Cognitive Advantage LX thermal label printer problems

My thermal label printer prints labels that aren't very dark to begin
with and rapidly fade. I tried new label stock, and I've tried cleaning
the print head. No luck.

A tech from Cognitive walked me through some steps to troubleshoot, but
MSRMS uses a "generic label driver" which doesn't have the same darkness
controls Cognitive's driver has. Is there any way to get MSRMS to use
Cognitive's driver (that doesn't suck)?!

Thanks!

- Larry
OlyBikes
360-753-7525
1
olybikes (83)
2/17/2011 8:50:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Feb 17, 3:50=A0pm, OlyBikes <olybi...@olybikes.com> wrote:
> My thermal label printer prints labels that aren't very dark to begin
> with and rapidly fade. I tried new label stock, and I've tried cleaning
> the print head. No luck.
>
> A tech from Cognitive walked me through some steps to troubleshoot, but
> MSRMS uses a "generic label driver" which doesn't have the same darkness
> controls Cognitive's driver has. Is there any way to get MSRMS to use
> Cognitive's driver (that doesn't suck)?!
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Larry
> OlyBikes
> 360-753-7525

Larry
We use the thermal transfer from Cognitive AdvantageLX; it the best.
Black ribbon to produce durable, long-lasting.
Direct thermal media is more for UPS labels or single use labels. We
tested do in out environment for about month and noticed the
differences.
Read link
http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/index/resource_library/faqs/thermal.htm=
Thanks for your reply.

The odd thing is that my printer used to work just fine -- labels would
last a while -- I do have fluorescent bulb lights fairly close to
merchandise due to the drop ceilings in my store and a decent amount of
natural light through windows. Still, the poor quality now coming out of
my printer and the very short life of the barcodes makes me think the
darkness needs to be "turned up".

A Cognitive tech had me enter some codes into the printer (sorry, I
forget how) which made _the first label after the machine is turned on_
look MUCH better. All subsequent labels look bad.

Help!!

On 2/18/2011 5:12 AM, Jason wrote:
> On Feb 17, 3:50 pm, OlyBikes<olybi...@olybikes.com>  wrote:
>> My thermal label printer prints labels that aren't very dark to begin
>> with and rapidly fade. I tried new label stock, and I've tried cleaning
>> the print head. No luck.
>>
>> A tech from Cognitive walked me through some steps to troubleshoot, but
>> MSRMS uses a "generic label driver" which doesn't have the same darkness
>> controls Cognitive's driver has. Is there any way to get MSRMS to use
>> Cognitive's driver (that doesn't suck)?!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Larry
>> OlyBikes
>> 360-753-7525
>
> Larry
> We use the thermal transfer from Cognitive AdvantageLX; it the best.
> Black ribbon to produce durable, long-lasting.
> Direct thermal media is more for UPS labels or single use labels. We
> tested do in out environment for about month and noticed the
> differences.
> Read link
> http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/index/resource_library/faqs/thermal.html

0
olybikes (83)

problem installing CRM 3.0
Hello I just finished a successful installation of MS CRM 3.0. Did I say succesful ??? I received a positive message from the installation wizard telling me that MS CRM installed successfully. Nevertheless, when I open the homepage of MS CRM 3.0 I do not have the SALES and MARKETING module. Only the SERVICES and MY WORKPLACE modules are available on the left side of the page !! Please advise... If you logged in with the user that installed CRM, go to Settings, Users and uncheck Restricted User Access. "Guchy" <Guchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E1...

Uninstall SP1 to fix RPC latency problems?
After installing SP1 I've had major latency issues. It shows in the performance counters. I know it's specific to SP1 because it's the only change, and I even totally disabled all my A/V products. No better. Can SP1 be removed? Has anyone done it with success? Or better yet, does anyone know how I fix these horrible SP1 caused RPC issues. I'm not experiencing any SP1 caused RC issues, so not sure how one would fix them.... How are you determining there are latency issues? Have you followed the steps described here? http://blogs.msdn.com/gerod_serafin/archive/2004/03/04...

Auto Update Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been trying to update my Office 2008 Student and Home edition. I have tried within the different softwares and by manually downloading the updates. I currently have version 12.0. The updates download properly, then I start the installation process. I get the following: Installing Office SP1 Update Running Auto Update Installer Script No matter how long I leave the computer - it never moves beyond 1 bar - the longest I left it was 5 hours. I have 3 updates I have to do 12.1, 12.11 and 12.12. Can you please ass...

NDR transmission problem
Hi, I'm working on a problem with an Exchange 2000 machine that has an odd behaviour: it will not send out an NDR. I have checked the settings, and NDRs should leave the server without any problem. I enabled message tracking and extensive logging to see what was happening, and it appears the NDRs get dropped in the BadMail folder as the message cannot be delivered. The Application log tells me this is the problem: SMTP GetNextHop returned hr=0x80070005 in 0ms. DestAddr=<domain.net> DestType=<SMTP> MsgType=0x8 and The domain 'domain.net' is unreachable. Howe...

simple range problem
what am i doing wrong dim myRange as Range dim iNum as integer iNum= 6 Set myRange = Cells(iNum + 2, 1) myRange.Value = 34 trying to set a cell myRange to cell(8,1) then putting the value 34 into the cell I just tested with xl2002 and it worked fine but why not just cells(inum+2,1)=34 or cells(8,1)=34 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "cantonarv" <arvindev@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132661208.982429.309000@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > what am i doing wrong > > dim myRange as Range > dim iNum as integer > iNum= 6 > > Set m...

Problem Attaching File to Email
I have setup email, using CDO, in a database. I have incorporated www.lebans.com's code for creating a PDF. However, when I configure my CDO.Message object, I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method. Error Number 438" Here is the offending code. It is the .AddAttachment property. With iMsg .To = gblEmail1 .From = gblEmailFrom .BCC = gblEmailBCC .Subject = gblEmailSubject .Sender = gblEmailReply .ReplyTo = gblEmailReply .HTMLBody = gblEmailBody .AddAttachment = "c:\tsw\...

Send/Receive Problem #2
When sending mail in Outlook 2002, it is not automatically sent out, not do I automatically receive mail. Where is the auto send/receive option located? Thanks in advance for any help. Dotti Tools->Send/Receive->Send Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive groups. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dotti <dottib@iohi.com> asked: | When sending mail in Outlook 2002, it is not | automatically sent out, not do I automatically receive | mail. Where is the au...

Outlook Task problem
I'm getting the following message when trying to create a new task: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. In addition, I get the same error message on some of my existing tasks (when trying to update), however others work fine. I'm running XP pro and Outlook 2000. Thanks, Steve ...

font problem in Chinese/Japanese Windows
Hi, We are a commercial software firm, and have been using MFC platform for years. Since last year, we have been bothered by the application package dialog box got stray/oversize/chopped text display in Chinese and Japanese Windows (mainly XP). Our application runs fine on WinXP/Vista in English Windows systems. Is there any quick way to fix this problem (such as using font substitution ?) Thanks Ted You could try to use a different font better suited to those characters using this technique: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms903933.aspx Tom "Ted" <NOSPAM...

Move mailbox problem #2
Hi We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile. They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete it or should I do something else? Cheers Mike "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have >one mb w...

Slight problem automating Excel in a service
I hope someone can help me out here. I'm using VB.Net and VS .Net 2003 to write code that automates Excel 2003. Basically, a FileSystemWatcher object watches a folder and it's subfolders if a user desires. If an Excel generated HTM files is output to the folder(s), the FSW detects the creation of the file, loads it into Excel in the background (visible = false), and prints out the document. I wish I had a copy of the code to paste (forgot to bring some home with me). Basically, I let the program thread sleep for 1 second (to ensure the file is fully written out), I just creat...

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

Problem with collection classes
Hi, how do I synchronize (to XML using XmlSerializer) something to this: <Alignments name="Road Project"> <Alignment name="Centerline"> <CoordGeom> <Line staStart="0"> <Start>2000 6000</Start> <End>2186.841 6068.005</End> </Line> <Curve rot="cw" /> ... arbitrary number of Line's and Curve's ... in arbitrary order </CoordGeom> ... arbitrary number of CoordGeom's ... </Alignment> .... arbitrary number of Alignment...

MSPOS: Number of printers available
Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each register? I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Printing Problem
I've also posted this to the printing newsgroup, but I thought I'd post it here too in case anyone knows about this problem: I am having a problem printing spreadsheets in Excel. Every time I try to print, Excel reduces the printing area to the upper left hand quarter of the page, despite the fact that the print preview is the normal full page. All of my settings seem correct. Has anyone had this problem before. I would appreciate it if someone could email me a reply. OS: Windows XP Printer: HP Laserjet 1000, updated driver Thanks Unfortunately, that didn't work. Thanks for y...

Problem in Microsoft Outlook XP
When I click to reply or create or forward email, computer ask me this message "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be virus and you should choose No. I tried to scan virus with Mcafee Professional V8.0 but there is no virus detected. Anyone've got this problem before? How do I get rid of this warning? I believe this message is actually coming from Mcafee eventhough it doesn't look like it. For instance, with Mcafee installed I get that every time I try to syncrhonize with ...

PSet Problem
Some time ago (a couple of years ago I think?) I reported a problem with the GDI SetPixel function (and also with the VB Pset function which uses it) when Vista is not running in Aero. When Pset (or SetPixel) is used whilst Vista is not running in Aero then it fails to draw the pixel if bit 8 is set in the value you pass it for the X coordinate (the Y coordinate is okay in this respect). I've just tried it again and the problem is still not fixed (at least on the copies of Vista on my own two machines, both of which are up to date and one of which is an early version and one ...

printing labels in mailmerge wizard from excel doc.
Sorry. I was vague in my last e-mail. These are the steps I followed and where I go wrong: 1) open Word. 2) tools>Letters and mailings>mail merge wizard. 3)'Labels' radio button; scroll down to the bottom and click 'next: starting document'. 4)'Start from existing document' radio button, then I open the excel file I need. 5)It asks 'Entire workbook' so I scroll to the other option, which is my particular "Worksheet" then I open it. When it opens it's not in label format but I have faith and follow the steps anyway.6) I click 'next...

Problem when replying to an e-mail
I have 1 user in my organization whose Outlook 12 crashes sometimes when he replies to another e-mail. There is no rhyme or reason to when this happens that I can find. I have done a repair on his outlook, tried disabling all ADD-INS and some other things. Here are the errors I am getting in my event viewer: Application log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp 4a89dc70, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00194e6d. MS Office Diagnostics log: ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office Outloo...

Odd Excel Formula Problem
I am building a spreadsheet tool that pulls data from either another sheet or another workbook. In both cases, when I write my formulas, the seem to work initially, but at some point something happens and instead of displaying the result of the formula, they display the formula as text. For example: In Cell A1 I type =if($A$2=$A$3,1,0) initially it display's my desired result ("0"). Then, if I go in and try to unlock the cells to copy down and across the formula result changes to "=if($A$2=$A$3,1,0)" I have never seen this error and can't figure...

Problems #3
Ok i have never used outllook before so when i double click on Mircosoft Outlook 2003 it starts outlook and shows a screen up in the left hand corner with the title of "configuring outlook" ,then a main window saying "Connecting to Microsoft Exchange server" and the options of "Retry", "Work Offline", or "Cancel" and i tried all of them and they just close out of Outlook when i press any of those options, so will someone please help me with this i would love to get this fixed and use outlook 2003. Please do not multipost. See your r...

Problem of Outlook after Reinstalling Outlook.exe
I recently reinstalled Office XP standard. When check send/receive I get a remark "OUTLOOK.EXE - NO DISK INSERT DISK INTO DRIVE A. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION THAT WILL FIX THIS. OUTLOOK APPEARS TO RUNNING OK. ...

Start label in middle of page
Hi Using labels for a laser printer I would like to instruct the report to start printing on a spesific row.. Reason, sometime you only print one or two rows. The next time that you print labels you must be able to instruct it on which row to start printing. Can it be done? Thanks Alfred On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "MultipleLabelsOffset.mdb" which illustrates one way to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Ema...

outlook problem #39
I am using outlook 2000+win xp. System stops responding and CPU goes to 100% when lauching Outlook. Can anyone please tell what could do this and how to solve it? thanks Ted Ted Wilson wrote: > I am using outlook 2000+win xp. System stops responding and CPU goes > to 100% when lauching Outlook. Can anyone please tell what could do > this and how to solve it? > > thanks > > Ted Have you tried this hotfix? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1E252CCF-452A-4313-A402-B50C4405580A&displaylang=en no it didn't work, the task manager shows ...

Outlook 2003 problem #12
I accidentally deleted my News button that I had set on my standard taskbar. This, of course, launched Outlook Express to read the newsgroups, but now, the button has disappeared... After I restarted Outlook, I found that the News button was at the top of the menus, in between the Go menu and Tools menu, yet when I click it, it launches windows explorer and OE. Anyone know how to get that button back, or is it gone forever? Thanks To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prom...