Customer Membership Expiration Date

I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get a
discount in the gift shop.  She would like to set the expiration date on the
membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database.  Does anyone
have any ideas how to accomplish this?  Add-Ons available?  Thanks for your
time and knowledge.
0
Kinnard (133)
1/17/2006 11:01:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the
expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the date
in that field is less than today.
Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually
very hard, so that may not be a good analogy. How about easy as stubbing your
toe after you just finished stubbing it a few minutes ago.

Rob

"Kinnard" wrote:

> I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get a
> discount in the gift shop.  She would like to set the expiration date on the
> membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database.  Does anyone
> have any ideas how to accomplish this?  Add-Ons available?  Thanks for your
> time and knowledge.
0
rob242 (534)
1/19/2006 2:37:02 PM
Gotta go to Marie Callender's for fresh pies http://www.mcpies.com/.  Did
their Christmas in a box this year too.  Ham and Turkey

Microwaves don't work too well for pies ala mode.  Plus they don't have a
button for pies like they do for popcorn or pizza.

--
*

"Kinnard" wrote:

> I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get
> discount in the gift shop.  She would like to set the expiration date on
> the
> membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database.  Does
> anyone
> have any ideas how to accomplish this?  Add-Ons available?  Thanks for
> your
> time and knowledge.

0
spam3944 (2163)
1/20/2006 2:36:17 AM
Actually I'm in the market for a new microwave - anyone got a suggestion.
How bout you kinnard - after all, you started this thread.

On another note - what museum membership software do they use - it would be
a non-profit type software like from Blackbaud.  In fact Blackbaud has an
RMS interface to their member software and is an RMS reseller.

If their museum membership software is SQL Server based, a procedure could
be written to run every 15 minutes or so to update member date fields  in
RMS for any changes (renewals, change in level, lapsed which would remove
the discount level) and add new members to the RMS customer table and set
the member discount level that the member bought - museums often have
different leverls of membership with different benefits including gift shop
discount rates.

Or are they very small and want to run everything from RMS?

Rick Brown
DataBasics

"Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gotta go to Marie Callender's for fresh pies http://www.mcpies.com/.  Did
> their Christmas in a box this year too.  Ham and Turkey
>
> Microwaves don't work too well for pies ala mode.  Plus they don't have a
> button for pies like they do for popcorn or pizza.
>
> --
> *
> "Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message
> You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the
> expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the
> date
> in that field is less than today.
> Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually
> very hard, so that may not be a good analogy. How about easy as stubbing
> your
> toe after you just finished stubbing it a few minutes ago.
>
> Rob
>
> "Kinnard" wrote:
>
>> I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they
>> get
>> discount in the gift shop.  She would like to set the expiration date on
>> the
>> membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database.  Does
>> anyone
>> have any ideas how to accomplish this?  Add-Ons available?  Thanks for
>> your
>> time and knowledge.

0
rb130 (104)
1/20/2006 4:21:10 PM
Rick, thanks for your response and yes they wish to run everything through
RMS, other ideas?  Thanks,

Kinnard

"Rick Brown" wrote:

> Actually I'm in the market for a new microwave - anyone got a suggestion.
> How bout you kinnard - after all, you started this thread.
>

> On another note - what museum membership software do they use - it would be
> a non-profit type software like from Blackbaud.  In fact Blackbaud has an
> RMS interface to their member software and is an RMS reseller.
>
> If their museum membership software is SQL Server based, a procedure could
> be written to run every 15 minutes or so to update member date fields  in
> RMS for any changes (renewals, change in level, lapsed which would remove
> the discount level) and add new members to the RMS customer table and set
> the member discount level that the member bought - museums often have
> different leverls of membership with different benefits including gift shop
> discount rates.
>
> Or are they very small and want to run everything from RMS?
>
> Rick Brown
> DataBasics
>

> "Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Gotta go to Marie Callender's for fresh pies http://www.mcpies.com/.  Did
> > their Christmas in a box this year too.  Ham and Turkey
> >
> > Microwaves don't work too well for pies ala mode.  Plus they don't have a
> > button for pies like they do for popcorn or pizza.
> >
> > --
> > *
> > "Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the
> > expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the
> > date
> > in that field is less than today.
> > Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually
> > very hard, so that may not be a good analogy. How about easy as stubbing
> > your
> > toe after you just finished stubbing it a few minutes ago.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "Kinnard" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they
> >> get
> >> discount in the gift shop.  She would like to set the expiration date on
> >> the
> >> membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database.  Does
> >> anyone
> >> have any ideas how to accomplish this?  Add-Ons available?  Thanks for
> >> your
> >> time and knowledge.

0
Kinnard (133)
1/21/2006 2:09:02 AM
For the membership part, set the membership expiration date when they pay
for membership and set their discount level or discount % in Customer
Properties|Customer Options.  Use one of the Customer optional date fields
as Rob said and enter a caption for it in Manager|Configuration|Options
tab - click the Caption Button in the lower left of the window.

Then modify the POS html status bar as Rob suggested and/or modify the
Customer List report to be able to list Customers with PriceLevel <>
standard or Discount% <> 0  and Membership Expiration Date < today.  If she
runs the report daily, she can modify all Customers who's discount expires,
as opposed to when they come in to by something and the cashier possibly not
seeing the expiration notice in the html status bar.  Or she can run it by
setting the date criteria out a week and see if she has any Customer records
to modify this week and on what date.

Rick Brown
DataBasics

"Kinnard" <Kinnard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Rick, thanks for your response and yes they wish to run everything through
> RMS, other ideas?  Thanks,
>
> Kinnard
>
> "Rick Brown" wrote:
>
>> Actually I'm in the market for a new microwave - anyone got a suggestion.
>> How bout you kinnard - after all, you started this thread.
>>

>> On another note - what museum membership software do they use - it would
>> be
>> a non-profit type software like from Blackbaud.  In fact Blackbaud has an
>> RMS interface to their member software and is an RMS reseller.
>>
>> If their museum membership software is SQL Server based, a procedure
>> could
>> be written to run every 15 minutes or so to update member date fields  in
>> RMS for any changes (renewals, change in level, lapsed which would remove
>> the discount level) and add new members to the RMS customer table and set
>> the member discount level that the member bought - museums often have
>> different leverls of membership with different benefits including gift
>> shop
>> discount rates.
>>
>> Or are they very small and want to run everything from RMS?
>>
>> Rick Brown
>> DataBasics
>>

>> "Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Gotta go to Marie Callender's for fresh pies http://www.mcpies.com/.
>> > Did
>> > their Christmas in a box this year too.  Ham and Turkey
>> >
>> > Microwaves don't work too well for pies ala mode.  Plus they don't have
>> > button for pies like they do for popcorn or pizza.
>> >
>> > --
>> > *
>> > "Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the
>> > expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the
>> > date
>> > in that field is less than today.
>> > Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is
>> > actually
>> > very hard, so that may not be a good analogy. How about easy as
>> > stubbing
>> > your
>> > toe after you just finished stubbing it a few minutes ago.
>> >
>> > Rob

0
rb130 (104)
1/21/2006 5:25:29 AM
Kinnard,
We developed an add-on for a fitness client that handles memberships
and expirations dates. It is actually an application that runs on it's
own windows system. The system has a scanner attached, when the clients
come in they scan their card, the application then queries the RMS
database and shows the customer information on the screen and their
expiration date. If the membership is valid it shows a green bar, if it
is expired it shows a red bar and makes a sound that prompts the
cashier to look over and see who has the expired membership. The dates
are kept in the customer custom date fields. The applicaiton shows the
last 5 customers and their status in case you have a bunch of people
come in at once you can see which customer had the expired membership.
If you have any interest please contact us. - sales @newestech.com  or
800.466.7839

Casey Hanson
New West Technologies
Want to run credit card transactions on your phone from anywhere? Check
this out:
http://www.newestech.com/POS/ranger.htm

0
chanson (56)

Problem with xy scatter with dates
I am trying to create an x-y scatter chart where both the x values and the y values are dates. I highlight the 2 adjacent columns of date data and click on Insert>Scatter. Instead of a scatter graph, I get a line chart with 2 lines (the two data columns). The x values on the graph are simply a count of the data points as in a line chart. If the 2 columns of data are not dates, I get the correct scatter chart, but not if the x-values are dates in which case I get a line chart. How can I get a scatter chart with both x-values and y-values as dates? You could select just the Y val...

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...

Date Picker
Hello, Is there a DatePicker in Excel 2007 so I can pick a date when I focus on a cell? If not, where can I get one? Thanks, Miguel Look here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:776296c8-83d8-467e-aefb-c31b24446bf7@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is there a DatePicker in Excel 2007 so I can pick a date when I focus > on a cell? > > If not, where can I get one? > > Thanks, > Miguel ...

Conditional formatting with dates formula problem.
Hello. I appreciate help on this topic. I'm very new to excel's conditional formatting capabilities and I need help on the following: I have a worksheet where I am using columns A and B to be fashioned into a type of "reverse" library checkout card; I want to flag when 120 days have passed since an item has been checked out. All cells are blank with the exception of the formatting applied to cells in column A. For example, Condition 1 on cell A1 has the formula: =IF(ISBLANK(B1),(A1-TODAY())<120) **I've also tried =IF(ISBLANK($B1),($A1-TODAY())<120) My objecti...

multiple sales persons per customer
Some companies are set up so that a certain brand or class of items are sold by certain salespersons, which means that a single customer can be serviced by a number of sales persons. The system should have a relation of Item/Customer to sales person or Item Class/Customer to sales person. This will then allow a single customer to have several sales persons and because there is a relationship to the inventory item, when the item appears on a sales document the correct salesperson will be attributed to the sale. At the moment the system allows several sales persons per sales document but...

Dates are not displayed in ComboBox
I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo. The Row Source is this: SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime; The SQL is this: SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime; Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks. I just did this in another form in another Access database. I can’t figure out why it’s not working for me now. I’m using Access 2007. I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this. Thanks! Ryan -- Ryan--...

Year to date sales history of inventory
How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my child. Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly. Rob "KatieH" wrote: > How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular > item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Musta got a new batch o glue, huh? (g) KatieH To pick up where Rob started...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the previous month? Craig Hi Craig =Dateserial(year(date), month(date), 0) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com... > Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the > previous month? > > Craig > > =TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nb...

Why is "image and text" option grayed out for some buttons in the customization?
It so happens that the most frequently used buttons on the tool bar are the up-arrow and down-arrow (the ones that move to the next/previous item). As I tried to assign short-cut key to them, however, i found that the "image and text" option is grayed out - for that matter, all other display options are grayed out - when you go into customization mode. Why is "image and text" option unavailable for some buttons? ...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

conditional format a date in Excel
I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30" all the dates change. I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is les than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30 all the dates change. lose the quotes in the condition =Now()+30 Unless you mean between today and 30 days in the future in which cas =now() would be the first condition and =now()+30 would be the second Al...

Excel 2002 Day/Date format
For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". The option doesn't exist under the Date category of the Format Cells command. Anyone have any ideas? Hi Have you tried using a Custom format? -- Andy. "The Kingfish" <KCKingfish@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:MGjke.4830$X92.1081@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be > formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". > > The option doesn&...

Install dates formating using conditional formating?
I have 2 cells (A1 and A2). I would like to have the following take place. 1. If I place a date that is either past or withinthe next 30 days into A2 format the text as red. 2. If I place any date into cell A1, I need A2 to say N/A. I have been able to do #1 using conditional formating but am stuck on #2. Can anyone help? Thanks -- Jerry Eggleston ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jerry Eggleston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9898 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Julian Dates?
Hi - i bet this is simple - but how do i convert NOW() ... or TODAY() into a julian date like 31206 (day 312, year 06) thanks Worksheet and macro solutions posted by Myrna Larson 1999-06-11 http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&ic=1&selm=an_488468851 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "ElBozo" <kobebus@verizon.net> wrote in message news:FMgih.5223$4Q6.1916@trnddc06... > Hi - i bet this is simple - but how do i conv...

Custom stationary
Hi How can I add a header and a signature to emails when using word as my default email package in Outlook 2000? Thanks Peter Peter Downes <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I add a header and a signature to emails when using word as my > default email package in Outlook 2000? Customize the EMAIL.DOT template. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

excel dates 03-25-10
how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? It depends on what result you want. If the number is 1, what date do you want? 1/1/2010? With your number in a1, try the following: =date(2010,1,a1) If that doesn't do what you want, post back with what you want to achieve. Regards, Fred "king2385" <king2385@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD3502E1-F28B-4FD5-8637-478EF98E6F66@microsoft.com... > how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? ...

Certification
I would like to know details about the Microsoft CRM Customization Exam. I am a Application certified professional and I would like to know if the 2 exams are similar. Is the exam too difficult? Which is harder? The Application exam or the Customization exam? Thanks! -- Troy D. Chinula is the guy! http://www.ilovelive.com Microsoft CRM 3.0 certification will be available in February - I think so. I will also do that . Add me on msn mscrmexpert@gmail.com for more ... -- All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com "MATTBIONDI" wrote: > I would li...

Dates in excel.
I know excel convertes dates into days since 1900, i just wondered i anyone knows exactly how it does it in terms of basic idea of code as need to write a similar thing in a different language without built i capabilities for date handling. Any links or anything would b appriciated. Thanks Rober -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here are some links: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingDates http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214094 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I know excel convertes dates into days since 190...

Calculating Dates by Month
I'm pretty new to this game, so here goes..... If I enter a date in cell A1, say 24/11/03.... I then want B1 to tel me what month that is (i.e November-03) But I also want excel to automatically complete cells C1-M1 with th next 11 months (December-03 to October-04). Thanks in advance!!!! : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi GreenMan! First your format problem Select A1 Format > Cells > Custom Format type mmmm-yy in the text box. Now copying across: Use the following in B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,MIN(DAY($A$1),DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,0)))) Watch...

Dates Puzzle
Hi, I have a file from someone with dates appearing to be formatted in the following custom format mm/dd/yy;@ When I copy them, they change to “actual” date according to their serial number. So custom formatted 04/21/87 when copied to another workbook transforms to 04/20/83 (30,426 serial number). I know how to preserve the dates by using = Date (Year(), month(), day()) function. But can someone please explain why this is happening, since in the future it could be easily overlooked when copying and pasting. Thanks for your input! Using 97 on Windows NT -- ______ Regards, G...

Conditional Formatting with Dates
I have two columns: G25 (submission date) & H25 (delivery date - which defaults to 3 workdays after the submission date). The formula I'm using to generate H25's value is: =IF(G25>0,(WORKDAY(G25,3,Holidays_08))," ") I want to conditionally format H25 to appear RED if the user manually enters a date that is less than 3 workdays. How can I do this? I have tried setting it myself but just can't get it to work. Thanks for your help -- JoAnn JoAnn, You cannot use WORKDAY in a CF - since it is a Analysis ToolPak function. You could use a hidden column th...

space before date in csv files
I often have to import CSV files into excel and the files contain dates such as 1/2/05 12:22:12 PM The problem is that when I import them, there is a space before the date so it is not taking as a date unless I remove the space. I tried to use the "TRIM" command and it does take the space off, but it still won't recognize those values as dates for some reason. If I use the trim function and then copy the values only into another cell it still won't act as a date until I go in to edit the cell and then click out of it. Has anyone ever run into this and do you have any su...

Excel 2003 Inserting current date
I wish to create a spreadsheet that whenever data is entered in a row/column, the actual date is entered automatically in a date column. I do not want the date to be overridden. Mark Right-click your sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste this event code in that sheet module. Enter anything in any cell in column A and B will get a static date. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'Col B time will not change if data in Col A is edited On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then n = Target.Row ...