Changing text size

Hi,
 We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the
names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto
finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case.
 Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill.
I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note)

               Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis

0
info1139 (20)
12/17/2004 7:14:50 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is
happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable.  You
could enter a suggestion on Customer Source to make it optional.

You could use SQL to either run a query periodically to convert all the text
to All Caps, or to create a Trigger that changes it as soon as it's saved.
The Customer Properties screen is still going to fill it in mixed case, but
if you saved it and went into the properties after using SQL to update it,
it would show your new All Caps value.

Any updates done with SQL are dangerous - you should only consider this if
you are very comfortable with database programming.  Check with your
reseller for more information.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"MHPNW STAFF" <info@mobilehomepartsnw.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the
> names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database
> auto
> finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case.
> Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill.
> I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note)
>
>               Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis

0
glenn1806 (721)
12/22/2004 5:44:40 PM
Thanks  Glenn, I knew that you would have some advise that would help.

                                              Dennis
"Glenn Adams" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in message
> No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that
is
> happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable.
You
> could enter a suggestion on Customer Source to make it optional.
>
> You could use SQL to either run a query periodically to convert all the
text
> to All Caps, or to create a Trigger that changes it as soon as it's saved.
> The Customer Properties screen is still going to fill it in mixed case,
but
> if you saved it and went into the properties after using SQL to update it,
> it would show your new All Caps value.
>
> Any updates done with SQL are dangerous - you should only consider this if
> you are very comfortable with database programming.  Check with your
> reseller for more information.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "MHPNW STAFF" <info@mobilehomepartsnw.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the
> > names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database
> > auto
> > finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case.
> > Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill.
> > I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note)
> >
> >               Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis

0
info1139 (20)
12/22/2004 7:35:24 PM
Glen & Dennis,

Actually, RMS merely matches the ZIP code with a previously entered ZIP to
find the City/State.  The fact that it returns values in Mixed-Case
indicates that RMS found such a value among your existing customer
addresses.  If the FIRST time you enter a City/State/Zip combination you
enter the City/State in ALL CAPS, then subsequent entries of the ZIP should
return ALL CAPS.  At this point you would have to change ALL occurances of
the mixed case City/State entries to ALL CAPS to 'correct' the behavior.
However, once *all* the addresses are in ALL CAPS for a given ZIP, you
shouldn't see any returning in Mixed-Case when that ZIP is entered.

Happy New Year,
--
Tim Cooper [MSFT]

"Glenn Adams" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in message
> No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that
> is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable.
> You could enter a suggestion on Customer Source to make it optional.
>
> You could use SQL to either run a query periodically to convert all the
> text to All Caps, or to create a Trigger that changes it as soon as it's
> saved. The Customer Properties screen is still going to fill it in mixed
> case, but if you saved it and went into the properties after using SQL to
> update it, it would show your new All Caps value.
>
> Any updates done with SQL are dangerous - you should only consider this if
> you are very comfortable with database programming.  Check with your
> reseller for more information.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "MHPNW STAFF" <info@mobilehomepartsnw.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the
>> names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database
>> auto
>> finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case.
>> Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill.
>> I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note)
>>
>>               Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis

Paste Special Changes Content
Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Past Special, a group of rows within the same workbook. When I do, all the empty cells are populated with zeros. I am using Windows 200 and Office XP. Thanks in advance, Bill When you paste special|Links, you end up with a formula like: =x99 If x99 is empty, then excel will show a 0. But you can change your formula to look like this: =if(x99="","",x99) (if x99 is empty, then make the cell look empty, else just show what's in x99.) Bill wrote: > > Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Pas...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

no change pivot item.
i want to can not change pivotitems in the pivotfields. namely pivotitems restircted. How can I do in VBA? *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

Change Source Campaign on Invoice and Order
I need to change the Source Campaign on an Invoice and an Order but the field is locked. I tried to enable the field on the form but still cannot make changes. Any ideas beyond direct edit of DB? ...

POP server always changes to localhost
Hello, My outlook is having a wierd issue. I have three POP3 accounts set up to check email in Outlook. After some point in time, all three will stop functioning because in the E-mail accounts settings dialog my incoming mail server will get changed to localhost, and it fails to log in to box to pull my mail. It appends the POP3 server name to my user name which seems odd. So, to summarize, my Incoming mail server (POP3) field changes from it's usual value (something like mail.server.com) to localhost, and my mail server gets appended to my user name (something like username...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

Pivot Text
I know that excel is probably not the place to be doing this but..... I am wanting to create a matrix of information that is currently all in columns text. I have tried to use pivot tables but obviously whenever I drop text into the values area it is ecpecting a number. What can I use as an alternative Excel 2007 PivotTable With Text (and tricks) http://www.mediafire.com/file/yt1zy2nwgm0/12_11_09.xlsm http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_11_09.xlsm ...

Change bars color
Hello, I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is, to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage the color of the bar. I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables. any Ideias? -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each color, and use formulas to change on series ...

doc size limitations
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC why are doc sizes limited to printer settings? i like to do floor plans and can never do an entire floor, just room by room. if i shrink things to 1/4 of the original dimensions, zooming in just makes things less sharp. is there any way to enlarge my doc size that i'm not seeing and save it as a custom setting? <br><br>e.g., i want to do six rooms, including bath, in a 32'X28' area. i can work with these dimensions with in a 1:12 ratio, but i can't customize the paper size to, say, 35...

centering text box in a table cell
Trying to do a project. I am attempting to center a text box in a row of a particular table. If I put it inline, I can kind of get it centered, but, it stays to the left side in the cell, doing about 32 of them, and they are all the same, tried adjusting, but must be doing something wrong. Select the text box, click on the dog icon on the picture toolbar, click none. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Bruce" <notreally@idontwantoo.com> w...

Auditing form on record change
HI, I have a form with multiple fields that I want to track changes to. I was able to create a auditing trail when users click on particular buttons however if they dont click on the buttons the auditing does not occur. What I am wanting to do is to run the audit when a user changes to a new record. I have tried the "on current" and "before update" but they didnt work. Any suggestions? Take a look at what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...

File Size #5
I have a file I have been creating recently in Excel and the size of the file is just HUGE. It has about 10 tabs currently and it is about 3.6MB in size. I have also seen another excel file created by someone else that has 28 tabs (both files are training logs so the amount of data in his worksheets seems to be similar) but his file is only about 1.2MB in size. Are there any tips or tricks to reducing the size of a file? Thanks Jeff Hi Jeff! Here's a few tips. Others will no doubt add more. Delete unused rows and columns after the end of your data. Excel doesn't necessa...

Replacing ~ with text
i have a spreadsheet that gets delivered and some of the cells simply contain a "~". i want to replace the "~' with "N/A". however, when I use the Edit:Replace command, get a message back that says: "Microsoft Office Excel cannot find any data to replace. Check if your searc formatting and criteria are defined correctly. If you are sure that matching data exists in this workbook, it may be on a protected sheet. Excel cannot replace data on a protected worksheet." This worksheet is definitely NOT protected. Help! Hi ~ is a special character to Exc...

out account keeps changing
im having an odd problem with outlook express in windows 98 and xp home on computers sharing an internet connection. in accounts the incomping server keeps changing to localhost and the in username it keeps putting the incoming mail server after the username incoming mail server - localhost username -username/pop3.server.co.uk this is very odd as outlook runs fine on every other computer apart from at my office on the network This is due to your antivirus software, not Outlook. Either disable mail scanning or upgrade to an antivirus program that scans mail more efficiently. Most new prod...

Cannot change bank access password in Money 2006
My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2006, it will not accept the change, always reverting to the original password. I have previewed as many existing discussion threads and cannot find solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have Money 2005 and have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix for this? "JimB" wrote: > My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at > that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2...

Counting Lines of Text in TextBox
In a form, I have a text box in which memo text wraps. Is there any code that can count the number of lines of text that display in the textbox? My only workaround at this point is to use a non-proportional font like Courier, count the characters and divide by the number of characters that a line might contain. Unfortunately, this approach only gives me a rough estimate of the number of lines. And I'm stuck with Courier when I prefer Arial. Is there another way to count lines of text? Thanks. Jim Why? What will knowing the number of lines of text allow you to ...

How to associate combo box with text box
I have a combo box named comOCCode on frmContract form. The combo box lookup the O C codes from table tblOCCode. The tblOCCode has two fieldd, OCCode and OCType. I also have a txtOCType. The txtOCType display the O C Type associate with the O C Code selected in the comOCCode combo box. How do I associate the comOCCode combo box control to the txtOCType text control? Thus, what is the macro, or how do is change the property for the combo box and the text controls? Thanks RD Paul, If I understand your question, you want the text box txtOCType to show the OCType for whatever OCCode is...

report the date found in a cell of text
Hi, I'm trying to grab and use the dates from thousands of cells of text. I think I'm making this too complicated. My horrible formula, so far, sort of reports on dates that use "/" and I can tell I'm going in the wrong direction with it. There is very little consistency in the text length or date. I've been looking at this for too long. Does anyone have any advice, please? =IF(OR(RIGHT(MID(SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,SEARCH("/"&"*"&"/0", A1,1)+3,8),"0",""),1,7))="/",RIGHT(MID(SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,SEARCH(&quo...

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...