Custom Receipt problem - Page 2 not like Page 1

I have modified the Full Page Invoice from CustomerSource.  My receipt is a
half-page (5.5 x 8.5) format.  I have also added the following to the bottom
of 'Bill To & Ship To' part of the header area:

<IF>
	<CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
	<THEN>
		<ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW>
	</THEN>
</IF>
<IF>
	<CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
	<THEN>
		<ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW>
	</THEN>
</IF>
<IF>
	<CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
	<THEN>
		<ROW>"Due Date:|" Transaction.orderDueDate </ROW>
	</THEN>
</IF>

In effect, if the transaction is a Work Order (or an Invoice created from a
WO) I get the Order Reference, Order Comment and Order Due Date printed just
above the line item header row (the gray/yellow bar with the colmun headings
in it).

For example:
Reference: SO
Comment: Special Order
Due Date: 7/19/06

Now for the weird part...

On page two (or any page other than the first) I get a blank row between the
rows.  Like this:
Reference: SO

Comment: Special Order

Due Date: 7/19/06

This is not good.  The Due Date ends up in the body of the receipt, often
directly overprinted on some line item's Qty and ILC.

I could attach a .pdf if it would help.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might offer,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

------=_NextPart_0001_8A5E32A4

Good afternoon Tom,

Thank you for posting your question about modifying a receipt.

Since the If/Then statement is the same for all 3 statements have you tried
something similar to the following:

 <IF>
	<CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
	<THEN>
		<ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW>
		<ROW>"Due Date:|" Transaction.orderDueDate </ROW>
                        <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW>
	</THEN>
</IF>

You may also want to:

1. Try formatting it similar to other data that may or not be included such
as:

   <IF>
         <CONDITION>Len(Transaction.Comment)</CONDITION>
         <THEN>
            <ROW> </ROW>
         </THEN>
      </IF>

2.   See if the same issue occurs when trying this with an unmodified
receipt format to determine if it something to do with the .xml file you
created.

Please let me know if this answers your question; and if not you may need
to contact Technical Support to open a support request:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspx or by calling MBS support
at: 1-888-400-4266.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
�
We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?VGVycmlibGUgVG9t?= <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com>
Subject: Custom Receipt problem - Page 2 not like Page 1
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:12:02 -0700

[...]

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Good afternoon Tom,
\par
\par Thank you for posting your question about modifying a receipt.
\par
\par Since the If/Then statement is the same for all 3 statements have you tried something similar to the following:
\par
\par  <IF>
\par \tab <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
\par \tab <THEN>
\par \tab\tab <ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW>
\par \tab\tab <ROW>"Due Date:|" Transaction.orderDueDate </ROW>
\par                         <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW>
\par \tab </THEN>
\par </IF>
\par
\par
\par You may also want to:
\par
\par 1. Try formatting it similar to other data that may or not be included such as:
\par
\par    <IF>
\par          <CONDITION>Len(Transaction.Comment)</CONDITION>
\par          <THEN>
\par             <ROW> </ROW>
\par          </THEN>
\par       </IF>
\par
\par 2.   See if the same issue occurs when trying this with an unmodified receipt format to determine if it something to do with the .xml file you created.
\par
\par
\par
\par Please let me know if this answers your question; and if not you may need to contact Technical Support to open a support request:  https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspx or by calling MBS support at: 1-888-400-4266.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par \~
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par      from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par      from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?VGVycmlibGUgVG9t?= <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com>
\par Subject: Custom Receipt problem - Page 2 not like Page 1
\par Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:12:02 -0700
\par
\par I have modified the Full Page Invoice from CustomerSource.  My receipt is a
\par half-page (5.5 x 8.5) format.  I have also added the following to the bottom
\par of 'Bill To & Ship To' part of the header area:
\par
\par <IF>
\par \tab <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
\par \tab <THEN>
\par \tab\tab <ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW>
\par \tab </THEN>
\par </IF>
\par <IF>
\par \tab <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
\par \tab <THEN>
\par \tab\tab <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW>
\par \tab </THEN>
\par </IF>
\par <IF>
\par \tab <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
\par \tab <THEN>
\par \tab\tab <ROW>"Due Date:|" Transaction.orderDueDate </ROW>
\par \tab </THEN>
\par </IF>
\par
\par In effect, if the transaction is a Work Order (or an Invoice created from a
\par WO) I get the Order Reference, Order Comment and Order Due Date printed just
\par above the line item header row (the gray/yellow bar with the colmun headings
\par in it).
\par
\par For example:
\par Reference: SO
\par Comment: Special Order
\par Due Date: 7/19/06
\par
\par Now for the weird part...
\par
\par On page two (or any page other than the first) I get a blank row between the
\par rows.  Like this:
\par Reference: SO
\par
\par Comment: Special Order
\par
\par Due Date: 7/19/06
\par
\par This is not good.  The Due Date ends up in the body of the receipt, often
\par directly overprinted on some line item's Qty and ILC.
\par
\par I could attach a .pdf if it would help.
\par
\par Thanks in advance for any advice you might offer,
\par Tom
\par --
\par The worst words in business:
\par "We''ve always done it that way"
\par --
\par Stop Fishing for eMail.
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_8A5E32A4--

0
tberger (219)
7/21/2006 9:10:14 PM
Mr. Berger,

I have successfully resolved my issue, and your advice was definitely
helpful.  I appreciate it.  More comments below...

"Todd Berger [MSFT]" wrote:

> Good afternoon Tom,
>
> Thank you for posting your question about modifying a receipt.
>
> Since the If/Then statement is the same for all 3 statements have you tried
> something similar to the following:
>
>  <IF>
> 	<CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION>
> 	<THEN>
> 		<ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW>
> 		<ROW>"Due Date:|" Transaction.orderDueDate </ROW>
>                         <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW>
> 	</THEN>
> </IF>

This didn't solve the problem, but is definitely cleaner code.

> You may also want to:
>
> 1. Try formatting it similar to other data that may or not be included such
> as:
>
>    <IF>
>          <CONDITION>Len(Transaction.Comment)</CONDITION>
>          <THEN>
>             <ROW> </ROW>
>          </THEN>
>       </IF>

This is the code from the CustomerSource Modified Receipt 'Full Page
Invoice'.  Interestingly, the CustomerSource receipt uses three identical IF
statements.  I ended up modifying this receipt file (like I did the first
time I created a half-page invoice) and leaving the three IF statements alone.

> 2.   See if the same issue occurs when trying this with an unmodified
> receipt format to determine if it something to do with the .xml file you
> created.

As stated above, I started fresh with the CustomerSource Full Page Invoice
and re-modified it for my 5.5x8.5 format.  I haven't taken the time to
contemplate the differences between Mod1 and Mod2 but the new version doesn't
have the same problems as the old.

This suggestion - even though the advice was basically 'try again' - was the
one that actually resulted in a fix.  If I find myself in a similar situation
in the future, perhaps I'll try again before I ask for help.

> [...]
> just
> above the line item header row (the gray/yellow bar with the colmun
> headings
> in it).
>
> For example:
> Reference: SO
> Comment: Special Order
> Due Date: 7/19/06
>
> Now for the weird part...
>
> On page two (or any page other than the first) I get a blank row between
> the
> rows.  Like this:
> Reference: SO
>
> Comment: Special Order
>
> Due Date: 7/19/06
>
> This is not good.  The Due Date ends up in the body of the receipt, often
> directly overprinted on some line item's Qty and ILC.
>
> I could attach a .pdf if it would help.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice you might offer,
0
tomg2938 (389)

Linking files 2 ways

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

Excel button problem

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

WCF Client serialization problem

More Columns #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

message delivery problems

Goal Seek #2

Having problem with spoofing email

Problem with Range

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

outlook 97 and express email problems

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

sys menu problem in MDI
I have an MDI with 3 childwnd. Whenever group of views from chiuldwnd type X is shown the childwnd Y views and childwnd Z views are hidden via ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when changing the activate frame. it works. But when I press the minimize box on the ChildWnd sys menu, i C all the views no matter what type are them. I want that when I press the system menu the other views types will still be hidden and the views of the vurrent type will be shown as minimize, how di I do it ? 10x. J. ...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

XSL Problem