CCTV text insertion??

Is there anyone using text insertion from RMS? I need a way to insert text
most times this is done off receipt printer or off a com port. The reason i
dont like using a receipt funtion is rms dumps all the info at the end of the
transaction i would rather have it while the cashier is ringing up that item.
 I would use it as a pole display but not everything is sent to the pole
display. JUst wondering if anyone else was using text insertion on a rms
system. thanks for the help

0
DougPicNPac (141)
11/15/2006 4:34:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nope right now only way is printer.
"Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyone using text insertion from RMS? I need a way to insert text
> most times this is done off receipt printer or off a com port. The reason
> dont like using a receipt funtion is rms dumps all the info at the end of
> the
> transaction i would rather have it while the cashier is ringing up that
> item.
> I would use it as a pole display but not everything is sent to the pole
> display. JUst wondering if anyone else was using text insertion on a rms
> system. thanks for the help

0
Rick5747 (287)
11/15/2006 9:13:23 PM
Hello Doug,

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/solution/GV-POS_intro.htm

Follow this link and watch the video for "POS Video Text Overlay".  I
believe it will do what you require.  Also, I believe it has been tested
against either Quicksell or RMS.  Contact Geovision to be sure.

We do use Geovision Video Capture cards at our store (16 cameras) and we
have been quite pleased with the product.

James B.

"Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote:

> Is there anyone using text insertion from RMS? I need a way to insert text
> most times this is done off receipt printer or off a com port. The reason i
> dont like using a receipt funtion is rms dumps all the info at the end of the
> transaction i would rather have it while the cashier is ringing up that item.
>  I would use it as a pole display but not everything is sent to the pole
> display. JUst wondering if anyone else was using text insertion on a rms
> system. thanks for the help

0
JamesB (43)

Converting Text to Number in 2000
I have a spreadsheet that has a sum formula at the end of a column. Th problem is that the last 7 or 8 values being summed seem to be text. However, if you go to format cells they show up as numbers. In Offic XP you can simply click on the Green arrow in the upper left han corner and select convert to number. This fixes the problem and all i well. In 2000 this function is not available. Is there a way t convert these values without having to retype all the values in? Thanks Bdun -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select the cells. Give them a number format. Data/text to ...

How does text overflow work on added pages?
I reduced the size of the text boxes on 30 existing pages and added 10 additional pages to hold the remainder of the text. How do I get the text to overflow to these added pages? Link them Click on the box with the text, then on the icon that looks like a chain, it will turn into a puring pitcher. Click on the next text box you want to use. Keep going. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "lericks5" <lericks5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23349D52-F7B5-4A9D-A0D...

When Printing: Text comes out as jiberish
Hi All, When I print from visio 2007, all of the text prints as jiberish. I tried two different printers with PCL drivers; same results. Any help would be great. Thank you! Can you give a few more details? What are you trying to print and how is it coming out? Is this the first time printing from Visio? Do you have any language packs installed? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm "mikeg" <mikeg299@yahoo.com> wrote in ...

Text want wrap in text box

INSERT a Table (32 items) into another Table
Hi, I have a form with a subform. The subform is linked parent to child. The subform has a field that has a combo box. From the combo there are two choices. On the after update if the selcetion is equal too "INSERT ALL ITEMS - 32 LINES" the idea is to take the contents of a separate table line by line and insert into the subform / subtable. I Have the following code If Me!cboProject_Notes.Column(0) = "INSERT ALL CHOICES - 32 LINES" Then 'do the input from the table tblProjectNotes_Default Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(&q...

copying text frames
I realize that when I try to copy a connected text frame from multiple pages, the actual text doesn't get transferred, only the frame, as I have to copy one page at a time. Is there a way to do this? I need to copy my multiple- paged Publisher document into Microsoft Word. Select the Text Frame and go Ctrl+A so all the text is selected, then Ctrl+C to copy the text. That should copy all the text in the connected Text Frames. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Vlookup based on a unique "Text" occur
My vlookup range starts based on a unique "Text" occur once in a cell in B:B and end when the same occur once in a cell in A:A Within this target range of rows there are unique texts like text-1,text-2, text-3… and so on belongs to the "Text" and they are in A:A but unevenly spaced. I need vlookup values located in row of col C:C. Below is example. "Text" Text1 50 Text2 60 Text3 45 Text4 50 Text5 20 Text6 80 "Text" Thanks for any help to resolve this ...

Insert row with button
Is it possible to have a main workbook with information from other workbooks at each worksheet? I have 20 workbooks with information. I would like to haven a main workbook with on sheet1 every row from the 20workbooks with category1, on sheet2 every row from the 20workbooks with category2, etc, etc. The information in the 20workbooks in always only on sheet. The Colum in which the data is has no fix end. I go to fill in the rows trough a user-form and comes always under the last row. The mainsheet has to update every time it opens (and if possible a button on the sheet to update man...

text format? Not Really!
Why, when I make an entry into a form field bound to a table source that is Tex format, does it automatically calculate what I entered? I need to enter driver's licence numbers, and here, they have dashes in them, but instead of "1100-100", it will store "1000", calculating the first number *minus* the second number. I don't think I can use an input mask, because the numbers vary in size. Hi, I have made a new table with a text field, I type in 1100-100 and it stays as 1100-100. I can close the form and open it again and it is still showing 1100-100 Jeanet...

Insert Disc 5?
Hi. I've never used publisher on my home pc before (didn't really know it was here!) Anyway, anytime I try to open a template (for example, I'm trying to make table tents) I keep getting an error message "PLEASE INSERT THE CD TITLED: HOME PUBLISHER 2000: DESIGNS & ART, DISC 5" I don't have any home publisher discs - it came with my computer. I've tried reinstalling Microsoft Office 2000 Pro, but it didn't solve my problem. Suggestions? Do you have Microsoft Works Suite 2000? Or... Microsoft Home Publishing Suite 2000? That's where you will...

Excel keeps wrapping cells with text incl. alt/enter
I have a cell with multiple lines (alt/enter line breaks) in a standard row where word wrapping is disabled. So I see only the first line and that's how I want it. Now, when I edit this cell the word wrapping gets automatically enabled (checked box) and row height gets adjusted to fit the text. It seems alt/enter breaks auto enable the wrapping, but what I need visible is a clean one line row no matter what text I put in. Any solution/workaround? I'm on excel2000. thanks -- Peter -- higgs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ higgs's Profil...

inserting a row WITH any needed formulas
I made a check register sheet, with a formula placed in the 'balance' column that combines entries in the 'debit' or 'credit' columns to the running total in the cell above it for its new value. This, of course, is a popular spread sheet application (new for me, though). I generated the formulas in the 'balance' column by copying, so that relative cell addresses created going down the column. I ran into a problem when I tried to insert a new row in the sheet where an entry had been omitted. The new row had no formula in it. I had to unprotect the sheet, the...

insert symbol option greyed out in Publisher
I have a client using Publisher 2002 (from Office XP small Business edition) and he cannot access the insert symbol option. This always appears greyed out. Does anyone have an idea as to how this can be rectified? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from C Bayfield <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have a client using Publisher 2002 (from Office XP > small Business edition) and he cannot access the insert > symbol option. This always appears greyed out. Does the client have a text box selected (and the cursor in the text box) ...

Text box background color
I would like to change the background of a text box based on whether or not a corresponding record exists in another table. Is that possible? Tara wrote: >I would like to change the background of a text box based on whether or not a >corresponding record exists in another table. Is that possible? Probably. Without any more info than that, all I can say is to try modifying the form's record source query an outer join to the other table. Then you can pick up a field from the other table and test that for Null in Conditional formatting to display a different colo...

Inserting Recurring Numbers Excel
How do I insert a number in a form that I created? This number should increase by one (1) everytime I open the form? I am lost! Hi do you save this number somethere? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nettie" <Nettie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D720202E-0EA8-4551-A623-89D1D0865BB4@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a number in a form that I created? This number should > increase by one (1) everytime I open the form? I am lost! ...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Inserting a Check mark in an Excel Cell
I want tp place a check mark and an "X" inside cells for a comparative chart analysis. In Word I go to INSERT, Symbol and select, but how do you do it in excel? I don't want to use the x key but rather the one similar to the one found in symbol look up of Word. Thanks Hi G118! First change the font using Format > Cells > Font and select Wingdings from the drop down. With the Numlock on: Hold down Alt and type 0252. On releasing Alt it produces � An alternative is to change the font to Marlett and type lower case a. You can use similar approaches to inse...

Encoding options for plain text in Outlook
Could someone explain to me (and I have asked this several times already) why encoding options for plain text messages have been limited in Outlook 2002 and 2003? In Outlook 2000, one could choose plain text without encoding, with MIME quoted printable, MIME base64, or un. In Outlook 2002 and 2003 (which are supposed to be *new and improved* versions), these options disappear. I have read that for Outlook 2002 one can modify a registry setting. See here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278134. However, according to slipstick.com, setting the quoted printable encoding doe...

Convert multiple rows of text into columns...
I have rows of text and figures that I need to separate into columns. Excel 2003 will only let me do one row at a time. Is there an add-on that will allow me to convert multiple rows? Thanks. silas silas There are various methods.....worksheet functions or macros. If we had a representative sample of your data layout and what you want done with it we could make a better decision. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:32:23 -0600, "silas" <silas.NOSPAMprophet@gmail.com> wrote: >I have rows of text and figures that I need to separate into columns. Excel...

Formatting a text box for date entry only
Is there a way to format a text box on a user form to only allow date entries ie: mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy? Not really, but you can ensure it is a date, like so Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim fValid As Boolean fValid = False On Error GoTo ws_exit Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then With Target If IsNumeric(.Value) Then If IsDate(.Value) Then If Year(.Value) >= 1970 And Year(.Value) <= 2999 Then ...

Change text name based on file name
On my spreadsheet in cell A1 I have a text label containing the word "Department" What I want is when I save the file as Schedule 1 (Division).xls I want cell A1 change from "Department" to "Division" based upon what is within the parentheses in this example Any tips will be appreciated. Thank you. If I understand you, you want to return the portion of the wb's name that is within parentheses. If so, try this formula in cell A1. After doing a "Save As..." you will have to press F9 to update. Minimal testing: =MID(CELL("filename&quo...

How can I write in a text in a cell using numbers and the letters.
I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 is one fo them but when I try to enter another code it makes the code a formula and it changes to 5.11E+09 why is that? I tried changing it by formatting cells to text, but that doesn't change it. Waht can I do? Clear the data, change it to text, and then enter it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C474C50-E47D-43EB-A4F0-B4D21141E39F@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 i...

deleting lines on text boxes
I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How do I do this? If you mean the line *around* a text box:: Click inside the text box Right-click - select Format Text Box Colors and Lines Tab - under Lines|Color, make sure it says No Line Click OK -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Paul Rozewicz" <Paul Rozewicz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C89EDDA3-8F82-4F19-BA70-75FE82061B93@microsoft.com... >I do not want to print the lines in a text box in microsoft publisher. How > do I do this? ...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...