Cashiers changing prices: "access pricing" and discounts

Hi:

We are a wine shop and give 10% discounts when customers purchase six
bottles of wine, and 20% when they purchase 12 bottles.  I've got the
discounts to automatically kick in when 6 or 12 bottles are scanned into the
system using mix and match.  However, I've noticed we get an error about
"cashier cannot change prices" when the minimum quantity for discount is
entered into the system.  The reason is b/c the cashier does not have the
"access pricing" check box turned on in their detail setup.  The problem is
we don't want the cashier to have the "access pricing" option for any old
transaction, but we do want to them to be able to automatically give the
pre-approved quantity discounts when customers purchase multiple bottles of
wine.

Is there a way to override the system so the cashiers don't have to have the
"access pricing" but they can give mix and match discounts?

Thanks,

Chris
0
bopper (10)
6/10/2008 2:12:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nevermind - I got it using the "ctrl-s" option to lock down certain areas of
the screen

"bopper" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> We are a wine shop and give 10% discounts when customers purchase six
> bottles of wine, and 20% when they purchase 12 bottles.  I've got the
> discounts to automatically kick in when 6 or 12 bottles are scanned into the
> system using mix and match.  However, I've noticed we get an error about
> "cashier cannot change prices" when the minimum quantity for discount is
> entered into the system.  The reason is b/c the cashier does not have the
> "access pricing" check box turned on in their detail setup.  The problem is
> we don't want the cashier to have the "access pricing" option for any old
> transaction, but we do want to them to be able to automatically give the
> pre-approved quantity discounts when customers purchase multiple bottles of
> wine.
>
> Is there a way to override the system so the cashiers don't have to have the
> "access pricing" but they can give mix and match discounts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
0
bopper (10)

Cashiers changing prices: "access pricing" and discounts
Hi: We are a wine shop and give 10% discounts when customers purchase six bottles of wine, and 20% when they purchase 12 bottles. I've got the discounts to automatically kick in when 6 or 12 bottles are scanned into the system using mix and match. However, I've noticed we get an error about "cashier cannot change prices" when the minimum quantity for discount is entered into the system. The reason is b/c the cashier does not have the "access pricing" check box turned on in their detail setup. The problem is we don't want the cashier to have the &quo...

Allowed to access pricing
Hi, We have disabled the Cashier's permission to change the price of items from POS while he making sales. (Disabled "Allowed to access pricing" in Store Operation Manager for Cashier). But now we would like to give permission for the cashier to allow price changing for few items. How is it possible? Regards Rainu Rainu Jacob wrote: > Hi, > We have disabled the Cashier's permission to change the price of items from > POS while he making sales. (Disabled "Allowed to access pricing" in Store > Operation Manager for Cashier). But now we would lik...

How to over-ride "Access Pricing" to give a discount?
I have turned off the "Access Pricing" for my cashiers so that they can't give discounts. Is there a way for me, as manager, to override this at check-out time and to enter a code/password/keystroke to give a discount without having to log the cashier out of the transaction and log back in as me? Not sure if you are aware of this or not... During the transaction, you can use the F9 "Security" key to bring up the log in screen. Have the manager log in and make the changes. Hit F9 again and have the cashier log in and complete the sale. All of the transactio...