Configuring the WEIGHTRONIX - 6720 Scale 10-04-10

We are using RMS 2.0 and are trying to configure the scale to be recognize by
the RMS software. The scale seems to installed correctly on its own, but the
interaction to read the weight inside the RMS, does not work. Here are the
details :
When we use the weight scale admin, it gives a corect weight. But after when
we go the Microsoft RMS and selection the option to configure Microsoft opos
service objects to configure the scale, it tells us weight - no data, status
- error extended 114. Any thoughts on how to solve it with this particular
scale ?
We are using the Weightronix 6720 scale.
Thanks.
--
GCI
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It looks like this question was posted multiple times as the posting window
kept on giving a timeout message.
--
GCI

"gci1000" wrote:

> We are using RMS 2.0 and are trying to configure the scale to be recognize by
> the RMS software. The scale seems to installed correctly on its own, but the
> interaction to read the weight inside the RMS, does not work. Here are the
> details :
> When we use the weight scale admin, it gives a corect weight. But after when
> we go the Microsoft RMS and selection the option to configure Microsoft opos
> service objects to configure the scale, it tells us weight - no data, status
> - error extended 114. Any thoughts on how to solve it with this particular
> scale ?
> We are using the Weightronix 6720 scale.
> Thanks.
> --
> GCI
You set up the OPOS driver using the Weight Scale Admin software from
Weightronix.  If you can retrieve the weight of an item, you're halfway home.
 Just give it an LDN (Logical Device Name) such as scale. Enter this in the
Register properties in RMS. You don't need to use the option to Configure

"gci1000" wrote:

> We are using RMS 2.0 and are trying to configure the scale to be recognize by
> the RMS software. The scale seems to installed correctly on its own, but the
> interaction to read the weight inside the RMS, does not work. Here are the
> details :
> When we use the weight scale admin, it gives a corect weight. But after when
> we go the Microsoft RMS and selection the option to configure Microsoft opos
> service objects to configure the scale, it tells us weight - no data, status
> - error extended 114. Any thoughts on how to solve it with this particular
> scale ?
> We are using the Weightronix 6720 scale.
> Thanks.
> --
> GCI
Thanks. I have follow your email and try to set up my scale. But it seem to
create some kind of conflict at login : when I enter my user id and password
into the pos it is saying access is denied. I then click ok and it allows me
to do work on pos. When I try to weigh something in pos it is giviing me
"hardware failure 703 ; the scale reported a general error " . It looks like
the scale is started to comunicate with rms but there is something that is
still missing. Please advise if you have any suggestions.

Thank you.
--
GCI

"Ron R." wrote:

> You set up the OPOS driver using the Weight Scale Admin software from
> Weightronix.  If you can retrieve the weight of an item, you're halfway home.
>  Just give it an LDN (Logical Device Name) such as scale. Enter this in the
> Register properties in RMS. You don't need to use the option to Configure
> Microsoft OPOS Service Objects.
>
> "gci1000" wrote:
>
> > We are using RMS 2.0 and are trying to configure the scale to be recognize by
> > the RMS software. The scale seems to installed correctly on its own, but the
> > interaction to read the weight inside the RMS, does not work. Here are the
> > details :
> > When we use the weight scale admin, it gives a corect weight. But after when
> > we go the Microsoft RMS and selection the option to configure Microsoft opos
> > service objects to configure the scale, it tells us weight - no data, status
> > - error extended 114. Any thoughts on how to solve it with this particular
> > scale ?
> > We are using the Weightronix 6720 scale.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > GCI

SOAP Server Application Faulted 08-10-04

laptop power problem 05-16-10
I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as if the battery was low but the icon said it was charging. It remained at 2% and never rose up to full charge. When I take it off mains power the screen brightens up like it was fully charged but i get a message saing i should switch to mains outlet as the power was low. Any body any ideas what is going wrong. I tried another power adaptor but still the same result. On 5/16/2010 11:18 AM, dessie wrote: > I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as > if the battery was...

SHARED CALENDARS CONFIGURATION
Hi. I want to kown if I can predetermine in outlook or in exchange that when a user starts outlook, all users shared calendars will be abaliable in calendars of other people, and don't have to add one by one. Tanks. Agreed. Is there any way to pre-populate a shared calendar for everyone on a particular Exchange server? For example, everyone would have the "1st Floor Conference Room" public folder calendar added to their "Other Calendars"list in Outlook. Is this possible? "JP" wrote: > Hi. I want to kown if I can predetermine in outlook or in exch...

import scale weight into Access using USB connection
Is it possible to get Access to autopopulate the weight field through a USB connection? "walkbyfaith7" <walkbyfaith7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DE1230D-E624-4490-9361-5833353AA347@microsoft.com...> Is it possible to get Access to autopopulate the weight field through a > USB> connection?Probably, but you'll need something to read the output from the device. I have used barcode readers which fill a textbox. I have also used digital measuring devices which fill textboxes. Anything which claims to fill and Excel spreadsheet cell, will often work...

Outlook configuration problem
Hello I have imaged computers for my company and the default applications include MS Office 2002 on Windows XP SP1. When I try to open Outlook having logged on as a new user I get an installation profile fault stating that Outlook cannot find a users pst file. E.G cannot find documents and setting/username/ ...

Prices and price History Not Updating
I've been a Money user since 1997. I've seen problems like this come and go. However, for yesterday and today, the share prices for stocks and mutual funds seem to not be changing although the daily price change between yesterday and today shows just fine. Also, no updates are being recorded in the price history for any symbols. Any thoughts? Odd, I use MS Money 2003 and I get the price changes and the percentage changes, but no "Today's Total Change" for mutual funds, although it will show for stocks. The market value amount at the bottom of the page registers co...

contact list 05-06-10
I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. How do I get it back??? Whew !! Found it by going to tools/options/connections/ .... stop signing in Now how do I upload my contact list to Windows Live so that I can take advantage of syncronizing lists? And re add my hotmail ID to WLM. "Stephen" wrote: > I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. > How do I get it back??? Export your contact list to a CSV file in WLM. - Contacts/File/Export Using Internet Explorer logon to Windows Live(usin...

Dividing All My Spreadsheet Entries By 10
Whenever I enter a figure into a cell in a spreadsheet it automatically divides the number I enterd by 10. How do I stop this please. I have tried re-installing and tried "Detect and Repair" - any idesa please. Hi David! Try: Tools > Options > Edit Remove check from "Fixed decimal places" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. David, Type 10 in a free cell, go Edit > Copy or Ctl+C, then select the area you want to ...

excel 03-28-10
when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar is gray & most wont work Forgive me but have you hit the enter key? -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "randall" wrote: > when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar > is gray & most wont work ...

if function 01-19-10
in A1,A2 and A3 i have the salesperson name, in B1,B2 and B3 i have the sales person employee number. in A7 i have to input the sales person number and i would like their name to atuomatically show up on B7, i was thinking that if a used the If function i could achieve this please help asap thanks On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:50:02 -0800, Pinnacle Accounting <Pinnacle Accounting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >in A1,A2 and A3 i have the salesperson name, in B1,B2 and B3 i have the sales >person employee number. > >in A7 i have to input the sales person...

Security Log 20 meg after 10 days
The security log on the exchage server 2003 with windows 2003 sp1 seems to fill upvery fast. Is this normal? we seem to have several failure and success entries whenever certain internal,primarily win98 clients, log in for email regards CR On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:30:12 -0500, "NewsGr" <Ciava@nospam.net> wrote: >The security log on the exchage server 2003 with windows 2003 sp1 seems to >fill upvery fast. Is this normal? >we seem to have several failure and success entries whenever certain >internal,primarily win98 clients, log in for email > >reg...

SQL 2005 Express configuration for RMS 2.0
I found this to be VERY helpful and today was the first time that I'd seen it... We have been having problems with some of our stores throwing errors in RMS and wanted to make sure that SQL was at least configured correctly, so here's what they have to say about that: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$932078&wa=wsignin1.0 ...

Outlook 2003
Hi there, I have been met with some success regarding the configuration of this new feature, however, I seem to be hit with some niggling problem... I have used both the 'Beta' and release versions of Outlook11, and I find that when changing the settings for the mail profile, I sometimes find that the "Exchange over the internet" feature is greyed out (Beta) or just invisible (Release Cand.) On a fresh install on a new box however, I did manage to get this feature to work, though have been unable to replicate this since. Can someone please let me know the requirements/pre-r...

Change of operating system in GP 10.0
Hi, I have a deployment of Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 in Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any consideration that I should consider in order to upgrade to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition? Thanks in advance. -- Ariel Andrés Quesada MSc Systems Engineering, MCBMSP CRM 4.0 MCTS: TFS, MOSS 2007,Forefront, Project 2007, ..NET 2.0: Web/Win Apps, SQL Svr 2005 MCSD, MCSE, MCT None! Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com &quo...

scaling grouped objects
I have a few shapes and text boxes grouped together in Visio 2002. I wish to scale the group (and it's layout) proportionately. When I chech the "aspect ratio" box and scale only the shapes grow proportionately, not the text. Is there a work around? Regards, -- Bruce You have to enter shapesheet formulas to get text to grow, OR use a metafile version of your shapes. Metafile versions are 'dumb-picture' versions of your shapes. (Copy, Edit > Paste Specail > ...as metafile), which you can't edit or format very easily. But the text stretches on metafiles....

configuring Exchange to accept SMTP connections
hi folks, We have one Exchange 2003 server which is behind our firewall. This relays to a sendmail SMTP server located in the DMZ. How can I configure Exchange to only make connections (and rejecting all other SMTP connections) to this sendmail smtp server, thus securing it ? Thanks, chrism. I guess you have just opened up the SMTP port on the firewall... allowing any traffic on that port to pass through? A better way would be actually put a rule on the firewall that specifies to only allow SMTP traffic to the sendmail machine's IP. The exact procedure to do this would depend on...

Mailbox Management #10
I have a recipient policy that runs every evening on my E2.3 SP2 server with 825 users. It deletes all mail over 30 days from the Deleted Items and Sent Items folder. It is scheduled to run 4 hours. In my previous job I had the same type of policy. What I have noticed is that either the policy does not dlete the mail as specified or it does not run through every mailbox. My current policy only runs against 189 mailboxes - it was 190 two days ago and about a week or so ago it ran through all of them. Does anyone have any idea why 1) the mailbox management policy nevers works corr...

How to scale the y- and z-axis of a 3-D Column diagram
Hi everybody, I have a set of data, which is ordered by date and strike and show the specific risk at that strike and date. I want to visualise these risk matrix, to see the difference in time and strike (values from 0% - 200%) and the y-axis should indicate the amount of risk in USD. My problem is, that the difference between every date and strike is treated as equal, so I dont see directly if there is one day or one year between two dates. How can I scale all three axis in an 3-D column diagram, usually it's treated just in equal steps as in the sheet like labels not like numbers...

Activity Customization 09-05-04
Hi, Is it possible to modify the activity form and the associated views? I couldn't see any way of doing it through the System Customisations. Thanks, Matt "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e0wpQP0kEHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to modify the activity form and the associated views? I > couldn't see any way of doing it through the System Customisations. Hello Matt, There is an unsupported way to customize the activity views: Just type for the "My Activities view" the following URL in your...

Scale OPOS Driver CAS PD1
Where i can get a OPOS driver for scale CAS PD-1? WWW.CAS-USA.COM EDWI wrote: Scale OPOS Driver CAS PD1 09-Dec-06 Where i can get a OPOS driver for scale CAS PD-1? Previous Posts In This Thread: On Saturday, December 09, 2006 4:32 PM EDWI wrote: Scale OPOS Driver CAS PD1 Where i can get a OPOS driver for scale CAS PD-1? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice LINQ With Strings http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/03afdcf3-7b60-47db-adb9-db7fe2c6ab8c/linq-with-strings.aspx On May 29, 3:20=A0am, gajan wrote: > WWW.CAS-USA.C...

Even chart scales for varying data concentration & labelling stuff
I have the cost of an item and the period/fiscal year it was sold in, in a table: P/year Cost 1/2005 32 1/2005 23 2/2005 23 3/2005 12 3/2005 32 3/2005 25 7/2005 64 How do I plot a bar chart (period/year is on on the x-axis, cost is on the y-axis) so that the period widths are equal in length on the x-axis scale independent of the number of units sold in that period. Also how can I make the x-scale look more elegant i.e have one label for each period (this is for period widths of equal length and also the defualt period widths proportional to the amount of data i.e. units sold). Tha...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

How do I create fee structured sliding scale?
I need a sliding scale with formulas created to be both functional and aesthetic. The parameters are: For incomes $50,000 and below in $10,000 increments From 1 - 3 dependents To be structured around two services fees: $4,500 and $5,500 Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Create Function in SQL Server http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f1dcd79b-b593-4b53-9251-d0c5c1eafe94/create-function-in-sql-se.aspx You didn't specify the relationships. But it looks stepped, not sliding with 15 values, with the bottom 4,500 and the top at ...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

Convert Leads 04-26-04
Is there a chance to convert Leads without a C#-Project? In the SDK I don't find a method to do this. Can anybody help me? you mean convert to opportunity...i took a dig through the sdk and only found a method for the lead class which allows you to qualify a lead but it appears only to mark the leads as qualified rather than create an opportunity etc. "Rainer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c42b7f$a7bb2fc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a chance to convert Leads without a C#-Project? > In the SDK I don't find a method to do ...