Custom Report #4

We use additional fields in the customer profile for tracking video rental.
How can we run a repor that shows typical customer fields along with the
additional fields that are available under the additional tab.

thx.
0
moi1871 (46)
7/6/2006 7:44:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_02C1_01C6A0FE.9CC6F620

MOI,

The standard Customer List has them as Hidden columns.  After generating =
your report, right click on the body | Show/Hide Columns | select the =
ones you want to display

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  We use additional fields in the customer profile for tracking video =
rental.=20
  How can we run a repor that shows typical customer fields along with =
the=20
  additional fields that are available under the additional tab.

  thx.
------=_NextPart_000_02C1_01C6A0FE.9CC6F620

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>MOI,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>The standard Customer List has them =
as&nbsp;Hidden=20
columns.&nbsp; After generating your report, right click on the body | =
Show/Hide=20
Columns | select the ones you want to display</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"MOI" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:MOI@discussions.microsoft.com">MOI@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3CF12CB8-952B-4A9C-8BC8-130EFB69821C@microsoft.com">news:3CF=
12CB8-952B-4A9C-8BC8-130EFB69821C@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>We=20
  use additional fields in the customer profile for tracking video =
rental.=20
  <BR>How can we run a repor that shows typical customer fields along =
with the=20
  <BR>additional fields that are available under the additional=20
tab.<BR><BR>thx.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02C1_01C6A0FE.9CC6F620--

0
spam3944 (2163)
7/6/2006 8:18:03 PM
Cool, Thx for the tip.

"Jeff" wrote:

> MOI,
>
> The standard Customer List has them as Hidden columns.  After generating your report, right click on the body | Show/Hide Columns | select the ones you want to display
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CF12CB8-952B-4A9C-8BC8-130EFB69821C@microsoft.com...
>   We use additional fields in the customer profile for tracking video rental.
>   How can we run a repor that shows typical customer fields along with the
>   additional fields that are available under the additional tab.
>
>   thx
0
moi1871 (46)

Table in custom form
Hi, Is there anyway to place a table in a form? Thanks for the help in advance, dan Yes, but the details depend on ... the details of what you have in mind, = whether you want a table in the item body or something table-like on the = form surface.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down = the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outloo...

Archive.pst #4
I set Autoarchive to run at work with Outlook 2002 on an Exchange Server. I Synchronize at work and at home (Outlook 2003) via my iPAQ 4150. After Autoarchive runs at work, quite a lot of data is deleted from my Pocket PC and at home when I sync there. So, I copy my archive.pst at work to my home computer. When I open archive.pst at home on OL2003, all the old mail items are there, but no Calendar or Task folders show at all. When I open the same archive.pst at work, the Calendar & Task folders are present with old archived data. Why won't my OL 2003 at home see the Calendar & Ta...

Query/Report Help for Date Difference
Good Morning. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the number of days between two dates. I have a table callled events. That table has event date, event type, event outcome. I am pretty new to Access and need help. For example a defendant will have an Advisement Date (AA as stored in the table) and say a Preliminary Hearing date (PH). When i enter information I will enter the date, event type and the event outcome will be (PD for Pending, CN for Continued, or CP for completed). For example Case Number 10-12345 will have an AA on 01/05/10 which is Completed and a Pre...

How to raise custom Validation Message in PropertyGrid?
Currently I'm using "PropertyGrid" control for my C# application. My problem is that when I input some "alphabetic" values(e.g. abc) for a property which only accpets “Integer” values, I get the error message below - "Property value is not valid", in the details panel, the information is like this - " 'abc' is not a valid value for Int32". Could I customize this error message?(e.g. showing some user-friendly message instead of "Int32"). ...

Blank pages in reports
When we create a report in Visual Studio, it looks exactly as intended. However, when we upload this report to CRM, something gets tweaked and blank pages appear. So something is getting rendered incorrectly in CRM. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct the problem? Thanks, -Rick M. Verify the width of your pages, you may need to shrink them down a little less than what the ruler shows you. You may also want to consider setting the left and right margins to .2 or .5 rather than 1 inch; I would do this if you have not because its the fastest test. It can be a pain ge...

Modify report to print individual group of records on separate pag
I am new to report writer and I am trying to figure out how to print individual employees records separately. It is an employee training records report where it group all of an employees training classes together. However, unless it fills the page, the next person's records are printed and I'm trying to start each new group on a new page. I don't know where to find the group properties. Please help. Amytdev. I think you need to create an additional footer. The additional footer can have the "Page Break" option set, causing a new page to be started. Below is the p...

System.XML vs MSXML 3/4
I am current in the process of converting an existing ASP application to ASP.NET. The existing application makes extensive use of server side XML transformations as in rslt=myxmlobj.tranform(myxsltdoc). Now I have included the reference to the MSXML 3.0 object into my .NET application and have it working but I am wondering am I better off using the System.XML object that comes naturally with .NET. Is there a performance gain? Is it safer for rollout to an ISP? Is it safer to place a System.xml.xsl.transform object into the application cache versus a MSXML.DOMDocument30. Thanks in advanc...

Folders, My Computer, My Documents, Control Panel won't open on 2 out of 4 users
I just came from my Dad's computer and while downloading/installing some Windows Updates (Net Framework SP 2 patches, etc) the machine ground to a halt so I had to hard reboot. Now folders, Control Panel, My Documents, My Computer, Explorer.exe, etc. won't open and they lock up the machine if I try, then I have to hard reboot again. This affects at least 2 of the 4 Users on the XP Pro machine, I don't know why. I went to File Types in one user & tried to enable .exe but it won't let me click Apply so something isn't working there. I saw a YouTube video wh...

very custom formats
I need help with a custom format If I enter the numbers 123 I want it to display 12-3 in the cell. (i.e simple custom format ##-# But if I also want to be able to enter 123A into the same cell and have it display 12-3A (where A could be any letter A-Z).. What would my custom format need to look like in order to do that Or is there a better approach? Not sure you can do what you want because the alphabetic character means the value is no longer numeric, hence a custom number format won't work Regards Trevor "mrdigithead" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Report Name Customer
Hi We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the service activities per customer in CRM. I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading should be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have attempted to insert a parameter without success. I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this. Many Thanks Mark no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft....

Report Error
I'm running GP 6.0 and one of my reports (Orders with discrepancies) is receiving an error "GPS Error: 58". Any ideas on the error and where to look for resolution? Thanks Jeff... ...

Transfers appear in Reports
Money 2005. I want just a simple list of Transactions By Category, but Transfers appear at the bottom. Is there any way to keep those from showing up? In microsoft.public.money, William wrote: >Money 2005. I want just a simple list of Transactions By Category, but >Transfers appear at the bottom. Is there any way to keep those from showing >up? Customize->Reset, or Customize->Category, and uncheck IncludeTransfers. Thanks Cal, But this Report doesn't offer that check box. I have seen it in other Report formats. Any other ideas? Thanks! "Cal Learner-- MVP&...

Deleting Customer
Running HQ and 2 stores. version 1.2.0185 Trying to ensure that all customers (about 20 in total) are global but somehow one of the stores has a global customer that doesn't show up in HQ. I want to delete this odd customer. Store won't let me remove it because it is a global customer and if I try to run an HQ worksheet to delete global customers then their account number doesn't show up in the list. Suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6A07D.E080C750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Enc...

customer after sale
A client has ask that the program allow for a way to easily assign a customer to a sale after it has been made. (They forgot) Thank you, Brian ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Why doesn't SFO Mail Merge allow Custom Fields?
Can anyone tell me WHY SFO mail merge will NOT allow Custom Fields? You can use Custom Fields for MailMerge! You only have to use our Add-On WordMailMerge for MSCRM 1.2 You can download a TRIAL-Version from www.mscrm-addons.com -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Documents for MSCRM WordMailMerge for MSCRM "Darryl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:350301c51f3e$c31fed10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > Can anyone tell...

Select report to print, Help!
I have syncronized two combo boxes. The first one "ReportCountry" displays the the country for the reports to be shown on the next combo box. The second combo box "ReportName" displays the reports available for that country. I have also added a print preview button to my form, but I cannot get it to display the report that was selected from the second combo box. The code behind the button is: Private Sub PrintPreview_Click() RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.OpenReport Me.ReportName, acViewPreview End Sub What can I do to make the button work? Please help! Two que...

Access 97: InputBox to pass arguments for generating reports
I am a newbie when it comes to VBA and MS-Access. I have created areport for my database using the Report Wizard. Currently the reportprints all the contents in my database in columnar format. I wouldlike to pass some arguments (through an input box) that will allow meto print only selected rows from my database in the report. Forexample, my database has a date field and if I provide beginning andend dates in the InputBox, I would like only rows for which the datefield lies within the specified range to be printed. Can someone tellme how to go about it?BTW, Northwind Traders database, tha...

Is this possible? #4
I have 2 PC's . 1> Is it possible to download email to one PC, then after the other PC receives the same email, delete the email from the server? 2> Is it possible to prevent both PC's from attempting to download email at the same time and thereby avoid the 'collision' error message? Many thanks It's possible but you have to be careful since neither machine knows about the other. You set one machine to not delete mail, download there then download on the other machine that does delete but coordinate the times so you don't miss items in either. I do it a...

Create Custom Tab
I would like to know how can I create a custom tab on Access2007 and How to create custome group on it -- Nat ...

Circular Logging #4
Hi We are a small company with 17 users running an Exchange 2k3 Server. I have had to disable circular logging so that we can have regular (during the day) differencial off-site backups peformed prior to our full backup every evening. I have been told that without circular logging the log files will continue to get larger. What methods, if any, can i use to keep the logs as small as safely possible. Thanks Ben The logs don't get larger - you just get more of them, since the old ones are not overwritten as they are with circular logging. A regular full or incremental backup, ...

#Value! #4
Hello, How do I get rid of this error message from my cell -#Value!. I have a cell C1 which has a number for example 500 and C2 I have XXX in the cell and C3 I used this formula =C1-C2, but I get the #Value! error message. What is funny about this is on one worksheet cell C3 returns the number 500, but on another worksheet I get the error message. Why? and how do get the value? Any tips will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Cheers The problem is that you're attempting to subtract a TEXT value from a numeric value. What do you want to happen when C2 contains a TEXT entr...

How do I print 4 different postcards on the same page?
I am trying to print a mail merged document of postcards. I only need one copy of each post card. The only options I can find are to either print four of the same postcard or one per page. I would like to print four different post cards on one page. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this. You're doing a mail merge for four postcards? "EMCL" <EMCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:BA4A5215-CA5F-4144-941C-295770B06219@microsoft.com... > I am trying to print a mail merged document of postcards. I only need = one=20 > copy of each post car...

Custom comment?
I know there is no easy solution but I would appreciate any help you can give me. Problem: A comments default pop-up postion cannot be overridden. (If using show comment a position can be specified for each individual comment so position is a property of comment) I'm well out of my depth but- Is there a way to extend/customise the comment object maybe using a custom class... or api call or.........some how trapping/hooking the comment's pop-up event. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA Ian Ian: If you look at the object browser for the Comment or Comments obj...

Custom Report Grouping
I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use 4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:18:09 -0800, CARRIE <CARRIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but >the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use >4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? I'd suggest se...

Exchange 2003 System Manager #4
Hi, Is it possible to install Exchange 2003 System manager on a Windows 2003 Server to manage an Exchange 2000 server? Thanks, JB Yes, you can manage Exchange 2000 Servers from Exchange 2003 ESM. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8B1AAE8-9BE3-4DBD-A8A1-081D5A651BDE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to install Exchange 2003 System manager on a Windows 2003 > Server to manage an Exchange 2000 server? > > Thanks, > > JB ...