Connecting to database - 30 day trial

Hi all,

I have successfully installed a 30 day trial of RMS but am having problems
connecting to the database.

I've followed instructions in starting the database server, and connect to
it. The problem is that when I connect to the SQL server using the Store
Operations Administrator module, I'm prompted to enter a user name and
password. The default user name that appears is 'sa' and the password field
is blank.

This user name does not allow me to connect, and the documentation I
received does not tell me what the correct user name and password are.

Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but hoping someone can help.

Thanks in advance.
Alan
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Alan - the "sa" password is the first password you were prompted to enter
when you first installed the software.  The screen asked you to type then
confirm this password.  If you still don't recall, your best bet is to
uninstall then reinstall the application - don't forget to jot down the sa
password.  Hope this helps...

"Alan O." wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have successfully installed a 30 day trial of RMS but am having problems
> connecting to the database.
>
> I've followed instructions in starting the database server, and connect to
> it. The problem is that when I connect to the SQL server using the Store
> Operations Administrator module, I'm prompted to enter a user name and
> password. The default user name that appears is 'sa' and the password field
> is blank.
>
> This user name does not allow me to connect, and the documentation I
> received does not tell me what the correct user name and password are.
>
> Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but hoping someone can help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Alan
0
convoluted (621)
6/23/2008 1:31:02 PM
Are you sure the password is blank and the user is SA?
Think back to your installation, it should have prompted you for those
Also the userid for the demo is 1 and the password is password.
I think.
--
-Jerry
JR Data Inc.

"Alan O." wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have successfully installed a 30 day trial of RMS but am having problems
> connecting to the database.
>
> I've followed instructions in starting the database server, and connect to
> it. The problem is that when I connect to the SQL server using the Store
> Operations Administrator module, I'm prompted to enter a user name and
> password. The default user name that appears is 'sa' and the password field
> is blank.
>
> This user name does not allow me to connect, and the documentation I
> received does not tell me what the correct user name and password are.
>
> Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but hoping someone can help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Alan
0
sales1204 (95)
6/23/2008 1:35:00 PM
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I think i will try uninstalling and
reinstalling.
Thanks again.

Alan

"JerryData" wrote:

> Are you sure the password is blank and the user is SA?
> Think back to your installation, it should have prompted you for those
> Also the userid for the demo is 1 and the password is password.
> I think.
> --
> -Jerry
> JR Data Inc.
>

> "Alan O." wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have successfully installed a 30 day trial of RMS but am having problems
> > connecting to the database.
> >
> > I've followed instructions in starting the database server, and connect to
> > it. The problem is that when I connect to the SQL server using the Store
> > Operations Administrator module, I'm prompted to enter a user name and
> > password. The default user name that appears is 'sa' and the password field
> > is blank.
> >
> > This user name does not allow me to connect, and the documentation I
> > received does not tell me what the correct user name and password are.
> >
> > Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but hoping someone can help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Alan
0
AlanO (2)
6/24/2008 12:37:01 AM
The only thing you need to uninstall is the SQL Express 2005 and the other
portion of SQL that get installed. then re-install from the CD drill down to
the I believe the SSE folder and install from there. If you uninstall the
RMS software it will NOT fix the problem as SQL is what i9s holding the
password you are looking to change. Here is another way to fix the password

Open a command prompt and do the following

First, log onto the server using:

OSQL -S servername -E <enter>

Then enter  1> EXEC sp_password NULL,'sa','sa'

                     2>go

This will reset the sa password to sa. You should then be able to conenct to
the DB. From the sounds of it as well you have yet to create a usable DB.
Make sure you do this as well.

"Alan O." <AlanO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your suggestions guys. I think i will try uninstalling and
> reinstalling.
> Thanks again.
>
> Alan
>
> "JerryData" wrote:
>
>> Are you sure the password is blank and the user is SA?
>> Think back to your installation, it should have prompted you for those
>> Also the userid for the demo is 1 and the password is password.
>> I think.
>> --
>> -Jerry
>> JR Data Inc.
>>

>> "Alan O." wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have successfully installed a 30 day trial of RMS but am having
>> > problems
>> > connecting to the database.
>> >
>> > I've followed instructions in starting the database server, and connect
>> > it. The problem is that when I connect to the SQL server using the
>> > Store
>> > Operations Administrator module, I'm prompted to enter a user name and
>> > password. The default user name that appears is 'sa' and the password
>> > field
>> > is blank.
>> >
>> > This user name does not allow me to connect, and the documentation I
>> > received does not tell me what the correct user name and password are.
>> >
>> > Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but hoping someone can help.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > Alan

0
maurice1766 (189)
6/24/2008 6:04:29 PM
Hi Maurice,

Thanks for the advice.

I tried running the DOS commands as my first option, as I thought this would
be the easiest fix. This was successful in changing my password, but I still
could not get connected to the DB. I'll explain why below.

I then tried uninstalling just SQL Express 2005. This worked fine, but I got
some weird error message when I tried reinstalling it from the trial CD.

Eventually, I also uninstalled RMS and completely reinstalled it and SQL.
During installation, I made sure I took note of the password I entered for
the SQL DB.

Once reinstalled, I once again attempted to 'Configure' the connection to
the DB through RMS Store Operations Administrator.
Again, it would not accept my password.

Eventually, I discovered that although the DB creation wizard allows you to
choose your own DB name (in my case it was "Alans DB"), the 'Database' tab in
Store Operations Administrator > File > Configuration > Database tab retains
the "RMSsample" database name. I simply changed this to "Alans DB" and tested
the connection and all was well.

It would have been helpful if the instructions in the Trial CD mentioned
that the Database name would need to be changed, but not to worry. It's all
working now.

Thanks to all that responded and I hope this might help someone else who
encounters the same problem in the future.

Regards
Alan

"Maurice @ ARS" wrote:

> The only thing you need to uninstall is the SQL Express 2005 and the other
> portion of SQL that get installed. then re-install from the CD drill down to
> the I believe the SSE folder and install from there. If you uninstall the
> RMS software it will NOT fix the problem as SQL is what i9s holding the
> password you are looking to change. Here is another way to fix the password
>
> Open a command prompt and do the following
>
> First, log onto the server using:
>
> OSQL -S servername -E <enter>
>

> Then enter  1> EXEC sp_password NULL,'sa','sa'
>
>                      2>go
>

> This will reset the sa password to sa. You should then be able to conenct to
> the DB. From the sounds of it as well you have yet to create a usable DB.
> Make sure you do this as well.
>

> "Alan O." <AlanO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your suggestions guys. I think i will try uninstalling and
> > reinstalling.
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > "JerryData" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure the password is blank and the user is SA?
> >> Think back to your installation, it should have prompted you for those
> >> Also the userid for the demo is 1 and the password is password.
> >> I think.
> >> --
> >> -Jerry
> >> JR Data Inc.

0
AlanO (2)
6/25/2008 12:27:01 AM
Hopefully now the rest of your experience will be great with RMS and soon
you'll come on board.
================
Thanks,

Shawn Ezhaghi
Vitet Consulting Group Ltd.
646-706-7600 xt: 101

"Not just consultants but retailers too."

"Alan O." wrote:

> Hi Maurice,
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> I tried running the DOS commands as my first option, as I thought this would
> be the easiest fix. This was successful in changing my password, but I still
> could not get connected to the DB. I'll explain why below.
>
> I then tried uninstalling just SQL Express 2005. This worked fine, but I got
> some weird error message when I tried reinstalling it from the trial CD.
>
> Eventually, I also uninstalled RMS and completely reinstalled it and SQL.
> During installation, I made sure I took note of the password I entered for
> the SQL DB.
>
> Once reinstalled, I once again attempted to 'Configure' the connection to
> the DB through RMS Store Operations Administrator.
> Again, it would not accept my password.
>
> Eventually, I discovered that although the DB creation wizard allows you to
> choose your own DB name (in my case it was "Alans DB"), the 'Database' tab in
> Store Operations Administrator > File > Configuration > Database tab retains
> the "RMSsample" database name. I simply changed this to "Alans DB" and tested
> the connection and all was well.
>
> It would have been helpful if the instructions in the Trial CD mentioned
> that the Database name would need to be changed, but not to worry. It's all
> working now.
>
> Thanks to all that responded and I hope this might help someone else who
> encounters the same problem in the future.
>
> Regards
> Alan
>
> "Maurice @ ARS" wrote:
>
> > The only thing you need to uninstall is the SQL Express 2005 and the other
> > portion of SQL that get installed. then re-install from the CD drill down to
> > the I believe the SSE folder and install from there. If you uninstall the
> > RMS software it will NOT fix the problem as SQL is what i9s holding the
> > password you are looking to change. Here is another way to fix the password
> >
> > Open a command prompt and do the following
> >
> > First, log onto the server using:
> >
> > OSQL -S servername -E <enter>
> >

> > Then enter  1> EXEC sp_password NULL,'sa','sa'
> >
> >                      2>go
> >

> > This will reset the sa password to sa. You should then be able to conenct to
> > the DB. From the sounds of it as well you have yet to create a usable DB.
> > Make sure you do this as well.
> >

> > "Alan O." <AlanO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your suggestions guys. I think i will try uninstalling and
> > > reinstalling.
> > > Thanks again.
> > >
> > > Alan

0
shawn1 (154)

Synchronize Outlook� data with any relational database!
GeniusConnect for Microsoft Outlook� 2000/XP/2003 Synchronize Outlook� data with any relational database! With GeniusConnect, you can export your Microsoft� Outlook� data to a database and also load data from the database into a Microsoft� Outlook� folder. You can use your own database schema! You can synchronize Outlook data with any relational database that supports ODBC (MS Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle etc.). It is also possible to use GeniusConnect on multiple folders and multiple databases. GeniusConnect becomes an integral part of Microsoft� Outlook� after installation. GeniusC...

Add path of a picture to database
I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee records. The button should have to open a regular dialog box to let me choose the picture of an employee. I need to store only the path. What should I do ? I tried several ways but could not succeeded. Thank you very much in advance. Gokhan ® Check this link on "Handle/Display images in forms/database" http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0030.htm -- Good Luck BS"D "Gokhan ®" wrote: > I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee > ...

Multiple ODBC Database lik in one MSQUERY query
Do you know if it is possible to query on several database in one single msquery If yes, thanks to explain If not, how to succeed -> Is there another version of msquery that would permit to do that? -> should I go first through Access with linked tables to master databases tables? Thanks for your help Alain79 ...

Equipment Library Database
I need to create an Equipment Library Database, does anybody have a sample database I could look at for some ideas. An equipment library is the same as a book library but instead of books we loan medical equipment. Many thanks in advance. Here's a skeleton set of tables you might start off with: TblEquipmentType EquipmentTypeID EquipmentType TblEquipment EquipmentID Equo[mentTypeID EquipmentDescription EquipmentNumber DatePurchased DateDisposed TblLoanTerm LoanTermID LoanTerm TblEquipmentLoanAmount EquipmentLoanAmountID EquipmentID LoanTermID LoanAmount TblEquipmentLoan EquipmentLo...

displaying the Day from a date
I have a field on my form that displays a date like 2nd April 2007 is there a way to display the day as well eg Monday 2nd April 2007 Thanks very much SImon Set the Format property of the text box to: Long Date That should show the day and date (depending on how you have Long Date defined in the Windows Control Panel, under Regional Settings.) You can also show the day in another text box with the Format property set to: dddd -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allen...

Sample database error starting website
Hello, We are trying to install CRM with the sample databases. When we try to open the localhost in order to add the 5 users we get an error. The errNum is 0x80040E40. Anyone some help? When we try to add an user through the Deployment manager we get an "You don't have sufficient security privileges..." "See your system administrator" Well I am the SysAdmin. I fact I'm logged in as Administrator. Trying to use a different user with all the admin privileges gives an error starting the deployment manager in the first place.. Regards, Arno Is there any info in ...

rpc over http #30
I am thinking of impliment rpc over http, because a lot of my consultants are unable to connect back to our vpn because of firewall restrictions at our client sites. Are there any firewall issues with rpc over http, or will it work anywhere that has http access allowed through the firewall. thanks. ]ats-dan[ If you set it up over HTTP then 80 is all you need, however, I suggest doing HTTPS which would need 443 ...

office 2008 mac trial
Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need to try it out for a client who currently uses iwork08 There's been no notice of a general availability. I can't speak for TechNet but that's the resource to check directly... There are few here who are TechNet subscribers:-) Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/15/08 2:11 PM, in article B027EAFE-6F68-47E3-9A39-254D3E97A4B4@microsoft.com, "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need...

Outlook cannot connect...OWA can
WinSvr2K3EE ExchSvr2K3EE Let's start with the sentence that we all know and love... The server has been working perfectly with no problems...until now. 8^)> I just restarted my server after applying some Microsoft updates. After restarting, I logged into the console and left the server at the desktop. From any of my 150 clients, including Outlook 2000, Outlook 2003, and OWA, only my OWA clients are able to login and utilize the email server now. When any of the Outlook clients log in, Outlook 2000 simply hangs forever and ever (I gave up after 15 minutes) and Outlook 2003 displ...

Connecting Crystal Reports
I've created my ODBC connections and I can see in Crystal Reports my "Great Plains" connection. I know exactly which tables I want to pull my reports from but all I see are these ZDP_Tables. I believe these are stored procedure tables. For example I would like to use the CPY10100 (EE card table) but I see a few ZDP_CPY10100N_1;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_2;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_3;1 and so on. These tables have some of the columes I need but not all. Why would I know be able to see the table doesn't anyone have any idea? If you look at the screen in which you configure your data sour...

POP3 Client connectivity issue
We have an Exchange 2003 server in a 2003 AD domain. Exchange is running SP1. We have several hundred remote users who use Outlook Express 5.x or 6.x to connect using POP3. Within the last 2 weeks, we've noticed several times that the clients are having problems downloading new mail. Outlook Express prompts for a username and password and successfully authenticates the user. Then it says "downloading message X of X" and sits there endlessly. We have restarted every service on the Exchange server including the SMTP service. This did not resolve the problem. Each time we ha...

Can't connect with MSN Messenger on Mac OS X
I have a G5 with the latest version of OS X. I installed Office for OSX and every app works fine. Machine is connected to the Internet and browsing and email are flawless. When I run Messenger and try to sign in it immediately returns with an error saying that it can't connet since either MSN service is down or machine is not connected to the Internet. I checked my Passport login and it works perfectly from the MSN site. Any idea about what's going on? Thanks, -Vlad Vlad Vinogradsky <vvinogra@speakeasy.net> wrote: Hi Vlad, > I have a G5 with the latest version ...

Conditional Formula based on previous date + 30
I have a spread sheet that caluclates when proposals expire. Date Sent Follow Up date January 13, 2010 February 12, 2010 What I am looking for is for the Follow up date to turn RED when the date is expired (over the date listed). Just use CF with a formula of =B2>TODAY() -- HTH Bob "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66DE65F1-F041-434C-86A7-B13635C6914F@microsoft.com... >I have a spread sheet that calu...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

moving GP without "installing" the SQL databases
Hello: In all of the years that I have conducted moves of GP and its SQL DYNAMICS and company databases from one SQL server to another, I have always created the DYNAMICS and company databases from scratch on the new server using GP Utilities. Then, I have restored SQL backups into these new databases. I have hesitated to try it, but I do understand that the KnowledgeBase article does say that you can restore the backups before installing GP. I suppose that doing so would, indeed, save a ton of time--especially, if there are numerous companies. Is it OK to restore the databases from...

Crystal reports connecting to CRM database: Logon failed
Hi Im trying to customize reports in CRM v.1.2 beta using Crystal Reports 9 for Microsoft CRM. I can open existing reports and do simple customizations such as adding labels to the report but when I try to connect to the CRM data source to insert fields from the CRM database or try to preview the crm reports I get the message: Logon failed. Details: An error occurred while resolving logged on user IDs through the BizUser service. I have administrator rights both in the active directory and the CRM system. Im also trying out some customization to CRM forms using BizUser object to access CRM...

master and msdb Database Restore
If and why we need to backup master and msdb Database for restoring MS-CRM? thanks in advance Master and msdb are both changed when CRM is installed (logins are added to master, and a few jobs are added to msdb), but should not subsequently change (other than job history in msdb) due to CRM activity. Therefore as a minimum I'd recommend backing them both up after the CRM install, and after any other changes (non-CRM related). As for restoring, you should only need to restore them if the whole SQL server needs to be restored Hope this helps "MaxF." wrote: > If and why...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

Survey Database Table Design
Hello, I'm creating a survey database (Access 07). I have multiple tables and was wondering if you could help me with the design. Currently I have a tblQuestions & tblAnswers which contain only the questions themselves and all the possible answers, respectively. Would you recommend a 3rd table which ties all the responses from the tblQuestions & tblAnswers together? For some reason I'm stumped by this and I'm sure it's a very easy solution. Thank you! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Design Patterns for .NET http://www.eggh...

how to uninstall ms publisher after a one week trial?
I have used the control panel software remove facility to get rid of a trial version of ms publisher but it remains in the computer and nothing seems to be able to delete it. Can anyone help please? See: How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "removing an ms publisher trial version" <removing an ms publisher trial version@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01C8FA93-917E-4A98-945C-7C3813FFA9F4@microsoft....

Database Field Sizes.
I have two small problems, firstly Can the Matrix Description field size be increased to 40/60 chars at present too small. or is there a bigger field i can use eg the extended description field size increased. We need a way that when a saleperson inputs a sale order at the POS and the item needs to be special order the following information is automatically passed to the purchased order for the supplier. 1, supplier Ref number for item. 2, Supplier Colour (four suppliers have 56 colours each) 3, Size of Dress etc 4, delivery date required 5, Order confirmation date and number from suppli...

create a database
Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay you the fee. Sheryl On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:26:01 -0700, Sheryl <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay >you the fee. Sheryl Luckily for you, he can't, because he doesn't know your email address. Don't post it here, or even worse spammers than Steve will pick it up. I would recommend that you find someone (perhaps locally) who can help you, rather than paying someone who has habitually and constantl...

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted
I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem. The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message always appears. Any one have any ideas? Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted Sean For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that...

Best Practices shows 114 GB Database Size limit
I just ran a best practices scan against my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server and it shows that the Mailbox limit is 114 GB. I though the limit was going to be 75 GB in SP2? The value data in the Database Size Limit in GB registry key is 72 hex. DO I have it configured wrong? SHould it read 114 GB in the best practices scan? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- jgarcia 72 Hex is 114 decimal...you need to set it correctly in your registry. "mrjules" <mrjules@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD7A4CB-DFA0-4485-844F-3BE6A3A56ACE@microsoft.com... >I ju...

Outlook loses connection to Exchange 2003
I have just completed a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 installation on a server with 1.5Gb memory - not sure if the rest of the specs are relevant. The startup is configured with the /3GB switch as per recommendation, but none of the other performance settings have been implemented. I have a satellite broadband connection, with a gateway machine between the server and the internet to provide NAT. The gateway machine provides DHCP services, and hosts a local POP3 mail server from which users pick up incoming e-mail. The server has a single RAID 5 array split into two partitions. It provides fil...