Best Practice fro order entry?

I would like to hear what others are doing concerning entering orders into
RMS from the internet.  We do not have a direct link set up yet...in a few
months.

We are going online to Amazon.com and eBay and our web cart to collect our
orders....we also receive emails--but that is unreliable.
---orders come in---
1. Enter quote on any computer.

2. Run some report?  What report shows open quotes? Pull product.

3. Fulfill orders....
     Packing slip in the box? Is there a packing slip? or recall the quote
by the quote number, then convert the quote to a closed invoice to go into
the box?

4. SHIP. I just bought ShipRush so it will be easy to make UPS labels right
from RMS. (Come on guys--I need the USPS version!)

5. Run Z-report from ship computer at end of day since that is where the
quotes were converted to invoices?

---and YES, I paid the $200+ bucks and sat through the entire crappy MS RMS
course.--

Thanks!

0
mickie1 (5)
3/1/2006 9:58:14 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Which web cart are you running?  The New West Web Integrator may be a viable
option for you.

http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Standard.htm

"Mickie" wrote:

> I would like to hear what others are doing concerning entering orders into
> RMS from the internet.  We do not have a direct link set up yet...in a few
> months.
>
> We are going online to Amazon.com and eBay and our web cart to collect our
> orders....we also receive emails--but that is unreliable.
> ---orders come in---
> 1. Enter quote on any computer.
>
> 2. Run some report?  What report shows open quotes? Pull product.
>
> 3. Fulfill orders....
>      Packing slip in the box? Is there a packing slip? or recall the quote
> by the quote number, then convert the quote to a closed invoice to go into
> the box?
>
> 4. SHIP. I just bought ShipRush so it will be easy to make UPS labels right
> from RMS. (Come on guys--I need the USPS version!)
>
> 5. Run Z-report from ship computer at end of day since that is where the
> quotes were converted to invoices?
>
> ---and YES, I paid the $200+ bucks and sat through the entire crappy MS RMS
> course.--
>

> Thanks!

0
Jesse1 (89)
3/2/2006 12:05:27 AM
I am not automating right now. We are starting with manual entry and then
moving to automation later.
I just want to know how others are manually entering in orders from Phone,
catalog, mail, email, etc.

Mickie

"Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Which web cart are you running?  The New West Web Integrator may be a
> viable
> option for you.
>
> http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Standard.htm
>

> "Mickie" wrote:
>
>> I would like to hear what others are doing concerning entering orders
>> into
>> RMS from the internet.  We do not have a direct link set up yet...in a
>> few
>> months.
>>
>> We are going online to Amazon.com and eBay and our web cart to collect
>> our
>> orders....we also receive emails--but that is unreliable.
>> ---orders come in---
>> 1. Enter quote on any computer.
>>
>> 2. Run some report?  What report shows open quotes? Pull product.
>>
>> 3. Fulfill orders....
>>      Packing slip in the box? Is there a packing slip? or recall the
>> quote
>> by the quote number, then convert the quote to a closed invoice to go
>> into
>> the box?
>>
>> 4. SHIP. I just bought ShipRush so it will be easy to make UPS labels
>> right
>> from RMS. (Come on guys--I need the USPS version!)
>>
>> 5. Run Z-report from ship computer at end of day since that is where the
>> quotes were converted to invoices?
>>
>> ---and YES, I paid the $200+ bucks and sat through the entire crappy MS
>> RMS
>> course.--
>>

>> Thanks!

0
mickie1 (5)

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

Sort Order on Order Fulfillment Window
In the sales order fulfillment window you can sort the lines items by Order Entered or Site/Bin/Item. Does the Site/Bin/Item only sort by Bin if Multi-bin is used? I am not using multi-bin but have created bin for each item in each site on the Quantities/Sites window. thanks. ...

Pivot Table Splits Columns for same entry #2
Thanks for the response. However, I seem to have misrepresented m problem because the solution doesn't help. In the Layout for the Pivo Table I have the following: In the "ROW": Item#, In the "COLUMN": Tota Lost $, Frequency of Reports generated by item #, In the "DATA": sum th counts of each item #. My chart displays the Item# on the x-axis, th sum the counts of each item # on the y-axis, the Total Lost $ and th Frequency of Reports generated by item # in the legend. There should only be one column per item # whether the chart type i stacked or clustered. I...

change order in which gwes loads display, touch, hid drivers
I cannot figure out how to do this, but I need GWES to load the display driver FIRST (for a splash screen implementation). Cannot find any registry values that accomplish this... any ideas? Come on guys, somebody has to know the order in which driver's are loaded by GWES.exe and how to alter it.... MS gentlemen???? I don't think that's going to help. What you really want to do is load the image in the bootloader, since, by the time GWES itself loads, you're probably 75% of the way through the boot process. As far as I can recall, GWES loads the keyboard, mouse, a...

Change Order date?
I have situation where we had to enter some orders into CRM like 3 weeks after the fact but there was no way to to back date them when entering so that they fall into the proper months reports, etc. Any help out there on how I can change the dates at the database level? Look in the SalesOrderBase table. Mike "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4635de59.0402120638.1bd39e41@posting.google.com... > I have situation where we had to enter some orders into CRM like 3 > weeks after the fact but there was no way to to back date them when > entering ...

Why doesn't the page preview have the same order as work page?
Why doesn't the preveiw page look like the one I built on the work pages. I have "saved as" and "saved. The nagagation bars in preview goes to different pages than titled. HELP!!!!!! ...

Where best to place an instruction in a VBA script
Hi All I'm using this code when I open my workbook. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim mysheets As Sheets Set mysheets = Worksheets(Array(1)) For Each Sheet In mysheets Sheets("ShareSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:J27" Next End Sub I'd like cell A200 to be selected and have the cursor box on it on opening the worksheet. I'm trying to place this line in the code : Application.Goto Reference:="R200C1" but can't get it to work. Can someone advise please? Grateful for any assistance. Best Wishes hi Range("A2...

Data entry forms
Is it possible to create a data entry form in outlook (2003 or 2007) where the user could fill-in fields... and then send it back to the originator? If so, how? What is it called in outlook so I can look it up further? QB You can use Custom Forms for this or use InfoPath if you have that installed for your users as well. A good resource to get you started with custom forms and VBA see; http://www.outlookcode.com -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more h...

SmartList Builder problem with go to on SOP Entry
I've followed the steps from KB914894 to build a go to for the SOP Transaction Entry window. When that window opens it shows the SOP Type and SOP Number values that were passed and it shows the line item info but no other header info is shown. Any ideas? Additionally we have the Ship-To Address ID field disabled through Field Level Security for some users. When those users try to use this go to they get an error message about permissions on this field. Any options here? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_A4B6268B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding:...

Purchase order Processing
Hi, A purchase order that was received, not posted, got posted in error. What is the best way of "reversing" this error? -- P McCarthy Hi-- You would enter a return, transactions>>purchasing>>returns trx entry. If it was only received, you would choose to enter Return type. If it was received and invoiced, you would enter a Return with Credit. Please note, this will NOT open the PO back up to be received, you will have to enter a new PO or if the PO is not completely received, you could also edit it to increase the amountt to be received. Take care, Christina N...

Best way to create reports summarizing data?
I am trying to create a way of generating several reports from spreadsheet of data for a baseball team. Basically, I have spreadsheet which logs every appearance by each pitcher during season, including which inning each entered and what the score was a the time. I need to create reports which summarize this information. For example, I want a report which states how many times each pitche entered in each inning, when the score was at certain numbers apart. I'm looking for a table like this: 7th Inning Within 1 Run Tied More than Run Nomo 0 ...

VB Script on RM Sales Entry window
I added some VB scripting to the RM Sales Entry window. Now every time I try to close after working in the window, it prompts to save or delete an auto-filled document number. This does not happen with the unmodified window. Does anyone know how to suppress this message? I can provide the VB script. VG try setting SetChangeFlag property to false for the field it's complaining about. "VGrinam" wrote: > I added some VB scripting to the RM Sales Entry window. Now every time I try > to close after working in the window, it prompts to save or delete an > auto-...

Back Order Question
Hi, Have a back order question. Normal back orders are working right. In that if you have 10 and the order is for 15. During the lineitem transtaction it will put 5 in the backorder field automatically. What we need is if the customer orders 15 and we have 20, but only ship 10. We want the BO field to automatically fill with 5. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. Dexter Southerland It depends on how you fulfill and if you have cancel and bo enabled in the document types. If you have these enabled and are using Use Separate Fulfillment, you can select 10 to ship and set 5 to BO. T...

Coments on a Work Order
Hello I have been using the system for almost 2 years, and the following error, which began after I install SP 1.3, is driving me crazy. I sell items that require serial numbers. I had added the term "S/N:" on SubDescription 1 for some items. This is where my problem comes to life, Ex. I create a work order for a client, add some items to it, and add the serial numbers. I save it, so I can do something else. After recalling the Work order, none of the coments (not even the S/N) are on it. I have check the Configuration \ Options on the manager and it seems to be ok. Any sugge...

sharing database and getting notification when new entries are mad
I am new to Access but here's what I am trying to do. I want to put a database on a network share that will be used by several people who will be able to add in records. I would like to be notified via email when new entries are made, how would I go about doing that? Why would you want that? When the db is used frequently you'll be bombarded with emails. You might have to figure out first what it is you want to be updated for. If you want it all you will create a lot of networktraffic just by sending constant emails. Not to mention the fact that you have to catch every insert...

Printing PDF Files in Order
I have a table with links on it to PDF files. I would like to print the files in the order that they appear in the table. When I run the code to print out the files, they seem to come out of the printer in a random order. Below is a snipet of my code. Does anybody have any suggestions? Do Until myRecordset.EOF tempname = myRecordset.Fields(1).Value If tempname <> "" Then tempname2 = Replace(tempname, "#", "") If fso.FileExists(tempname2) Then ADOBEPATH = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" PDFFILE = tempname...

practical limits on Excel file size?
Hello. I have an Excel 97/98 workbook file that's running at 160 filesize, with 822 rows and 21 columns. I'm wondering when I'll b approaching any practical limits on filesize. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depends on the machines you are running it on, but 160K is tiny compare to some of the ones I have seen. I know of one user who has on running on a Pentium 500 (256 Ram) that is over 25MB. You should be OK for the forseeable future. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi HarmCo Look at this site http://www.decisionmodels.com/o...

Formula To Bring The Best Name
I have a worksheet that has 9 suppliers names in (C4:L4), there costs for a item in (C19:L19) I want to bring the cheapest suppliers name into cell M4. Need Help! Peter, I remember I replied to your post yesterday. Didnt you tried that ? =INDEX(C4:L4,MATCH(MIN(C19:L19),C19:L19,0)) -- Jacob "peterh" wrote: > I have a worksheet that has 9 suppliers names in (C4:L4), there costs for a > item in (C19:L19) I want to bring the cheapest suppliers name into cell M4. > Need Help! Jacob, Thanks that's great, I missed your reply yesterday. "J...

Subform Data Entry help needed!
The legal dept at my company wants to track invoices from outside law firms. They want to be able to track who worked on a project, how many hours and at what rate. How do I create a query or lookup that will allow the user to select a specific attorney from a lookup table - then once the attorney is selected, the rate field will allow the user to select only those rates associated with that attorney. Some attorneys have more than one rate and some don't. Hi, sounds like there is a many to many relationship between attorneys and rates, is this how the database has its tables set u...

Formula to average last 25 entries in a column?
Guess I have a duel question. First, I have numerous columns of data, all numerical. New entries are entered at the end of the column. Is there a formula to average just the last 25 entries in the column? (Bottom of column up) Second question pertains to the ability to "auto populate". I have a column of names. (three dozen). I would then like to auto populate the single column of names, matching the names with the average data obtained from the above. (average of last 25, 50, 100,etc entries) Data changes daily? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, A...

Excel Data Protection Best Practice: AKA: Real Sheet Protection
Hello- Any advice for best practices for protecting data/methods/macros within Excel? Clearly, password protecting a sheet isn't the best security (free utilities to crack it). Scenario: - I need users to be able to access the workbook, but by no means, gain access to data within the certain sheets - I can hide the data by utilizing similar colored text and hiding the rows/columns - Once the password is created, it appears there are tons of free utilities that remove these passwords- Bummer. Question: - Any advice to help prevent the utilities from doing this?...

Preventing Duplicate Entries within a column
Is there an easy way to prevent creating duplicate entries within a given column in Excel? Alternately....is there a way to automatcially highlight a cell / row when a duplicate entry is created within a given column? If they are typed in yes it is easy http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm or to tag them http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bruce" wrote: > Is there an easy way to prevent creating duplicate > entries within a given column in Excel? > Alternately....is there a way to automatcially highlight > a cell ...

Best way to limit data for chart?
Hi all, I have a transactions table that's sort of like a check register. I want to base a chart on it, but instead of basing it on every transaction, I want to base it on only transactions with a particular vendor. I can apply a filter to the table to show only transactions with that vendor, and base a chart on it, but I don't want to have to apply the filter to that table every time I want to look at the chart. I will be setting up charts for several vendors, if that affects an answer. I'm using 2007 excel. How can I set things up so that a filtered view of my transac...

Extracting unqiue entries from a query
Hi, I have been struggling with this query for a while and need some help from the experts! I am trying to extract unique records from the following sample list RefID QtrDate TargetNameTargetID Value 1 30-Jun-05 Target 1 010574 13 1 31-Mar-07 Target 1 010574 16.5 1 31-Dec-07 Target 1 010574 17 1 30-Jun-06 Target 1 010574 20 1 30-Sep-06 Target 1 010574 21 1 31-Mar-06 Target 1 010574 25 2 30-Jun-07 Target 1 010689 4 2 31-Mar-07 Target 1 010689 6 3 30-Sep-05 Target 1 011010 1 3 31-Dec-07 Target 1 011010 1.5 3 31-Dec-07 Target 2 011019 8 3 31-Dec-07 Target 3 011031 1.5 4 31-Dec-07 Ta...

Include back ordered items on Pick ticket in 8.0.
A change was made to the printing of the Pick ticket in version 8.0. As part of that change the ability to print a pick ticket including back order items was eliminated. That flexability needs to be put back into the product. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...