categories update in items table

I need to insert the ID from the categories and Department tables into the
Items table, can someone please let me know of the correct SQL to do this ?
Thank you
jm
0
JM (81)
8/30/2006 12:07:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0250_01C6CC2C.785E4870

JM,

How does one know what Department goes to which item?=20
How does one know what Category goes to which item?=20

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "jm" <jm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I need to insert the ID from the categories and Department tables into =
the=20
  Items table, can someone please let me know of the correct SQL to do =
this ?
  Thank you
  jm
------=_NextPart_000_0250_01C6CC2C.785E4870

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>JM,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>How does one know what Department goes to =
which item?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>How does one know what Category goes to which =
item?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"jm" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jm@discussions.microsoft.com">jm@discussions.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:14261D47-AA5D-4160-A182-5AB092F3DA2B@microsoft.com">news:142=
61D47-AA5D-4160-A182-5AB092F3DA2B@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  need to insert the ID from the categories and Department tables into =
the=20
  <BR>Items table, can someone please let me know of the correct SQL to =
do this=20
  ?<BR>Thank you<BR>jm</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0250_01C6CC2C.785E4870--

0
spam3944 (2163)
8/30/2006 7:04:39 PM
Hi Jeff
In the Category table I have  the ID, DepartmentID, Name, Code,  fields.
I have an Excell file that each item has the Code for each item that match
the code in the Category table

and I can say the same for the Departments.
So I have to figure a way to insert the category Id based on the code field
and the Department Id based on the Categorie Code as well
Thank you
for taking time
Jm

"Jeff" wrote:

> JM,
>
> How does one know what Department goes to which item?
> How does one know what Category goes to which item?
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "jm" <jm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14261D47-AA5D-4160-A182-5AB092F3DA2B@microsoft.com...
>   I need to insert the ID from the categories and Department tables into the
>   Items table, can someone please let me know of the correct SQL to do this ?
>   Thank you
>   jm
0
JM (81)
8/31/2006 10:28:01 AM
BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!

Then...

I believe the best way to do this will be to add a column in Excel to create
a SQL statement for each item. For example, assuming that in your Excel file
you have the item lookup code (Col A), description (Col B), category number
(Col C), department number (Col D)... add a column with a formula like this
(this formula goes in cell E2):

="UPDATE Item SET Category = "&C2&" WHERE ItemLookupCode =
"&CHAR(39)&A3&CHAR(39)

The result will look something like this:

UPDATE Item SET Category = 44 WHERE ItemLookupCode = '072845221313'

Copy this formula down next to each row. Then take the results in column E
an copy them. Go into MS Query or whatever program you are using, and paste
this into the Execute SQL box.

It might take some time to execute all of those UPDATE statements if you
have a lot of items. But as long as all of the ILC's exist in the SQL
database, you should not have a problem.

Notes:

-The ILC column in Excel should be formatted as text. Make sure you have not
dropped the leading zero in ILCs. If you used SQL/ODBC to get the data into
Excel, you shouldn't have a problem.
-The CHAR(39) part adds the single quote required around text fields, like
the ILC. You leave this out for numeric fields like Category and Department.
-You should probably do the Department first. I am not sure how RMS will
react if you enter a category with no department. I am also not sure how it
will react if the category you enter does not match the department you
enter. Use this at your own risk!

Good Luck!

Jason

> Hi Jeff
> In the Category table I have  the ID, DepartmentID, Name, Code,  fields.
> I have an Excell file that each item has the Code for each item that match
> the code in the Category table
>
> and I can say the same for the Departments.
> So I have to figure a way to insert the category Id based on the code
> field
> and the Department Id based on the Categorie Code as well
> Thank you
> for taking time
> Jm
>

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> JM,
>>
>> How does one know what Department goes to which item?
>> How does one know what Category goes to which item?
>>
>> --
>> *
>>
>> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
>> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
>> follow
>> the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
>> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>>
>> **********
>>
>>   "jm" <jm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>   I need to insert the ID from the categories and Department tables into
>> the
>>   Items table, can someone please let me know of the correct SQL to do
>> this ?
>>   Thank you
>>   jm

0
jason2290 (135)

Transpose & offset data from a table
I have the following table and I would like to have each item on one row # Acc# Dr Cr # Count Info 1271 1030 4.67 1 3 Cr 2200 0.27 1 3 Dr 6050 4.41 1 3 Dr 1288 1030 7.87 2 2 Cr 6090 7.87 2 2 Dr 1617 1030 61.9 3 4 Cr 2200 2.59 3 4 Dr 6050 4.11 3 4 Dr 6550 55.2 3 4 Dr 1958 1000 45.9 4 5 Cr 1000 39.2 4 5 Cr 2200 4.01 4 5 Dr 6310 37.4 4 5 Dr 6630 43.7 4 5 Dr There is info that can help with determining items Count - checks how many items should be transposed Info - provides the information whea...

Printing Labels (Receipts) For Each Item On Work Order
I need to print labels containing Ship to Address, Item Look up Number and description. Each Item Needs an Individual Label With All of This Information and the Number of Labels Printed Should Reflect The Quantity From a Work Order. I am attempting to do this as a receipt. I am looking at code from existing receipts and trying to cut and paste what I need from diffrent receipts into one that may suite my needs. I am no XML pro to say the least. If anyone knows a better way or has more experience with XML and may wanna help I would appreciate it! ...

Table with FIFO Balances
Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, IV00102 has the quantities but I suspect your looking for IV10200 which has the history and the current FIFO layers. More info here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekly-dynamic-inventory-value-via-sql.html Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) http://www.dynamicaccounting.net On Oct 1, 3:44 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? > > Thanks, > Jocelyn ...

adding items to the action pane in GP 10
We need to offer the capability to add additional windows to the "Go To" button in the Action Panes, beyond the (very) limited options currently available. For example, in the Accounts view of the Financial Center, there is no way to Add to the "Go To" a link to the "Actual vs. Budget Inquiry Window". Lacking this feature requires the user to either return to the Financial Center page, or to use the drop -down menus (Inquiry >> Financial >> Actual vs Budget). Either approach requires the user to re-enter the account number, essentially starti...

Suggestion: Print all items on pick ticket
We have a need to print all items on pick tickets, not just those items in stock. Please provide a method for removing this restriction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/d...

Offline DB Items don't fully sync with Online DB
When I'm in Online mode I can see all of my items. If I go into Offline Mode, several items are not there. These items were added several months ago, and the two databases have been sync'd successfully over that time. Qtys are updated, Cashier Info is updates....everything looks good except for about 20 items (out of about 1000). No obvious clues among the items that don't make it over. Appears to be random. This is my second install so whatever you can suggest would be appreciated. -- Consultant ...

UPDATE QUERY not updating data
Hi all, Is there something obvious I should know about or is it plain magic? I've got a Access 2000 file format database in Access 2003. I've got a table called [Jobs] and I'm developing a way to edit a Job. So I've created an identical table called [EditedJob]. After clicking EDIT I clear the table [EditedJob], then populate it with all the details of a current job and open a form frmEditJob which is bound to [EditedJob] table. Now, I am able to change all the details I want and when clicking "save" button I run this code: Dim qryUpdate As QueryDef Set qryUpdat...

GAL update #2
Instead of waiting until the following morning for the Group Contacts list to update where in system manger can you go and do an immediate update of your global address list? I suppose you meant Offline Address List (if you use Outlook 2003 with cache mode)... ESM/REcipients/Offline Address List/Default OAL -> right click Rebuild -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net "rmwatrich" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23AYcTuFHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Instead of waiting until the following morning ...

How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another?
Hello How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? I'm tempted to say "Drag & Drop them" but you might have already tried that... "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:ezxf2$e5FHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? Yes, I have already tried that. They do not follow. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:Og2ZHGf5FHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm tempted ...

updates
yesterday downloaded updates. Just after sys reset I can't open Outlook. Errors detected in fir. use scanpst.exe (didn't work. Did reset to earlier day, still no work. Help please??? "metro mom" <metromom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4F06763-698D-42AA-94B7-FBE2697A0DC6@microsoft.com... > yesterday downloaded updates. Just after sys reset I can't open Outlook. > Errors detected in fir. use scanpst.exe Sorry, but there is no error message in Outlook that mentions "errors in fir". Do not paraphrase error mess...

Form Error (Query Update)
Hi, I have about 12 people to work on the database and each has own userID and password. Their UserID and Password input and the form link to the query that has the filter on "UserID and Password" for their input. The message said "Can't Update; Query Locked". Is there I do something wrong? I thought the form is the shared for everyone to input based by UserID and Password. Please help. Thanks We aren't there. We can't see how your database is set up. For instance, do you have a split database, with a single "back-end" file on your network an...

Using the SDK to update customized fields
The SDK provides references to the XSD schema that can be used for writing CREATE or UPDATE statements. How do you go about updating a custom field that you've added to an entity. Specifically, we add a field to the INCIDENT entity using the DEPLOYMENT manager etc. How can i create my XML - what's the tag that I need to use in order to update the custom field (call it testfield - CFStestfield) does the XSD get updated automatically? Is there anyway to do this?? Thanks. Nick Nick, All you need to do is add the appropriate element to the XML. In your example, it would be CFStestf...

11.3 Update Removed Registration Info
This isn't a big problem, but it seems that 11.3 (on my machine at least) erased all my registration info (as it appears in the About box). Under PowerPoint, it actually shows "Unknown User," but in Excel and Word it's just blank. Everything is working fine, so it's probably just a cosmetic problem, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway. Doug Can't suggest a fix, but I can offer that the data stayed when I upgraded. In article <1160591641.130463.320160@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, Doug <dholschuh@gmail.com> wrote: > This isn't a b...

Wndws XPsp3: Auto Update ON but system nags all day to Install Upd
I have my Auto Update set for AUTOMATIC to download/install at 3 am daily BUT I get at least 4-5 messages per day that "Updates have been found formy computer". Constantly updating/restarting. This is driving me CRAZY. Please help. ME wrote: > I have my Auto Update set for AUTOMATIC to download/install at 3 am > daily BUT I get at least 4-5 messages per day that "Updates have > been found formy computer". Constantly updating/restarting. This is > driving me CRAZY. Please help. We now know the following blanks in the puzzle... Windows XP ______ ...

Update Errors
MS Money 2000 Business & Personal Updating Internet Info gives the following messages: Internet Information: Headlines: There was a problem with the information received. Please try again later. Product Information: There was a problem with the information received. Please try again later. Component Update: Money was unable to execute the appropriate command to update this item. Please try again. How long has this been going on? Money 99 users were seeing this a couple weeks ago, but it appears to have been resolved. Have you tried removing Money? If you remove, be sure to reins...

cannot update quotes
Using Money Deluxe 2003. When I'm viewing my portfolio, and I click on Update Prices on the left, the only option that shows on the menu is Update Prices Manually. Up until today, it always gave me a few options, and I usually selected Update Prices Online. That selection is suddenly not available. Also, when I go to Customize Internet Options, I no longer can select to download quotes. I'm still able to connect to online brokers and receive money updates, but I can't download quotes. Any ideas? Thanks. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/186.aspx Money 2003 Deluxe...

DO NOT DO UPDATE IF YOU USE BESTBUY OR DELL!!!!
Once you do the update those banks dont show up as available for linking and auto downloads. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know. Bryan It is the choice of the card issuer not to upgrade with Money. Money did not make this decision. cindy "Bastards" <cellphonesebay@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185226618.281667.320890@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Once you do the update those banks dont show up as available for > linking and auto downloads. If anyone knows how to fix this let me > know. > > Bryan > On Jul 23, 5:51 pm, "Cindy C...

Data from Excel to Access Table
Hello, I have this code setup in Excel but I want to be able to upload multiple rows at one time. Is there a way to incorporate this into my code? Also, is there a way to upload cells that are blank as well? Right now it won't allow me to upload cells that are blank. Can this be done? Sub UploadData() Dim MyCn As ADODB.Connection Dim SQLStr As String Set MyCn = New ADODB.Connection MyCn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _ "DBQ=\\Bcar1\bcar-net\Quality-ISO\Quality-Control\BC-Quality-Control\BC QA mdb\BC Quality Action Database.mdb;SystemDB=\...

Pivot Chart update
I'm using Excel 2007. I created a simple 2 column pivot table and a pivot chart based on the table. When I change the filtering on the table the chart doesn't update to the new values like it is supposed to. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be turned on or what????? Hi Sharon I have a Pivot Chart in EXCEL 2007 on the screen in front of me. There isn’t a setting that needs to be turned on. In my PivotTable Field List I have two items selected:- MARKET Revenue Last Year I have another field:- REGION - turned off at the moment. I drag REGIO...

When Load Form
I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. Private Sub Form_Load() Text0.Text = "hello" End Sub Any ideas? On Jul 4, 10:51 pm, "Tim McGavin" <n...@gsw-inc.com> wrote: > I would like for my textbox to update when my form loads. > > I tried the following code, but my textbox just stays blank. > > Private Sub Form_Load() > Text0.Text = "hello" > End Sub > > Any ideas? Try this Text0.Value = "hello" On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:51:25 -0500, "...

Rule is copying item instead of moving it
I have a .inbox (. to make it come first in the list) and a receipts folder under my personal folders. I've created a rule to move anything with "read:" in the subject to the receipts folder on my personal. Then I have some rules to move anything else (3 rules, one for each importance to capture all e-mails) to my .inbox. The receipts move rule is putting items in the receipts folder but it also leaves a copy in the .inbox (indicating that it's getting captured in the 2nd set of rules). I specifically run the receipts rule first so it's taken care of but I can&#...

Computer crashed suring revent update
My computer froze during the restart process of a recent update (KB971512) forcing me to manually restart it and now loads very slowly. It runs fine except for whenever it need to load (example: Left 4 Dead 2 take about 10 minutes to load a level, but then runs fine besides the occasional sputter when it loads during play). Other things: whenever I start Windows, it comes up with "Windows update: Configuring 3/3 0%" but then moves onto the login screen. I also tried running Windows update again (I thought maybe it would catch it's own error or something) but I get err...

FW: Check out corrective update for Microsoft Windows
--sliujiore Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zthgctxf"; type="multipart/alternative" --zthgctxf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs" --nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping yo...

Post-Windows Update Black Screen Issue
Can you provide an update on the status of this: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/113009-latest-microsoft-patches-cause-black.html?hpg1=bn&source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2009-11-30 <pft> mcintoshs wrote: > Can you provide an update on the status of this: > > http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/113009-latest-microsoft-patches-cause-black.html?hpg1=bn&source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2009-11-30 Can who provide it ? There is no official MS presence here, only volunteers. As far as I'm concerned this "story" is an Urban Myth or this newsgroup ...

Line Item Comment Text On Forms
Good morning. I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoices). At present, this field shows but only 4 lines of text and only so wide. I would like to get infinite lines of text with the field growing or shrinking as need be on the form. Would appreciate any advice here. cheap ugg > On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:50 AM Mark Plaideau wrote: > Good morning. > > > > I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoi...