Customization Guide from Partner Source

Does any one know link, and I am reviewing XML structure, to see where
additional receipt lines can be add.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Greek,

You must have access to PartnerSource; http://tinyurl.com/9fkz9

--
*
"Greek the geek" <Greekthegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Does any one know link, and I am reviewing XML structure, to see where
additional receipt lines can be add.

0
spam3944 (2163)
2/13/2006 5:47:00 AM
About two years ago (maybe three), I collected these documents from
various sources.  They can be a helpful guideline.  I am a third party
consultant without access to CustomerSource or PartnerSource.  I've now
installed three retailers and have written custom solutions for all of
them using these documents as a guide.

Grab them while you can from my site: http://manicsquirrel.com/rms

Also, do not discount the Object Browser in Visual Studio.  Use it to
explore the QSRules.dll.  It won't help you with the receipt template,
but it will if you decide to create a COM add-in.

0
carla8185 (32)
2/14/2006 1:40:36 AM
Thank You Very Much

"manicsquirrel" wrote:

> About two years ago (maybe three), I collected these documents from
> various sources.  They can be a helpful guideline.  I am a third party
> consultant without access to CustomerSource or PartnerSource.  I've now
> installed three retailers and have written custom solutions for all of
> them using these documents as a guide.
>
> Grab them while you can from my site: http://manicsquirrel.com/rms
>
> Also, do not discount the Object Browser in Visual Studio.  Use it to
> explore the QSRules.dll.  It won't help you with the receipt template,
> but it will if you decide to create a COM add-in.

Thanks Jeff

"Jeff" wrote:

> Greek,
>
> You must have access to PartnerSource; http://tinyurl.com/9fkz9
>
> --
> *
> "Greek the geek" <Greekthegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does any one know link, and I am reviewing XML structure, to see where
> additional receipt lines can be add.

Registering with the Newsgroup Interface for Private and Managed Newsgroups

Looks Like the Passwords have change?  Whats up

tryed to log in      access denied

Thanks for your help in this matter.

"Jeff" wrote:

> Greek,
>
> You must have access to PartnerSource; http://tinyurl.com/9fkz9
>
> --
> *
> "Greek the geek" <Greekthegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does any one know link, and I am reviewing XML structure, to see where
> additional receipt lines can be add.

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

Workbook reference is reset to [0] in chart data source spec

Drop Source
Hello I'm setting up an application that should be able to support drag and drop between windows in the application as well as dragging from the application to the desktop or other folders outside of the application. I've got the application and the desired windows within it to act as drop targets, unfortunately I haven't been able to get them to work as drop sources. ie. I'd like to drag an image from one window to another or have it get copied to the desktop as an image file Does anyone have any tips regarding setting up a drop source. I've tried using CDataSource, b...

Customize link not working in Reports
Money 2002: Version 10.0 When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize... link on the left side, I do not get the Customize Dialog box that I used to see. Money is basically unusable until I hit the ESC (Escape) key. Any ideas? If you are using Money 2005, go into Tools/Reports and see whether you are using Essential or Advanced Reports. My guess is that you need to switch from Essential to Advanced. This is new in Money 2005. "LongTime User" wrote: > Money 2002: Version 10.0 > > When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize....

Customize Task Details Form
Not sure if this is possible. Can I customize the Task Details Form? I'd like to add some more input fields to it. My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have all schedules populate. I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once. I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out. It would be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify it...

Address relationship with custom entity
Hi We have created a custom entity and we would like to create a similar relationship that accounts have with addresses. We would basically want to enter multiple addresses for the custom entity. I have noticed that this not possible simply by creating a new relationship. You actually cannot create a new relationship with the address entity. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I guess we could create a new address entity which would enable us to enter multiple address for the custom entity. I would prefer not to do this though. Any suggestions? Thanks alot Mark ...

How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...
Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for a custom entity AFTER they've been created? After you create and save they can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the backend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

NEED HELP: Who are MBS Partner here?
To prepare the MBS CRM exam, I need the courseware download from Microsoft Website. I email the MBS, they gave me a link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/training/materials/ But I can’t login, it says:” The email address you entered was not found in our records. Please check the email address and try again.” Could anyone please directly send me the courseware to prepare the exams? Thanks a lot! Jim Hi Jim That link takes you to a list of the available courseware. You must then order the courseware through a Microsoft Partner, so you best bet is to contact a Learning Soluti...

Simple Format for Customer Statement
Hello All Is there available another format for printing customer statements? I'm mostly interested in a format that shows charges and payments without all the details and allocation to invoices. In other words I need a statement is the old fashion simple (Debit, Credit, Balance) format. Thank you Thanks Morris, I'll try it out. "Morris Paint" wrote: > This is our current statement. We are having another one written that shows > current period transactions in one area and all open invoices in another. > > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft...

AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control
Hi! There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I found the approach is like this - BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT"); return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should i do? many thanks kdv09 ...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

Custom auto-sorting...possible?
Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns? I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls. The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve -- Pools ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961 View this thread: ht...

Newbie Help for Custom Number Formats
Hey All, I am working on a spreadsheet that I would like to have it append the inch symbol as part of the number format ("). I figured out that I can add custom suffixes with the use of the quotation marks, but I can't place a quotation mark inside of quotes and get what I need. Is there any way to have Excel do this for me? I know it seems like a small thing to do, but having Excel add this for me would save me a lot of time with formulas and all. Example: 24" Thanks in advance. JB -- joshb416 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ j...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Create Customer using web services
I would like to cal the GPWebservices using a formatted XML file. I was able to create a basic XML file to create a customer in GP. However I’m having trouble specifying the customer organization. The WSDL specifies the following format <ns1:Context> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf>?</ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:OrganizationKey/> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:CultureName>?</ns1:CultureName> <ns1:CurrencyType>?</ns1:CurrencyType...

customizing pivot tables
I am trying to create a pivot table based off of data in Sheet2. I need to look to be different than any of the autoformats. is there a way that i can create my own autoformat, maybe in VBA, that i can use for other tables as well? Maybe you could record a macro when you format it the way you like. Then you could run that macro to get that look when you want. tkaplan wrote: > > I am trying to create a pivot table based off of data in Sheet2. I need to > look to be different than any of the autoformats. is there a way that i can > create my own autoformat, maybe in VBA, that ...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

Idiots amd Noddys guide to Visual Basic for applications
Hi, Can some one recommend a website/book an idiots guide, real nodd explanations for beginners learning Visual Basic for applications, fo somone who know's nothing about visual basic leading them through step by step process. A web site - that can get you stated from very beginning, with ver concise explanations. Walking before you can run style!!!!!! Many thanks, -- grphillip ----------------------------------------------------------------------- grphillips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1595 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Customization guide #2
Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store is on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we want to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I won't say anything..... Thanks! Is there a developer's guide? Every time I called MS about development information all I get is routed to a salesperson or told we can put you in touch with "a partner" I even went thru the route of trying to become a partner in order to have more dev materials... No luck so far. "New RMS User" <N...

Report Customizing ... Missed the CHAT
I missed the chat on Report Customizing that was held the other day ... anyone know where I can read a transcript of the session? ...

Customize a gloal address list
I am running Exchange 2003 on a 2003 server. I would like to create an additional global address list and I was wondering if there is a way to customize the list. I was interested in adding icons or maybe different fonts for the different departments in the company so users at a glance could tell what department the reciepient was from. Is there anyway to do this, or are there other suggestions on how to visually separate members of the same global ...

Exporting Customization Forms and Reports
When we exporrting the customized forms and reports, we wish if can exporting them by Module/Related Name for e.g. we can export the customized HR forms and screen to one package but when its come to POP, SOP, Payroll for example they categorized under Great Plains so its diffecult to saperate them. We need that becouse when we do importing any customization to our customer we need to import only related to module that regitser for the customer not every thing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vo...

Data Migration
Just wondering about best practices for my situation. Multiple users using Outlook for email...some contact data. Some users using secondary systems (Saleslogix, Excell) for additional contact info. What would be the best practice for merging all of this data together into a single MSCRM system? Challenges: clarifying record ownership when more than 1 has this record in their system. Some systems have Account/Contact relationships established (SLX) already. After having users cleanse their data as best they can, how should we approach this? We can use Scribe to pull the SLX data reta...