cash drawer not opening but reciept is printing

I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing
my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device
but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.

Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
when the reciept is printed.
The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.

Any ideas whats wrong with it?

thanks

0
AkbarMian (47)
8/12/2007 9:48:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bad cable perhaps? Can you switch cables with another register that IS
working to see if it's the cable/pin configuration? Just a thought.

"Akbar Mian" wrote:

> I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing
> my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device
> but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.
>
> Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
> when the reciept is printed.
> The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.
>
> Any ideas whats wrong with it?
>
> thanks

0
Luminox (155)
8/12/2007 10:16:01 PM
With the Windows driver, you have to go into printer properties, operations
tab and set the open drawer command.

Marc

"Akbar Mian" <AkbarMian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues
>installing
> my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS"
> device
> but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.
>
> Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
> when the reciept is printed.
> The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.
>
> Any ideas whats wrong with it?
>
> thanks

0
marcr (93)
8/13/2007 1:53:38 AM
Wich drivers you use in Windows?
Are there Vista drivers for the TM-T88IV?

Greetings
Raymond

"Akbar Mian" <AkbarMian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues
>installing
> my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS"
> device
> but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.
>
> Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
> when the reciept is printed.
> The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.
>
> Any ideas whats wrong with it?
>
> thanks

there are vista drivers for the TM-T88IV but according to Microsoft it hasnt
been determined if it is compatible. but anyways the driver that is suppose
to be installed with it doesnt work so we had to download something called
"OPOSADK250E"

"Raymond Bakker" wrote:

> Wich drivers you use in Windows?
> Are there Vista drivers for the TM-T88IV?
>
> Greetings
> Raymond
>
> "Akbar Mian" <AkbarMian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues
> >installing
> > my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS"
> > device
> > but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.
> >
> > Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
> > when the reciept is printed.
> > The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.
> >
> > Any ideas whats wrong with it?
> >
> > thanks

0
AkbarMian (47)
8/15/2007 6:36:02 PM

"Luminox" wrote:

> Bad cable perhaps? Can you switch cables with another register that IS
> working to see if it's the cable/pin configuration? Just a thought.
>

> "Akbar Mian" wrote:
>
> > I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing
> > my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device
> > but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.
> >
> > Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
> > when the reciept is printed.
> > The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.
> >
> > Any ideas whats wrong with it?
> >
> > thanks

0
AkbarMian (47)
8/18/2007 1:56:01 AM

"Luminox" wrote:

> Bad cable perhaps? Can you switch cables with another register that IS
> working to see if it's the cable/pin configuration? Just a thought.
>

> "Akbar Mian" wrote:
>
> > I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing
> > my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device
> > but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.
> >
> > Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
> > when the reciept is printed.
> > The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.
> >
> > Any ideas whats wrong with it?
> >
> > thanks
> > I changed the cable, the health of Cash Drawer is ok  but still NOT opening with receipt.  Also I install OPOS ADK250E. Any idea please .
Thanks

0
AkbarMian (47)
8/18/2007 2:10:06 AM

"Marc" wrote:

> With the Windows driver, you have to go into printer properties, operations
> tab and set the open drawer command.
>
> Marc
>

> "Akbar Mian" <AkbarMian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues
> >installing
> > my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS"
> > device
> > but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device.
> >
> > Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open
> > when the reciept is printed.
> > The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616.
> >
> > Any ideas whats wrong with it?
> >
> > thanks
> >

> Now I the printer is working on OPOS but cash Drawer not opening with receipt.
Please any ideas whats wrong in setting.
Thanks
0
AkbarMian (47)
8/18/2007 2:16:00 AM

"Williams Rios" wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm from Mexico and I'm working at same and I get a driver for Epson TM-88IV printer but work with Win: 2000, Server and XP only.
>
> Unfortunaly the driver is not supported by Vista yet.
> If you can install your application in a PC with XP will be excellent! and you can send me a mail to rioswill@hotmail.com  or  rioswill@gmail.com to share you the driver.
>
> Good Look...
>
> EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> Thank you for reply, I am using Vista
0
AkbarMian (47)