Credit Card Address verification for mail order???

how do you get address verification from the credit card transaction for mail
order.
EXAMPLE  when some one calls there card number in how do you get address
verification, Zip code match or exact match. our old system ( not the RMS)
would ask you if this is a mail order or phone order  and if it was it would
ask for address and then zip code then it would print on the receipt if it
was a exact match. thanks for the help
0
ALI8258 (57)
7/12/2005 7:00:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RMS does not support address verification.

There are a couple of add-ins that allow this, or if you process the
payments in PCCharge outside of RMS (not using the integration) you can
enter validation info.  Contact your RMS Reseller for more information.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do you get address verification from the credit card transaction for
> mail
> order.
> EXAMPLE  when some one calls there card number in how do you get address
> verification, Zip code match or exact match. our old system ( not the RMS)
> would ask you if this is a mail order or phone order  and if it was it
> would
> ask for address and then zip code then it would print on the receipt if it
> was a exact match. thanks for the help

0
glenn1806 (721)
7/12/2005 1:14:12 PM
Thanks But I did contact our reseller about this problem and they said they
are working on the solution but they did not recommend any plug ins. I know
we can run the credit card manually with our older system, but we are trying
to automate not take more steps to run a simple charge . what we have done is
addeda offline charge to our tender so when we have amail order or phone
order we run the card manually and say it i a offline charge and at end of
the day settele the batch. if you know of any plug ins  iwould like to know
who.
thanks

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> RMS does not support address verification.
>
> There are a couple of add-ins that allow this, or if you process the
> payments in PCCharge outside of RMS (not using the integration) you can
> enter validation info.  Contact your RMS Reseller for more information.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how do you get address verification from the credit card transaction for
> > mail
> > order.
> > EXAMPLE  when some one calls there card number in how do you get address
> > verification, Zip code match or exact match. our old system ( not the RMS)
> > would ask you if this is a mail order or phone order  and if it was it
> > would
> > ask for address and then zip code then it would print on the receipt if it
> > was a exact match. thanks for the help

0
ALI8258 (57)
7/12/2005 3:35:02 PM
This is a major problem for us as well.  Most of our orders are from our
website and our bank is now advising that any sale processed without address
verification will result in an additional 2% of the sale price fee.  We can't
afford that and will be looking for another POS program

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> RMS does not support address verification.
>
> There are a couple of add-ins that allow this, or if you process the
> payments in PCCharge outside of RMS (not using the integration) you can
> enter validation info.  Contact your RMS Reseller for more information.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how do you get address verification from the credit card transaction for
> > mail
> > order.
> > EXAMPLE  when some one calls there card number in how do you get address
> > verification, Zip code match or exact match. our old system ( not the RMS)
> > would ask you if this is a mail order or phone order  and if it was it
> > would
> > ask for address and then zip code then it would print on the receipt if it
> > was a exact match. thanks for the help

Address Verification is extreamly importent to us. Is anyone in Microsoft can
advice, or anyone can provide add on that will work. Thanks.

"Ali" wrote:

> how do you get address verification from the credit card transaction for mail
> order.
> EXAMPLE  when some one calls there card number in how do you get address
> verification, Zip code match or exact match. our old system ( not the RMS)
> would ask you if this is a mail order or phone order  and if it was it would
> ask for address and then zip code then it would print on the receipt if it
> was a exact match. thanks for the help
0
Dover (29)
8/24/2005 3:40:04 PM
Ali,
we having the same issues with address verification. Did you find a
sulotion? how did you worked out this problem?

"Ali" wrote:

> how do you get address verification from the credit card transaction for mail
> order.
> EXAMPLE  when some one calls there card number in how do you get address
> verification, Zip code match or exact match. our old system ( not the RMS)
> would ask you if this is a mail order or phone order  and if it was it would
> ask for address and then zip code then it would print on the receipt if it
> was a exact match. thanks for the help
0
Dover (29)
9/3/2005 1:59:01 PM
Fred,

"Fred Lamothe" wrote:

> This is a major problem for us as well.  Most of our orders are from our
> website and our bank is now advising that any sale processed without address
> verification will result in an additional 2% of the sale price fee.  We can't
> afford that and will be looking for another POS program
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
> > RMS does not support address verification.
> >
> > There are a couple of add-ins that allow this, or if you process the
> > payments in PCCharge outside of RMS (not using the integration) you can
> > enter validation info.  Contact your RMS Reseller for more information.
> >
> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >

> > "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > how do you get address verification from the credit card transaction for
> > > mail
> > > order.
> > > EXAMPLE  when some one calls there card number in how do you get address
> > > verification, Zip code match or exact match. our old system ( not the RMS)
> > > would ask you if this is a mail order or phone order  and if it was it
> > > would
> > > ask for address and then zip code then it would print on the receipt if it
> > > was a exact match. thanks for the help

0
Dover (29)
9/3/2005 2:00:04 PM
Glen, what are the add-ins? Do you have a link for this?
Thanks, Butch

"Dover" <Dover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Fred,
> we having the same issues with address verification. Did you find a
> sulotion? how did you worked out this problem?
>
> "Fred Lamothe" wrote:
>
> > This is a major problem for us as well.  Most of our orders are from our
> > website and our bank is now advising that any sale processed without
address
> > verification will result in an additional 2% of the sale price fee.  We
can't
> > afford that and will be looking for another POS program
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> > > RMS does not support address verification.
> > >
> > > There are a couple of add-ins that allow this, or if you process the
> > > payments in PCCharge outside of RMS (not using the integration) you
can
> > > enter validation info.  Contact your RMS Reseller for more
information.

> > > --
> > > Glenn Adams
> > > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in
the
> > > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> > >

> > > "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Butch4645 (32)

Returned Mail: Remote Protocol Error
Need a little help troubleshooting email that is being returned to AOL users. Here is the message they receive when their email is returned. Thank you in advance. ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to mail.wauwatosa.net.: >>> DATA <<< 500 5.5.0 Syntax error - line too long 554 ... Remote protocol error Final-Recipient: RFC822; username@wauwatosa.net Action: failed Status: 5.5.2 Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.wauwatosa.net Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 500 5.5.0 Syntax error - line too long Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:00:47 -0400 (EDT) Do you ha...

Re-Opening e-mail Activites
When e-mail Activities are created, I occassionaly want to take action on them, so I would like them to be Open Activities; but the default is that they are created as Closed Activities. What would be the easiest way to change the status back to Open? I looked at the e-mail form, and I added the Status field to the e-mail activity form, but then when I opened the form, the field is deactivated (it cannot be changed manually). Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks, Boolean1 Ah Weel, That was about the easiest thing I ever did. Very cool. Just a simple ...

RM Statement on Blank Paper
I am making some changes on the RM Statement on Blank Paper. Currently Statement Name, Address 1, Address 2, and Address 3 all print in uppercase. I created a calculated field City-State-Zip which prints in the appropriate upper/ lower cases. How can I adjust the Statement Name, Address 1, Address 2, and Address 3 to print in the appropriate cases? I tried to adjust the Format Definition but this had no effect. If it is not possble to make those fields print in the appropriate case, how can I make my calculated field print in uppercase? Thanks for your help. in report writer ther...

Mail Merge
How do I get company names that start with "The" to format correctly in a mail merge, as opposed to putting it at the end as ",The" ? ...

Automate Order Invoice Conversion
Is it possible to automate Order to Invoice conversion with GP 10 and Workflow Management? Blue Moon (www.BlueMoonInd.com) has such a package. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "AllenMc" wrote: > Is it possible to automate Order to Invoice conversion with GP 10 and > Workflow Management? Richard, Thank you for the tip. I talked to them and they solve most of what I need. It will automate both conversion and p...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

Unread Mail
Is there a way to 'format' how unread messages are displayed in WLM? In the old MS news readers (I'm thinking OE) the full text of the mail line including subject, sender, etc, was bold for unread messages. In WLM, only the sender of an unread message is bold. Seems a bit odd to me. In the previous Wave 2 version of WLM it was as OE does. The current Wave 3 does as you describe and we have loudly complained to the developers. It is hoped that in the upcoming Wave 4 it will be fixed. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "DAB" <NotLi...

SHOW Customer ADDRESS in Customer FIND WINDOW?
Is there a way to show customer street address in the FIND customer lookup window. Our business is address based, and verifying we are not adding a address that already exists is important. Are there any add on's ? -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP Hi, We have an add on which displays all fields for customer and also allows you to search on these fields. If you register on www.rmsstore.com, you will be able to download the add on, Thanks "DDowningMO" wrote: > Is there a way to show customer street address ...

email address format
I ran into a problem that I cannot find documentation for. I created a distribution list in the format !name@domain.com I realized that Exchange 2003 would not accept internet email to that address when the exclamation mark is the first character in the email address. Can someone confirm that is the case or some weird bug? Thanks. ...

Default to Calendar view when opening Live Mail
I would like to add the Windows Live Calendar to my start up folder and am unable to do this as it is a part of the Live Mail program. Is there a way I can have the Live Mail program set to default open into the Calendar portion rather than the mail portion. Then I could place the mail program in my start up folder. I am using Windows 7 and the Windows Live mail Build 14.0.8089.0726. Thanks, I'm not aware of anyway to do that in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program. A couple of notes: 1) If you are logging into a Live ID when starting WLM so that it synchs your ...

cannot send e-mail too
this is my error message Une erreur inconnue s'est produite. Objet 'Fw: RE:', Compte : 'pop.cgocable.ca', Serveur : 'SMTP.cgocable.ca', Protocole : SMTP, Réponse du serveur : '554 Postmaster Code 1 - Your IP 174.58.192.51 is not authorized to send mail through our server. To contact Cogeco Cable, please visit http://postmaster.cogeco.net Votre adresse IP 174.58.192.51 n'est pas autorisée à envoyer des courriels par notre serveur. Pour contacter Cogeco Cable, veuillez visiter le site suivant : http://postmaster.cogeco.net...

pages of garbage with e-mails
some e-mails gome in with 20 or 30 pages of garbage. the message is inbedded, and can be read, but the rest looks like some kind of programming information. Why does this happen, only on a few e-mails, re rest are fine. "pepper" <pepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C62D5CD-DB3B-4528-B1A0-13CE75E8F9BB@microsoft.com... > some e-mails gome in with 20 or 30 pages of garbage. the message is > inbedded, > and can be read, but the rest looks like some kind of programming > information. Why does this happen, only on a few e-mails, re re...

E-mail sent through CRM with a cryptic identifier
When customers recieve an e-mail via MS CRM there's a cryptic identifier, such as "CRM:{D6011C5C-117D-43B3-843B- 1C14742E9723}:MRC" tag to the end of the subject line. Is there a way to hide this number? This is problematic as it may be blocked by spam blockers and adds a sense of "I am a robot" and not the relathionship based communication we are hoping for. Unfortunately you cannot hide this. This identifier is used to combine the emails send out, with the incoming emails. If this identifier is not there, crm will create a new email activity, but not connec...

Problema de Lentitud con PA Purchase Order Entry.
Cuando ingreso una linea en el detalle de la ventana PA Purchase Order Entry en la version 8.0 de Great Plains, se tarda hasta 10 minutos en pasar a la siguiente linea, ya le instale el ultimo Service pack pero el problema no se ha solucionado. Alguien sabe como solucionarlo?. Gracias. Por favor excse el español quebrado. Puede ser que desees mirar los ajustes de AutoComplete. Si este número se fija demasiado alto, una cantidad grande de datos se debe descargar del servidor al sitio de trabajo cada vez que se abre una pantalla. Ir a Tools->Setup->User Preferences-&...

Investment Verification doesn't list matching security
Hello, I recently installed Money 2007 Deluxe. When I update my statement from my DWS-Scudder account (it doesn't happen with my other account), I get prompted with the investment verification step to either add the new security or match it with an existing security. The bizzare thing is, the name and symbol it displays is already in the portfolio with the exact same name and symbol, but it doesn't show it in the matchlist drop-down. And if I choose the second option, which is to add the security, it tells me I can't add it because the same name and symbol already exist ...

Mail Merge & Custom Fields
Just thought I'd share my misadventure today............I nearly finished our Quoting printout via mail merge, and I just needed to add one custom field and it was good to go. Didn't work. A few head scratches and a link later I found this: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=30055&code=7842 key phrase: Mail Merge for custom fields in Microsoft Business Solutions CRM version 1.0 is NOT supported. So now I'm back to using Crystal Reports to finish off this Quoting printout. Once again I am disappointed........... -Gary ...

Moving Mail Between Folders
Hello All, Is there a way to automatically move a filed mail item from a folder that has been created in your inbox to a folder of the same name in your personal folder? I am on the road and use a blackberry to read mail. When I file the items under the various project names I have to manually move them when I return to the office. Sometimes this is a problem because my inbox becomes full until I return to the office and I cannot receive any additional mail. Hope this was clear. Thanks. D. You might be able to do this with a rule, but Outlook would need to be open/running at the time....

Outlook 2003 Mail Icons/Symbols
I am running Outlook 2003 at work and since we shifted over to a different network server I have noticed that when I reply or forward an e-mail from my inbox the symbol for the e-mail does not change to indicated my actions. Previously I could always tell if I had answered an e-mail in my in box by which icon it shows. I still get the proper icons for encrypted or signed e-mail it only seem to affect reply/reply all/forward actions. It also appears to be an isolated incident as others on the same network are not experiencing the same problem. I can find to option that controls this...

Question about contact list(s) and address book(s)
Outlook 2002 Windows XP I am having some problems with getting my contacts to sort the way I want them to. When I say "contacts" I am referring to the window that opens should one click on the "To..." button when composing an email. I profess that I find many of Outlooks features confusing, so I don't know if Contacts and Address Book are different things or are the same thing. In any event, I have quite a large contacts list for email purposes. Many of them are fellow employees where I work, but most aren't. What I would like to do is have all of the people ...

No Back Order Option when allocating Fulfillment orders by line
Even though the default quantity shortage option is "Back Order Balance" and all items are set to allow back orders; we cannot get a Back Order option when allocating orders by line. All "help" points out the Back Order options and only say I won't get them if the item doesn't allow back orders. What else could be wrong? When in Sales Transaction Entry, drill-down on the Order Type you are using and make sure that it is marked to "Transfer to Invoice" and that you have an Invoice ID entered there. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with ...

Mail merge
We are attempting to create a mail merge in Publisher using data from an excel file. Several of the merge fields contain numbers which we would like to display as only two decimal places. I tried using the switch (\# $#,##0.00 ), but this didn't work in Publisher. Can anyone offer assistance? Format the fields as text... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mwiegert" <Mwiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78545D0B-F736-4488-BE97-A5739A301754@microsoft.com... > We are attempting to create a mail merge in Publisher using data from an > e...

Mail being deleted from POP 3 Server
I'm running SBS R2 Exchange and when retrieves my POP 3 mail it deletes the messages from the server. How do I tell exchange to leave the messages on the POP 3 server for 14 days like i do with Outlook? Thanks This is configured on the Outlook side. Better question, why even bother with POP3 when you have Exchange? sirgeek wrote: > I'm running SBS R2 Exchange and when retrieves my POP 3 mail it deletes the > messages from the server. How do I tell exchange to leave the messages on > the POP 3 server for 14 days like i do with Outlook? > > Thanks sirgeek wrote...

Can�t receive mail
I have an Exchange2003 e-mail server and when I�m using my server as Open Relay server (which I do not) I�m getting all e-mails that others send me. When I choose "Only the list below" in Relay Restrictions options server does not receive mail from outside.Sender get this message: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for example@mydomain.com Any solutions? Make sure your domain name where you want to receive email from the internet is in your recipient policy list. "Mickey M" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:SCdHb.55$Rw6.34@read3.inet.fi... > I have an Exchan...

OL2007 : Printing problem with multiple mail printing
Hi, i update my OL 2003 to 2007 and now when i try to print some (HTML) email in one time, i've some ok, and some are illegible, font size are decrease to maybe 3pt or 2pt. If y try to print theses mails one by one it's ok. Any solutions ? Thanks in advance ! ...

how to change the ip address of an exchange 2003 server
Hi, I have a w2k3 box running exchange server 2003 with a separate box running w2k3 / exchange server 2k3 for outlook web access that connects to the net via a w2k3 ISA2004 server. I also have all my external (outside) outgoing and incoming mail going through a barracuda spam firewall (appliance / server). My question is: how do I "successfully" change the ip addresses, subnet mask, and gateway on all these devices (physical and virtual) with the least disruption to my Exchange mail system? Is there a specific order in doing so? Are there any documented instructions on ho...