Cannot Print Z/X/ZZ reports

A client of ours is running Microsoft RMS without any service packs on
Windows XP with Star TSP100 printers. A few days ago, they went to
print a Z report and got the following message:

"Runtime error: '9' Subscript out of range."

And then the program shuts down. The batch goes through all the steps
of closing, except no receipt is ever printed. When trying to reprint
the Z report from the journal, this error pops up:

"An error occurred while trying to print to the specified printer.
Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is
properly configured."

This did not happen at all until a few days ago. You can print old Z
reports from before the error started happening and you can print any
receipt, just not these last few Z reports. I took a copy of their
database back to our shop and set it up here and was able to replicate
the error on a Windows 7 machine with a new printer. I tried
reindexing and checking the database and I then tried upgrading the
software to the latest service pack but nothing worked.

Any suggestions?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Anyone else run into this problem?
Found the solution. Apparently the client had added pipe characters
into one of the department names, and the software did not like that.

Visio 2007 Prints to bottom of page
When printing from Visio 2007 Professional the content always fills the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is there a way of correcting this? ...

print a large single character
How do i go about printing one letter onto a whole page - for example, if i wanted to print the word Driver with each letter taking up one whole page. Hope someone can help! WordArt... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shinypouch" <Shinypouch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CC85FC-B0D5-45B7-8A43-AA2519543DB3@microsoft.com... > How do i go about printing one letter onto a whole page - for example, if i > wanted to print the word Driver with each letter taking up one whole page. ...

Date Range for X-Axis Labels
I want my line chart to plot to 9 dates selected from the worksheet. How do I get the x-axis scale to match and display my dates? I am using the x-axis labels option and it doesn't return the dates on the x-axis of my chart. Thanks for your help. Tom -- Sony Luvy By default, Excel applies a time or date scale axis, which includes all of the dates as if it were a continuous scale, with ticks and labels at regular intervals. If you want only to show specific dates without regard to the date (i.e., with data points equally spaced), change to a category type axis. In 2003 and earl...

Saving excel to Crystal Report *.rpt
I am looking for a way to save an excel file as *.rpt (Crystal reports). OR as *.rep Does anyone have a way to do this? Aren't .rpt files just plain old text? You may find that you can get close with file|Saveas Save as Type: Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn) But that's limited to 240 characters wide. Dani wrote: > > I am looking for a way to save an excel file as *.rpt (Crystal reports). OR > as *.rep > > Does anyone have a way to do this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Profit Margin on Dept Sales/Cost Report
We would like to have the profit margin included on the Department Sales/Cost Report as it was in our QS2000 report. Is there a way to add additional columns to the report that comes with RMS SO 2.0? Or has someone modified the report to include the Profit Margin? Appreciate any and all assistance. There are quite a few additional reports available for RMS in the Customer Source website under Reports that list the Profit Margin. I would check there first before I go any further. -- When Everything Else Fails Read the Darn Manual "Jane J" wrote: > We would like to have t...

Want to print a booklet in A5 size but printer not allowing it.
I have been trying to print an A5 booklet but keep ending up with 2 pages to half an A4 page instead of 2 pages per A4 page. Can anyone tell me how to change my printer settings to achieve this? Are you starting with an A4 size paper? When you select booklet in the page setup, does it default to to landscape with two A5 size pages side by side? If your default paper size in your printer setup is A4 you shouldn't have to setup your printer after you do a page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JL...

Excel Report stops converting currency
At some point after running this report the "Wholesale Price" column data type in the excel spread sheet changes from Currency to General... It seems to ba around the 300th or so row but varies... This problem only occurs if the client is running Office XP.. And only in our production environment, not test or dev they are supposed to identical to prod but I doubt that for obvious reasons... Can someone tell me why, or give some suggestions as to things to look at.....??? ASP code; <%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %> <% Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel...

Print report based on form selection 12-22-09
I have a form listing work completed and a yes/no field to identify records to be printed on a report from a command button on the form. I can find lots of articles on the code required to print a single record but none on a selection based on multiple records. Can anyone help me with what code would do this Thanks Hi George, If you're wanting to open a report showing a certain set of the records shown on the form (assuming the form and the report have the same RecordSource), simply set the criteria you want in the Where parameter of the OpenReport method. For ex...

Script error when trying to print in shdoclc.dll
This is double posted to Internet explorer and outlook groups because it occured in outlook but was an IE script error. When ever we try to print an HTML email from outlook 2000, it comes back with a dialog box with an error "An error has occured in the script on this page" Line 639 Char 1 Error Invalid argument Code: 0 URL: res://C:\Windows\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? well, this started in outlook, but now is also happening in Internet explorer also any time you try to print something, what could be the cause and ho...

Report problem
I have a report which analyzes two kinds of sales for artists. The main report lists their gallery sales, the subreport their auction sales. I need to do it this way because the method of calculating commission differs for gallery and auction sales. The main report is based on a query: tblSalesTransactions <=> tblScultures <=> tblSculptors (fldSculptureID) <=> (fldSculptureID) <=> (fldSculptorID) ...where the sale type is "Gallery" The subreport is based on a query which uses the same tables, but where the sale type is "Auctio...

modify report
I just realize that I need remove one field from my report and take out from report and my query. after I remove the field in both query and report, the report always ask me to fill the field removed. I can simply add a dummy value in the query to work around this. I feel that I want to a clean application. Any idea to avoid report continue asking field removed from the report? I use Access 2003. Your information is great appreciated, Check if I've got this right: You've deleted a field from your query and from your report, but you still get a Parameter box asking for the fi...

Report messing up..
I have a report run by MainQuery. When I click on the main query it is queried my LeaseName. I type in Cromer #10 and everything comes up. I type Franks 19 #1 and it comes up fine. When I go to the Report and click on it, Cromer #10 comes up in the report but when I type Franks 19 #1 it says.. The expression is typed incorrectly or is to complex to be evaluated. For example, A numeric expression may contain to many complicated elements.. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 SELECT Main.Operator, Main.L...

printing to top of page
I am trying to print an invitation to the top of the page, but we are having approx. 1/16" that is not printing at the top of the page. Any suggestions? See the question Subject: How do I print without borders when creating a brochure below, with several suggestions. Bruce "Dale" wrote: > I am trying to print an invitation to the top of the page, but we are having > approx. 1/16" that is not printing at the top of the page. > > Any suggestions? > If you have a borderless Printer, select all on your invitation, group, right-click, save as picture...

Can I print 3 weeks of a monthly calendar rather than all 4/5 week
I realize that Outlook prints the number of weeks which are contained in the month reqested. This month, January, there are 6 weeks, therefore the calendar is printing 6 weeks and is very cluttered. I would like to print 3 weeks only...the week we are in and the following 2 weeks. There is an option to choose print dates (start and end dates) but the default always prints the 6 weeks from the start date but doesn't allow the end date I have chosen. 3 Weeks show up on the screen by highlighting the calendar, but it won't print just 3 weeks even by inserting the end dat...

Subform on a Report, Link Master/Child filtering and PivotChart
I have a PivotChart form. In order to get the chart to look the way the client wants, I create the chart programatically. I have that PivotChart form as a subform on a report. I have the Link Master and Child fields set to the correct fields. If I show the PivotChart form as a regular form just showing the fields, the filtering from the Linked Master/Child works. What event do I need to capture in order to rebuild the pivot chart based on the Linked Master/Child filtering? Thanks Kyle! ...

X-Axis Cramped
I've got some line charts with dates at the bottom. Qtrly data, and the x-Axis just showing the years. Say, there are 5 years of data. I expect to see 5 tick marks with the years. However, when I extend the data I get lots of labels all showing the years (so I get 4 1999s and 4 2000s etc.. I can't seem to get back to just showing the years once? Have you tried formatting the x-axis; on the Scale tab set the max unit to a larger value. Bernard "Rich" <ric.bennett@bankofengland.co.uk> wrote in message news:16e701c38cb4$ddfc0970$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I've...

Outlook Printing Issue
I have a problem that has suddenly (over night) affected two seperate users in different departments. SOme, if not most, of their Outlook (Office XP running on Win2K) email will not print. You open a message from the list in Outlook, Select File, and Print, and nothing happens. No error messages at all. All other applications print normally on both computers. Both PC's are also set for auto updates overnight (so are another 150 pc's without this problem) so I am wondering if that is a factor.. If I open their mailboxes on other computers, the same messages print out just fine. A...

Print 2 columns per page
I have a spreadsheet that is just one long column, like below: Text Text Text Text Text Text I would like to print two columns per page, as shown. Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text How can this be done? (I cannot copy and paste, it needs to be in the print layout or something similar.) Matthew Matthew, My Excel add-in "Side by Side" should do what you want. Its very easy to use and fast. It is available for free upon direct request (comes with simple install instructions). Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX *********...

OK. got frequency to report bin counts
now how can I chart in the format I described in first post? Select E1:F12 and make XY chart -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "MarkB" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eMj$AhG$GHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > now how can I chart in the format I described in first post? > ...

SQL Reporting Exam?
Hi - I recently passed the MS CRM 3.0 Customization Exam. I would like to dive deeper in Report Customizations, Business Intelligence, etc. as it pertains to MS CRM. Any recommendations on SRS Exams? I've only found "Installing & Configuring SQL", "SQL Optimization" etc. type exams. Thanks. ...

school report card template
I am looking for a template for report cards for our school. Does anyone have a card designed the could be used? It would require space for 6-8 subjects with places for grades and be divided by quarters . "=?Utf-8?B?Tm8gUHJpbmNpcGFscw==?=" <No Principals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3A2F42D5-AB1C-4C6C-8924-F012E0D539F7@microsoft.com: > I am looking for a template for report cards for our school. Does > anyone have a card designed the could be used? It would require space > for 6-8 subjects with places for grades and be divided by quarters . > ...

Making Excel generate Access-Like Reports
Please forgive me if I don't use proper Newsgroup protocol. This is my first time. I have developed a comprehensive dealership system using Excel. I probably should have used Access but I don't want to redo the system yet. Everything works swimmingly except: 1. I use customer name to name each workbook (which contains multiple worksheets of forms and data pertaining to that customer): For example: "Jones," "Smith" (or "Smith.John"), etc. I have created reports which have a row for each customer and ten or more columns of data for each c...

Able to move Report Writer fields with different 'Types' at same t
I worked recently with MBS Support and discovered that you cannot select multiple fields in Report Writer at the same time, if they have different field types. For instance, if a field in report section F1 has a type of 'Last Occurrence' and you try to move it at the same time as a field with type 'Data' in report section RH (as an example), then the field in section F1 is automatically changed to type 'Data'. This results in reporting errors that must be corrected. Since moving fields together for formatting is a matter of common convenience, I feel that this...

How do I change the scale (extend) the X axis in Excel 2007?
One of many questions under the new Office 2007. Trying to reproduce the old behavior some way. In Excel 2003... rioght click on X axis --> select Format Axis --> change value in "Maximum" field --> Bingo. Chart has new scale (extended with dates for another year) If I can't do this in Excel 2007, I just need to know so I can find/buy other software. Hi, In 2007: Right-click the axis and choose Format Axis, then click Fixed to the right of Maximum on the Axis Options tab and enter a new Maximum value -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Sha...

numbers above dates on x axis
I have dates on x axis, from Oct 10 1999 through June 19 2000. I would like to put numbers, starting with 1, above each date. Is it possible to do this as another x axis or is the only option to physically put each number above each date (such as a text box), such as, the number 1 above Oct 10 1999, the number 2 above Oct 11 1999, etc. Thanks for any reply. Nanofish, Try setting your data up like this - assume the data covers cells A1:C7 and that the title "Data" is in cell C1. The chart will automatically add two X-axis labels - in the case dates on the bottom and numbe...