connecting database on handheld

i am having problem in connecting database on handheld device. when i install
mobile suite 3.4 it installs fine and it installs sql. the problem is when i
do connection test it gives me an error
connection failed
please verify your network connectivity and that port 1433 is not blocked by
any firewall.Sqlexception

Note : this problem only occurs with Dell Axim X50 . on Symbol MC50 database
is connecting fine without any errors
0
Shoby (75)
11/29/2005 10:05:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Shoby,

This is usually caused by incorrect wireless settings on the handheld.
Give us a call and we would be happy to help you troubleshoot this:
800.466.7839, ask for Matthew.  Or e-mail softwaresupport@newestech.com.

-
Evan Culver
New West Technologies

Shoby wrote:
> i am having problem in connecting database on handheld device. when i install
> mobile suite 3.4 it installs fine and it installs sql. the problem is when i
> do connection test it gives me an error
> connection failed
> please verify your network connectivity and that port 1433 is not blocked by
> any firewall.Sqlexception
>
> Note : this problem only occurs with Dell Axim X50 . on Symbol MC50 database
> is connecting fine without any errors
0
eculver (95)

Redeploy question regarding databases
We just finished the redeploy of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in a new server. Everything is good but we need help with SQL. The databases need to be updated with the data that employees enter in the old server running 1.2. What is the best way to do it? Do the table structures of both Databases are the same? ...

The database cannot be opened...
Access 2007, Windows 7 ... When attempting to run a simple import from Excel, I was getting "The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted." Tried a lot of suggestions from the net, none worked. Uninstalled Access, then re-installed. Now getting ... "Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has been disabled". There's nothing there in ...

CRM VPC Internet Connection
All, How can you make Internet Connection in VPC to work, for example, you type www.google.com in IE? because I did that and it could not open. Thanks You need to check the Virtual PC or Sever options and change the network connection to External. If I recall correctly the VPC image is set to the static IP of 192.168.1.1 so you want to make sure this will not be duplicate IP on your network. You may also need to change the default gateway to match your network. (I have found that if you change the Static IP on the VPC you need to make changes in DNS for http://crm to work) "...

Opening a database 02-14-08
I have a database that in order to see the contents of the database I need to hold down the sift key to open it. Otherwise it will not let me view anything except the switchboard form. I need to change this but I did not design this database. Is there a way to remove this so that anyone can open the database and view all its contents without holding down the shift key? I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, dee Go to Tools | Startup and ensure that the Display Database Window box is checked. You can also have it not display the switchboard (should you wa...

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

Exchange 5.5 database is becoming too large
Hi, we have a server with Windows NT 4.0 SBS and Exchange Server 5.5. The server has a 3 Disks Raid 5 array. The array is divided in 6 partitions of about 6 GB (exept drive C that is 2 GB) Exchange is installed in drive D. Our exchange Database is now growed and is, at the moment about 5 GB. We have about 300 MB free on drive D. But we have more than 4 GB free on drive G. What can i do in order to avoid problems in future? Is it possible to put some mailboxes on another drive? It could be safe to work with partition magic in order to join some drives? Any other ideas? Please help us!!!! M...

sp3 connection/browser problem
Hi, I've downloaded sp3 numerous times and each time my browser will not download my home page or other pages, although it says my internet is connected. So I have had to resort to system restore each time. Any help would be appreciated. matt wrote: > Hi, > > I've downloaded sp3 numerous times and each time my browser will not > download my home page or other pages, although it says my internet is > connected. So I have had to resort to system restore each time. > > Any help would be appreciated. ===================================== Are you referring to Win...

Two Exchange servers no connection between mailboxes
Hi, I have just installed an Exchange 2003 server in the same forest as an Exchange 2000 server. The idea is to transfer all the mailboxes across when i'm satisfied the new server is doing everything I need. I moved two mailboxes today and have struck an issue. These two mailboxes can send mail to one another, but neither can send or receive mail from mailboxes still on the original exchange server. Is this normal? I would prefer not to move all the other mailboxes until I know it's working but I can't test it properly with this restriction. Thanks, John ...

cannot connect to outlook
After configuring a fresh install of outlook 2007 to access my company's exchange 2003 server on my windows vista ultimate 64bit, I try multiple times to enter my password to access my account and it does not work. Error message is "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Clicking the ok response pops up a microsoft exchange window with a general tab with two fields, name of exchange server and mailbox. Clicking ok or cancel results in a new error message "cannot open your default e-mail folder...

Database Query #4
I have created a data table in a worksheet and named it “data”. Then I created a separate worksheet, in the same workbook, and created a database query of the data table, by using Data…Import External Data…New Database Query…Excel Files* and defining the database name by browsing to the same workbook. The query worked fine. However, when I moved the workbook (which included the data source) to a different folder and tried to refresh the database query, I got the following error message: “[Microsoft] [ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object ‘data’...

SFO connection question
On SFO I am connected to a MSCRM server 1. Now I want to connect to another server. Where do I have to specify the server ? Or is it only at the client installation time I can specify it ? Does that mean I have to uninstall and install again. Please help. There are registry entries under hkey localmachine, software, microsoft,mscrm which point to the web server. I have never tried changing the web server address. As long as the new web server is still using the same database it may work. Honestly I would reinstall "Arch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

POP3 server connect errors
Hello, WinXP Pro, Outlook 2k SP3 POP3 server connect failures. a) can send/receive emails under 100kb b) setup Outlook logging, and see server connect failures in logs for all email accounts across 3 domains. Things tried 1) All usual settings checked over, been running smoothly for months - ZoneAlarm, McAfee v8. Same results whether these disabled or enabled [did shut them down to test]. 2) Removed/Re-added Outlook email accounts. All settings standard POP3 110. Also tried increasing time-out. 3) Uninstalled/Re-installed Outlook 4) Moved outlook.pst and let Outlook recreate fresh pst...

CRM Email
Hi all, I have installed the CRM E-mail Router on our Exchange 2000 server for our CRM server ver 1.0. But when i tried to send a Mail from CRM web client it displays me error report telling that "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " When I check the Event Log of CRM Server, it shows the error as "Cannot connect to Host" with Event ID 2 see below Event Log: vent Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 1/14/2004 Time: 2:08:51 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM-SRV Description: MSCRM Plat...

Reduce Database Size
3 x Exchange 2003 Ent, Windows 2003 I know this gets discussed quite a bit but as our system (and skills) are relatively new I look for your experience and support. After our migration from GroupWise to Exchange our storage groups became quite large averaging 120G each We have now introduced an archiving product which has successfully siphoned off about 120Gb across all three databases. Now things have levelled I would like to reduce the size of the databases. What is the correct and safest method to do this? On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:56:53 -0000, "Dave Lee" <abuse@aol.com&...

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

Vista 64 Critical Updates Without Internet Connection?
I bought a refurbished computer for a customer and we're having problems detecting a Netgear WN111v2 USB wireless adapter. The first thing I think is update Vista 64 Business but there's no Internet connection on the machine. Is there a way to get all of the Vista 64 critical (and related) updates downloaded to my local dev machine then burned to a disk I can then install manually? I'm paging through the test.catalog.update.microsoft.com website at the moment but haven't done this before so confirmation may help me out. Hillbilly wrote: > I bought a refurbi...

Downgrade RMA 2.0 database to 1.3?
Is there anyway to do this? NO. Can go up but not back unless you have backup from before the upgrade ...

Double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains Server
Why do we have double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains server? There is nothing abnormal with our database backup jobs. Though, we are using SQL Server database maintenaince plans for backing up the Great Plain databases. We even upgraded to a new server, and the dame problem exists. Furthermore, we have over 20 SQL Server 2000 servers, and this problem does not exist. Thank you. Have you checked your settings for Maintenance Plans and SQL Jobs in Enterprise Manager? Most likely you will see two jobs created in there for backups. To my knowledge Great Plains doe...

can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ??
need help new can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ?? THANKS Sure you "can", but the question is why? If you want to create a new empty database, then you would dismount the Mailbox store, then delete, move or rename the existing files. Next, simply re-mount the Mailbox store and you will be presented with a message box indicating that new blank databases will be created and do you want to proceed. That's really all there is to it. If you have any mail in the old databases, I'd seriously recommend that you either rename or move them instead of dele...

Outlook can't connect to server
My Outlook 2000 is not connecting to the server. SBC thinks that my Outlook is corrupted, since I recently reported having the swen virus. Can anyone provide help/suggestions on what to do or who to contact? Thanks very much. Tim On 10/22/2003 1:18 AM, Tim wrote: > My Outlook 2000 is not connecting to the server. > SBC thinks that my Outlook is corrupted, since I recently 1) Follow this page and remove any swen virus on your machine. http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.html 2) Install AntiVirus software. If you don't want to buy, use this...

Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server
Hello everyone! We're diving into CRM 3.0. The web based testing phase ran well and we're now trying to play with the outlook desktop client. During the setup, I get the following error: "Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down." I've tried modifying the default_client_config.xml file with the server ip address, the netbios name and eventually the FQDN. All failed. The web version, however, was reachable in all cases. I also tried increasing my privileges to local administrator after some google search, the error ...

CRM Moving Sql Server 2000 to 2005 (Database and report) new Serve
Hi, I'm working to move sql server 2000 to sql server 2005 on a new server. CRM 3 is installed on one server and Sql 2005 and Reporting Service on an other server. I backuped and restored the database succefully. But I have an issue when I produce reports. On some reports, I have the graphic with fields where "#Error" is display. Any idea? Thanks David ...

Outlook 2003 client connecting to Exchange 2000 server
I just recently moved my training department to XP & outlook 2003. They have a training calendar in the public folder list. When they send attendee/meeting requests for upcoming training events and the attendees accept the meeting, the tracking tab on the event does not update as being accepted. When they do it from a windows 2000 with outlook 2000 machine the tracking tab updates fine. Any suggestions? Also if it's an outlook 2003 to exchange 2000 issue does it get fixed when I move to Exchange 2003? Thanks John ...

Some Outlook 2000 clients stop responding when connected on Exchange Server 2003
Hi, Whe recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange server 2003. 95% of the our clients are in Outlook 2000. It works fine for the majority but for some user the Outlook 2000 client stop respondinf when trying to connected on the 2003 server. I tried to recreate the Outlook profile it works but for some users the problem reapears. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Joce On 20 Apr 2006 06:38:52 -0700, "Jocelyn" <thefreefly@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Whe recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange server 2003. 95% of >the our clients are in Outlook 2000. >...

SBS08 And Blackberry Connections
I have a 2008 SBS server that was handling sending E-mails to my blackberry users just fine until a Microsoft Update hit (not sure which one) and stopped my blackberry connections. I did reconnected if I log in as the administrator but only for a few minutes then it stops again.. Who can tell me the protocol for getting my blackberry phones to stay connected to a 2008 SBS. Thank you Glenn "Glenn Thompson" <Glenn Thompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:7E146B34-9169-4408-A005-DF859E7014EF@microsoft.com... >I have a 2008 SBS server tha...