connect to HQ via phone

Hi,
I have been trying to connect to HQ via phone. HQ is listening, but HQ
client does not get a response when I manually connected.

I have tried the connection on the same lap top, locally, and the
sychronization was good. What should I check about my phone connection?...

0
Kay (174)
10/9/2005 3:12:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You are probably pointing at the wrong database.  Check for HQ and Store
proper database names in setups of HQ Server and HQ Client.
m t

"kay" <kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have been trying to connect to HQ via phone. HQ is listening, but HQ
> client does not get a response when I manually connected.
>
> I have tried the connection on the same lap top, locally, and the
> sychronization was good. What should I check about my phone connection?...

0
mastaT (109)
10/9/2005 9:12:44 PM
Thanks,

I checked the file names.  They're correct.  According error message and
explannation from the Knowlege network, I think it's security/configuration
issue that blocks the connection.  It seems to be more complicated to reset.
I'll have to spend more time on it or wait for tech support to walk me
through it!...

"Masta T" wrote:

> You are probably pointing at the wrong database.  Check for HQ and Store
> proper database names in setups of HQ Server and HQ Client.
> m t
>

> "kay" <kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have been trying to connect to HQ via phone. HQ is listening, but HQ
> > client does not get a response when I manually connected.
> >
> > I have tried the connection on the same lap top, locally, and the
> > sychronization was good. What should I check about my phone connection?...

0
Kay (174)

Can't get Outlook to stay Connected
I have a client that just received a new Dell workstation. He is connected to the domain at his company, but for some reason, his MS Outlook 2003 will not stay Connected to the Exchange server. Even though he's able to click the drop down arrow next to the connection status window and change the status back to Connected, it eventually changes back to "Work Offline" on its own. Any help would be appreciated. S. Johnson ...

error when connecting to internet
Money 2001 worked fine for several months, but now when I try to connect to setup an account or download a statement, an error pops up and the program closes. That's nice. Seriously, was there a question here? What is the error that pops up? What have you tried to do to fix this? What happened then? What has changed in your environment? Has you ISP environment changed? What kind of connection do you use? Does this behavior duplicate in the sample file? (Lots more possible questions come to mind.) We try to help here, but we are not psychics. (Psychotics, maybe...) "Laura" ...

Deactivate product at HQ and at Store Options
I deativated about 100 product out of my HQ database, using the wizard. After my stores connected to HQ, those products are still active in the SO databases. Is there some other worksheet I should be running?? I'm stumped. Create a WS250 that is created based on a filter of Inactive = YES. When the stores process the WS250, it'll update the inactive items. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "jessica from Greencoast" wrote: > I deativated about 100 product out of my HQ database, using the wizard. > After my stores connected to HQ, those products are still activ...

HQ Server HQ Client
Running HQ Server and HQ Client version 2.0.0120. I have set them to run as a service using KB article 921200 How to set RMS HQ Server & HQ Client as a Windows service. When I look in services it shows them as running, however they are not communicating. What would prevent them from running as scheduled? In my experience, setting up HQ Client to run as a service results in the service not communicating when the computer reboots. The service is running, but no communication happens with the server. There's no log info anywhere that points to a problem. Restarting the se...

MRMS HQ
Hi All, When I add an item in MRMS HQ, Its affecting which all tables? Actually I want to export items directly from excel to MRMS HQ, So I would like to know to which all fields and tables i need to pass the values. Regards Eric Hi Eric, This particular Microsoft newsgroup is dedicated to Dynamics GP. Since your questions is regarding Microsoft Retail Management System, please post your inquiry ot the microsoft.public.pos newsgroup. If you require help at somepoint integrating RMS with Dynamics GP, please feel free to post your questions here. Thanks, -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello...

HQ Client unable to Process 401 Data Upload Worksheet
Hi, My Hq Client shown the following error when trying to process Data Upload Worksheet http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/482/hqclienterrorhr8.jpg can any1 help me on that? Hi MJay - there's a KB that addresses this issue; make sure the sa password is correct on HQ server; KB is 903751; hope this helps "MJay" wrote: > Hi, > My Hq Client shown the following error when trying to process Data Upload > Worksheet > http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/482/hqclienterrorhr8.jpg > can any1 help me on that? Quick fix: Disconnect the (vpn-)connection between HQ and ...

Sp2 +Mobile Phones
Hey all, Can anyone direct me to a source where i can find all the compatible mobile phones that can work with Exchange SP1 and SP2? Thanks! Pretty much any with Activesync has direct (push) integration. If you run POP/IMAP, many others will work. More here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devices/default.mspx <5070707@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171785573.538285.144360@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey all, > Can anyone direct me to a source where i can find > all the compatible mobile phones that can work with Exchange SP1 and > SP2? > > Tha...

Execute script via email trigger?
Hello, Is there a way to execute a vbScript upon the receipt of an email?? More specifically, I would like the ability to send an email to a mailbox and have the Exchange server trigger a vbScript to be executed when the message is received. Is this possible? If so, can someone point me towards an example please? Troy If you also have an SQL server, it's very easy. Schedule a job that's checking the SQL Server Agent's mailbox and use xp_cmdshell for running the command (everybody should have an SQL around ;-) "Troy Bruder" wrote: > Hello, > > >...

Junction Table IDs via a form
So I have made a form for inputting sales orders which has controls referring to numerous tables, one of which is a junction table connecting tblAccountNumbers with tblCustomers. Once user has entered in account info and Customer info, Access makes the new record in the junction table, and therefore has an autonumber ID for that record in the Junction table. My problem is that I also have a subform which gets data before Account data & Customer data is inputted. When the subform gets focus, an error message appears stating that it can't find the Account_Customer Junction ID (sin...

How To Send Record via email
I would like to know how best to send a few fields a newly entered data record in an Access Table via Outlook email. For example I would like the operator to enter/fill in a few fields in a newly created record. I have a command button which reads "Submit" and when they click that i would like to open a new email, populate the email with a few of the fields (say field 1, 2 and 3) and the address populated with an email address automatically (in the code). I have a command button with an Event proceedure started but using the wizard i can only get the code below to ...

Eliminate Data connection Security Prompt
I have an Excel file that get data from a SQL Server Stored Procedure that is accessed through a SQL Server login. Currently a Login box comes up and I need to enter the user and password. Is there any way that I can prevent the login dialog from showing. The SQL Server Login that I am using has readonly permissions without a password and I would like to make it easier for my users to refresh the data in the workbook. TIA Dean yeah, screw Excel use Access without a password you fucking dipshit; never, ever, ever, ever, ever do that -Aaron (but yuo should be able to setup a DSN that wou...

Access to microsoft.public.mac.office newsgroups via new server
I found a free server that still offers support for microsoft.public.mac.office newsgroups if you don�t want to use the Mactopia forums or one of the web interfaces like Google. I can�t guarantee that all MVPs will be posting on the newsgroups now. Open Accounts and enter a new News accout. Enter nntp.aioe.org. That�s it. There is no user name or password. More info: <http://www.aioe.org/> Hope this helps! -- Diane Diane Ross wrote: > I found a free server that still offers support for > microsoft.public.mac.office newsgroups if you don=C2=B9t want to use th= e Mactopia &g...

How to Connect Comcast Box to Windows Xp to TV Tuner
Hi , I have been trying to figure this out for a week now can someone please help greatly appreciated ? I have Dell Xps Gen 5 Desktop with built in Dual Tv tuner and have been trying to figure out how to set it up To my Comcast Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box , I had the cable hooked up from the comcast box to my desktop and threw Media Center setup I saw Tv picture , but when it comes to the option to change channels it Will not change the channels threw the Xp Controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong any answers greatley appreciated thank you . what do...

SqlClr error with using (SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection("context connection=true;"))
This same code works in other systems but the one i tried it on generates the following. Does anyone know what this means? Sql2005sp3. thanks dan A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "GetRSECalculatedTravelTimes": System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationExcepti...

Physical Inventory Not Showing in HQ Mgr
Hi, I just finished physical inventory using Store Ops Mgr's Physical Inventory upload. I checked the Qty On-Hand report in Store Ops Mgr and all the items are the showing right count. I did a manual synch using HQ Client to HQ Server w/ no error. But when I run a Qty On-Hand report for that store using HQ Mgr, the items that were shown in the Store Ops Mgr are not showing in the report. I also issued Worksheet 101 (Synch Store DB) and 250 (Update Inventory Items). What's happening? Thanks Try a 501 and then a 190 -- * "DanielSie" <daniel.sie@gmail.com> wro...

Using MDE file to connect to SQLServer via ODBC
Anyone have experience connecting an MDE file to an instance of SQLServer via ODBC? (Which should be yes). The scenario that I'm in is that I was going to use a ADP file, but then got word that MS has officially backpeddled indicating that ODBC is the best means of connecting to SQLServer. If the server was going to be in the same city, I wouldn't sweat it, however we're looking at having the server housed in Atlanta in support of several other offices that will be using the app. What issues should I be aware of? What about general performance? David C. Holley...

OE can't send/receive since configuring DSL to be connected all the time.
I changed the configuration of my DSL hardware from "modem" to "router" so that I now have a connection which is connected all the time (even before I boot XP) and now I can't send/receive email with OE. With the hardware configurated as a modem, I could send email: a connect box would come, I would click "connect", and off the mail would go. Now nothing happens when I click send. If I try to force to send ("send immediately"), a connection window comes up as before, but clicking "connect" does nothing (the connection stalls and the mail is...

Connecting to database
Hi all, I have successfully installed a 30 day trial of RMS but am having problems connecting to the database. I've followed instructions in starting the database server, and connect to it. The problem is that when I connect to the SQL server using the Store Operations Administrator module, I'm prompted to enter a user name and password. The default user name that appears is 'sa' and the password field is blank. This user name does not allow me to connect, and the documentation I received does not tell me what the correct user name and password are. Sorry for the seem...

Specify additional host in Internet Mail Service Connections
Can somebody tell me the proper way to specify an additional host to accept mail messages from my Internet Mail Service? In the Internet Mail Service Properties under the 'Connections' Tab I have an IP address specified in the 'Message Delivery' portion of the screen. The option to 'Forward all messages to host:' is selected. If I were to want to forward to another host (for load balancing purposes) can I simply enter a comma and a second IP address or is there more to it? If so what else do I have to do if I want to forward my mail to two different SMTP ...

Formatting Phone Numbers
I am re-posting this question with the hopes of getting some direction. All of our users are using the Outlook client of MSCRM. We are trying to be consistent in the way that we format our phone numbers, addresses, etc. in CRM. When some of our users enter a phone number like 717-123-4567, CRM will change it to (717) 123-4567 after the record is saved. This only happens on select computers. Does anyone have an idea what is affecting the formatting in CRM and how do I change it? Thanks, Tom Hello Tom CRM does not have the ability to autoformat phone numbers so there must be something ...

Connecting to SQL via VS2005, MFC, and ADO 2.5?
I've gotten some pointers on using ODBC or OLE DB to connect to SQL, but I'm hoping to learn how to use ADO to connect. I've included "msado25.h", which gives access to the _Connection and _Recordset objects. And, I've found numerous examples from VB on the web which I have attempted to translate into C++, such as: CString csServer = _T("TestServer"); CString csDatabase = _T("TestDatabase"); CString csSQLConnectString; csSQLConnectString.Format(_T("Provider=MSDATASHAPE;Data Provider=SQLOLEDB;") _T("server=%s;Database=%s;Integ...

Slow access speed when connecting to SQL Server from Access Front End
Hi, I have an MS access Application Front end which used to communicate to another access database through linked tables.I was given a task to link the front end to SQL Server and when the whole application was linked to SQL Server. now the application front end works but very slow on performance when compared with acess to access version. I am using SQL Server Driver to connect to SQL Server back end. Pls advise what is the reason that the speed is so slow. Thanks, Shaleen SQL server is indeed a high performance system, and also a system that can scale to many many users. If you write ...

Phone Call Activity screen
Hi all, Does anyone know the address format for the Phone Call edit screen? I can deduce some of the fields, but was wondering what the others mean: http://<server>/Activities/Phone/edit.aspx? &pId= <Guid of the 'Regarding' object> &pType= <Object type of the 'Regarding' object> &pName= <Readable name of the 'Regarding' object> &partyid= <Guid of the 'Call Recipient' object> &partytype= <Object type of 'Call Recipient'> &partyname= <Readable name of the 'Call Recipient' object>...

Connection
Bonsoir, J'ai un soucis et si quelqu'un peut m'aiser, je lui serai reconaissant. Voila, je veux me loger sur mon mail mai il me demande mon mot de passe ainsi de l'utilisateur. Ai essaye� plusieurs combinaison sans succes. Je sais plus quoi faire. Ou puis-je l'obtenir? D'avance merci, Oscar Oscar a �crit: > Bonsoir, > > J'ai un soucis et si quelqu'un peut m'aiser, je lui serai reconaissant. > > Voila, je veux me loger sur mon mail mai il me demande mon mot de passe > ainsi de l'utilisateur. > Ai essaye� plusieurs combinai...

HQ Reporting
I could really do with a report which shows QTY on hand at both of my stores on one sheet. For example i am selling artificial Christmas trees - i want to print a price list for that Catagory/department and have a column for each store with the QTY on hand at each store. Is this a standard report that i am missing, or is there something out there that can do this? Thanks! It can be done in active reports, but it's not trivial. You have to work some magic with SQL and the report has to be hard coded for the number of stores. I'd suggest running the HQ Item value report, ...