Can new items be entered into the POS using .csv?

Situation:

    We have a RMS station at location "A" that uses RMS V2.x.
Then we have a RMS station at location "B" that uses RMS V1.x

    Both locations feed off of the same inventory. New items that we have
were added to location "A" (V2.x) but were not added to location "B" (V1.x)

    We now want to sync up location "B" with location "A". We cannot transfer
the database from "A" to "B" so we are stuck with manually adding the new
products to "B".

I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to run a report that shows only "New Items" added to "A"
(V2.x) since January 01, 2009?

2. Is there a way to then turn that information into a .csv (or something
similar) and import the "New Items" into location "B" (V1.x)?

I really appreciate your time and consideration when offering ideas to
resolve this situation.
--
Frank Rizzo
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Frank,

Here are my ideas over this issue. First thing, You should really think of
upgrading the v1.x RMS station to v2.0, (and maybe purchasing HQ, for both of
them), it will make things much more easier for You...

On the other side, about your questions:
1º) Yes, there is standard RMS report, that You can execute, modify and
customize (filtering by a field "DateCreated") to have the Items created
after specific date. After that, You can easily (again, standard RMS option,
right click over the report, export) export this data, from the report into a
..csv file or other format...

2º) Now, to import this data into the RMS v1.x, it have to be:
 - or a personalized development, that could be executed outside of RMS or
from POS or from the Manager. This development could be an windows app., or
You can adapt the POS to import and create new Items (we have done several
different types of imports, via Excel file, via HTML personalization of the
POS or via windows application, via web-services, etc...)
 - or You can use QSImport (search for it on the web, it's a tool that comes
from the older/previous versions of RMS), to import it into the database...
 - I'm sure, a lot of Partners also have personalized developments or
add-ons, for Item import

At the end, if You have any questions or doubts, contact me and I'll help
you (antonijo_todorovik@hotmail.com)

Regards, A.

--
ADTodorovik