Block sale of this Item

I have employees who use lookup codes, instead of scanning, I have made items
inactive and checked block sale of this item, yet if they type in the lookup
code it will bring up the item, is there any way other then deleting the item
to stop it from coming up whey they type in the look-up code?   I don't
understand why it will let you sell the item if it is inactive and why the
block sale of this item is not working.
0
dj97128 (1)
9/27/2006 9:11:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_03D5_01C6E254.A32EEE90

Dj,

What option did you select for the block?  I just setup an inactive item =
that cannot be sold after 9/26/06 and it warns it can only be returned =
and if not returned blocks the complete sale.

Remember you need to select either a date or a schedule after checking =
the block sale option

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "dj97128" <dj97128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I have employees who use lookup codes, instead of scanning, I have =
made items=20
  inactive and checked block sale of this item, yet if they type in the =
lookup=20
  code it will bring up the item, is there any way other then deleting =
the item=20
  to stop it from coming up whey they type in the look-up code?   I =
don't=20
  understand why it will let you sell the item if it is inactive and why =
the=20
  block sale of this item is not working.
------=_NextPart_000_03D5_01C6E254.A32EEE90

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Dj,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>What option did you select for the =
block?&nbsp; I just=20
setup an inactive item that cannot be sold after 9/26/06 and it warns it =
can=20
only be returned and if not returned blocks the complete =
sale.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Remember you need to select either a date or =
a schedule=20
after checking the block sale option</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"dj97128" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:dj97128@discussions.microsoft.com">dj97128@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:E6A25864-9217-4E25-816C-B42557072C12@microsoft.com">news:E6A=
25864-9217-4E25-816C-B42557072C12@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have employees who use lookup codes, instead of scanning, I have made =
items=20
  <BR>inactive and checked block sale of this item, yet if they type in =
the=20
  lookup <BR>code it will bring up the item, is there any way other then =

  deleting the item <BR>to stop it from coming up whey they type in the =
look-up=20
  code?&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't <BR>understand why it will let you sell the =
item if=20
  it is inactive and why the <BR>block sale of this item is not=20
working.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_03D5_01C6E254.A32EEE90--

0
spam3944 (2163)

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C6E2DB.030E93C0

Making the items inactive doesn't block it from being sold, only "Block =
the sales of this item" option will do it for u, just make sure u select =
the right dates in 'Block before" and "Block after"
Note that if u get confused in 'Block before" and "Block after", RMS =
will still accept it and u'll still be able to sell the item

Nashat

"dj97128" <dj97128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have employees who use lookup codes, instead of scanning, I have made =
items=20
> inactive and checked block sale of this item, yet if they type in the =
lookup=20
> code it will bring up the item, is there any way other then deleting =
the item=20
> to stop it from coming up whey they type in the look-up code?   I =
don't=20
> understand why it will let you sell the item if it is inactive and why =
the=20
> block sale of this item is not working.
------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C6E2DB.030E93C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Making the items inactive doesn't block =
it from=20
being sold, only "Block the sales of this item" option will do it for u, =
just=20
make sure u select the right dates in 'Block <STRONG>before</STRONG>" =
and "Block=20
<STRONG>after</STRONG>"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Note that if u get confused in 'Block =
before" and=20
"Block after", RMS will still accept it and u'll still be able to sell =
the=20
item</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nashat</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"dj97128" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:dj97128@discussions.microsoft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>dj97128@discussions.microsoft.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:E6A25864-9217-4E25-816C-B42557072C12@microsoft.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:E6A25864-9217-4E25-816C-B42557072C12@microsoft.com</FONT></=
A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt;I =
have employees=20
who use lookup codes, instead of scanning, I have made items <BR>&gt; =
inactive=20
and checked block sale of this item, yet if they type in the lookup =
<BR>&gt;=20
code it will bring up the item, is there any way other then deleting the =
item=20
<BR>&gt; to stop it from coming up whey they type in the look-up=20
code?&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't <BR>&gt; understand why it will let you sell =
the item=20
if it is inactive and why the <BR>&gt; block sale of this item is not=20
working.</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C6E2DB.030E93C0--

0
ahmed.nashat (140)

Threading question
Is there a way to protect a section of code so that all the statements in the protected block are executed without being interrupted by another thread? I have a worker thread that adds a value to an array (a circular buffer) then increments the array index. If the user clicks on a button of a form in the main thread, sometimes the main thread code will then access the array after the value has been added, but before the array index has been updated. I know I've seen ways to protect code in other languages (Pascal or Ada I think) but how can this be done in vb.net? t...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

Print multiple items
How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Rick wrote: > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Hold down the control key while clicking to select multiple items, just like in Explorer, and then File - Print? -- f.h. Rick, Please enlighten me. Why do so many folks want to print electronic mail? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17BF6FD0-1EA8-4CBE-A54D-4F67C5A957F2@microsoft.com... > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. ...

Assembly Item and Departments
We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens fees and cart fees together. But we would like for this assembly item, not the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees) from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen. The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the department and have them showing up individually. I didn't know if there was something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, any other ideas of how to accomplish this...

Keeping Deleted Items Folder Cleaned Up
I'm trying to add a rule that will delete any item over 2 years old in my deleted items folder. The rules wizard only lets me select the inbox. I delete stuff but don't clear deleted box in case I need it later. Is there a way that I could send a deleted email to a temporary folder and have a rule for it to send it to the deleted box and have my deleted box emptied whenever I log out? Thanks for your help, Marw ...

Sent Items freezes
Clicking on the Sent Items folder win Outlook 2002 causes Outlook to lock up, and then display the generic message "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close". This is the only folder that behaves this way and it is the same whether working on-line or off-line. Any suggestions??? Thanks ...

Adding Zip to Sales | Accounts screen
Hi. Is it possible to add Zip to the other items in the Sales | Accounts view? Currently it reads left to right, Account Name, Primary Contact, Main Phone, and City. We want to add Zip. I guess you have to dive nto the SDK. Is it possible there? I can see looking at 3rd party apps that you could add another menu tab/category on the left under Invoices. I guess it could read Accounts2 or something...but we'd rather modify the existing accounts view. Anyone know how to do this or if it can be done? Thanks for any info. Sincerely, Nathan M Keller Belay that. Figured it out. Home ...

How to make a Sales Process Die?
We had a sales process set up, and then decided it was not what we wanted. I deactivated it, and deleted it in workflow manager. Unfortunately, the opportunities set up under this process cannot be dissassociated form the Sales process, and there doesn't seem to be any way to purge the Sales process from these records. It also causes some strange results on the Opportunity by sales stage reports. Anyone know how to purge a Sales process Completely from the system?? Thanks Only way around this would be to recreate the opportunities. I do not know what affect deleting the sa...

cant copy this items
pls help as i cant copy messsage from one folder to another,TQ ...

Pivot Table Help
Hello, I have a challenging pivot table issue that I hope I can get some help on. Here is the spreadsheet I'm working with: https://www.yousendit.com/download/OHo0N3RSSU90d0UwTVE9PQ I'm having problems with showing percentages in my pivot table such as gross margin and operational profit. Here is the P&L pivot table as I have it now, as you can see I can't get the "Gross Margin %" to output a number. Both "Gross Margin %" and "Operational Profit %" are calculated fields I've added to the pivot table since the raw data only inc...

My Com Add-ins cause outlook process blocked
Hi All, I have developped an outlook Com Add-in and normaly my add in works fine; but when I ran it under W2K outlook 2000, I got a problem, the outlook window is closed but I can still find outlook.exe process in the task manager, that will cause my Com Add-in Loading failure. If I remove my Add In, the outlook is closed properly; Here is what I am doing in my souce code: Implements IDTExtensibility2 Dim WithEvents objApp As OUTLOOK.Application Dim WithEvents objOutlookExp As OUTLOOK.Explorer Dim WithEvents objActiveInspector As OUTLOOK.inspector Public WithEvents objItems As OUTLOOK.Ite...

Discount vs Sale Pricing
Need option for displayed price to be based on lower of customer discount or sale price, but not both. For example, currently I have item XYZ on sale for $70 (reg. price = $100). I have customer 'Jim' who has 30% discount automatically set-up in the customer database. When Jim buys XYZ, the price that gets rung-up is $49. I was expecting $70 (i.e. the lowest price considering either the sale price or customer discount, but not customer discount on top of sale price). I've tried all kinds of options using the 'Discount' tab, but it appears the software doesn't...

Field Code For First Item In TOC Per Section
When you insert a Footer, Word has a built in Footer that allows you to automatically reference the first item in that Section that is in the TOC. Example: First Section Title Sub Item1 Sub Item2...... If you highlight "First Section Title" it will appear in the TOC if you use the Add Text and check the required level. It will also automatically appear in your footer. I want to be able to use that capabilty in other parts of my document but can't find a filed code for it. I already looked under Quick Parts->Field but cann...

Block A Domain
We are running Server 2003, Exchan ge 2003 and need to block a domain that is bombarding us with NDR's - literally thousands Unhable to block it with our spam filter an hopinbg an easy way in Exhange Thanks -- "Hell, I would Piss on a Spark Plug if it would make the Darn Thing Work" On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:21:25 GMT, "James Stoddard" <wildcat66@hotmail.com> wrote: > >We are running Server 2003, Exchan ge 2003 and need to block a domain that >is bombarding us with NDR's - literally thousands > >Unhable to block it with our spam filter ...

Using Special Folders for Sent Items like OE
Outlook Express 6.0 allows you to store 'sent' item on the server if you are set up to use IMAP services (advanced tab/special folders. Does Outlook 2003 offer same function? I want to be able to share my sent items with my colleagues when I am on the road. Thanks for any help available. -- Peter S. PeterS <peter.sullivan@accurate-fasteners.com> wrote: > Outlook Express 6.0 allows you to store 'sent' item on the server if > you are set up to use IMAP services (advanced tab/special folders. > Does Outlook 2003 offer same function? No. Your Sent Items folder ...

Item Reports
Version 2.0.0110 I frequently need a item quantity report of all of the members of a matrix item. I can produce a list using SQL in the Administrator, but this is a fairly complex query. It would be very convienient to have a preformatted report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Working with Sales Processes
I am wondering the best way to skip stages in a sales process. Obviously in real life, buying and selling doesn't always follow the same process every time. I've tried to tackle this with Subprocesses, but with little resolve. If anyone knows the best way to do something like this, or to even mass complete all the tasks in one stage, it would be much appreciated. Thanks. It depends on the way the business works. In my previous life as a CRM administrator the NBD Team had several Sales Processes which were applicable to various "sales scenarios". One was for the full fle...

stupid blocked sender isn't blocked
got spam, right clicked, chose junk, chose add sender to blocked sender list. went into junk email options, editted the blocked sender so that i blocked the whole domain. not 10 minutes later another piece of spam from that same domain shows up in my in-box. and then another, and another and another... it's ridiculous. i can't find anything in any options or customization to deal with this. microsoft's help is no help at all. i posted 2 questions to a newsgroup i found yesterday, can't find it today to save my life. What version of Outlook do you use? To find previo...

Detailed Sales Report by Hour
Hello- I have a retail store chain and we stay open until 2am. So I need a sales report that can capture from 10am-2am and consider that the same day. Is there a report out there that will give me the sales from about 9am-4am(next day) and no other days? There is no "time/hour" filter. Also, can this report break down tender types? I already tried the detailed sales report by hour and had no luck. I think that there is a simple way for this, but I do not know. Please let me know Thanks J.J. The report could be customised to break the transaction time into hours, then you c...

FRX Building Blocks
Where are the Reporting Tree files located for the Building Blocks? In the Spec Set folder, along with the row format and column layout. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Correction, in the Sys Data folder. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Brenda, I don't believe you can open the reporting trees or any other building blocks outside of the FRx user interface - is that why you're asking for the files? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.f...

KIT ASSEMBLY or STANDARD Item
Here the question Product comes 4 bags to a case (2000 Paintballs) $75 for the case (25 less than below) Can be sold as a case of 4 or as individuals (4 bags of 500 Paintballs) $25 per bag Obviously MP Qty 4 of a standard Item Here's the stickler I need to also be able to break a BAG into 5 more of a smaller Quantity Items and sell it that way. (1 Bag of 500 broken into 5 bags of 100) @ 7.50 a bag any ideas? I'd go with Parent/Child relationships for this "500 round pack" has a parent of "2000 round pack" Qty 4 "100 round pack" also has a parent...

this is a message header. the full item has not been downloaded
Hi, I'm getting this message subject in some messages I receive thru the Outlook 2003: "this is a message header. the full item has not been downloaded" I only get this subject and no message body. The Exchange is a 2003. Both the Outlook as the Exchage are most up to date. Allready searched in mstechnet but got no results. Anyone? Tks. Best regards, zogerdr If you hit return on the header item do you get the option to download the full item? "zogerdr" <zogerdr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126618125.017760.282240@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &g...

Exchange 2003 search for emails and retained deleted items
We have a customer who needs to find the sender of an email, they do not have access to the sent email, that would be to easy. Also to be able to search Exchange retained emails. Does anyone know of a Microsoft way to search all sent items and Retained deleted items, or even a third party tool. There are about 650 mail boxes. -- Regards Dave -- Regards Dave On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:35:05 -0700, "David Iles" <DavidIles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a customer who needs to find the sender of an email, they do not have >access to the sent email, that woul...

Some calendar items note displayed when using cached mode
We are running Outlook 2003 SP2 on XP Pro and recently users are reporting items that should be in their calendars not appearing. If we disable cached mode they appear. There are no errors and Outlook reports the calendar is properly synched with the server. Has anyone encountered this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

re:extracting namelist from sales file
Hi everyone I was trying to re-edit the namelist of customers from the sales recor of last year. I used advance-filter function to simplify the file. checked the unique file but happened to see same customers of differen invoices appear more than once. What I have done wrong? How to mak each customer name appear once only. Please help. Thank you. lalaexce -- lalaexce ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lalaexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3058 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....