Calling add customer / add item functionallity from addin

I am developing a new addin and would like to call the add customer and add
item UI directly from my addin without having to switch back and forth
between the addin and POS. Not actually wanting to add them to a transaction
just the database. I could access the dB directly but I don't want to
reinvent the wheel and I want to use RMS so all the entries and validation
are sweet. Micro$oft crew if you are reading this and other posts, then you
probably know why open source software is doing so well. Publish your full
API for Version 1.2 and you might sell more product!!!
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

seaching for items ans summing them
Hi guys, I need a little help with a worksheet. I currently have a table that contains part numbers and quantities in the format:- part quantity abc 125 efg 500 hjk 250 and so on. I need to be able to search for each unique part number,sum the quantity for each part number and display in a table. any ideas? Hi use a pivottable for this. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, G...

Payments not updating Customers Account
Hi All, I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers account and others have not. I can see the journal entries for the transaction but the account shows no payment made. Any suggestions. Deck Hi Deck I have the same problem, although I can only see that it is affecting one account at the moment but two payments? I haven't had a resolve yet, If you get one will you let me know? -- Jenny "Deck" wrote: > Hi All, > > I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers > account and others have not. I can se...

Saving customized excel toolbar
Is there anyway to save customized toolbar for Excel? Once in a while my customized toolbar disappears. So I got to repeat customizing toolbar so often. I hope that a file similar to "Normal.do" for word exists for excel. I am currently using 2003Office Suite under WinXP Pro SP2. Roman Roman Customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in your Excel11.xlb file. Usually stored in........... C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel but if on a network may be somewhere else. Do a file search for *.xlb if need be. You may have more than one so note...

New History Item, Mail Message sends all messages as Rich Text Format
We are using Business Contact Manager 2007 with Outlook 2007. We are not using Exchange server as a backend, just plain old pop3/smtp mail servers. Problem we are having is when we open up an account, Click on New History Item, Mail Message, and if we send an attachment with that, the person that receives the message gets it in Rich Text format. If we right click on the Email address itself and click on Send Mail. The message will be sent out fine. Right click on the message and looking at the properties of the email address has the internet format listed as "Let Outlook decide the ...

Problem in deploying Outlook 2003 Add-in
I have developed the add-in using Visual studio 2005 in C#. Outlook add-in is failing to load when Outlook starts on some machines. It works absolutely fine on some other machine. On problematic machines, some times the LoadBehavior is changing from 3 to 2 when oulook starts. I can't even find my Addin either in the Disabled list (Help_>About) or Tools->Options-Others->AdvancedOptions. Could anyone please help me or point to any tutorial which will help in developing the installer for this add-in using the Wise Installer. (I want know what all files to be added to target...

Sql to return items in promo
Hi, Somone much more inteligent than me once told me a sql to run in HQ which would return all items which have a Qty discount/ promotion applied to them.. I cant find it - would someone be able to remind me? Thanks v much Phil Hi Philip see if this returns what you are looking for.... select i.itemlookupcode, i.description, qd.description from item i inner join quantitydiscount qd on i.quantitydiscountid = qd.id "Philip Gass" wrote: > Hi, > > Somone much more inteligent than me once told me a sql to run in HQ which > would return all items which have a Qt...

In adding contact to Outlook, I get "operation failed"..cannot add
SeahawkX wrote: Hi -please post by putting a concise summary in your subject line, and a lot more detail in the body of your post. Include your version/mode/SP level of Outlook (help | about will tell you this)...also how you're trying to do this (add a contact to your Contacts folder, etc)... ...

Custom Report #4
We use additional fields in the customer profile for tracking video rental. How can we run a repor that shows typical customer fields along with the additional fields that are available under the additional tab. thx. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02C1_01C6A0FE.9CC6F620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MOI, The standard Customer List has them as Hidden columns. After generating = your report, right click on the body | Show/Hide Columns | select the = ones you want to display --=20 * Get ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Configure user permissions on a custom webpart
Hi. I'm working on a custom webpart, which is a list that gets data from a ms sql database. If you press a record, a new form will be shown containing information regarding this record. I would like to be able to limit access to the second form, it should only be certain user who should have access to this. On the second form it is possible to edit the information, by pressing a "edit" btn, only specific users should have access to this. My question is, how do I make these permissions, should I make a table in the database with the certain users, and make code for...

Item description lookup
I need to make the Item Lookup to default to item description lookup. I do not need the short description. How do I accomplish this with either modifier,VBA or both? thank you, Amy Please send me a message by clicking on my profile to get my e-mail address. Take out the nospam portion. I will send you some VBA code. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Amy" wrote: > I need to make the Item Lookup to default to item description lookup. I do > not need the short description. How do I accomplish this with either > modifier,VBA or both? > > thank you, > Amy ...

Customize Outlook Calendar ??
Hello! I'm publishing my outlook calendar as a web page using "Save as Web Page". Is there a way in Outlook where I can customize output page? Thanks! -Zaha only by editing the files. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Zaha A&q...

Create a custom culture that might be wrong
Hi! I'm reading in a book and there is some code that might be wrong. Here is the code enclosed within "" "CultureInfo usCulture = new CultureInfo("en-US"); RegionInfo usRegion = new RegionInfo("US"); CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder demoBuilder = new CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder ("en-US", CultureAndRegionModifiers.Neutral); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromCultureInfo(usCulture); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromRegionInfo(usRegion);" As you can see the CultureAndRegionModifiers is set to Neutral but according to the MSDN doc this Neutral ...

How to remove Snagit add-ins?
After installing Snagit, I discovered that a Snagit add-in appears in my Excel toolbars. How do I remove that? I tried Removing Accessories using Snagit (9.1.3), to now avail. I do not see anything in the Add and Remove Programs Control Panel other than Snagit itself. I did rename the SnagitOfficeAddin and SnagitOfficeAddinRes dlls, among others. That seems to have worked. But I wary of that approach. I do find things in the Registry that might be related. Of course, I __very__ wary of messing with those directly. I would prefer to use some option in Snagit to clean ...

Custom Item Movement History
Is there a way to print a Item movement report, with 12 month colums and items in row to see how many items were purchased in total and in which months they were sold. We just took over a store and are adding it to our umbrella. That store uses Smart Vendor for a POS and we use RMS we will at some point switch over to RMS. But it has sone report that are a little more detailed the RMS and the Item movement is one. ...

Unable to add new E-mail account
For a long time I have setup and used 3 mail accounts for POP Mail successfully. Now, when trying to add a new e-mail account, all options on the first window (selecting the "Server Type") are "greyed out" - meaning I cannot select from anyone of them. What do I need to do/(de-)activate/install/repair etc.? ...

Select unique products per customer?
Looking at the Northwind database as an example, I need to take all the products from the Orders table and put them into one field in a table for each customer so that I end up with each customer and the products they've ordered in row with no duplicate products for each customer. Thanks for any help/suggestions. Jim Putting them in a table is the wrong thing to do as it will be out of date the next time something is ordered. Just use this query each time -- SELECT CustomerID, Product FROM YourTable GROUP BY CustomerID, Product; -- Build a little, test a l...

ITEM DELETION
I have multiple locations running rms and we change items frequently making item deletion necessary. is there a SQL command to delete random item numbers for product that we will no longer carry from the database? Thanks, Jim Conway Jim, NEVER, EVER DELETE ITEMS!!! You are doing yourself a GREAT disservice by deleting them. You are deleting your history of what you have done. Same goes for sales, purchase orders, customers, etc. How can you create a informed decision without past information? Computers are fast & cheap and getting faster & cheaper by the day. Hard driv...

Coloring list item?
Using the MFC (in VS C++ 2003 .NET), is it possible to change the background color of a list item, not the whole list background, just a single item / line inside the list control (and NOT just highlighting it with a select message)? Or is it possible to change foreground color / text color? If the answer(s), are yes, then could an example be posted or a resource be pointed to? Any advice would help. I just really want some of the items of a list to *stand out* and to be different from other elements (and I would prefer not to just add an icon to differentiate differing elements). Thanks al...

Location of Microsoft Access 2003 Custom designed Toolbar file
Where is the Microsoft Access Custom Toolbar (the one I have created icons on) located on the hard drive? What is the actual file name Thanks! There is no particular file. If you create a custom menu/tool bar, then that is contained with the database... The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database window etc). Also, using these options means you do not have to bother setting up security. Try downloading ...

Pivot Table: How can I organize data items in a row?
Hi, I am trying to build a pivot table which has categories only in row fields but not in column fields. Instead, the data items should be organized in columns instead of rows. For example, this is what I have now with two data items (habitants and location): inhabitants Country location --------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120 Asia But I want this: Country inhabitants location ------------------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120...

Permanently Deleting Items
Hello. I am using exchange 2003 and I want to be able to have mail in the users' deleted mailbox automatically delete after a certain time (say 2 days). Under the mailbox store, I have it set to keep deleted items for 1 day, but it's not deleting the mail (Im have a feeling now that this setting has to do with recovering mail that a user has permanently deleted). In any event, is there a way for me to do this, or even to periodically clean mail from the users junk folder. Thanks. You should be able to use Mailbox Manager for this (don't have a KB article handy) Re your...

I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application.
Hi folks I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application Regards David You can use LoadImage to load it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C2D61B-7556-4484-A317-D16B53D255B9@microsoft.com... > Hi folks, > > I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application. > > Regards, > David ...

Sum all items from the given year
I have two columns: A - formated as Date ("YYYY-MM-DD") with dates of purchase B - formated as Number with cost of purchase The columns constantly grow or shrink as I am adding new items or deleting them. I already figured out how to sum up the global cost of purchase without having to define a rigid range in the B column: =SUM($B:$B) It works just fine for me summing up all of the non-empty cells in column B. Now I would like to sum up the cost of purchase for a given year, eg. 2011. It should probably look like: =SUM.IF($A:$A;"GIVEN YEAR";$B:$B) However, I cannot figure o...

adding user submitted items to a list
hello all, any help with this would be greatly appreciated... there's a cell were a user is asked to input data, and a command butto marked 'submit'. There is also a list. When the button is clicked for the first time I require the underlyin macro to place the inputted data into the 1st position in the list (n problem so far). However when the button is clicked for the 2nd time require the macro to place that data in the 2nd position... ie eac time the button is pressed the list grows. how do I write the macro to ensure the data is inputted one row dow from the last inputted p...