Collecting additional sale information in custom tables

Hi there

I'm current developing an addon for RMS that requires extra information to
be collected for certain items in a sale, namely, a job number and a cost. I
have created my own TransactionEntry table, called myTransactionEntry, which
links to the RMS TransactionEntry table using the ID field. I'm hooking the
AddItem method to collect the extra info with my own form and storing the
info in a Session variable until the PrintReceipt hook fires upon which I
write the values into my Table. The Transaction.Entries(n).PostID gives me
the key to link the tables.

My problem is that I would like to persist the extra information into my
table when the user puts the transaction on hold and then recalls it later. I
can't see where to hook into the program to do this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nothing fires when a transaction is put on hold.  The first event after you
enter the Transaction Comment is "Initialize Transaction" - I don't know if
the Session variables are cleared before or after this event.  I think your
only option is to write an add-in that replaces the Transaction Hold
function and is called from a custom POS Button.

You might want to change your work flow so that the data is collected on
TenderBegin or TenderEnd rather than AddItem

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Steve Littman" <SteveLittman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> I'm current developing an addon for RMS that requires extra information to
> be collected for certain items in a sale, namely, a job number and a cost.
> have created my own TransactionEntry table, called myTransactionEntry,
> which
> links to the RMS TransactionEntry table using the ID field. I'm hooking
> the
> AddItem method to collect the extra info with my own form and storing the
> info in a Session variable until the PrintReceipt hook fires upon which I
> write the values into my Table. The Transaction.Entries(n).PostID gives me
> the key to link the tables.
>
> My problem is that I would like to persist the extra information into my
> table when the user puts the transaction on hold and then recalls it
> later. I
> can't see where to hook into the program to do this.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

0
glenn1806 (721)
9/19/2005 8:56:42 PM
Thanks for the ideas Glenn...a bit more work but feasible.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Nothing fires when a transaction is put on hold.  The first event after you
> enter the Transaction Comment is "Initialize Transaction" - I don't know if
> the Session variables are cleared before or after this event.  I think your
> only option is to write an add-in that replaces the Transaction Hold
> function and is called from a custom POS Button.
>
> You might want to change your work flow so that the data is collected on
> TenderBegin or TenderEnd rather than AddItem
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Steve Littman" <SteveLittman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there
> >
> > I'm current developing an addon for RMS that requires extra information to
> > be collected for certain items in a sale, namely, a job number and a cost.
> > have created my own TransactionEntry table, called myTransactionEntry,
> > which
> > links to the RMS TransactionEntry table using the ID field. I'm hooking
> > the
> > AddItem method to collect the extra info with my own form and storing the
> > info in a Session variable until the PrintReceipt hook fires upon which I
> > write the values into my Table. The Transaction.Entries(n).PostID gives me
> > the key to link the tables.
> >
> > My problem is that I would like to persist the extra information into my
> > table when the user puts the transaction on hold and then recalls it
> > later. I
> > can't see where to hook into the program to do this.
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steve:
Would you be willing to share your approach with me? I also collect
additional data at the time of the sale, nsamely some additional detail about
the customer. I use a the transaction details and comments fields (per line
item) and a SQL Server trigger on the transactionentry table to move data
over to my table. Any chance of seeing some code that you have used in your
approach?
Thanks in advance...
Rob

"Steve Littman" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm current developing an addon for RMS that requires extra information to
> be collected for certain items in a sale, namely, a job number and a cost. I
> have created my own TransactionEntry table, called myTransactionEntry, which
> links to the RMS TransactionEntry table using the ID field. I'm hooking the
> AddItem method to collect the extra info with my own form and storing the
> info in a Session variable until the PrintReceipt hook fires upon which I
> write the values into my Table. The Transaction.Entries(n).PostID gives me
> the key to link the tables.
>
> My problem is that I would like to persist the extra information into my
> table when the user puts the transaction on hold and then recalls it later. I
> can't see where to hook into the program to do this.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
Rob3660 (422)

Exchange 2003 How to create custom welcome message for new users ?
Is it possible to make exchange 2003 automaticlly send new e-mail message for a new mailbox created ? It would be e-mail with Word attachment ( Instructions how to use computers and etc. ) On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:17:55 +0200, "Salas" <salas@freemail.lt> wrote: >Is it possible to make exchange 2003 automaticlly send new e-mail message >for a new mailbox created ? It would be e-mail with Word attachment ( >Instructions how to use computers and etc. ) > > Sure, script something. Unfortuantely, you can not customize the welcome message in Outlook 2003 as ...

Use forms to append table
I have three forms. frm_Login, frm_FS_Driver, and frm_Trade_Driver. A cashier logs in using frm_Login, which contains several identifying entries using textboxes, then uses either frm_FS_Driver or frm_Trade_Driver to enter the days receipts for each driver that comes to her window. The driver can be either FS or Trade, not both. I want to create append queries for each type of driver so that the combined entries from the frm_Login and either the frm_FS_Driver or frm_Trade_Driver create 1 record in my tbl_Master_Data. I don't want to create one form with a login for each driver be...

Transparent toolbar in custom drawn window
Hello! I need some help with this: I created a toolbar as a child of my dialog, set the toolbar style to TBSTYLE_TRANSPARENT but the problem is that my dialog's backgroun is custom painted(I fill it with a user-defined color) so the backgroun of the toolbar doesn't apear transparent. My question: Is there a way to change the toolbar's backgroun color to mach my dialog's color. What I'm trying to create is a toolbar like the one in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in Windows XP. Thanks! ...

custom keyboard cursor
Env: XP, VC++6.00 In my CScrollView based app, both the mouse cursor and the keyboard cursor need to be showed. I hope the mouse cursor is a normal one and the keyboard cursor is customized, for example a long cross. I wonder if I need to make a DLL or OCX to create the long cross. I would very much appreciate being offered a sample source. ou "ou" <ou07@ab.auone-net.jp> wrote in message news:uz9AzDq1IHA.4164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > In my CScrollView based app, both the mouse cursor and the keyboard cursor > need to be showed. I hope the mouse cursor is a n...

Read Only Tables
Is there such a thing as a simple way to make a table read only? We have been using a table to input data onto a simple database. It has grown and we are now going to input onto a form. To avoid users trying to input on the table by accident, can I make the table read only or even get a message to flash up to remind users to use the form if they try and open the table? I don't know how security works in Access 2007, but in previous versions you would use user-level security, which is reasonably effective, but is not simple to implement. The simplest thing you can do, I think, is...

Can I change the default for custom filters?
"Custom filte" always begins with "Show rows where <field name> EQUALS ..." I almost always use CONTAINS. Can I change the default so that it'll automatically display CONTAINS as the starting criterion? If so, how? I'm in Mac OS 10.4.7. Thanks. You can't change it the wintel version. But you can fool it. Say you want to check to see if the value contains cbry. Use Equals and *cbry* surround your value with asterisks to get the equivalent of Contains Leading asterisk (*cbry) is the same as ends with trailing asterisk (cbry*) is the same as begins ...

Multiple Tables for Lookup
I have created one table for looking up vehicle registrations in full: row 2 shows abrviations for registration number and row 3 shows full registration number and telephone number for that vehicle. This table is called reg row 4 shows initials and row 5 shows full name and telephone contact number This table is called driver i then entered in cell C3 and downwards vehicle registration abreviations and in the next column entered =LOOKUP(C3,reg) this worked ok and copied it don the column I then entered in cell F3 and downwards drivers initials and in the next column entered =LOOKUP(F3,driv...

Service: Limiting search of contacts to selected Customer
Hi, I have to first state that I'm pretty much a newbie, and your help is much appreciated. I am implementing the Case entity and I understand that Customer can be either a Account or Contact. I would like the user to select the account, and then go to another field and select the contacts from a list filtered with only the contacts related that account. How would I go about restricting the contact list to only be Contacts from that account? Thanks ...

"Customize Classic Start Menu" [Clear] freezes...
XP Home SP3+ The "Customize Classic Start Menu" window, when I click the [Clear] button, to clear the list of recently accessed documents, causes that menu box to stop responding, and I end up clicking the top right x and then clicking the "End Now" button, and then the Desktop reloads. I've tried two registry fixes from Kelly's corner which didn't fix it, "Start Button and Taskbar repair," and re-registered the *.dll's for explorer .exe ...and I ran a shell repair ...no go ! Have been trying all day to track down the source ...

Sales per dealer code
I have a list of all sales made by our dealers. Each dealer has an individual dealer code. I need to count how many sales each dealer has made and so need to count how many times each dealer code appears in my list. Is there a quick and easy way of doing this - my list has over 15,000 entries, comprising of hundreds of dealer codes!! Hi Tray............ Maybe take a look at Data > Subtotals.........you can count, sum, etc........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Tray" <Tray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACED5685-7A30-4FA0-914B-2E2AEFBBEC94@microsof...

Pivot table hierarchical dimension expansion #2
Hi, I use Excel 2007 pivot tables to extract data from a MS Analysis Server OLAP cube, which works perfectly fine. This OLAP cube has a hierarchical date dimension specified: Year - Quarter - Month. Earlier this week I setup a pivot table in which I compared full year 2007 versus Q1-Q3 2008, without expanding this date dimension to its quarters. Only the years were shown. Expansion to quarters and subsequent collapse to years, did keep the selection of the first three quarters in tact. A few days later I connected to exactly the same OLAP cube data source, without any alterations being made...

Customer Properties:Purchase History should be Purchase/Order Hist
It would be nice if a customers open orders (work/back/layaway) were readily available for review from the Customer Properties form. The simplest method, to me, would be to rename the Purchase History tab Purchase/Order History and to include open orders (or even have a switch to show all orders - open/partial/closed) in the list. Just an idea... Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote...

Changing Total Sales in Customer Properties
Is there a way to adjust a customers total sales in their customer properties under puchase history? We are using the customers total sales to run a customer appreciation program (without paying for additional software) and one customer has made some significant purchases in the store but forgotten to put them onto their "account". Now the total sales needs to be adjusted accordingly to show the real amount. Is this possible? Thank you. Easy ... run a SQL to do the trick. Something like: UPDATE CUSTOMER SET TOTALSALES = 129.00 WHERE ACCOUNTNUMBER = '9999999999' &quo...

pivot table problem.
Is anyone using Course Technology Excel 2002 text book by parsons, Oja, Ageloff and Carey? I have a problem with one of the cases and really don't know where to turn. PLerase reply if you can help. never mind. Plus sorry about my spelling. "Bolo" <s@bellsouth.net.nospam> wrote in message news:02Zcd.1223$mn5.547@bignews5.bellsouth.net... > Is anyone using Course Technology Excel 2002 text book by parsons, Oja, > Ageloff and Carey? I have a problem with one of the cases and really don't > know where to turn. PLerase reply if you can help. > > ...

Checks not Posint to AccountReceivable Table in HQ
Hello - I have a situation where checks are not posting as payments in the accountreceivable table in HQ. The customer table however shows a value for storeid for those that do not post whereas those that do post, from a different store, have value of 0. The stores where I have this problem were standalone stores at one time before becoming global. Any ideas? Thanks, Phil ...

Sorting Tables in Order
Greetings all, I would love some advice/pointers on the following problem please! Our users use a Word Document to record Contact Session details, each contact session takes place on a different day and various detail about these sessions are recorded in a table. For every new session that takes place a new table within the document is created. Within this document, I have previously created a macro which will automatically create a new table and format it as with specific questions for the end user to complete. Within this automatically created table is an ActiveX DTpic...

Pivot table subtotals help needed
Dear all, I have the following details data: month week_start_date profit_or_loss : signed amount pl : "profit" if above > 0, "loss" if above < 0 sector I have created a pivot table with month, week_start and pl as column fields sector as row field profit_or_loss as data field So, for instance, for the month of april I get the following APRIL APRIL Total 01-04 05-04 12-04 profit loss profit loss profit loss 10 0 5 -2 3 1 17 I'd need to have in the *Month Total*...

Add a new column to a table that requires a calculation.
I have a table that I have added a new column to (Projected End Date). I need to autopopulate this column based on data in two existing columns. (Start Date), and (Length). So all records would populate with Start Date + Length = Projected End Date. I already created a form that calculates this value when a NEW record is created and then writes to the column, but how can I get the OLD existing data on the table to populate the new column. I imagine I may be able to do it with an Update query, but I am not sure how since I would need it to not just find records, but calculate results and...

importing information from excel
I just downloaded the Deluxe Money trial and would like to import my previous checking info which is stored in an excel file. I do not see how to do this when looking at the import options. Has anybody done this successfully and if so what are the steps? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. There is no "simple way" to do this. "jan.paris" <janparis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:673CAB31-770A-4556-8773-2FA4FC9DE9DB@microsoft.com... > I just downloaded the Deluxe Money trial and would like to import my > previous > checking info whic...

Sales Forecast & Calculated Field
The sales manager has requested the following: We have removed all forecast data not tied to a formal proposal from the Opportunity entity and created a new entity called "Sales Forecast." This holds the $$ amount the sales executive hopes to earn from an account in a year. The sales forecast is parented by an Account. At the beginning of the year, the sales exec enters a baseline forecast amount for that account. Each month, the sales executive updates the sales forecast by entering the amount changed each month. It could be negative or positive. They want a field that sho...

Exchange 2003 additional mailboxes in Outlook
We just moved our mailboxes over from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Now administrators ( Domain_Admins ) cannot go into their outlook and add additional mailboxes. We get a message that states "Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The operation failed." What are some possible causes of the loss of privilege? Security looks like its okay for domain_admins. Thanks, Andrew By default, Domain admins are denied send as and receive as permissions, which should be preventing them from openning other mailboxes. Teo "Andrew Jones" wrote: ...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

Pivot Tables Cumulative Percentages
Is is possible to have cumulative percentages in pivot tables? If so, how? ...

text overflow in tables
I am trying to create a small brochure in publisher 2003. I am making a list of items and when the list gets too long, the table just overflows beyond the page size, so my question is: "How can I connect the table on one page with the table on the other page so that the excess text from one table just flows into the table on the other page?" thanx in advance You can't... Word is good at this procedure. Perhaps a smaller font? You can keep on filling in the cells, when you are finished, create a table on the second page, copy the text in the excess cells and paste into the ...

How can I export a custom dictionary from Word 2003 to Word 2007?
Is there a way to export the custom distionary, including autocorrect entries, from Word 2003 to Word 2007? In previous versions of Office, I was able to locate a file that contained the entries I'd created. Being able to save those entries and import them into a new version saved hours of work. I now have to upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and haven't been able to find anything that suggests how to do that. I'm hoping someone knows how to avoid repeating thousands of keystrokes. ...