and build it.  It
doesn't have to be pretty, but it does have to be accurate...  It's *not*
customer facing (or maybe it should be?)

Anyone willing to chat about requirements and do a prototype, please contact
me
grodgers@inaflashcamera.com

0
Gary103 (266)
10/10/2005 9:58:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Opportunity to make a quick few bucks!

"Gary" wrote:

> I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution.  I need a
> quick and dirty custom app that will do the following:
>
> 1)  Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached
>
> 2)  Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP
> possibly?)
>
> 3)  Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number (or
> last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store)
>
> 4)  If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record
>
> 5)  If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes
> allowing the user to check of their choices (glossy or matte, 12/24/36
> exposure, single or double prints, create CD Yes/No, etc.)
>
> 6) Prompt for the number of rolls the customer has - and print the above
> information on that many labels.  Info printed should contain:
> Customer Number
> Customer Name
> Address
> Telephone
> and print all selected options chosen in the non-RMS data fields.
>
> From my past experience, this looks and smells like a data access page in MS
> Access, but I just don't have the time to research, test and build it.  It
> doesn't have to be pretty, but it does have to be accurate...  It's *not*
> customer facing (or maybe it should be?)
>
> Anyone willing to chat about requirements and do a prototype, please contact
> me
> grodgers@inaflashcamera.com

0
Gary103 (266)
10/11/2005 8:26:13 PM
I would love to put in a proposal for this, but unfortunately I have too
many other projects right now (and for the next few months)

--
Jason Hunt
Advanced Computer Systems

0
jhunt (286)
10/11/2005 8:40:33 PM
Gary,

Try here;
http://www.obsol.com/html/photo_lab.html

--
=

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Opportunity to make a quick few bucks!
>
> "Gary" wrote:
>
>> I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution.  I need a
>> quick and dirty custom app that will do the following:
>>
>> 1)  Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached
>>
>> 2)  Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP
>> possibly?)
>>
>> 3)  Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number
>> (or
>> last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store)
>>
>> 4)  If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record
>>
>> 5)  If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes
>> allowing the user to check of their choices (glossy or matte, 12/24/36
>> exposure, single or double prints, create CD Yes/No, etc.)
>>
>> 6) Prompt for the number of rolls the customer has - and print the above
>> information on that many labels.  Info printed should contain:
>> Customer Number
>> Customer Name
>> Address
>> Telephone
>> and print all selected options chosen in the non-RMS data fields.
>>
>> From my past experience, this looks and smells like a data access page in
>> MS
>> Access, but I just don't have the time to research, test and build it.
>> It
>> doesn't have to be pretty, but it does have to be accurate...  It's *not*
>> customer facing (or maybe it should be?)
>>
>> Anyone willing to chat about requirements and do a prototype, please
>> contact
>> me
>> grodgers@inaflashcamera.com

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/12/2005 1:25:19 AM
Jeff,
We already tried to contact them.  We received one response, then when asked
for more info our request fell into the black hole...

I'm also a bit concerned since the website shows 'screenshots coming
6/15/2005' and it's well into october... And the one contact we had with the
developer indicated that they were somewhere other than in the US - and
that's a problem for me due to support.

I'll give them one more opportunity to respond

"Jeff" wrote:

> Gary,
>
> Try here;
> http://www.obsol.com/html/photo_lab.html
>
> --
> =
>
> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Opportunity to make a quick few bucks!
> >
> > "Gary" wrote:
> >
> >> I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution.  I need a
> >> quick and dirty custom app that will do the following:
> >>
> >> 1)  Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached
> >>
> >> 2)  Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP
> >> possibly?)
> >>
> >> 3)  Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number
> >> (or
> >> last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store)
> >>
> >> 4)  If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record
> >>
> >> 5)  If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes
> >> allowing the user to check of their choices (glossy or matte, 12/24/36
> >> exposure, single or double prints, create CD Yes/No, etc.)
> >>
> >> 6) Prompt for the number of rolls the customer has - and print the above
> >> information on that many labels.  Info printed should contain:
> >> Customer Number
> >> Customer Name
> >> Address
> >> Telephone
> >> and print all selected options chosen in the non-RMS data fields.
> >>
> >> From my past experience, this looks and smells like a data access page in
> >> MS
> >> Access, but I just don't have the time to research, test and build it.
> >> It
> >> doesn't have to be pretty, but it does have to be accurate...  It's *not*
> >> customer facing (or maybe it should be?)
> >>
> >> Anyone willing to chat about requirements and do a prototype, please
> >> contact
> >> me
> >> grodgers@inaflashcamera.com

0
Gary103 (266)
10/12/2005 1:38:07 PM
Gary-

I am kind of new to software development ( i.e. I come cheap), but I thought
I would take this on if you are willing.

I understand that you want a form that takes input ( as already described by
you ) from a user and prints it to a local printer with a given format.  I
can take the requirements you have given and put together something for you.
 Let me know if you want me to work on this and we can discuss some of the
details.

-Erik

eslindenor@hotmail.com

"Gary" wrote:

> I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution.  I need a
> quick and dirty custom app that will do the following:
>
> 1)  Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached
>
> 2)  Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP
> possibly?)
>
> 3)  Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number (or
> last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store)
>
> 4)  If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record
>
> 5)  If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes
> allowing the user to check of their choices (glossy or matte, 12/24/36
> exposure, single or double prints, create CD Yes/No, etc.)
>
> 6) Prompt for the number of rolls the customer has - and print the above
> information on that many labels.  Info printed should contain:
> Customer Number
> Customer Name
> Address
> Telephone
> and print all selected options chosen in the non-RMS data fields.
>
> From my past experience, this looks and smells like a data access page in MS
> Access, but I just don't have the time to research, test and build it.  It
> doesn't have to be pretty, but it does have to be accurate...  It's *not*
> customer facing (or maybe it should be?)
>
> Anyone willing to chat about requirements and do a prototype, please contact
> me
> grodgers@inaflashcamera.com

0
eslinden (6)
10/12/2005 4:57:05 PM
Hi Gary,

We specialize in creating customizations for RMS - I'll contact you offline
with more information.

--
Rick Feuling
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)

>I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution.  I need a
> quick and dirty custom app that will do the following:
>
> 1)  Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached
>
> 2)  Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP
> possibly?)
>
> 3)  Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number
> (or
> last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store)
>
> 4)  If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record
>
> 5)  If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes
> allowing the user to check of their choices (glossy or matte, 12/24/36
> exposure, single or double prints, create CD Yes/No, etc.)
>
> 6) Prompt for the number of rolls the customer has - and print the above
> information on that many labels.  Info printed should contain:
> Customer Number
> Customer Name
> Address
> Telephone
> and print all selected options chosen in the non-RMS data fields.
>
> From my past experience, this looks and smells like a data access page in
> MS
> Access, but I just don't have the time to research, test and build it.  It
> doesn't have to be pretty, but it does have to be accurate...  It's *not*
> customer facing (or maybe it should be?)
>
> Anyone willing to chat about requirements and do a prototype, please
> contact
> me
> grodgers@inaflashcamera.com

setting the status programmatically on a custom entity
Hello, I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis code is ran in a pre-update plugin. SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest(); request.Entity = new Moniker(); request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent"; request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID; request.State = "Inactive"; request.Status = 5; service.Execute(request); The problem is that I receive the following error: "State Code...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

Barcode reader & labels for Fixed Assets
Does anyone know any barcode scanner and label printer solutions that integrate with the Great Plains fixed asset module? ...

User Access Reporting
Hello Everybody, Does anyone know of a better way to audit security for individual users that the User Security report? Even with the options set to include Accessible Items only, we're finding the report for a single user runs well over 100 pages. With that kind of bulk, both the generation and review of the reports becomes a major endeavor. We're currently using GP9, with plans to go to 10 this year. Thanks, Jeremy Hi Jeremy Have you looked at the Rockton Software add-on called Security Auditor? I think it will do everything you are looking for and more. -- Fliehigh &q...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Over Lapping Bubbles and Labels
Can anyone advise the best way of avoiding over lapping bubbles on bubble chart ? I have a similar issue with the labels overlappinmg eachothe -- Fulla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fullam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3336 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53299 Hi, To avoid overlapping you will need to change the x and or y value of the point. Add an offset value to either dimension to re-locate it. The problem with that is that the point no longer truly repres...

Office 2004 apps fail on startup
I have just installed Office 2004 and cannot get Word, Excel or PowerPoint to start up. In each case the splash screen shows, there's a brief blank and then the error dialog box comes up. Typically the error log shows (and there are similar logs for the other two apps): Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2004-05-30 14:30:02 +0100 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Version: 11.0.0.040408 Module Name: ATS Module Version: unknown Module Offset: 0x0002aac4 Extra app info: Reg=English Loc=0x0409 Thread 0 crashed: # 1...

Vista/Access Database Network Problem
Has the very serious network problem in Vista covered by Article 935366 "Issues that you may encounter when you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista" been fixed by either Vista SP1 or Access SP3? I can't find any reference to a fix in these service packs?? To lose your data is indeed a very serious bug. Part of the article on 935366 states: When you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista, you may encounter one or more of the following issues: .. Access ...

Moving Data Automaticaly
Can you help I have a table (part shown below) the Date and Day moves automaticaly to left at midnight - is it possible to get the rest of the data to move as well 25-Nov 26-Nov 27-Nov 28-Nov Sun Mon Tue Wed 07:00 07:00 TBA on off on off on off on off 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -- JohnM Please explain meaning of "date and day MOVES to left" Are you using conditionally formatting to highlight the cell with the current date? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bli...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

Importing Calender data from MS Project
Hi, Has anyone has any experience exporting their calender data from MS Project into the MS Outlook calender, can this be done ?? Thanks Pete ...

Export Access pivot table to Excel
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. Default out put format of query is pivot table. I want to export same to excel. I do that each time with the export button which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. Code is below: ---------------------- Public Sub TransferReport()...

Data Protection
Where are in the process of implementing CRM and have a number of concerns relating to Data Protection. Is there any data protection experts out there who could advice on any question we might have ? Thanks ...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

Moving a line of data when information is entered in a specific cell.
HELP NEEDED. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of problems that we encounter at our volunteer organization. It is pretty simple. I am having one problem. One of my fields is "completion information." What I need is when completion information is entered into the field, I want that line of information to move to an "archived sheet". In effect, so that I have a sheet with only active problems and when the completion information is entered it moves to the archived sheet. Anyone have any suggestions? -- opshmo -----------------------------------------------...

Extending CRM access to another Domain
We have a request from our parent company overseas in that they want to connect to our instance of MSCRM. In no way is our AD environment or WAN connected to them. My first thought was to simply create AD accounts for those users, and give them VPN access into our network. Then allow them to hit the CRM web site, but then the question of CRM email comes around. Since we have two different domain names, it would mean that the overseas folks would have two email accounts to manage. My question here would be what are my options to make this happen? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! ...

Chart labels disappear
After adding 34 data series to an x-y chart I save the file. After closing and opening the file most data labels no longer appeared. If I went to each data series and altered what the labels contain (say added X value) then the labels appeared again. Is there a way to refresh the entire chart? ...

How to overwrite data in file?
I am using a text file to log progress of a long-running macro. I want to continuously overwrite the first line with variable-length data. The following paradigm demonstrates my problem: Open myPath For Output Access Write As #fd Print #fd, "1234567890123456789012345678901234567890" Seek #fd, 1 Print #fd, "abcde" Close #fd I want the file to contain only "abcde". But the actual result is: abcde 890123456789012345678901234567890 Apparently, "abcde" CRLF overwrote the data, but that did not cause the end-of-file to be rewritten. ...