Custom Labels #2

I'm trying to make a custom label.  I'm trying to make the barcode
show information from SubDescription1 instead of itemlookupcode.  That
works great except there is no * for the start and end codes.  Is
there a way to add custom text and concatenate it to the value?
Something like "*" . "SubDescription1" . "*" or "*" &&
"SubDescription1".  (I tried both of those and neither work.)  I know
I can import into a bunch of other programs and build the labels
myself but I'd much rather keep it all in the program.

Thanks.

Begin FIELD Object0
Value = "SubDescription1"
CurrencyCode = ""
Left = -50
Top = 100
Width = 3600
Height = 300
Align = CENTER
FontName = "Arial"
FontSize = 8
FontBold = -1
FontUnderline = 0
FontItalic = 0
FontStrikethru = 0
FontTransparent = 0
FontColor = 0
End Object0
0
tfittsy (2)
2/9/2008 1:13:19 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

routing issue #2
we have two routers, one is attached to an ISA server which is used mainly for the internet one is attached to the exchange server which is used solely for email the exchange server is sending mail throo the ISA router server - how can i make it use the exchange router ? - the IP of the ISA router is showing in the email headers mark Hi, I presume the default gateway of the Exchange server is the ISA router? Therefore it will always route through it. This is all theory, as I haven't got the time to test it at the moment: Add another IP to your Exchange server, which DFG is the r...

setting the status programmatically on a custom entity
Hello, I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis code is ran in a pre-update plugin. SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest(); request.Entity = new Moniker(); request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent"; request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID; request.State = "Inactive"; request.Status = 5; service.Execute(request); The problem is that I receive the following error: "State Code...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #2
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

Barcode reader & labels for Fixed Assets
Does anyone know any barcode scanner and label printer solutions that integrate with the Great Plains fixed asset module? ...

Over Lapping Bubbles and Labels
Can anyone advise the best way of avoiding over lapping bubbles on bubble chart ? I have a similar issue with the labels overlappinmg eachothe -- Fulla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fullam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3336 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53299 Hi, To avoid overlapping you will need to change the x and or y value of the point. Add an offset value to either dimension to re-locate it. The problem with that is that the point no longer truly repres...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

comapring 2 seperate workbook
HELP!!! Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks. for example, would be looking for a match (of values) from single columb o workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'. When eve there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne workbook?(automatically). Or if there is any other tricks, please le me know. (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match I am cutting and pasting to new workbook) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Ex...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

arrow keys #2
To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on each cell to get there. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you use the arrow key? Check if your scroll lock is on or if you have something under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shirley Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079201c3af8e$fa3acc00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter > keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on > eac...

Chart labels disappear
After adding 34 data series to an x-y chart I save the file. After closing and opening the file most data labels no longer appeared. If I went to each data series and altered what the labels contain (say added X value) then the labels appeared again. Is there a way to refresh the entire chart? ...

any one have a clue how to sync 2 copies of outlook
laptop and desktop I want to sync up the outlook on both. any clues/? hints? thanks Hi Paul, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

Custom Format #9
Hi, Done a bit of Googling but no luck so far... What I need to do is create a Custom cell format for the following: xxx##-######## Where the x's are any letter and the #'s are numbers. For example, if the user inputs: SHA11-1234 The Cell will automatically be formatted as: SHA11-00001234 Can this be done? Cheers, Nick Not by using number format. (Number format works with numbers--not text.) But maybe you could use a helper cell to translate it: =IF(A1="","", Upper(LEFT(A1,6))&RIGHT(REPT("0",8)&MID(A1,SEARCH("-",A1)+1,2...

Joining Win 7 to SBS 2003
I've joined a windows 7 professional 64 bit client to an SBS 2003 Premium server...it joined fine, as far as can be seen, except for 2 issues: - The User Account Control window pops up on each login showing, "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" and the program is, "Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Service Pack 1" I've tried clicking "YES" several times and each reboot brings up the same question. - Offline files doesn't seem to be setup. I've had this issue before when joining computers...

Email templates NEED to allow customized entity fields
How can CRM not allow for customized fields from customized entities to be placed into email templates. If ACT can figure out how to do it, CRM should have it also. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

Oulook & 2 exchanges (!)
Quick question I hope We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to set up outlook so that it read mail from both domains? Use two profiles. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Stormy asked: | Quick question I hope | We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn | connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to s...

Problem with custom line chart, lines with two axes
I created a custom line chart with lines on 2 axes. It was supposed to show date by months in the x axis, number of records in the first y axis, and percentage of records in the second y axis. It does show the x and y axes correctly. I selected month, and then the three adjacent columns of data to plot in three separate lines on this plot; number of acceptable records, % of acceptable records to total, and % of acceptable records to valid. My legend shows number of acceptable records, % of acceptable records to total, and % of acceptable records to valid. The chart graphed all acc...

Custom filling of cells
Hi, I am filling cells with the formula HBL0052-77 and am wanting to fill the series down, but only change the number immediately after HBL, not the last number ie/ so the next numbers in the series would be HBL0053-77, HBL0054-77. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help! Assuming you have HBL0052-77 in A1, put this formula in A2: =3DLEFT(A1,3)&TEXT(MID(A1,4,4)+1,"0000")&RIGHT(A1,3) then copy down as required. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 5, 1:20=A0am, rach94 <rac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am fil...

CRM 1.2 Report Pack (Cannot attach sample database)
Hi, I have been trying to attach SRS sample database into SQL server but cannot succeed. The error message I have is: "The name you've specified is duplicate with another database which already exists. Please specify a different database name." For the "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM.mdf" file, I assume I can attach it no problem, because there is a check mark next to Current File(s) location field. However, I got the red cross mark for the "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM_log.LDF" file. If I keep hitting ok button to attach it, I will get t...

Flags and reminders #2
Good morning! First post - hope someone has the answer. I recieve reminders about my e-bills. I have set them to flag an remind me on a date selected - at a specific time. Is there a way to set a visual reminder for this, and is there a way t make it repeat. I don't really expect a yes answer - guess I have bee spoiled by my old Daytimer program. Thanks, Andrew in AL - Neo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What do you mean by visual reminder? Any remin...

Validation list question #2
I have created 2 validation lists in two different cells - D & E. Cell D contains the values 10A, 10B, and 10C. In cell E, the values are 1234, 1235, 1236. The cells are related in a sense that the first value in cell D goes with the first value in cell E, and so forth. My question is: when I select any of the values in D, how do I get the value to automatically input in E? Thanks in advance, Newtechie Hi newtechie assuming that you have your validations list in a separate range (lets say on a separate sheet called 'val_list') and they are ordered like the following A ...

Problem w/custom Macro Buttons on move to Laptop
In Excel 2000 on my WinXP Pro computer I had custom macro buttons that when clicked executed the VBA code in my personal.xls file. The excel.xlb was located in c:\Documents and Setting\comp1\Application Data\Excel and the personal.xls file was located in "c:\Documents and Setting\comp1\Application Data\Excel\Xlstart". On my new laptop with Win XP Home I reinstalled Excel 2000 and put the excel.xlb file in c:\Documents and Setting\Laptop\Application Data\Excel and put the personnal.xls file into c:\Documents and Setting\Laptop\Application Data\Excel\Xlstart On the laptop when I bri...

Installing Report Manager 1.2
I can't install the report manager on my server, every time I go to load it stops immediately after i hit next to install the program and say it stopped pre maturely. i have tried gettting everyone out of the CRM, I have stopped IIS, im am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Hi try rebooting. Is your CRM web server using a different port number? Maybe that matters. Try restarting all the crystal services in crystal configuration manager too. Good luck. "Danb" <Danb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EA8B79-51D4-4B53-A5...