Customer Report - Custom

Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying to
customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file. It has
been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want. This is
great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the office to
be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For example:
we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our mailing
list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with us or
who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom text
feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file, "please
mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it to
contain catalogue then we would have our list.

I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to add
the feild to the report I get only an error message.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
--
Happy Camper ~ Evie
0

Evie,

What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my .QRP
file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and was
even able to filter based on the contents of the field.

Bill Yater
The Worth Collection
byater@worthltd.com

"Evie" wrote:

> Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying to
> customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file. It has
> been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want. This is
> great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the office to
> be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For example:
> we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our mailing
> list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with us or
> who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom text
> feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file, "please
> mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it to
> contain catalogue then we would have our list.
>
> I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to add
> the feild to the report I get only an error message.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
> --
> Happy Camper ~ Evie
0
BillYater (133)
11/9/2006 7:31:01 PM
Thanks for your response.

The error message I get when trying to run the report is:

    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"

Any ideas?

--
Happy Camper ~ Evie

"Bill Yater" wrote:

> Evie,
>
> What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my .QRP
> file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and was
> even able to filter based on the contents of the field.
>
> Bill Yater
> The Worth Collection
> byater@worthltd.com
>
> "Evie" wrote:
>
> > Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying to
> > customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file. It has
> > been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want. This is
> > great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the office to
> > be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For example:
> > we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our mailing
> > list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with us or
> > who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom text
> > feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file, "please
> > mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it to
> > contain catalogue then we would have our list.
> >
> > I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to add
> > the feild to the report I get only an error message.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
> > --
> > Happy Camper ~ Evie
0
Evie (9)
11/9/2006 8:26:01 PM
Evie,

Is this the real message you're getting?  If so, the word FieldName is
spelled wrong.

Otherwise, here is the column you need to add to your report;

Begin Column
   FieldName = "Customer.Notes"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   Title = "Notes"
   VBDataType = vbString
   Formula = ""
   ColHidden = True
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 2500
   GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
   ColFormat = ""
   ColAlignment = flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

--
Jeff
Check Point Software

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

"Evie" <Evie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response.
>
> The error message I get when trying to run the report is:
>
>    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
> List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Happy Camper ~ Evie
>

> "Bill Yater" wrote:
>
>> Evie,
>>
>> What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my
>> .QRP
>> file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and
>> was
>> even able to filter based on the contents of the field.
>>
>> Bill Yater
>> The Worth Collection
>> byater@worthltd.com
>>
>> "Evie" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello, I am hoping someone might assist me with a problem. I am trying
>> > customize a customer report to show the Notes from the customer file.
>> > It has
>> > been suggested to me to run a query on this to pull the info I want.
>> > This is
>> > great, but not ideally what I am looking for. I want anyone in the
>> > office to
>> > be able to run the report and filter it to their specifications. For
>> > example:
>> > we have an anual catalogue and we do not send it to everyone on our
>> > mailing
>> > list. We want to send it to local customers who have spent money with
>> > us or
>> > who specifically request a catalogue. We have used up all of the custom
>> > text
>> > feilds for other info, so if we place a "note" in the customer file,
>> > "please
>> > mail catalogue" then run a report on customer notes feild and filter it
>> > contain catalogue then we would have our list.
>> >
>> > I know the Notes feild exists in the Customer Table, but when I try to
>> > add
>> > the feild to the report I get only an error message.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>> > --
>> > Happy Camper ~ Evie

0
cptsoft (1248)
11/10/2006 5:10:26 AM
That's exactly what my column definition looks like. If you need to (don't
know how long your notes are), you may need to convert this field to a fixed
length. In that case, the following lines apply:
   FieldName = "CustomerFixedLengthNotes"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   StoreIDFieldName = ""
   Title = "Notes"
   VBDataType = vbString
   Formula = "CAST(customer.notes as nvarchar(50))"
   ColHidden = False
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1395
   GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
   ColFormat = ""

Jeff is right; check your spelling of the word "field".

Bill Yater
The Worth Collection
byater@worthltd.com

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Evie,
>
> Is this the real message you're getting?  If so, the word FieldName is
> spelled wrong.
>
> Otherwise, here is the column you need to add to your report;
>
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "Customer.Notes"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Notes"
>    VBDataType = vbString
>    Formula = ""
>    ColHidden = True
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 2500
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
>    ColFormat = ""
>    ColAlignment = flexAlignLeftCenter
> End Column
>

> --
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

> "Evie" <Evie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your response.
> >
> > The error message I get when trying to run the report is:
> >
> >    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
> > List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Happy Camper ~ Evie
> >

> > "Bill Yater" wrote:
> >
> >> Evie,
> >>
> >> What sort of error are you getting? I was able to add the column to my
> >> .QRP
> >> file, than add that field to the list of report fields to display, and
> >> was
> >> even able to filter based on the contents of the field.
> >>
> >> Bill Yater
> >> The Worth Collection
> >> byater@worthltd.com

0
BillYater (133)
11/10/2006 1:47:01 PM
Thanks Jeff and Bill for your replies.

In my response to Bill, I typed 'field' wrong. I wrote it correctly in the
report and the error message indicates the correct spelling too. I tried both
of your solutions and they both returned the same error message I originally
received (only with different field names in quotes, of course).

I know that it should work and it is very frustrating that it does not.
Perhaps the problem is not the field name but something else?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Again thanks for your time!
--
Happy Camper ~ Evie

"Bill Yater" wrote:

> That's exactly what my column definition looks like. If you need to (don't
> know how long your notes are), you may need to convert this field to a fixed
> length. In that case, the following lines apply:
>    FieldName = "CustomerFixedLengthNotes"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    StoreIDFieldName = ""
>    Title = "Notes"
>    VBDataType = vbString
>    Formula = "CAST(customer.notes as nvarchar(50))"
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1395
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
>    ColFormat = ""
>
> Jeff is right; check your spelling of the word "field".
>

> Bill Yater
> The Worth Collection
> byater@worthltd.com
>

> "Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:
>
> > Evie,
> >
> > Is this the real message you're getting?  If so, the word FieldName is
> > spelled wrong.
> >
> > Otherwise, here is the column you need to add to your report;
> >
> > Begin Column
> >    FieldName = "Customer.Notes"
> >    DrillDownFieldName = ""
> >    DrillDownReportName = ""
> >    Title = "Notes"
> >    VBDataType = vbString
> >    Formula = ""
> >    ColHidden = True
> >    ColNotDisplayable = False
> >    FilterDisabled = False
> >    ColWidth = 2500
> >    GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
> >    ColFormat = ""
> >    ColAlignment = flexAlignLeftCenter
> > End Column
> >

> > --
> > Jeff
> > Check Point Software

> > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> > see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> > follow
> > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
> > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
> >

> > "Evie" <Evie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your response.
> > >
> > > The error message I get when trying to run the report is:
> > >
> > >    Error reading report file C:\Programs ... \Memorized-Detailed Customer
> > > List.qrp at line# 728 FeildName = "Customer.Notes"
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Happy Camper ~ Evie

0
Evie (9)
11/10/2006 2:50:02 PM
Why don't you just post you file?  Follow the instrucions in Jeff's
footer to connect to the group using outlook Express and add the file as
an attachment...

You probably either have a syntax error just above the specified line,
or you may have exceeded the maximum number of columns - I think you can
have up to 40...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Evie wrote:
> Thanks Jeff and Bill for your replies.
>
> In my response to Bill, I typed 'field' wrong. I wrote it correctly in the
> report and the error message indicates the correct spelling too. I tried both
> of your solutions and they both returned the same error message I originally
> received (only with different field names in quotes, of course).
>
> I know that it should work and it is very frustrating that it does not.
> Perhaps the problem is not the field name but something else?
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated. Again thanks for your time!
0
glenn9672 (1267)
11/10/2006 8:43:16 PM
Thank you Glenn,

You are brilliant!!! There were too many columns in the report. Once I
removed one, it worked just fine!

Thanks again!
--
Happy Camper ~ Evie

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Why don't you just post you file?  Follow the instrucions in Jeff's
> footer to connect to the group using outlook Express and add the file as
> an attachment...
>
> You probably either have a syntax error just above the specified line,
> or you may have exceeded the maximum number of columns - I think you can
> have up to 40...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Evie wrote:
> > Thanks Jeff and Bill for your replies.
> >
> > In my response to Bill, I typed 'field' wrong. I wrote it correctly in the
> > report and the error message indicates the correct spelling too. I tried both
> > of your solutions and they both returned the same error message I originally
> > received (only with different field names in quotes, of course).
> >
> > I know that it should work and it is very frustrating that it does not.
> > Perhaps the problem is not the field name but something else?
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated. Again thanks for your time!

0
Evie (9)

Customizing the search in the "members of a marketing list" view
Hi! We have a strange problem with the search in the "members of a marketing list" view. If we do a search for a last name, there are no hits, even though there is such a contact in the marketing list. If we do the search for the same contact with the first name or a "*" before the lastname (for example "*gates") we get the contact we were looking for. I guess our CRM is only searching in the field with the full name... Everywhere else, the search works as expected and we can find the contact even with searching only for his last name. I checked the defau...

Variables show in Print Preview but not when report prints
I have a form that requests a startdate and enddate for the transactions to be reported. In Print Preview, these two variables appear on the report header, but disappear when the report actually prints. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:30:01 -0700, Sam V wrote: > I have a form that requests a startdate and enddate for the transactions to > be reported. In Print Preview, these two variables appear on the report > header, but disappear when the report actually prints. Any help would be > greatly appreciated. What is the actual control source of...

Equity in Options not appearing in reports???
Sorry, this may be a simple issue but I'm new to Money. I can't figure out why my vested stock option amounts aren't being included in any of Money's reports. The accounts are there in my portfolio, but when I print portfolio value reports they are not included. I've selected "all" accounts but the options acct doesn't even seem to be available.. Any help is appreciated. ...

reports
still waiting for some pro to teach me how to do a report in Excel 2002 with a brief like that, what can we be thinking? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "herbzee" <her.ky@verizon.net> wrote in message news:i%NUd.66504$8a6.43117@trndny09... > still waiting for some pro to teach me how to do a report in Excel 2002 > http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA010346581033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:42:06 GMT, herbzee <her.ky@verizon.net> wrote: >still waiting for some pro to teach me how t...

Importing Customizations and Workflows from 3.0
Hi, I've exported some customizations and workflows from CRM 3.0 and want to import to CRM 4.0. I'm trying at the CRM 4.0 interface but it's saying "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file." How should I do that? It isn't possible? tks, Alex Unfortunately you can't export from CRM 3.0 and import into CRM 4.0 Your only option is to have your customisations on a CRM 3.0 server, upgrade the server to CRM 4.0, then export and import the customisations and workflows -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: h...

Formulae for customized field
Dear sir , I want to use the formulae iif (and ( expression1,expression2),truepart,falsepart). But its not working it is sho wing syntex error with And. how to solve the problem? -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com It's almost like EXCEL but not quite. iif (expression1 AND expression2,truepart,falsepart) Watch out for quoted literal text, eg "truepart" for text and flag fields. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "Amey" <Amey@discussions.microsoft.com...

Custom Views Disappear
I use Outlook on a corporate exchange network. I have customized views that group my inbox and tasks in assorted ways. These custom views keep disappearing. I can't create a view with the same name, so it must be somewhere. Strangely, they will reappear from time to time. Where are these views stored? How can I get them back? What can be done to make this behavior stop? Thank you! M ...

Multiple reports in same Document
I am looking for a way to show on the same document, two different type of data as follows: I have a data table with any number of columns that are set in width. I am wanting to insert a pivot table report imediately below the dat table. The pivot table picks up the column width from the data tabl already in the sheet. This causes the pivot table fields to be eithe too large or too small. If I correct the pivot table, then the dat table attributes are changed. Thanks -- JGallik0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JGallik01's Profile: http://www...

Drop Down List / Open Report
How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] Row Source ;rptCharge1; What would have the Event OnClick Thanks for any Help....Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:11:57 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > > >How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports >i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 >Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] >Row Source ;rptCharge1; >What wou...

Printing a report to fit on one page
How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit to one page" function?? -- Thanks! mass I haven't tried this with Money yet, but I usually set my print driver to "fit-to-page" when I experience a program that doesn't seem to allow that function on its own. "mass" wrote: > How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless > of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit &...

Can reports show a percentage?
Is there a way to show a percentage in the SO reports? I would like a report to show the profit as a percentage of the sales on a few reports. Thanks, JD Byers Sure ... have several reports that I modified to show this. See below. Begin Column FieldName = "ProfitMargin" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" StoreIDFieldName = "" Title = "Margin" VBDataType = vbDouble Formula = "CASE WHEN ViewStoreSales.TotalSales > 0 THEN (VIEWStoreSales.TotalSales-VIEWStoreQty.TotalCost) / ViewStoreSales.TotalSales...

CRM 3.0 Reports Not Working in Outlook Client
Recently we had to republish all the reports on the SQL server (2005) in order for them to show up in the web client. They now do and can be run. However, none of our laptop clients are able to run a report. When a user clicks on the report link, they get the following error: Server error '/' application The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized. These same users can run the reports through the web client. I'm at a complete loss and appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Jason Little more background: CRM 3.0 and SQL Server 2005 are on different servers OS: Windows ...

Customization not appears..
Hi, I have a problem that one of the users in CRM doesnt have Customization in Settings. He is defined as System Admin in CRM and in Active directory. I'm guessing that the problem is that this user working on two computers, on the first PC it works fine, on the second PC it does not appear. It looks like some definition of main station and secondary station. How can I control it? Thanks. Has he installed the language pack on that computer ? For example base language English and second language xyz ? Try launching web client before you start outlook. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsu...

Invalid report
I have an annoying message that continually pops up on my screen and is wearing my patients real thin. The message reads: "Due to changes in your money file, the saved version of the "Portfolio Value by Investment Type" report is no longer valid. Money has attempeted to reeset the report, but you should reset it manually to avoid unreliable information". 1. I have "reset" the report manually, many times, all to no avail. 2. In addition, I uninstalled, and reinstalled, the entire program. Any ideas???? Ensure you delete any MRU references from the regis...

Office can't recognize custom-made layout
Hello all I recently switched to the mac, and one thing has been a problem: the kb layout. I am Brazilian, but there weren't any proper Brazilian keyboard layout available in OS X (Brazilian and Portuguese in the International Pref Pane have nothing to do with the actual layout). So after some searching I finally found and installed a custom layout which works fine in every application (iWork, Firefox, Safari, etc), except for the Office apps, which refuse to recognize the 12th bottom-row key (which is responsible for "/" and "?") of my keyboard. This link ( http://w...

Why Doesn't My Stock Option Account show up in reports?
I've tried everything simple I can think of. Can't seem to get my Options account to even be counted towards net worth or any other report. In microsoft.public.money, TonyT wrote: >I've tried everything simple I can think of. Can't seem >to get my Options account to even be counted towards net >worth or any other report. Have you tried Tools->Options->Investments->Calculate...BasedOn...ValueOfTotal... ? ...

Opinion about e-Expense Reports and Integration with GP and Bus Po
Does Microsoft have a e-expense report product and have any one implemented it? Or Have any of you implemented the third party package and how did it tie in with GP? Thanks in advance. -- Chetan Tanna Sr. Manager Of IT ...

Opening Report Manager from anything besides localhost gives error
I've never noticed this before, but if I try to go to http:\\crmserver\ReportManager I get a 403.6 error: "Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected". However, http:\\localhost\ReportManager works when I'm on the server. My Crystal Reports SW works fine, and once I'm in Report Manager it appears to work fine. What did i do wrong? ...

Calculating page/report sums using calculated data from subquery
Here is a scenario from my report: The report will grab data with a main query into a parent row Depending on the data, a child row may exist, if it does the report will display it The child row will use data from the parent row in order to do a calculation in the child All of this works just fine and the report data is correct. Now, what I am having issues with is doing the page/report sum calculations. The requirements dictate that I need to create a sum of both the parent column and also the child column in the totals. I have been trying to do this all day and cannot see...

ACC2000: changing report .Filter does not work
I'm still working on issues in earlier threads. When I use code to change my report's .Filter and set .FilterOn to true, I get no records. When I manually go to the report design, change the .Filter and ..FilterOn, I also get no records. Here's the code I use to change .Filter via code: sWhere = "[cus_no] = '" & sCustnum & "'" DoCmd.OpenReport sReportname, acViewDesign ' Must come before "set rpt" Set rpt = Reports(sReportname) rpt.Filter = sWhere rpt.FilterOn = True DoCmd.Close , , acSaveYes DoEvents ' Allow Access to sa...

Customer Shipping Labels
How about a "Labels" button on the Customer Properties page similar to that which appears on Item Properties? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d2d7...

How do you name and use a custom Layout
I have a spreadsheet with 30 coloumns. Differnt users access this spreadsheet and depending on their login name I wanted to display a different layout for differnt users. I have tried using custom view but it does not work. I tried cutting and inserting the cut colomn into a differnt part of the spreadsheet and named the custom view, but it did not go to it from the default layout. In other words it appears you cannot use custom views to view different layout options -- Steve F Not sure how you are going to tell the system the login name. But the custom views should work. I start with...

Is there a way to create a customer log in section,
Is there a way to create a customer log in area, so that I can create log in names and passwords? You will probably need to use php and a MySQL db to do this. Mike Ottolikestogetbloto wrote: > Is there a way to create a customer log in area, so that I can create log in > names and passwords? ...

Custom Autonumber Conditional Formatting
To, The EXPERTS, ( Access Dept.) I am New to access but have managed to make a database for my patients records , my trouble is the Registration Number of the Patient,( a cloumn in my database). i want it to generate the unique ID just llike AUTONUMBER, with the format i need that should be like YYMMnn( YY= present year,MM= present month and nn = numbers 01 to 99, with reset to 01 at the start of the next month)the event to trigger the event is SAVE Form button. please can anybody help? Thanking you in advance To, Mr.Klatuu Thanks for your Promt help... I will try to put this into use i...

Access 2003 Reports
Can someone tell/show me how to implement a conditional section in a report? I want to put in a section footer based on fields in the last two records in the detail section. ...