Be able to hide certain items between registers

It would be nice to be able to hide items from the lookup table on certain
registers.  For example, hide food items on a retail register and vice versa.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=92dfe004-5640-44b2-99fd-8ae924988c4a&dg=microsoft.public.pos
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

Need Balances on Item Transactions
No on hand balances show in the Item Transactions inquiry or smartlists. This will probably take programming as what we would like is to see the balance when that transaction occured. For instance if we started with 100, and this transaction was -2, I would like to see 98 either in another column on that line or as the starting quantity on the next line. So, 12345 - 100 starting - -2, then the next line 12345 - 98 - -5, then the next line 12345 - 93 - +15. Basically a running tally of the on hand inventory at the time of the transaction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micro...

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)
Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's notes. Thanks, TM One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to white. That should do it. "TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e6czHS2YDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For > example, I need to print a student version without answers an...

Purge deleted items from shared mailbox
How can I purge the folder "deleted items" from a shared mailbox? The RM menu item is greyed out. Environment: Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. What permission do you have on the deleted folder? can you delete them if you open the folder and select all, Del? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

eConnect PM Schema distribution item
Whenever I use eConnect PM distribution on my invoices, I see that the two default distrbution account are always present ; namely Pay on the credit side Purchase on the debit side This is despite the fact I'm explicitly entering in the distribution item of the Schema my own debiting and crediting accounts. so the result is I can see my distributing account along with these two. Kindly advice on how I can ensure via eConnect that the Purchases Invoices distribution list I can only see the distribution accounts I specify in the eConnect XML ...

Obsolete / inactive items available to sales / inventory processin
Hi all, Does anyone know of a way to disallow obsolete/inactive items from being available for selection on sales orders? Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Two steps: first, in Setup->Sales->Sales Order Processing->Options, uncheck the option to allow sale of discontinued items. Second, mark those items Discontinued in the Item Card. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jim B" wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyo...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Hiding labels on y axes
Some time ago, I asked about two y axes on a chart, the left of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 16 and the right of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 55. I wanted to hide the only number above 12 on the left axis (16) and hide all numbers below 40 on the right axis (0-35). Jon Peltier told me to use custom number formats for both axes, [>=16]" ";0 for the left and [<40]" ";0 for the right. That worked fine. The chart I was then asking about was one I had created for practice. I've now tried to create my "real" chart. The values from which the...

Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes
Hi, I have setup Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes as I have a number of meeting rooms that all users should be able to book. I have since found that if user a) books a meeting and user b) attempts to delete it - he/she can. I don't seem to be able to prevent them, and would appreciate some help. Regards Nick ...

Verzonden berichten namens wil ik niet in mijn eigen 'Send Items'
Ik heb een persoonlijke en een groepsmailbox in mijn outlook(2000). Als ik nu een bericht verzend namens de groepsmailbox komt dit bericht in mijn persoonlijke "Send Items' terecht. Je raad het al, ik wil graag dat dit in de "Send Items" van de groepsmailbox komt. Heeft iemand enig idee hoe??? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Bedankt, Peter Hoi Peter, Er wordt hier voornamelijk Engels gesproken om een zo breed mogelijk publiek aan te spreken. Voor jou probleem is niet direct een oplossing. Je kan wel een Wizard Regel zetten die een kopie in een andere map plaatst bij...

Paycode to be nontax upto a certain $ and taxed after certain $
Hi All, Not sure if this can be done in GP 10 Payroll, but is there a way to set-up a pay code that is non-taxable up to say $5000.00 but once the paycode reaches $5000.00 paid out to the employee it can be changed to be taxable? Do we have to set-up 2 paycodes and track it on our own or can we have GP track it? Thanks in advance -- TC You will have to create two pay codes and and track the amounts separately. You can set up a business alert to let you know when an employee has hit $5,000. If you have SmartList Builder, you could create a SmartList and then use it as a Reminder. ...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

I need the items to have grades
In any business, there are items of different quality, different origin, different level of concentration etc. For example, Tea powder of 3 qualities: High, Medium, low or Tea made in different countries: India, Malasia, China. In the above cases, the item code has to be same because it is basically the same item, but there should be a way to identify them separately. The best way I have seen, to manage this requirement is to have a 'Grade' Column with the Item code. There should be a Grade Master in the Cards Menu of Inventory Module, where the user can create the Grade Type...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Hiding a "Userform" instead of closing it???
I have a push button on my spreadsheet which loads my Userform in the following manner: Sub Button1_Click() UserForm1.Show (vbModeless) ' Display my Userform End Sub When a user presses the "X" button on the Userform object I believe that Excel will terminate the Userform instead of simply "hiding" it by making it invisible. How can I program my Userform to turn invisible instead of terminating itself?? I would rather have the Userform turn invisible so it can maintain its current position on the screen when it is re-activated again..... I not...

Can you keep flagged items from being autoarchived?
I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take flagged items to the archive. I keep having to pull them back into the current mail file. Is there something I can set to accomplish this? Hit Alt-Enter while you've got one of these items highlighted then set the option to not AutoArchive the item "dstuart101" <dstuart101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272808E3-27B8-4E34-9A85-4070E91C5FEB@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take > flagged items to the archive. I keep ha...

How to create a certain rule??
How can I create a rule that every time a users sends an email it also sends a copy of that email to another users inbox? I tried using the RULES wizzard but that didnt seem to help. Im also not sure if this is done on the Exchange server. User has OFFICE XP - 2002 You already posted this in the outlook.general group were I've answered it. Do not multi-post but simply address more than one (if relevant) newsgroup in a single post -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the mo...

Suppliers with Top Items List
Can anyone let me know how to show suppliers on Top Item List? I badly need this. I tried my way but not successful. -- Many Thanks Install the RMS Toolkit trial download you requested and check off Custom Reports/Templates during installation. Now run Manager, Reports, Custom, Top Items Report. This report includes Suppliers, Dept, Category, and Sub-Descriptions as columns and filter options. There are over 100 free reports and templates included with our RMS Toolkit trial. Visit: www.digitalretailer.com/trial Greg Digital Retail Solutions www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins (v1.x and ...

Hiding Data #2
I want to have a spread sheet that when printed will have some of the data hidden... I thought the most effective method would be to have two almost identical sheets in a workbook, with the "private" data not copied to the second sheet. This would be similar to an invoice sheet. Is there an easy way I can copy a sheet and then when I paste it to another sheet, it will link the data back to the first sheet? Carl Hi Quick and dirty? On the new sheet, cell A1, type = and then click on A1 in your existing sheet. You can then autofill this across and down the new sheet, and then ...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

Tab sequence on Item Maintenance screen
When creating new items on the Item Maintenance screen and tabbing through the fields. The 3rd tab takes you to the Generic Description field, which users may then enter. The next tab takes you to the Class ID field, if you select a Class ID for the item and update the item with information from the class the Generic Description you entered is over-written. While I agree with this functionality, the suggestion is that the tab sequence on the screen should be changed so that when tabbing through the fields you are prompted to select the Class ID first so the Generic Description (and a...

Linking items GREATER THAN O on another worksheet in the same Work
I have a workbook that has about four worksheets … I want to create a list of items that will automatically be included on worksheet tab 4 from Worksheet tab 1 if the quantity for the item listed on the first worksheet has been changed from 0 to any other number (i.e. 1 or 10 etc). I have a list of equipment with pricing on worksheet tab 1 and the list is long. Many of the items will have quantities of zero and will not increase as they will not be selected for the project being created. We have additional columns for cost, extended cost, labor hours etc. If the quantity changes for a...

Auto Empty Deleted Items on Exit OR after X days or X Items accumulated?
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder, either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of Items accumulated? -- "J. J." Go to "Tools" : "Options" : "Other" First option is "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting" You can set it to delete after x number of days for certain e-mail account types. Go to: "Tools" : "E-Mail Accounts" : Select, "View or change e-mail accounts" Select account to chnage and click "Change..." : Click "More Settings" Se...

sum items in a table based on description
I am interested in summing items is a table based on their description. Is there a formula that will add items together from column based on the contents in another cell reference in the same row? I know a pivot table will do this with some restrictions in the table design. You can use sumif if there is onbly one condition Assume you want to sum values in column C where column B is "x" =SUMIF(B2:B500,"x",C2:C500) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hrider" <hrider@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejggYE$MFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I am interested ...