Crystal Reports 10

I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like to be
able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in
Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within Crystal,
however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first
screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the
error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."

Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?  Am I
missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RMS works with Crystal 8.5.

Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When you
buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access to
Customer Source and the knowledge base.

Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can get
the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid Crystal...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...
>I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like to
>be
> able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in
> Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within Crystal,
> however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first
> screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get
> the
> error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."
>
> Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?  Am
> missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.

0
glenn1806 (721)
2/10/2005 2:40:22 PM
Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
thinking.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
>
> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When you
> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access to
> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
>
> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can get
> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid Crystal...
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...
> >I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like to
> >be
> > able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in
> > Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within Crystal,
> > however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first
> > screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get
> > the
> > error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."
> >
> > Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?  Am
> > missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.

You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the "Formula"
setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this in
the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the Detailed
Sales Report:

Begin Column
   FieldName = "Total"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   Title = "Total Sales"
   VBDataType = vbCurrency
   Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
   ColHidden = False
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1275
   GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
   ColFormat = ""
End Column

--

message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
> calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
> thinking.
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
>>
>> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When
>> you
>> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access
>> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
>>
>> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can
>> get
>> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid
>> Crystal...
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...
>> >I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase.  We would like
>> >be
>> > able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them
>> > in
>> > Crystal Reports 10.  I have no issue running the reports within
>> > Crystal,
>> > however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the
>> > first
>> > screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get
>> > the
>> > error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object."
>> >
>> > Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9?  Does it even work with 9?
>> > Am
>> > missing something?  Any advice would be appreciated.

0
glenn1806 (721)
2/10/2005 7:04:07 PM
Glenn,

I'm just getting back to this.  This is a great help, thank you.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the "Formula"
> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this in
> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the Detailed
> Sales Report:
>
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "Total"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Total Sales"
>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1275
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>    ColFormat = ""
> End Column
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
> > thinking.
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> >> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
> >>
> >> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When
> >> you
> >> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access
> >> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
> >>
> >> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can
> >> get
> >> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid
> >> Crystal...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >>

> >> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...

Your really going to like the reports Holly!  Just buy it....
mt

"Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4A588FED-CEAA-43D3-AB1B-7596482B75F2@microsoft.com...
> Glenn,
>
> I'm just getting back to this.  This is a great help, thank you.
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the
>> "Formula"
>> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this
>> in
>> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the
>> Detailed
>> Sales Report:
>>
>> Begin Column
>>    FieldName = "Total"
>>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>>    Title = "Total Sales"
>>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>>    ColHidden = False
>>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>>    FilterDisabled = False
>>    ColWidth = 1275
>>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>>    ColFormat = ""
>> End Column
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
>> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will
>> > keep
>> > thinking.

0
mastaT (109)
2/16/2005 5:21:09 AM
Glenn:
Your post made me really curious.  "Column Definition in an Active Report"
Are we talking RMS?  Where are you finding this "formula" setting?  I can't
find what you are talking about, and would like to explore these options...

Peter Johnson
TMS
peter@tmssupply.com

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the "Formula"
> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this in
> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the Detailed
> Sales Report:
>
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "Total"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Total Sales"
>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1275
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>    ColFormat = ""
> End Column
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will keep
> > thinking.
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> >> RMS works with Crystal 8.5.
> >>
> >> Even with 8.5 there are usually some issues with the .def files.  When
> >> you
> >> buy RMS, make sure you get the service plan - that will give you access
> >> Customer Source and the knowledge base.
> >>
> >> Sorry I can't give you any specifics on Crystal, we've found that we can
> >> get
> >> the reports we need out of the Active Reports system so I avoid
> >> Crystal...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >>

> >> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:E4BF5254-262E-40C7-A262-98087599E775@microsoft.com...

In the ...\Store Operations\Reports directory, you will find .qrp files.
These files are the definitions for the reports available from the
ReportsMenu in Store Ops Manager - these are "Active Reports".  They are
text files, so you can open and edit them in Notepad, or any other text
editor.  If you know SQL, the report definitions are pretty easy to figure
out.  The last part of the file will contain Column definitions, and the
column definitions each have a value called Formula - in most cases this is
an empty string, as the column is just supposed to return a single coulumn
value from a table, but you can also calculate a value.  The "Total" column
in the Detailed Sales report is calculated from the Price and Quantity
fields of the TransactionEntry table for instance.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Peter Johnson" <PeterJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Glenn:
> Your post made me really curious.  "Column Definition in an Active Report"
> Are we talking RMS?  Where are you finding this "formula" setting?  I
> can't
> find what you are talking about, and would like to explore these
> options...
>
> Peter Johnson
> TMS
> peter@tmssupply.com
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> You can do calculated fields in an Active Report - that's what the
>> "Formula"
>> setting in the Column Definition is for - there are many example of this
>> in
>> the reports installed by default - here's an example taken form the
>> Detailed
>> Sales Report:
>>
>> Begin Column
>>    FieldName = "Total"
>>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>>    Title = "Total Sales"
>>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>>    ColHidden = False
>>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>>    FilterDisabled = False
>>    ColWidth = 1275
>>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>>    ColFormat = ""
>> End Column
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Christmas Holly" <ChristmasHolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7C1A1CFA-40AE-4A5F-A9F8-A17EB9BC57AC@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks for the info.  My biggest issue is that we need to report on a
>> > calculated field and I have not found another way to do that.  I will
>> > keep
>> > thinking.

0
glenn1806 (721)
7/11/2005 4:45:09 PM
Hey Glenn,

Do you have any toruble with overall GP% on reports?

I seem to be having some calcualtion issues for Profit (Ex Tax) GP% in
active reports.

Just hoping soemone else has this problem.

Ivan Brebner

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in
message news:eVwvjfjhFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>>> Sales Report:
>>>
>>> Begin Column
>>>    FieldName = "Total"
>>>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>>>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>>>    Title = "Total Sales"
>>>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>>>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
>>>    ColHidden = False
>>>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>>>    FilterDisabled = False
>>>    ColWidth = 1275
>>>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>>>    ColFormat = ""
>>> End Column
>>>
>>> --
>>> Glenn Adams
>>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>>> newsgroup so that all can share the information

ibrebner (120)
7/13/2005 12:04:38 PM
Ivan,

Overall GP% does not calculate correctly as you have found. It is a
limitation in Active Reports. You could use Crystal Reports to it however.
There are 2 reports in the library that calculate a summary GP% for
Department and Category, you can use the same logic to create a report that
will calculate a summary for Supplier as well. As I write this I just
thought of something, you could probably use the same logic to create a
summary GP% report for Matrix Items as well. I am going to look at that.

Rob

"Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hey Glenn,
>
> Do you have any toruble with overall GP% on reports?
>
> I seem to be having some calcualtion issues for Profit (Ex Tax) GP% in
> active reports.
>

> Just hoping soemone else has this problem.
>
> Ivan Brebner
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in
> message news:eVwvjfjhFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> In the ...\Store Operations\Reports directory, you will find .qrp files.
>> These files are the definitions for the reports available from the
>> ReportsMenu in Store Ops Manager - these are "Active Reports".  They are
>> text files, so you can open and edit them in Notepad, or any other text
>> editor.  If you know SQL, the report definitions are pretty easy to
>> figure out.  The last part of the file will contain Column definitions,
>> and the column definitions each have a value called Formula - in most
>> cases this is an empty string, as the column is just supposed to return a
>> single coulumn value from a table, but you can also calculate a value.
>> The "Total" column in the Detailed Sales report is calculated from the
>> Price and Quantity fields of the TransactionEntry table for instance.
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "Peter Johnson" <PeterJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Glenn:
>>> Your post made me really curious.  "Column Definition in an Active
>>> Report"
>>> Are we talking RMS?  Where are you finding this "formula" setting?  I
>>> can't
>>> find what you are talking about, and would like to explore these
>>> options...
>>>
>>> Peter Johnson
>>> TMS
>>> peter@tmssupply.com

0
rob2655 (6)
7/14/2005 2:23:39 AM
Does anyone have a dictionary or at least some kind of documentation on how
these 'active reports' are coded?  I'd like to make a few changes to a report
that's already out there.  I could eventually fox it out myself, but if
anyone has already done the work, I'd appreciate it.

> [...]

> >>    FieldName = "Total"
> >>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
> >>    DrillDownReportName = ""
> >>    Title = "Total Sales"
> >>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
> >>    Formula = "TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity"
> >>    ColHidden = False
> >>    ColNotDisplayable = False
> >>    FilterDisabled = False
> >>    ColWidth = 1275
> >>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
> >>    ColFormat = ""
> >> End Column
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information

Kevin105 (377)
9/9/2005 4:48:05 PM
Hello

Looking to get the Reg Analy to work like a consolidated Z Report.
I have made changes to the Orignal Report and have been using for 2 years
and have made changes to The time clock report to meet my needs.

Would appreciate any help from someone that understands Crystal Reports 8.5
and RMS to help me out.

Thanks
Ralph

Are you good at writing reports with crystal looking for some help?

Can you look at my def and Department report and tell me what might be wrong
with it.

I have edited the Reg Analy to match the Z Reading a couple of years ago.

I Aslo created a tax report for the different taxes collect with crystal 8.5

Now I want to create a department sales report.

I need one report that summarizes all the batches closed on the same day.
The Reg Analy is great if it had all the same data as the Z Readings for all
the POS (DateClosed)

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Outlook 2010 beta 01-27-10
each time I attempt to move an email from my Inbox to a Personal folder, my Outlook locks up and I have to restart or shut it down completely. How can I fix this? Chris wrote: > each time I attempt to move an email from my Inbox to a Personal folder, my > Outlook locks up and I have to restart or shut it down completely. > How can I fix this? This newsgroup discusses the released versions. Microsoft Office 2010 forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 ...

Corrupt Reports Dictionary
After an upgrade to GP 10 SP3 from GP 9 no service pack when I would run the GL TB report I would get an error indicating the reports dictionary was corrupt. First I tried exporting the reports into one package file and then reimport them all. After this there error remained. I then tried exporting the reports out individually and importing them individually and running the report that had the problem. Well after importing all 66 reports the error was not there. So my question is what would be the difference between importing all the reports at once versus one at a time that would have ...

Service PAck 1 for GP 10
Has anyone tried to install SP1 yet? We are looking at upgrading to 10 but needed to wait until SP1 came out and I was wonderign if anyone has encountered any issues witht the SP. Thanks for the responses. Fliehigh On Nov 21, 5:08 pm, Fliehigh <Flieh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone tried to install SP1 yet? We are looking at upgrading to 10 but > needed to wait until SP1 came out and I was wonderign if anyone has > encountered any issues witht the SP. > > Thanks for the responses. > Fliehigh SP1, has been pulled back for now, by Microsoft - becaus...

Charts in Reports 10-10-07
I would like to have a report that just contains a column chart to graphically show the count of the types of complaints and the timeframe . I have built a simple query, with a 'Date of Complaint' and 'Complaint Category' field. The query has a date parameter prompt of 'BeginDate' and 'EndDate'. I have used the Chart Wizard when trying to create a chart, but it doesn't graph anything, the graph shows up blank. Can anyone help me make a simple graph based on my query.I am new to graphs in Access and would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance......

Outlook freeze for about 10 seconds Adding Contact
I have a machine completely updated with XP and Office 2003. Each time I add a entry to my Contact, Outlook freeze for about 10 seconds. On another machine, with the same Outlook account, it does not freeze when adding contact. I don't want to reinstall MS Office 2003. Thanks What are the specifications of your machine? How big us your PST file? Try reducing it in size (archive adn compact) and remove unnecessary background applications that might be using resources. -- Bill R MVP "Thomas" <tshaffer@tds.net> wrote in message news:A66CCC5C-5144-4EBE-975D-81CD...

Using WORD document as report
Hi, I have a registration form that was created with Word. It contains information such as player name and address and contact info, etc etc. I'd like to somehow import this form into Access so I could have a database instead of having to print the Word form for each new player and then entering everything by hand. Am I making sense ? Basically I don't want to have to redo my form, I want to import it into Access to use as both a form to enter new info AND as a report. I also want to print both the completed form as well a a receipt once the info has been entered. Can anyone ...

Reports are not working, error 401 Unauthorized
We installed MSCRM 4.0 in one box. Reporting services are installed in another box. When we try to access reports with an MSCRM user using reporting services url (http://<reportservername>/reportserver) all the reports are working fine. But when we try to open the reports from MSCRM window, I am getting 401 unauthorized error. Find the below error details loged in event log Web service request SetParameters to Report Server http://<reportservername>/Reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Please post your suggestions to close th...

Reporting Services
Hi, I have 3 questions (effectively the same if the answer is no to no1) My client wishes to use the IIS Server as the host of the Report Server website. The database will be held on the SQL Server. 1. They wish to however have users design the reports on the SQL Server - is this possible? and if so what components need to be installed on the IIS BOx and what need to be installed on the SQL Server? 2. I know that once Report Server is installed on the IIS Box you use the configuration wizard to point the database to the SQL Server and am happy with this - but I cannot then figure out ...

Open Report
Using MS Access 2003. I have a filter form that opens a report based on the criteria selected. The user can select 4 different reports. 3 work fine. The other one requires the user to press the process report button twice. On the second press, the report opens fine. I debugged for errors upon opening the report and the degger returns a 0 for err.number after the report is opened. Ideas? Thanks. ...

Account Type Report
I need a Customer List report that will show Account Types. (I want to be able to compare what percentage of our customers have Commerical Accounts versus what percentage are Walk-In accounts.) No report seems to give me this information. Any suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012B_01C6A73F.BC11F6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Lindsey, I have a custom report that tells you if the Customer has an Account = Type selected or not, but not what Account Type they have. Would th...

Problems with document printing in Word Mac 10
We have had a very recent problem which arises only in MS Word. We currently use Mac OSX and keep up to date with software releases. On printing documents from an existing/ old letter/ document which has then been modified, there appears to be very faint text on approximately every 5 to 7th line. When creating a document from new, this does not appear to happen. We have tried highlighting all the text and then selecting "normal" for the text, but this appears to have no effect. The printer heads are cleaned and still this problem occurs. Any clues? ...

Language change 04-26-10
Hi My OS is Windows-7.My hotmail Account is in English.I’ve accidently downloaded the German version of Windows Live Mail by mistake.I corrected my mistake after mail from my hotmail account had been downloaded by uninstalling Windows Mail. Then I reinstalled Windows Live Mail in English. When I opened it I was surprised to see that some words were still in German i.e. Inbox was written Posteingang,Drafts-Gesendete Objecte,Deleted Items-Gelöschte Objecte. Can somebody please show me how to correct this. Many thanks I've found the solution to my problem. Solution:...

Reports Problem
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have any work arounds: If I customize a report to show all transactions for a specific set of categories (deliberately chosen) then choose all types of transactions, I get ALL the transfers that are in the time period whether or not they are in the selected categories or not. I have to do select in come as type, then expense then transfers so I have three reports or I get ALL the transfers in the database that fall in the date range. Any suggestions? thanks, Brian W. In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: >I am wonder...

RMS BUG REPORT & currency calculator question
I have a question about the Currency Calculator and a potential bug report: Can the order of the types of currency in the calculator be changed? They are labeled with letters, which makes me hopeful that they can. POSSIBLE BUG REPORT The Calculator reports $1 for the value of ONE roll of pennies. Now, unless penny rolls are different up in Redmond (home of Microsoft), they are $.50. WHAT GIVES? Can this value be changed by me? PLEASE, CC me on responses to the newsgroup. THANKS! ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs &...

CRM 4.0: Report Wizard - Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'.
How come the following report made by Report Wizard fail ? An error has occurred during report processing. Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'. The column 'accountid' was specified multiple times for 'account0'. The report is designed as follows: New Report, Start a new report, Reportname = "test" Primary record type : Accounts Use saved view: Active Accounts Add a single column = AccountName All the rest is default choices. Changing saved view to My Active Accounts yields the same result. Changing saved view to Accounts: Responded to Campaingns ...

Customer Report 02-16-10
I'm trying to develop a report that will show me certain customers who have purchased more than one of a certain item. The customer's account numbers all start with a unique three letter prefix. Anyway for a purchase history report showing summarized items? Alternately, if I could make a report showing item comments, this would solve it too, because I could add a comment and filter the report for that. But it seems like you can only filter on transaction comments. Any ideas? ...

Weird behaviour of crystal reports
Hello, We have set up CRM quite according to the IG, but experience some weird behavior with crystal reports. Here is our usage scenario and the symptoms (not sure, what is relevant and what isn't): our users use crm mainly via the browser interface while travelling around. Most of their laptops don't belong to the domain where crm and all its components are installed. However the users themselves exist in the AD, but have never logged on to the domain directly. While on the way using the browser the users cannot access the reports and get the error message: "Crystal Rep...

How to Add Ticker Symbol to Investment Report
Hi, Does anyone know how to add the Investment Ticker Symbol to the Investment Reports (say the Portfolio Value by Investment Type report). I use Money 2004. If this isn not possible in Money 2004, is this feature in Money 2005? Thanks. -- Emery Lane In microsoft.public.money, Emery Lane wrote: >Hi, Does anyone know how to add the Investment Ticker Symbol to the >Investment Reports (say the Portfolio Value by Investment Type report). I use >Money 2004. If this isn not possible in Money 2004, is this feature in Money >2005? Thanks. ChangePortfolioView->CustomizeCurrentV...

CRM 1.2 Reporting Tools Hell
Hi We have installed Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on CRM 1.2. We worked fine for a couple of reports but then we received a memory instruction error. We checked many similar problems posted on Google and opther sites and it seems there is no solution As CRM 3.0 will use SQL Reporting Tools we decided to start using this tool with CRM 1.2. We Installed SQL Reporting Services as an alternative, but when the IIS web directory is activated CRM is giving an error. When we stop the SQL Web site CRM works fine This is frustrating ... Please advise -- Microsoft Navision Developer / Consultant Di...

pop up calender 04-28-10
Is there a pop up calender that can be embedded when sharing or emailing worksheets? Thanks You can try the Microsoft Date and Time Picker control. Add the Control Toolbox menu to your toolbars. Select the last button that looks like a hammer and wrench. Select the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control. Add that to your sheet. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Norm" wrote: > Is there a pop up calender that can be embedded when sharing or emailing > worksheets? > Thanks ...

report help!
I hve created a Main form and a Descriptions form (for invoices). In the Descriptions form I have a combo box that has a list of categories that each line item for the invoice goes in. What I need is a report that has all of the Date, Invoice, Description, Vendor.. AND the different Categories going across the top. Under the Categories I need the amount that I have entered for that Category... is this possible? Thanks. Stephen -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 ...

z report and sales tax by area
When we do our Z report, we receive all of the necessary information we would expect although we also receive about 10 feet of sales taxes with zero balances (needed to add all tax codes for the state of Kansas). Is there a way to keep the zero balances from printing so we only receive the necessary sales taxes (and we can save a tree)? Thanks, Dallas. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01F4_01C6FE87.BA730CE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dallas, Manager | Database | Registers | Receipt Fo...

Time Card Report?
How in the world do you run an accurate Time Card Report? Any & All Suggestions Welcome! -- Thank You,; Vince There's a time card report under Utilities/Crystal Reports, but it's not very flexible. There's an Active Report on the Reports Library of Customer Source that usually works better. If you already have those, what are you finding inaccurate? -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that...

Report PO Changes.
Hi, How can I view all changes made to PO? Like inquiry (smartlist) or report... When I send a PO to vendor, several changes occurs. I need to know if there is a way to follow all changes that happens after that moment. For example, if term conditions changes, shippment date change, qty changes, etc... All changes reflected in a report step by step... At this moment, I only have a PO report that show the lastes changes and indicate that, but don´t show a prior situations. Any help? Thanks, -- Evelin. The POP module does not log changes that are made to a P.O. You would have ...

Problem Report on SOP Taxes and Printing Edit List
This is an issue that started since version 7.5 and has been identified as a Problem Report. However, up until now, there are no service packs, nor fixes. To recreate, here are the steps: 1. Create transaction in Sales Trx entry window, make sure taxes are calculated (with tax detail ID from the tax field) 2. Save the transaction in a batch, then print an edit list. 3. The first edit list is okay, print again the same transaction on an edit list, there will be an error already in the report (ie. Taxes are not fully distributed, errors in distribution accounts, etc..) 4. Pull up t...