Customer check data

When customers pay by check RMS asks for specific information such as
drivers license number, routing number, account number, address and phone
number.

Does anyone have a report and or a way to extract this info from the
database for cases when the check is returned for NSF?

Please advise,

Scott

0
scott8552 (28)
9/25/2007 6:47:27 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We can write you this report.  Contact me for detail on price .

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = =
"Scott Santorio" <scott@tt-newyork.com> wrote in message
> When customers pay by check RMS asks for specific information such as
> drivers license number, routing number, account number, address and phone
> number.
>
> Does anyone have a report and or a way to extract this info from the
> database for cases when the check is returned for NSF?
>
> Please advise,
>
> Scott

0
afshin (783)
9/27/2007 4:23:48 PM
Hi Scott,

I also have this problem. In our old POS system, DOS based, we would get
this information printed on the back of each check which was helpful for us
because that information was right there on the NSF itself. Now it seems we
would have to do some research in order to find information that should be
easier to find. I know RMS shows tender information in the journel, but no
check information btw. Why does RMs provide that choice when it doesn't
provide anything very useful I wondered myself.

I did see a custom receipt in the reports section of customer source that
would print that information on the receipt itself but don't think my
customers would like that so I didn't use it. But I wondered why that
information couldn't just be printed on the back of that check rather than
the receipt? It seems that this information exists somewhere during the
transaction right?

I also noticed that to put a person with a existing NSF into the RMS system
you need to enter the account information. This is the bank account number of
the NSF and as we both know these people who are writing NSF's open an
account and then close it. So even if you enter the bank account information
for Joe/Jane Doe and he/she closed that account and opens another you still
could get "hit" for another NSF from the very same person right? I have
taught our cashiers to put the driver license into the account and DL field
because this is a unique number assigned to a person and would be more
difficult to change. Then I input the DL number into the account field in RMS
SO so that if they return to our store with a new bank account number they
are caught because of their DL number. If this makes no sense please email me
and I can explain in better detail.

John K. (johnnyk@yahoo.com)

"Scott Santorio" wrote:

> When customers pay by check RMS asks for specific information such as
> drivers license number, routing number, account number, address and phone
> number.
>
> Does anyone have a report and or a way to extract this info from the
> database for cases when the check is returned for NSF?
>
> Please advise,
>
> Scott

0
johnk (51)
9/28/2007 2:20:01 PM
Thanks for the response, I understand completely what you are saying.  I am
just a little disappointed in Microsoft, because it cost me some money to
realize after the fact that there is no way to access this information that
they ask for.  After I received about 5 checks returned for over $500 a
piece, you can imagine that I was not very happy.  Trying to recover my
money from the check info has not been successful.  For the meantime I have
decided to not accept checks as a form of payment, some customers have
complained but what are you gonna do.  Maybe I will try to implement your
system and see if that works.

"John K." <JohnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Scott,
>
> I also have this problem. In our old POS system, DOS based, we would get
> this information printed on the back of each check which was helpful for
> us
> because that information was right there on the NSF itself. Now it seems
> we
> would have to do some research in order to find information that should be
> easier to find. I know RMS shows tender information in the journel, but no
> check information btw. Why does RMs provide that choice when it doesn't
> provide anything very useful I wondered myself.
>
> I did see a custom receipt in the reports section of customer source that
> would print that information on the receipt itself but don't think my
> customers would like that so I didn't use it. But I wondered why that
> information couldn't just be printed on the back of that check rather than
> the receipt? It seems that this information exists somewhere during the
> transaction right?
>
> I also noticed that to put a person with a existing NSF into the RMS
> system
> you need to enter the account information. This is the bank account number
> of
> the NSF and as we both know these people who are writing NSF's open an
> account and then close it. So even if you enter the bank account
> information
> for Joe/Jane Doe and he/she closed that account and opens another you
> still
> could get "hit" for another NSF from the very same person right? I have
> taught our cashiers to put the driver license into the account and DL
> field
> because this is a unique number assigned to a person and would be more
> difficult to change. Then I input the DL number into the account field in
> RMS
> SO so that if they return to our store with a new bank account number they
> are caught because of their DL number. If this makes no sense please email
> me
> and I can explain in better detail.
>
> John K. (johnnyk@yahoo.com)
>

> "Scott Santorio" wrote:
>
>> When customers pay by check RMS asks for specific information such as
>> drivers license number, routing number, account number, address and phone
>> number.
>>
>> Does anyone have a report and or a way to extract this info from the
>> database for cases when the check is returned for NSF?
>>
>> Please advise,
>>
>> Scott

0
scott8552 (28)
9/28/2007 2:47:55 PM
Hey Scott,

I agree with you 100% about Microsoft's lack of knowledge on how to handle
this matter. One suggestion that might also help you, which I will use once
all my stores all have RMS installed, is to create a form for "check
cashing/accepting" and have those customer who want to wrtie a check fill it
out and then use the allowed list in RMS to only accept checks from that list
rather than the deny list. I'm not sure but I believe that you would then use
their customer account numer, created from that form as customers, as the
"account" number in RMS to have the POS search that list to allow checks to
be taken from those customers. This way you could also build your customer
database for any future use you want. If a customer got "kicked" at the POS
you just have them fill out that form and enter their information there and
then or as I will for their next visit. I'm not sure how happy this will make
those customers that seem to never be happy but I am sure it could help with
a decent percent of them so they don't get mad at you or choose not to come
back. Can't please all the people all the time right?

John K (johnnyk@yahoo.com)

"Scott Santorio" wrote:

> [...]
> > field
> > because this is a unique number assigned to a person and would be more
> > difficult to change. Then I input the DL number into the account field in
> > RMS
> > SO so that if they return to our store with a new bank account number they
> > are caught because of their DL number. If this makes no sense please email
> > me
> > and I can explain in better detail.
> >
> > John K. (johnnyk@yahoo.com)
> >

> > "Scott Santorio" wrote:
> >
> >> When customers pay by check RMS asks for specific information such as
> >> drivers license number, routing number, account number, address and phone
> >> number.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have a report and or a way to extract this info from the
> >> database for cases when the check is returned for NSF?

0
johnk (51)

Getting data from Exchange
Hi all. I have some problems getting the data I want out of exchange. I need to extract data that shows me how much data each mailbox is occupying. I would believe taht would be done by a .csv export from exchange admin. I know I can Save window contents when in Exchange admin showing mailbox resources, but is there noe automatic export I can do to achieve the same? Maybe third-party products? ...

Trouble importing Quicken 2004 data
I have used Money for years and am very used to it. I got married this year and my new wife is used to using Quicken so I have all this year's data in Quicken 2004. I thought I would see if I could transfer data back into Money, as there are various aspects of Quicken that I don't like - having got used to Money's way of doing it and which I prefer. I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe and when I import data, I get all the accounts imported, but the entries are empty. Has anyone any suggestions as to what I am either doing wrong or I can do to correct this ...

Replace/modify standard data form?
Hi, I want to replace the standard data form, which is used to maintain data sets in an excel table, by a user defined form (alternatively I would like to modify the standard form). Does anybody know if/how this is possible? Thanks, Axel Axel, Going to need more information I'm afraid. Can you explain further or send an example? -- Jon Quixley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3985...

how do I enter data from 1 spreadsheet to another many times
I have on one page the basic data in singular line form, To translate this to a more readable form I made another page in the folder into a more readable form of which I can print and use away from the computer. I would like to know how can I use the form to copy the required data without the labor intensive re-entering in each form of a new form for each line in the oringinal data sheet. is there a formula or set of instructions that will do this automatically copying the desired cell onto the new page without all of the work? I hope I have expalined myself claearly since I'm a nov...

Copy Data from SubForm Field to Main Form Field
How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar field in the main form? See www.allenbrowne.com "ridgerunner" wrote: > How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar > field in the main form? Are you referring to the section entitled "Referring to Controls on a Subform"? Will this actually place of copy of the subform field information into the main form report and, therefore, into the underlying main table? "Golfinray" wrote: > See www.allenbrowne.com > > "ridgerunner" wr...

Export data to a closed workbook
Hi, Can someone help me with code that record data in a closed workbook? Tanks Luis ...

Setting Column Width on Imported Data
Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to set the column width of a column I am importing to Excel from Access. I need this column for what I'm doing in the Excel file, but I don't want it so wide, or would even like it hidden. Problem is everytime the data gets updated the column goes back to really wide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lori. ...

coalesce excel data
I developed a data logger for a computer simulation that people interact with. The logged data is stored in a tab deliminated text format. That data can be imported into Excel. I bring in different subjects and have them test the simulation while I log their usage of the simulation. I would like to be able to coalesce the logged data of all the different subjects data into meaningful statistics about the simulation. I can log the data by time or by room the person is in the simulation. The data logged per time slice or per room is health, amount of object 1, amount of object 2, etc. So it woul...

Separating data into new sheet
Hi guys, I have the following data on worksheet "Sheet1" Code Value A 1000 B 200 A 100 C 150 B 300 B 200 C 400 I have worksheet "Sheet2" that I want user to input what CODE they want to IMPORT... Let say A then on "Sheet2" i would get: Code Value A 1000 A 100 It is a combination of sorting, copying and moving the wanted data to the targeted sheet. Is there an excel feature/solution that does this? or a VB code is needed? Thanks in advance ...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

download data from internet, piece by piece
I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while parsing it. I do not want to download all the source html. once I find the piece I am looking for, I want to terminate the process. I am using ::URLOpenBlockingStream, but it download all html file before return. Is there any other function similar to ::URLOpenBlockingStream but can be controled? Thanks, John homecurr@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<2d5d0ce4.0406081012.23eccc31@posting.google.com>... > I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while > parsing it. I do not want to down...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

How to change cell data from all upper to title case
I need to change several columns of data from all upper case to Title Case. What formula should I use & How can I apply the formula to the data in each cell? Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case, and can be copied from cell to cell to apply the formula to your data. Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case and you can copy it to a range of cells to apply it to your data. You have other answers showing the use of the PROPER Function to act upon one cell at a time. If you want to change many cells at once you will need a mac...

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Custom Filter that Displays All But in Ascending or Decending Orde
I have a worksheet that is password protected. The creator of the sheet would like her users to be able to sort the data without unlocking the cells (don't want others to edit the content) which is not possible in Excel. I have tried recroding a macro to unprotect the sheet, perform a SORT and the reprotect the sheet -- but the users are still prompted to enter a password to unprotect the sheet. The creator has also added an Auto Filter to the sheet which works while protected. Is there a way to create a custom AutoFilter that will display all entries in alphabetical order? -- s...

Help Sorting Data
I have the following columns of information and need to setup a formula that will give me the total by location, by dept, then by g/l account. DEPT G/L Account Bakersfield Fleet 42101 $10.00 Fleet 42101 $125.00 S & D 42101 $35.00 MEM 42199 $10.00 Fleet 23099 $1,000.00 I will then point to the cell containing the final cost number. Example: Bakersfield, Department Fleet, G/L Account 42101 $1,145 Look at the Subtotal function, or a Pivot Table. Regards, Fred "dh1069"...

Data Migration Framework Installation Problems 02-08-05
Hello When attempting to install the Data Migration Framework to our dev server I am able to run through the enitre wizard using the defaults. The program thenstarts the Loading Data Migration Framework page which runs for aprox thirty seconds then takes me to the final screen with the following: "The wizard was interupted before the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework could be completely installed. your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again." if I do run setup again I get the same scenario. I am running the set up...

Check Styles
I currently use a check style that I cannot customize Money to print on neatly. Is there any way to customize the check styles Money prints to move the fields around to where I can use them? Not that any of us know about. "XianProf" <XianProf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000B1406-4159-4891-92AA-CD2AB56D84EB@microsoft.com... > I currently use a check style that I cannot customize Money to print on > neatly. Is there any way to customize the check styles Money prints to move > the fields around to where I can use them? ...

Cannot Publish Custom Form
I'm trying to Publish a Custom Form to my Personal Forms Library and I get the following error: Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Someone please help me with this. I was at the end of my project. I'm on Outlook 2003. Thanks. ...

Charts different data sources
Hi, My problem. I have a workbook with more than 50 worksheets. All the worksheet have the same structure and each I would like to embed 3 different chart, one for income, other for cost and another for Ebitda. I would like to make a template for each chart and copy for the others worksheet. Questions: 1 - How can I make this dynamic as I would like to choose hom many months I would like to show in each chart? 2 - How I keep the reference for the data source in each worksheet? I tried to use the functions offset, 3d range and others functions but I could�t make them work. Can somebo...

How can I import "Packed" mainframe data into Excel?
I've copied a file from an IBM Mainframe computer to my PC and need to do some analysis in Excel. Some of the fields in the file are "packed" - for example, the format of one field is " P(9.2). On the mainframe, that takes up six bytes, so $5.90 is stored as "00000000059F" (the last bit is the sign). This is NOT "hex" but an old convention that breaks each byte (EBCDIC 8-bit) into two, 4-bit parts and stores one decimal value in each part. Suggestions about how I can get this format into Excel without having to re-format the data in a mainframe ...

Data conversion on import
I'm importing data from an Excel spreadsheet and Access *refuses* to import a column that has a model number that is sometimes text and sometimes a number. In excel, I've done a 'format cells' and defined all as text, to no avail. Access won't treat the numbers as text. Ironically, it imports the text ones just fine. I suppose I could prefix all the model numbers with 'XX' or something, but that seems pretty cheesy. WHAT am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated! -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgV2hpdHRsZQ==...

Class to Class data transfer
I have a class A, which is a dialog having a CEdit box with CString variable "m_Edit". I have another class B having a CString variable "str" declared in it. Now i want to make a call like this, CString str = m_Edit; This is to be done inside class B. How can i get the Edit box value in class A to class B, CString "str". I tried a few things but couldn't make it work properly. Can anyone got any suggestions. Thanks in advance Create a function like CString ClassA::GetStringValue () { return m_edit; } str = ClassA_object.GetStringValue(); donguy76@...

Customer loyalty program
I would like to start a customer loyalty program where the customer earns points for dollar amounts spent in store. How do i do this in RMS? I can't seem to figure it out. Please help. -- Blue Valentine Fashions for All of Your Nightly Affairs The link below you may interest in. https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/documentation/installationsetupguides/Customization_Kits_for_Vertical_Markets.htm "BlueValentine" <BlueValentine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0389C3DF-E982-4EEB-A1D8-63E460948E3C@microsoft.com... >I would like to st...