Bin Location

Hi,

is there a way to enter bin location without opening each item? I have
created a spreadsheet with item lookup code and bin location. I know I can
open each item and enter its bin location but, as you know it will become a
major project. I am looking for a way to import or use something like wizard
and edit all items for which I have bin location.

Any help is appreciated
0
JD1 (109)
1/27/2006 2:15:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use a tool such as EMS SQL Import $65.
http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/mssql/dataimport

Rob

"JD" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to enter bin location without opening each item? I have
> created a spreadsheet with item lookup code and bin location. I know I can
> open each item and enter its bin location but, as you know it will become a
> major project. I am looking for a way to import or use something like wizard
> and edit all items for which I have bin location.
>
> Any help is appreciated
0
rob242 (534)
1/27/2006 4:29:02 AM
You could also use set of queries.

Let's assume that you have a spreadsheet with Item Lookup Codes and their
corresponding Bin Locations in columns A & B.

Enter the following formula in column C:
=CONCATENATE("UPDATE Item SET BinLocation = '",TEXT(B1,0),"' WHERE
ItemLookupCode = '",TEXT(A1,0),"'")

The result will be a query that reads:
UPDATE Item SET BinLocation = 'B1' WHERE ItemLookupCode = 'A1'

If you fill column C with this formula, you'll end up with a long list of
queries, each assigning a Bin Location to a specific Item Lookup Code.  Just
copy the list into a new query window and go for it.

I'd recommend doing this when the store is closed.  I'd strongly urge you to
backup your database prior to running this query.  If it screws up your
database, you can restore easily enough.

You'll need a precise match for the Item Lookup Codes from the Spreadsheet
in your RMS database.  It might be best to run a query like SELECT * FROM
Item, export the query, open it with Excel, delete all of the columns except
Item Lookup Code and enter your Bin Locations on that spreadsheet.  If you
already have the bin locations entered and don't want to re-enter, you could
use the VLOOKUP function in Excel to find matching data on your existing
table.

OTOH, I do also have the EMS Import/Export bundle Rob recommended.

Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"JD" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to enter bin location without opening each item? I have
> created a spreadsheet with item lookup code and bin location. I know I can
> open each item and enter its bin location but, as you know it will become a
> major project. I am looking for a way to import or use something like wizard
> and edit all items for which I have bin location.
>
> Any help is appreciated
0
tomg1 (230)
1/27/2006 8:25:27 PM
Tom & Rob,

I really appreciate you taking time to respond to my question. I am going to
try doing this on Sunday when my store will be closed. If all goes well, you
won't hear from me for some time

Take care
JD

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> You could also use set of queries.
>
> Let's assume that you have a spreadsheet with Item Lookup Codes and their
> corresponding Bin Locations in columns A & B.
>
> Enter the following formula in column C:
> =CONCATENATE("UPDATE Item SET BinLocation = '",TEXT(B1,0),"' WHERE
> ItemLookupCode = '",TEXT(A1,0),"'")
>
> The result will be a query that reads:
> UPDATE Item SET BinLocation = 'B1' WHERE ItemLookupCode = 'A1'
>
> If you fill column C with this formula, you'll end up with a long list of
> queries, each assigning a Bin Location to a specific Item Lookup Code.  Just
> copy the list into a new query window and go for it.
>
> I'd recommend doing this when the store is closed.  I'd strongly urge you to
> backup your database prior to running this query.  If it screws up your
> database, you can restore easily enough.
>
> You'll need a precise match for the Item Lookup Codes from the Spreadsheet
> in your RMS database.  It might be best to run a query like SELECT * FROM
> Item, export the query, open it with Excel, delete all of the columns except
> Item Lookup Code and enter your Bin Locations on that spreadsheet.  If you
> already have the bin locations entered and don't want to re-enter, you could
> use the VLOOKUP function in Excel to find matching data on your existing
> table.
>
> OTOH, I do also have the EMS Import/Export bundle Rob recommended.
>
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>

> "JD" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to enter bin location without opening each item? I have
> > created a spreadsheet with item lookup code and bin location. I know I can
> > open each item and enter its bin location but, as you know it will become a
> > major project. I am looking for a way to import or use something like wizard
> > and edit all items for which I have bin location.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated
0
JD1 (109)

Where is address book located?
Can someone please tell me where on your system the outlook address book in located. And what file I am looking for? My "C" drive crashed but I do have some backup of it on another drive. I hope it may be located on the backup, I just don't know where to look and what to look for. I lost all my address's. you can e-mail me direct at sea157@suscom.net or post here on the news group. Thanks Do a search for any *.pab file. This is the extention for personal address book. I hope this helps "sea" <sea@suscomspam.net> wrote in message news:vuhsl4f07dobe@corp...

OE mail folder location
Can someone tell me where mail folders are kept in Outlook Express for Mac Classic - OS9.2? -- Dr. Harvey Waxman 73 Wright Lane Wickford RI 02852 On 9/12/05 10:10 AM, in article hwaxman-2FCE36.13104912092005@msnews.microsoft.com, "Harvey Waxman" <hwaxman@cox.net> wrote: > > Can someone tell me where mail folders are kept in Outlook Express for Mac > Classic - OS9.2? There are no separate mail folder files (as there were back in OE 4.5). Mail messages and folders are stored in the combined Messages and Database files which, in 99.9% of all cases, here: ~/Doc...

Folder location
In organizing emails, does it matter whether a folder is placed under the email account or under storage folders? Is there any advantage to use "storage" folders? The only advantage I can think of, if you accidentally delete a mail = account, you won't lose the emails or their folders when they are under Storage = folders. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "bob" <bobw888@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:Jv-dnW6vMrL1rKzWnZ2dnUVZ_tOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > In o...

Using a custom nk.bin in an emulator
Hi My development team has compiled an nk.bin file for a custom BSP. and they have sent me the os image so i can start developing .net applications for it, i am not sure how to get the nk.bin on the device emaulator list so i can deploy my apps to it, any help would be appreciated. I havent been able to find anything on the web on how to add the os image to the list, unless i am not looking in the right place. Thanks Souhail What they should send you is a device SDK generated in Platform Builder for your target device. One of the choices that they have is to also compi...

Image Database Locations
I have a database where my images are located in a folder outside of the database. However, I work on the database in two different locations from a flash drive. In so doing, the drive letters are different. I don't have the ability of changing the drive letter at one location. So, is there a way to put the image file location in a format that will search from the current drive? I currently have the location setup as the following: <ProjectFolder> Database.mdb <ImageFolder> Image#.jpg So, the image location in the table looks like this: "F:\Proj...

Outlook/ Exchange Profile location
The company I have been at for a short while uses an outlook profile that adds a disclaimer to external emails. However, he left before I could ask him where it was! Since I have set up my own AD acc and mailbox I cannot find this profile. What is the extension for these files, and/or is there an easy way to find them? ------- Tech Admin West Midlands, England Stressed and Tired! -------- Did he set it up per user or on the Exchange store? If per user, you're looking for the signature files; this varies depending on the version of Outlook. If he added the disclaimer to the Exc...

Add bin to Historical Stock Status Report
If a client is Multi Site and wants to use MRP, the recommended solution from MBS is to enable Multi Bin functionality and treat the different physical locations as bins. Ultimately, the client controller will want to see quantity and inventory value for a particular site (Bin in Great Plains). If they are using FIFO periodic as the valuation method for their inventory, there is not a report that gives the different FIFO layers for an item within a bin. Our customers do not see Great Plains as a viable solution if they cannot get the value of their inventory for a particular physical...

edit SNMP location field
I have to update the SNMP location field, under the Agent tab for 50 servers with addres information. The same information for all servers. Is there a way for Powershell to pull a list of server names from a txt file, update this field, then restart this service for every server? Thanks in advance This information can be accessed via the Registry. Are you using PowerShell v1 or v2 on the system where you'll start this process? Assuming you have some kind of Administrator account to all of the machines, and you don't have firewall issues, you may be able to do it eas...

Recycle Bin
The Recycle Bin on my Desktop shows it is full, however when I right click on it and click on Empty Recycle bin I get a message that says " Cannot Delete Dc12: Access is denied". When I open the Recycle Bin there are no files listed. Have done a search for Dc12 with no luck. How do I get the Recycle Bin to Show empty on my Desktop? Thanks. Vic This might work: Try running CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/ -- Don Vancouver, USA "Victor" <victorj@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:mhroh5taihopela8e2h6vacemtvr6eghk1@4ax.com... > The R...

Multiple CDynLinkLibrary in DllMain proc and other location
Hi, I've got some MFC extensions DLL from which I have removed the multiple resources. I localize the resources into separated resources-only DLL because of the difficulty to deal with the language resources load order. The problem is that I must ensure a backward compatibility with the old clients EXE. Indeed these assume to the DLL find out itself its resources; i.e a default behaviour. I code this like (from my extension dll): AFX_EXTENSION_MODULE extDLL; DllMain(...) { .... AfxInitExtensionModule(extDLL); extDLL.hResource = AfxLoadLibrary( default resource); new CDynLinkLibrary(...

Changing a link to the same spreadsheet in another location
Part 1: I want to change links in my Publisher document from one Excel spreadsheet to another referencing the same area. I have tried to change links, but Publisher displays the entire spreadsheet, not the same range. How do I edit and specify the the range I want? ...

Moving the link to Acess to another location
Dear All Office 9 I have a spreadsheet which is linking to an Access database in My Documents. I want to put this spreadsheet on the network drive and also move the access database there But how do I edit my links/get data query in excel to choose the access database on the network drive and not from my documents??? Have a look at "Update references to a workbook that has been renamed or moved" in the excel help file. Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Dear All, > >Office 97 > >I have a spreadsheet which is linking to an Access database in My Do...

How to use cascading combos to *select* locations
Hi, I'm a bit lost, and finding the Access learning curve *very* steep... Anyway, I have read about using filtered queries to limit available selections in eg. combo box 2 based on the entry selected from combo box 1. However, I think I need something a little different. I am trying to develop a database to catalogue "talks" given at various locations (locations are three lookup tables: Country, Region, and Building). And the main reason I do not wish to use filtered queries is that I wish the locations to be unique (eg. two different regions might have a building with the s...

How do i remove old server locations in meeting workspace?
I have a situation where our workspace server location has changed its url. A lot of users have simply created a new server location using the updated URL but some users are still confused when accidently trying to create a workspace using the outdated URL. Is it possible to clear the list of server locations or at least remove the outdated location? ...

Word 2008: What section number is cursor location?

primary delivery location
I am trying to create & have my .pst file on a different drive other than boot etc. When I creat additional .pst files which I can successfully do , I can not make them the primary delivery location & then just delete the default location. Is this possible , & if so how? Thank you ...

Sorting - Keeping multiple locations together
Have a spreadsheet with items. A = Multiple Locations B = item id (in each location) C = Description D = Qty on Hand (some have zero) E thru J = has misc data I am trying to sort by D - Highest qty on hand and bring all locations with it - no matter what qty is showing. example A B C D 100002 PC12345 tool for PC 2500pc 100003 PC12345 tool for PC 0pc 100004 PC12345 tool for PC 400pc 100005 PC12345 tool for PC 10pc url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1027-1.aspx date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 21:58:00 +0800 author: CARM Re: Sorting - Keeping multiple ...

Inventory Valuation and Location Records
All: Its been awhile since I had to deploy Inventory so I need a quick refresher on Valuation Methods and their intersection with Location Codes. If I remember correctly, Average Perpetual tracks costs at the item level, with such average being applied across all sites. FIFO and LIFO (Periodic or Perpetual) all track at the Site and Item level. Is this correct? I tried to find this in the manual, but it is less than clear. Thanks, Dwight -- ...

FRx sysdata location advice
Our client is running 6.7 with GP 9.0 on a sql 2005 box. One report with 1,445 reporting entities in the Tree takes 3+ hours and eventually crashes with sysdata and FRx application run from the sql server. We installed FRx to a local machine and copied the sysdata folder to it and the same report took under 2 hours. We set the path back to the server sysdata but ran FRx locally and it was going to take over 5 hours to complete the same report. Any advice on the best configuration or optimum settings is appreciated. MES, FRx has a lot of reliance on temp files when executing reporting ...

Move the NCB location
Is it possible to control the location of the NCB file. I have read round this topic on the web and the answer seems to have been 'no', but perhaps someone has found a way since VS2005 was released? I do daily backups to DVD of my code and have changed the intermediary directory for my project so that the object files and intermediary files are created and stored in a directory away from my CPP, H and project files. As we all know, the NCB quite large and has been changed every time I do a backup, but I not want to backup these files for my various project environments. I use N...

Bin number on POP Receiving Journal
Hello, I have a client that would like to see the bin number for each line on the POP receiving journal. Is this possible? So far I am unable to create a table relationship to add this field. Thanks, Jessica Reynolds What you'd probably need to do is drop the temp table and add the tables you need. Or create a report that has what you need. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jessica" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a client that would like to see the bin number for each line on the > POP receiving journal. Is this possible? So far I am unable to create a table > r...

Changing Info Store location ?
Hello, Our client has just purchased a new Dell server with SBS 2003 Std pre installed. The Exchange info store is currently running on the OS partition(c drive) and I want to change it to the data partition(d drive). I have rerun the SBS setup to the point where it shows where Exchange is currently installed. However, the "Change Path" button is grayed out. Same thing when I applied Exchange 2003 SP1, it won't let me change the path. I know in Exchange 5.5 there was a tool you can run to change the info store location. How does one do it in Exchange 2003 ? Thanks, Tony ...

Histogram Bin Error
Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3 Histogram data appear in the wrong bins. For example, data belonging in 100-110 appear in 110-120, etc. This is the case for the numeric results, as well as graphic outputs. Values under the Series tab of a Column chart can be increased by one to get a correct plot. Is there a patch to fix this, or might there be a user error? Thanks in advance. Mike. Mike - Did a cell get inserted or added, to cause the bin range and count range to be offset by a row? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions...

pst files in recycle bin?
I have gigantic pst files: A personal one which must be about 308 MB, and an archive one of about 296 in localsett\appdata\ms\outlook which themselves look suspiciously small. There is also an archive2.pst there which is 270 mb. It dates from May 20th.When I do a search of my hdd, I find these files, as well as Outlook. and archive.pst files at 3-700mb, dated May 20th 2006 which don't seem to delete from the recycle bin? Or are the ones in the recycle bin probably uncompacted with lots of free space in them and I shouldn't really worry about them?. There is also an up to date...

locate link browser
Using Outlook 2003, IE 6 latest patches, no servers etc. When clicking on a url within email message, I get the locate link broswer query back ... this just started after downloading the latest security patch and junk email settings, not sure how that affects things What file / ddl should I be entering in response to the dialog box? Thanks Locate IEXPLORE.EXE and press OK -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Creat...