Better Return Function

1.  When Recall Transaction For Return, instead of bringing up everything
that was purchased in return mode ( and having to delete the ones not being
return), there should be an option to make the POS to ask the user to
scan/enter the item to be return.  Then the program has to check that the
item scanned does exists in that transaction.

2.  Returned item from that transaction should not be allowed to be return
again.

3. In Recall Transaction For Return mode, have the ability to block user
from giving credit/cash back to customer.

4.  In Recall Transaction For Return mode, do not prefill the Tender Screen
with total purchased credit card amount automatically; in which having to
delete that amount everytime.  This creates user errors and confusion.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f445aa22-003f-4f50-95a8-9485c3a907a6&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Natt (22)
5/13/2005 8:46:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Search Function with queries
Hi guys, new user to access 2000 and i am trying to create a search query that will allow me to enter in a value and return that value. The part i am having trouble with is i need to do this for many fields and if i use the method i came up with, when i leave a entry empty using the "AND" function i get nothing and when i use the "OR" function i get all the values for both. maybe you guys can help me get in the right direction. this is the command i am using in SQL: SELECT [Chain Machine prod Machine list].Description, [Chain Machine prod Machine list]...

Customer Statement - Footer summary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7/1/2005 11:34:00 AM CDT -- Stephanie Drilling Can you asssit with a report modification issue? (8248456) We are working on the User Defined Statement format. We have national accounts Cash is applied at the parent account level We wanted a statement that provides a detail of the items by child account with subtotal, then in the report footer, a summary of child account with balance. We can get everything but the footer to do what we want. I have enclosed screen prints and the package file of the report. Any i...

Nz function in query
Hi All, the query below shows an error if any of the date in / date out entries in the table are empty. How can i impiment the Nz function to stop this. SQL from query... SELECT Employees.[First Name], Employees.[Last Name], Format([Normal start Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal Start Time], Format([Normal End Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal End Time], Format([scan time in],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Scan Time In], Format([scan time Out],"h:mm AMPM") AS ['Scan Time Out], Format( [Scan Date In],"dddd dd,mm,yyyy") AS ['Scan Date ...

(MSCONFIG) An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service......
...You may need to log on as administrator.... OK I get this in msconfig when making a change, however the change actually is made despite the error message. This is recent occurance, I am administrator (I have not changed anything on the accounts set-up) I can't fix this, I read it could be something to do with HP printers (weird) and also something to do with anti-virus (sounds more logical). OK so any ideas on how I can go about fixing it? Also when PC goes to sleep I can't wake it with either keyboard or mouse movement. In news:IQKun.15067$pV1.971...

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

if function only lets me do 8 ifs
ok here is my scenario.... i want to make a drop down menu for all of my material on an estimate sheet... if i click on one of the materials on the menu i want the 4 columns of info that are related to that product to appear where my drop down is .. ie... material, price, price with tax, price per square foot... some other people tried to help me witht his earlier but one way didnt really apply to me and the other was too advanced for me to understand so i tried this using the if function and i got something like this.. first i made a table on the same sheet with all the 4 columns lets say...

Vlookup
Dear all, For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks & regards, Automne Look at the MATCH function in Help. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:41:39 +0800, "automne" <hersbt_no_spam@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: >Dear all, > >For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it >possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? > >Your help is highly appreciated. > >Thanks & regards,...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Enter 8 x digit figure to return dd/mm/yyyy (with parenthess)
I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. Thanks in advance :) Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Chip Pearson has some code that'll do what you want at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Alan Bartley wrote: > > I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike > of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to > 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. > >...

control a sub/function via a dropdown menu
Hello, I have a dropdown menu on a chart. What must I do to control a sub/function depending on the selection of the dropdown menu. To make it clear .. every time I make a selection on the dropdown menu a function should be executed. Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance! daMike Mike - The dropdown is a Forms Toolbar dropdown, so you can right click on it to assign a macro. Also, you can link it to a cell, and the cell holds the index of the selected item. So your macro can check the index, then perform the appropriate actions. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP h...

Find Last instance of carriage return In a Memo Field
Hi, I have a form where the user usually pastes a glob of text into it a memo field called "Comment". After he pastes the text, the cursor is obviously at the end of the text. I would like the user to be able to click a button and for the comment to be highlighted from the very end of the text to the first instance of a carriage return going backwards. In other words, I want to automatically select the very last line of the comment. I was thinking that I could use seldown, but I would need to first find the Last instance of Chr$(13). Or, can the instr function can be ...

SQL Not Working
What is wrong with this SQL? I am trying to use a Median function and trying to have the median calculate for each JobCode. SELECT tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode, (SELECT Median("tEmployeeMasterCopy","HourlyRate") FROM tEmployeeMasterCopy as M1 WHERE M1.JobCode = tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode) AS MedianByJobCode FROM tEmployeeMasterCopy GROUP BY tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode; Thanks in advance. It seems that (SELECT Median("tEmployeeMasterCopy","HourlyRate") FROM tEmployeeMasterCopy as M1 WHERE M1.JobCode = tEmployeeMasterCopy.JobCode) ...

Separators in Cross Functional Diagrams
I created a swim diagram and added a fill. How do I keep the separators in front? I sent the band to the back, brought the separators forward, and it looks great until I close the document and reopen. Then, the separators don't show up. I changed the translucency of the fill to be able to see them, but I'd like to have them in front. ...

Excel VBA functions
I have learned how to make my own Yield function by writing the code in the VBE window. However, it is saved in my personal macro workbook and everytime I want to use it, I have to type out PERSONAL.MYield.MYield ([arguments]). Is there a way to make it so that I can just type MYield([arguments])? Bonus - Is there another, more user friendly way to make your own functions in Excel? Hi Mokey Check your personal.xls in the VBA editor Tools>References You don't have to type the filename then -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Mokey...

Functions in charts
Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. Any ideas? On Mar 15, 5:17 pm, "Matt" <MLThorn...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the > chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the > chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. > Any ideas? Yes it is. Full instructions are at <a href="http:// office.microsoft.com/en-gb/e...

array function
I'm having trouble making an array. When do you press ctrl-alt-enter -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38390 when you edit the formula, you normally exit edit mode by selecting another cell or hitting Enter. At this point, you should hit Ctrl+SHIFT+enter instead. (SHIFT, not ALT) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "cutsygurl" <cutsygurl.1rhxmf_1120230340.4504@excelforum-...

What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIR
What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIRs in Office Pro 97? Jack It creates directories during the installation process. "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23XbySLS8KHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIRs in Office Pro 97? > > > Jack > > You need to read about it yourself here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/132978> If you still have any problems then please do not hesitate to come back! hth Jack B wrote: > > What is the function of ...

Re: Other functions don't work now. Help
Arvi; I tried what you have below and now I am getting a #VALUE in colums A & B. Steve > "Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message > news:uBPRixxsDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > > > > > > =IF(OR(G1="",ISERROR(SEARCH("risking",$G1))),"",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("risking > > ",$G1)+8,SEARCH("to win",$G1)-SEARCH("risking",$G1)-8))) > > =VALUE(LEFT(K1,FIND(" ",K1))) > > =IF(G1="","",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("to win&qu...

excel function to get tab name
On the first tab in my worksheet, I have several cells in a colum in which the cell reference returns the value of cell A1 from the subsequent tabs. For example, the workbook has 10 tabs named Tab1, Tab2...Tab10, and in Tab1, the formula in cell A2 is "=Tab2!A1", and the formula in cell A3 is "=Tab3!A1"....cell A10 is "Tab10!A1". Sometimes, I will add and delete these subsequent tabs (Tab2 through Tab10) and then have to manually re-link the references to A1 on each of these tabs back to the column on Tab1. Is there some way to do this with a relative r...

Function for add different values
I need one function that adds values that are not equal. Like this: 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 I need a formula that will go to add value 3+4+5. Only different numbers between itself. Which are my options? Please refrain from multiposting, you got at least one answer already in the worksheet functions ng -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com <douglasracaixeta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146597978.225731.85640@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I need one function that adds values that are not equal. > > Like this: > 3 > 3 > 3 > 4 > 4 > 5 >...

Import external data function
What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import external from an Oracle database? Hi Michael, > What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import > external from an Oracle database? Excel 4, I think, though each version since has done it slightly differently. Excel 4 used the =SQL.REQUEST function, Excel 5 and 95 used a separate addin (via MSQuery) and Excel 97 introduced QueryTables. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel www.oaltd.co.uk ...

How do I return which row the active cell is in?
Before I start, thanks to all the people who've already helped me on this board. Solely because of you, I've managed to complete 10% of a simple but large project (2 applications so far). I've hunted the boards now for a couple of hours and haven't found the answer to a very simple issue. What I want to do is this: I have a worksheet with data already on it. I want to cut and paste data from another worksheet. I need to identify the first empty row at the end of the data and return its row number. I tried the following. Sub test() Dim lRowNum As Long Range("A655...

Using xlDown as a function?
I'd like to append data to the bottom of an existing spreadsheet, I have a macro that will import the data, I just need to know where to paste it. Can I use something like (((Selection.End(xlDown))+1).Select to select the row below the bottom? John KBS I like to pick a column that always has data and do this: dim DestCell as range with worksheets("sheet1") set destcell = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).offset(1,0) end with somethingthatyouneed.copy _ destination:=destcell John Sutton wrote: > > I'd like to append data to the bottom of an existing ...

Is there an interpolation-function in Excel to read a chart more .
Your question appears to be incomplete. It is usually best to elaborate in the body of your post. The worksheet functions FORECAST(), TREND(), and GROWTH() can be used to interpolate linear, multiple linear (including polynomial) and exponential regressions. Jerry ...

Webservice Function Library in Dexterity
With the new version of Great Plains nearly apon us. I think it would be useful to add functionality to Dexterity to allow developers to call/reference web services directly. In the same way as you have a COM_ libarary. Perhaps a WEBSERVICES_ library would also be useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...