Create a script to automatically print reports

Does anyone know of a way to create a script that will automaticily print
certain reports (closing reports and EDC reports) at a certain time of
night, preferable to a network printer in my office.

I have three locations not using headquarters so I would like to schedule
each POS to run a script at say 11pm after stores have closed to
automatically print some reports to my network printer at my office.  All
mlocations are connected via VPN routers.  I schedule auto backups each
night using a script, so I am sure there is a way to create a script to
print reports.

Ay help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Dec 3, 11:34 pm, "Scott S" <scsanto...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to create a script that will automaticily print
> certain reports (closing reports and EDC reports) at a certain time of
> night, preferable to a network printer in my office.
>
> I have three locations not using headquarters so I would like to schedule
> each POS to run a script at say 11pm after stores have closed to
> automatically print some reports to my network printer at my office.  All
> mlocations are connected via VPN routers.  I schedule auto backups each
> night using a script, so I am sure there is a way to create a script to
> print reports.
>
> Ay help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Scott

How about a small application that will automatically email you the
information you want in an email?  We have this solution but could
also do what you are looking for.  If you are interested please
contact me I will be happy to help.

Jason Richelson
Vitet Consulting Group Ltd.
www.vitet.com
646-706-7600 ext 102
"Not just consultants but retailers too."
0
jason1209 (4)
12/4/2007 10:08:14 AM
I have tried to get a hold of you, but your mailbox is full.  Please send me
an e-mail at scott@tt-newyork.com

<jason@vitet.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 3, 11:34 pm, "Scott S" <scsanto...@roadrunner.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a way to create a script that will automaticily print
>> certain reports (closing reports and EDC reports) at a certain time of
>> night, preferable to a network printer in my office.
>>
>> I have three locations not using headquarters so I would like to schedule
>> each POS to run a script at say 11pm after stores have closed to
>> automatically print some reports to my network printer at my office.  All
>> mlocations are connected via VPN routers.  I schedule auto backups each
>> night using a script, so I am sure there is a way to create a script to
>> print reports.
>>
>> Ay help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Scott
>
> How about a small application that will automatically email you the
> information you want in an email?  We have this solution but could
> also do what you are looking for.  If you are interested please
> contact me I will be happy to help.
>
> Jason Richelson
> Vitet Consulting Group Ltd.
> www.vitet.com
> 646-706-7600 ext 102
> "Not just consultants but retailers too."

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

NDR Report
We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address Again, the emails are sent using Outlook to a listing in our GAL for the Custom Recipient. I have checked the outgoing messages and they do contain a sender address. Any ideas? Thanks. BSchmidt Have you contacted the recipient's admin folk on this? BSchmidt wrote: > We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: > > 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address > > Again, the emails are sent using Out...

Creating a template using Publisher

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Custom Item Movement Report
Anyone out there have a custom item movement report and item movement history report that includes extended description that they would be willing to share? Thanks! -JIM That was a pretty tricky request but I was able to make the change. Download the reports here: http://www.newestech.com/downloads/itemmovement.zip If you cannot download from there shoort me an email and I will send over. Check out our RMS add-ons website in exchange.. http://www.newestech.com/POS/extensions.htm Casey Hanson New West Technologies chanson@newestech.com Hi, Can you do one with "Transferred To"...

Z Report shows zeros for an entire shift
How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed correctly, and all transactions seem to be successful. However, the Z report that is run at the end of the shift prints all zeros? Any ideas??? I am having the same problem. All the transactions are successfull and I can see the sale amounts and etc at crstal reports but all the z, zz and x reports print "$0.00" amount. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? "Maakus" wrote: > How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed > correctly, and all transactions seem t...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

Utility (pref. script) to catalog .EDB files
Hi, I have a client that is using an Enterprise backup tool which, whilst able to back-up and restore, does not provide in-depth information like traditional Exchange-aware backup products. I have been asked to write a script to list the users in a flat .EDB file (which has been snapped and copied and flushed using SAN replication tools). I have taken a look at the ESE API, which can only be accessed using C + (I only use VB). Other than EXMERGE, does anyone know of any tools that allow you to list the basic mailbox details on a EDB file? Thanks, Hutton. ...

Emails are automatically opening
When I select an email in outlook xp the emails are automatically opening the first highlighted email. Yes, ;) I have checked my settings in folder views - double click is selected, even if I reset it to single then back to double still no go. Also once I close a message, the next one automatically opens - just close not move or deletes. ...

Show all months on report
I have a report that shows total shipments by month for specific items by totaling in the Month Footer. Some items have no shipment on some months so that month is not listed. Is there a way to have the report show all months regardless if there were shipments that month or not? Create a table name CountNumber with field CountNUM having integers from 0 (zero) through you maximum spread. Build the query below. SELECT DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])) AS [My Dates] FROM CountNumber WHERE (((DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])))<=CVDa...

PPV (Purchase Price Variance) report
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C96211.B08AEAF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, Would anyone be having a report available for PPV=20 Regards, ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C96211.B08AEAF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type = content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1> &l...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Services Invoices Get "DROP SHIP" box checked Automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA45AC.F9A0B1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everybody, Here is another story. we are GP 10 SP3 and we also a Field Service (Depot Module) installed = for which we use an Invoice ( SVC000000) and our type is Service type = Invoice. At the time of posting the Service Charges being generated by the Depot = Module, the Drop ship box gets checked automatically for which we can't = charge the customer for shipping charges. Basically we eve...

Printing Detailed Trail Balance
I just installed a new printer HP Deskjet 5940 and when i print Detailed Trial Balance reports it cutting off the Credit column. How do I fix this? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...

Business cards & printing
I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a friend and she wants to be able to print them off from her computer. However she does not have MS Publisher, MS Word. She will probably purchase one of the Avery packages from an office supply. Is there a way I can save the file ready to print the cards with the proper number per page and convert it to jpg so she could use it? Thanks for information. Susan Hi Susan (dsnsacree@msn.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a || friend and she wants to be able to print ...