Customization guide #2

Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store is
on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we want
to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I
won't say anything.....

Thanks!
0
User (142)
11/4/2004 3:09:09 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is there a developer's guide?
Every time I called MS about development information all I get is routed to
a salesperson or told we can put you in touch with "a partner"  I even went
thru the route of trying to become a partner in order to have more dev
materials...

No luck so far.

"New RMS User" <New RMS User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store
> is
> on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we
> want
> to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I
> won't say anything.....
>
> Thanks!

0
Steve
11/8/2004 5:10:26 PM
I have the customization guide, is this not distibutable?

"New RMS User" wrote:

> Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store is
> on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we want
> to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I
> won't say anything.....
>
> Thanks!
0
RobF (81)
11/8/2004 7:09:03 PM
Rob,

The Customization Guide is only supposed to be distributed from Microsoft to
Certified Partners.  We are not supposed to give it to end users.

Have a great day!

Amy

--
Amy Luby
Mobitech

Microsoft Certified Partner:  Networking Infrastructure Solutions
Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner: Microsoft Retail Management
System
Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional: Retail Management
System Headquarters
Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional: Retail Management
System Store Operations
"Rob F." <RobF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the customization guide, is this not distibutable?
>
> "New RMS User" wrote:
>
>> Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store
>> is
>> on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we
>> want
>> to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I
>> won't say anything.....
>>
>> Thanks!

0
a.luby (83)
11/8/2004 10:09:18 PM
I did not give it out and I won't now, we are a certified partner--I am glad
you told me this.  I was trying to get that answer.

Thanks,

"Amy Luby" wrote:

> Rob,
>
> The Customization Guide is only supposed to be distributed from Microsoft to
> Certified Partners.  We are not supposed to give it to end users.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Amy
>
> --
> Amy Luby
> Mobitech
> 13430 "L" Street
> Omaha, NE 68137
> 402.330.0707(o)
> 402.614.3519(f)
> www.mobitech.biz
>
> Microsoft Certified Partner:  Networking Infrastructure Solutions
> Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner: Microsoft Retail Management
> System
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional: Retail Management
> System Headquarters
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional: Retail Management
> System Store Operations
> "Rob F." <RobF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the customization guide, is this not distibutable?
> >
> > "New RMS User" wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store
> >> is
> >> on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we
> >> want
> >> to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I
> >> won't say anything.....
> >>
> >> Thanks!

0
RobF (81)

MS RMS Store Operations Study Guide?
Does any one have this? I would like to get certified but I don't have the $298 to buy it. http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/using/rms_elearning.mspx Thanks, Jho After purchasing RMS in January I was told that the User's Guide (which could bethe basis of study) was no longer available in printed form. After finally gaining access to CustomerSource, I found it available for download (all 536 pages of it). Yesterday, my RMS tech told me that it is again being shipped with new purchases of RMS. You do have to be a support customer to access the s...

VB Macro #2

"Customize Outlook Today" does not respond
The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer functions. I use Outlook 2000 on two separate computers. the Customize feature works on neither one. They both formerly functioned perfectly. I have noted a few other postings with the same issue, but there have been no responses. Is it possible that one of the updates to Outlook 2000 has rendered this feature inoperable? Since I keep my programs up to date, that is the only guess I have. I have the exact same problem on more than one pc. I have been searching for an answer all day. I just decided to start using the opti...

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Custom reports #3

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...

Backing Up Outlook #2
I have Windows XP Professional installed. Is there a simple and straight forward way to back up all my Outlook folders and address books to CD? Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "mel weston" <mel.weston@micronsecurity.com> wrote in message news:068d01c35018$e7f97b70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have...

Outlook Today does not Customize
Hello, I have WinXP home edition with Office 2000 installed. When I am in Outlook and want to customize the "Outlook Today" screen it will not open the control panel, I can click on the "Customize Outlook Today" til I am blue in the face and it will not open...any suggestions or is this the way it is? Thanks, Kelly OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

Add message to customers on printed invoice
We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't GP? -- Art Cabot Director, Information Technology Sizemore, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

direct deposit #2
I am in the process of setting up payroll. I am able to import(using integration mgr) Employee info, deductions, benefits, taxes, etc. I cannot seem to find anything about importing direct deposit information. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks As far as I know, there is no integration within integration manager that can handle this. The last time I ran into this, I had to use some sql scripts to get everything in to GP. "nfp" wrote: > I am in the process of setting up payroll. I am able to import(using > integration mgr) > Employee info, deductions, benef...