Capture Item Lookup Code before it goes on POS screen!

I'm doing little customization for RMS POS.

I need to get Item lookup code before it goes on POS transaction screen.

In other words when I type item number in POS screen and press enter, I need
to intercept and get that number before RMS searches that item through
inventory and adds to transaction entry.

If I use this  mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(I).Item.Description I
get what I need but only after item is on transaction screen

Appreciate your response

Thanks,
0
IKA (3)
11/12/2007 4:12:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Report Header Lookup Question
I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name to look something like this... Jobs Worked from ________ to _________. How would I make the dates entered in the parameter boxes populate to the header title? Any help is much appreciated. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:29:00 -0700, Adam wrote: > I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are > entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name > to look something like t...

How do I display html code within a cell?
I am importing data to a cell. The data is actually html code. I would like to display the data formatted. Right now I get all the ugly html codes, like <b> Hello World</>. Thanks - John You need to use Insert>Function and then select Hyperlink from the Lookup & Reference category. Randall Arnold "John-Raritan" wrote: > I am importing data to a cell. The data is actually html code. I would like > to display the data formatted. Right now I get all the ugly html codes, like > <b> Hello World</>. > > Thanks - John I think I...

Set Print POS Receipt Question Default to NO
When you select the to Ask before printing POS receipt the system defaults to the YES box. Can this default be set to NO to allow you to just press ENTER? I have already set up a PRINTLASTRECEIPT button. ...

Help with this code please !!!!!!!
I have use the code set below in other files but in this new file I am getting an error on "Cells.Select". "Select method of Range class failed" Any idea whats going on? Sheets("Completions Summary").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("A4").Select are you sure you have the sheet name correct? no need to select, i'd use something like this: With Worksheets("Completions Summary").Cells .Copy ...

Selecting Item when Outlook hasn't got Focus
Outlook 2003 Following situation: Another window than Outlook is focused. An item in Outlook is selected. Now I click into the Outlook window to select another item. But this item will not be selected as expected. What happens is that the item that was selected before will be opened. => strange behaviour, isn't it? Does anyone know why? Is there any bug fix for this? Thanks, Peter I'm guessing that your first click merely gives Outlook focus but does not actually select that second item. You probably have to click three times - once to give Outlook focus, the second time to se...

to use workday function in excel vba code
hi all, is there a way to use wrokday function in my worksheet controls.? i have a date time picker in my worksheet and a text box and a button. on click of this button i should get next desired date. like when i select a date from the calendar and click on button ther is onclick function in my macro. this onclick should calculate next desired date(assume if i choos 10/11/2005 and add 2 to this date i should get 12/11/2005) i know how to use workday function using a cell reference but................ i don't know how to put this into a vba code. if i use workday("10/11/2005&qu...

flagging items in public folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "JA" <jalvord1@comcast.net> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Permissions? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send m...

matrix item greyed out
I have a matrix item pulled up in a purchase order and I am unable to make quantity selections because the matrix is greyed out. I checked the item and it is active. Any suggestions ...I have never seen this one. Thanks. ...

Reverse engineering huge code base
Hi I have a huge code base in VC++, which I need to reverse engineer and come up wit a low-level design for. I understand that there might be some tools available to com with the class diagrams like Rational Rose or Visio. But can I come up with the sequence diagrams as well? What is the best possible way to reverse engineer suc huge code chunks TIA Sucharit Genitor sells such a product. I'm not taken by it (it imposes bizarre restrictions on how comments are placed; for example, it misinterprets my change log as a module description) but what I saw of its ability to reverse-enginee...

zip codes become 0 after merge excel to word
About half the records show up as a 0 in the zip code field after I merge into Word to create mailing labels. I have reformatted the column to text, tried formatting as special zip code, but stil about half the records merge as 0 zip even though there is a 5 digit zip in the Excel file...this is driving me crazy! I did sort the workbook by zip code for bulk mail. Does anybody have any suggestions? Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...

Old items showing on AP aging
We recently upgraded to V9 and it wasn't noticed right away so I don't know if this caused it, but it was not like this before the upgrade. When we print the AP agin old 2004 invoices are showing up as due when they are paid. The invoices were paid in 2004. We rebuilt the PM keys table and that didn't fix it. Any other idea what could cause this and how to fix it? Thanks Lisa, I had the same issue with one of my clients. These invoices came back after you did the checklinks. The apply information might be corrupted for these invoices that is why it put them back a...

Switchboard items more than 8
Hello! Is there a possibillity for me to put more than 8 buttons on the switcboard? Thank you! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can make your own switchboard. Just create an unbound form, and add command buttons as needed. I have almost nothing good to say about the built- in switchboard, which I have heard described as a complicated solution to a simple problem. It was one of the first built-in utilities I abandoned when I started learning Access. If I had to find something good to say it would be that for a simple database it can let you quickly add ...

error C1190: managed targeted code requires...
I just switched to vc7 from vc6 and finally got my code to compile in debug mode but when I tried to compile in release mode I get the following message. stdafx.cpp (0) : fatal error C1190: managed targeted code requires '#using <mscorlib.dll>' and '/clr' option I tried adding the #include statement to stdafx.cpp but that didn't change anything (I've taken it back out) and looked over the properties page for the project and can't find anything that looks like it ought to cause a managed target. This code is supposed to generate a dll. It has nothing to do w...

Menu Item Caption
I need to look up a menu item caption from the resource file when given the item's Resource ID. I tried doing this using the LoadString() member function of CString and got the prompt string instead of the caption. I cannot use the CMenu object because the menu item appears only for a View class and I need it before a document is loaded. This means the item will not yet be in the CMenu object. How can this caption be read? You can load a menu resource into a CMenu item using LoadMenu(). http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/177ay1x0(VS.80).aspx Tom "Artist" <art...

Code 17 Dup Record on file FA_Retirement_Mstr
V. 7.00g using the FA module only (not interfacing with GL) Retired 600+ assets. Un-retired to correct proceeds. Re-retired and the first 390 went fine, now every asset we try to re-retire gives us this error. What can we do? Thank you, Robert ...

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 This is not a relay host
We have migrated and upgraded our exchange server tfrom 2000 to 2003. Some users have set Outlook forwarding of their emails to external accounts. However since the upgrade they are receving the following email from postmaster when an email is forwarded: Final-Recipient: rfc822;bob@hotmail.com Action: failed Status: 5.5.0 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 This is not a relay host - mail must be to or from host domain. X-Display-Name: bob@hotmail.com This only occurs on inbound emails from external addresses. Internal email does get forwarded out. Any idea why? john.easter@northdoor.co.uk wrote...

Item Trx Inquiry vs Purchase Receipts Inquiry don't match
I have ItemA. It has only been received once for 1000 units in a foreign currency. There were 2 landed costs involved and multicurrency involved as well - one landed cost in a foreign currency (same as purchase receipt foreign currency) and one landed cost in my functional currency. So when I look at the Item Trx Inquiry window for this item there is a receipt for 1,000 and two additional cost adjustment lines - both of these adjustment lines are for the one landed cost in functional currency. When I look at the same item in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry it shows 2 lines. One for 1,000 quanti...

LDAP screen help???
Just installed Outlook 2003. When I launch I get the attached screen. How do I get this screen to go away?? Thanks in Advance, Larry Tools->email accounts->directories->View or change->remove the LDAP directory from the list that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: XT <xt50@home.net> asked: | Just installed Outlook 2003. When I launch I get the attached screen. | How do I get this screen to go away?? | | Thanks in Advance, | Larry ...

Lookup #12
Hello I have a huge spreadsheet that has results ranging from 1 to 7 in apx 50 columns . I need to convert them to Letters. 7=A 6 =B etc down to 1 which is G. Amongst that there are decimals which for example 1.2 to 1.4 =G 1.5 to 2.4 =F 2.5 to 3.4 = E etc I tried doing a VLOOKUP but although most of them are correct, there some that aren't and I can't work out why. This is what I did. I named a range in another sheet "Grades" with one column with all the numbers and decimals and the second column has the letters they need to be converted to. In the main sheet, I e...

RMS POS Crashes Before Printing Receipt
We sporadically have a situation were RMS 2.0.0115 POS crashes right before it prints a customer receipt. This seems to happen randomly and on different registers mostly when using credit cards but it also has happened with cash transactions. The problem is since RMS didn't print a receipt (and there is no record in the Journal or sometimes one that says something like "No Receipt Available for Display"), the cashiers ring the sale up again (since there was no CC slip to sign for the "original" transaction). Even though there is no trace of the original transacti...

Matrix Item Quanity
Hi When we add an item in to POS from Matrix selection window, the default quantity displayed in to the POS is different. Even the same items in one Matrix are also different. But the same item add directly by entering the lookup code, the quantity displayed is one. Is any setting is available in configuration screen in SOM, or any thing need to configure in Matrix item property. In both cases the quantity should be displayed will be one. Is any one have any simlar situation arise please send the details Thanks in advance. Deepu Paul ...

Control to populate data based on code
Hi, I have created a form linked to the table - Master table. The form contains a control - Validation. I had given an event to this conttol - Private Sub Validation_Click() If [Report Currency] = USD Then Validation = YES End If However, I am not getting any results in the form nor is the result being carried to the table. Pls help In this line: If [Report Currency] = USD Then It is expecting [Report Currency] to be a control on your form and USD to be a variable. Is that what you are expecting? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Newbie_Sashi" wrote: > Hi, > I ...

HELP!!! Lost Commission Checks with Audit Trail Code
Our client paid her employees their comission checks for Dec. on Jan. 2, 2008. The system date, user date, and check date are all 1/2/2008. I have a copy of the check register for those transactions telling me the audit trail code, check numbers, check amounts, and employees. Currently our client wants to reconcile with their bank statement she recieved in Feb. for Jan. We can not find any record of those checks anywhere in the systewm by check numbers or check date. We have looked by employee in the payroll module. We have look in the GL by account. I run a report in payroll b...

POS Printer
Hi All, I thought it would be easy to print to a simple POS Printer (Star SP 200, parallel port) but for some reason it seems really difficult for me. I think I have all the theory right, but I just can't print correctly text to it. Here is what I know and what I think is right. 1) I know that in theory, all I have to do is send down to the printer plain text and some control codes in order to access special features of the printer (alignment, underlining, etc.) These special codes are non-printable characters (escape codes.) 2) I am not using the Windows drivers because I know th...

Adding a lookup list to further filter form results
Created a form to list outstanding invoices, the datasource is a query called "invoices due" When I open that form it list all my outstanding invoices, so far so good. Now I want to add a drop down list control on the form to further filter the returned results to show only specific customers. The form (and query) allready have and display the customer name, so that data is allready there. 3 things are stumping me. 1) I tried to add a list box pulling the data from the customer name in the query, but that returned multiple copies of each name in the list box. ...