Can RMS be customzied to accept customer 'trade in' merchandise?

Client runs an antique store. Can Dynamics RMS Accept an item in on trade and
provide a credit to the store for the value of the item, then either cash or
a credit (via a gift card) to the customer.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=127763de-3a20-4ce1-a6bf-75edff04b5ab&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
EthixNet (2)
3/28/2007 2:04:50 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Sir, Currently I am in middle east you can send me info at
alwani89@hotmail.com

"EthixNet" wrote:

> Yes, this would be helpful. Are you available for hire? :-)
>
> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
> > Hi EthixNet,
> > There are couple of way you can do so this: Below is one solution in my mind
> > see if you can like this:
> >
> > 1. Create one supplier called "Counter supplier" we will use this when we
> > purchase some items from customer in respect of trade-in
> > 2.  Create one Tender type called "trade-inout" or "paid out" you can select
> > the type as "Account or Other" This we will use when we sell the customer
> > gift voucher against the trade in with him.
> >
> > Now first you wanted to perform the trade-in then you can use the store
> > operation and use receiving/po to driectly received the item you can create
> > on fly that item or you can also use the generic code for this. remember to
> > use the supplier code as defined above
> >
> > Now sell in respect of trade-in anything to customer i.e. gift
> > certificate/vocuher and use tender type as the one you created in step # 2.
> >
> > Now this customer can use the given gift cert/voucher for any of his
> > purchases, balance can be keep by the customer in the form of voucher. This
> > really work.
> >
> > in Accounting wise you can map both purchasing and recievable account to
> > same as when you purchase something worth $200 you use the some account the
> > same account you use for the receivable when you sell the voucher to customer
> > and use as tender the above mentioned type.
> >
> > I am also drawing for you some mapping document which may help you too. Let
> > me know what financial system you are using.
> >

> > "EthixNet" wrote:
> >
> > > Client runs an antique store. Can Dynamics RMS Accept an item in on trade and
> > > provide a credit to the store for the value of the item, then either cash or
> > > a credit (via a gift card) to the customer.
> > >

> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=127763de-3a20-4ce1-a6bf-75edff04b5ab&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
AkberAlwani (916)
3/28/2007 12:07:41 AM

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> Hi EthixNet,
> There are couple of way you can do so this: Below is one solution in my mind
> see if you can like this:
>
> 1. Create one supplier called "Counter supplier" we will use this when we
> purchase some items from customer in respect of trade-in
> 2.  Create one Tender type called "trade-inout" or "paid out" you can select
> the type as "Account or Other" This we will use when we sell the customer
> gift voucher against the trade in with him.
>
> Now first you wanted to perform the trade-in then you can use the store
> operation and use receiving/po to driectly received the item you can create
> on fly that item or you can also use the generic code for this. remember to
> use the supplier code as defined above
>
> Now sell in respect of trade-in anything to customer i.e. gift
> certificate/vocuher and use tender type as the one you created in step # 2.
>
> Now this customer can use the given gift cert/voucher for any of his
> purchases, balance can be keep by the customer in the form of voucher. This
> really work.
>
> in Accounting wise you can map both purchasing and recievable account to
> same as when you purchase something worth $200 you use the some account the
> same account you use for the receivable when you sell the voucher to customer
> and use as tender the above mentioned type.
>
> I am also drawing for you some mapping document which may help you too. Let
> me know what financial system you are using.
>

> "EthixNet" wrote:
>
> > Client runs an antique store. Can Dynamics RMS Accept an item in on trade and
> > provide a credit to the store for the value of the item, then either cash or
> > a credit (via a gift card) to the customer.
> >

> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=127763de-3a20-4ce1-a6bf-75edff04b5ab&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
EthixNet (2)
3/28/2007 12:14:40 AM

"EthixNet" wrote:

> Client runs an antique store. Can Dynamics RMS Accept an item in on trade and
> provide a credit to the store for the value of the item, then either cash or
> a credit (via a gift card) to the customer.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=127763de-3a20-4ce1-a6bf-75edff04b5ab&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
AkberAlwani (916)

customizing quote merge template

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

can i download lxce serv.exe

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Input to custom reports

how many receivers i can add

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Customer check data

Can't configure Outlook Express

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

landed costs in MS RMS
Is there a standard functionality on handling landed costs (allocating freight and other related costs to the value of goods purchased)? We've heard that there's add-on that need to purchased in addition to RMS to support this feature and so far we couldn't hear of someone who has used it. Try contacting www.retailrealm.us directly for a reference on the Landed Cost add-on. Rob "Kstylian" <Kstylian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D5F933-4592-4AEE-AE31-7673261F88EC@microsoft.com... > Is there a standard functionality on handling landed ...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...