batch open and close

everytime a customer wants to open for the day it asks her if she wants to
override the day before if u say no then it closes if u say yes then it
overrides and messes everything up...samething happens when she closes...so
if you go look in batches its in negative and when u look in daily sales by
cashier it shows pluses

so two things here how do we fix whats already happened and how do we stop
this from happening...we need to be able to open and close with no problems.

also trying to print x and z reports it says its printing but it really
isnt...where do I go and look to see whats wrong?

thanks
0
Angelique (51)
12/4/2008 1:11:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The store is stuck in an open close cycle.
1) You need to stop the cycle with a Blind Close. At night- F9: Open/Close>
Blind Close> OK
2) You can go back and correct the blind close later in SO Mgr> Journal>
Update Batch Info> OK. From here you can input the correct open/close info>
and Z-Out.

A blind close is designed to suspend a batch at close if the cashier does
not have the proper closing info (and over.short helps too). They can suspend
the batch, allowing the next day to be opened on proper schedule, while
allowing the manager, owner, corporate, etc to correct the previous day and
verify all monies are in order as they should be. I am recommending you use
the Blind Close to stop the cycle they are stuck in. Based on your posting
date, and description of the issue it sounds like they have been stuck for
awhile.

As for amending it - your closing amounts will be based on the totals taken
in for the date range the batch has been open. You will see this date range
on the actual batch in the above mentioned report (step 2).
--
Jocelyn

"Angelique" wrote:

> everytime a customer wants to open for the day it asks her if she wants to
> override the day before if u say no then it closes if u say yes then it
> overrides and messes everything up...samething happens when she closes...so
> if you go look in batches its in negative and when u look in daily sales by
> cashier it shows pluses
>
> so two things here how do we fix whats already happened and how do we stop
> this from happening...we need to be able to open and close with no problems.
>
> also trying to print x and z reports it says its printing but it really
> isnt...where do I go and look to see whats wrong?
>
> thanks

Undo dirty form after opening popup form
I have a subform within a main form. On the subform is an option group with three option buttons. When you click on any of the option buttons a popup form opens to which the user inputs a date. I need the user to be able to click a cancel button on the popup form that would close that form without saving changes and undo changes on the underlying subform (i.e. return the option button to it's original selection) that initiated the popup. Can someone help me with the right syntax to use in the code? Thanks much! I tried this behind the click event of the "Cancel" button on t...

How do you close a CRM 3.0 Service Ticket?
We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in CRM 3.0? While inside the case record, from the actions menu, select resolve case or cancel case. "DeWayne" wrote: > We just started using CRM 3.0 and are testing it out. There doesn't seem to > be a way to close a service ticket in CRM 3.0. How do you close a ticket in > CRM 3.0? I figured it out just moments before reading your post, but thanks for the help anyway. "Jason Lattimer" wrote: > ...

Closed Opportunity Description in Database
When you close an opportunity you can enter a description, this does not get added to the description for the opportunity, and I can't figure out where to get it either to use in an email template or what database table it is in. Anyone know? This is in CRM version 4.0. There is a systm entity called Opportunityclose. It is available in the database FilteredOpportunityClose view. I don't think you can get to it from an email template, but you definately can from a report/SQL query. This is the same story for the case resolution description. "JR" wrote: > Whe...

I cannot open Publisher
Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open Publisher. I continue to get a message that reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is full" on and on when I try to open Publisher. I have not been able to find any information on the support pages regarding this particular message. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from skiefer <lvcfstscott@enter.net>... > Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open > Publisher. I continue to get a message that > reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is f...

Opening Word 2007 Files
One of my co-workers is having a problem in opening Word 2007 files. He can open them directly in Word, but can open any by double clicking the file Icon in Windows Explorer. She insists there is something wrong with Word 2007, in the way files are created and saved and is quite animated to all of her other co-workers on this subject. I really need to solve this issue - does anyone have any experience with this sort of a problem. I thank you Carl I think that the file associations might be messed up. Find a Word file on the computer in question and right click it. Look fo...

Error messgae trying to open Outlook 2003
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but have never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open...

Word document sent by Mac client lost encoding when opened in OWA
When a Macintosh users sends a Word or Excel document(with the proper Windows extentions) the Word document loses its encoding when you try to open it with the OWA. The Excel document is unrecognized. When you open the message with an Outlook client on Windows or Mac the attachments are fine. ...

Can Money2004 slow IE6 opening?
Hi, Did a search of the group but saw nothing about this. Just downloaded Money 2004 trial to check if I want to switch from Quicken. Like most of what I see but...since installing IE6 almost seems to hang when I open it both from the executable or from a link -- it really slowed and Money is the only change. Can there be a connection? P4-1.5, XPhome Thanks, Gerry --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.509 / Virus Database: 306 - Release Date: 8/12/2003 ...

Automatic opening folders of unread email
I use to be able to assign a designated folder where an email is stored upon receipt. That folder then opened so I would know that I had unread mail. Now the folder does not open, and I am unaware of the fact that I have new, unread email. Does anyone know how to set this feature up? ...

threads won't close and then reopen correctly...
I have a MFC VC++ project that has a thread started in the OnInitDialog() function of a dialog box. AfxBeginThread(ThreadProcess, (LPVOID) this, 0); I handle the thread in the the following function UINT Questions::ThreadProcess(LPVOID param) { //do some stuff AfxEndThread(0); return 0; } Everything works well until I close the dialog box and then reopen it. When I do that the thread doesn't work as it should the second time around. Anyone have any thoughts on why I am getting this unwanted behavior and what I can do to correct it? Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2008 "RAB&...

"Operation Failed' while opening attachments in outlook
When the users try to open email attachments using Outlook 2000, an error message appears as "Operation Failed". Users can send and receive messages without attachments. Even when users forward some message with attachment, same error appears. Exchange 5.5 Enterprise and outlook 2000 are the Email server and client s/w. This could be an indication of "logicalcorruption" of the private information store database. You can run isinteg-fix -pri -test alltests until you get 0 warnings 0 errors 0 fixes. This usually means two runs and the IS needs to be down for this to...

Close Past Appointments automatically in CRM 3.0
In CRM 1.2 there use to be a stored procedure that would automatically close past appointments. In CRM 3.0 the SQL Job is still listed but the stored procedure is gone. Is there a way to get this back in CRM 3.0? Thanks Angela You can do that with workflows. Take a look at this blog post: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2006/01/automatically-close-appointments-after.html HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46BBBB6B-93AD-451F-810A-C8B42F750221@microsoft.com... &g...

Excel Query Opens Source
All, I am one of several offices supported by a purchasing group. This purchasing group maintains the status of all purchases in an Excel workbook. They will not open up the workbook for all. I have convinced them to let me create a workbook that queries theirs and returns just my offices purchases. They will have given everyone access required so that the query will work. As long as the exact location is not readily available and all of the data is not available, they are happy. Everything worked great for two weeks, but a week ago when the data is refreshed, the entire source workbook is o...

Open dialog not appear #2
I Thank to Ron de Bruin. I have pay attention your answer. But it just talk about Office 2000. As you know, I use Excel 97 and those step on support.microsoft.com just apply for office 2000. Maybe I shoulod repeat that the problem occurs in Excel 97 and I haven't get solution. Than Could you repeat the question? I do not know the question but the following might be one of the answers!!?? If the open dialog does not appear, 1.you need to load form from a module first? 2. Set securtiy to low so macros work? >-----Original Message----- >I Thank to Ron de Bruin. I have pay atten...

can a hyperlink open to a specific time in a video file?
I hope someone can help me out. The only problem is my hotmail account gets so much junk mail I can't recieve messages on it so and an e-mail to ryan.schaefer@enbridge.com would be much appreciated. thanks Hi, I don't think so. Can you edit the video to the start at the place you need to begin?? sorry i'm not more help to you.. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I hope someone can help me out. The only problem is my hotmail account gets >so much junk mail I can't recieve messages on it so and an e-mail to >ryan.schaefer@enbridge.com would be much apprec...

Run-time error 2137 Received On Form Open
Hi All, I have a switchboard that enables users to add, edit, or view reports. My edit button runs a marco that opens my form but then also runs code Find(). This has worked for a few years but now a user receives the run-time error 2137 when they click that button. Any ideas on the fix or should the user upload another copy of their front end? It is running on Access 2003. Thanks. Is it one user or are there multiple users which get the error. Has a service pack been installed? Take a look here: http://www.allenbrowne.com/bug-Access2003SP3.html First start by co...

Open and close Dialog windows
Hello, I've got a dialog based application which performs a long lasting task for which the user has to wait. I would like to show the user a message that something is happening and I would like to close the message automatically when the task is finished. Because I've little experience with mfc I would like to ask how I can manage this and if there is an example for doing it ? Is there a faq for this group ? Thanks in advance, Ralf. "Ralf Erdmann" <ralf.erdmann@web.de> wrote in message news:403f7fa8.14652421@news.t-online.de... > Hello, > I've got a di...

Urgent: Free/Open Source alternative to MapPoint?
I have a small non-profit client that occasionally (once or twice a year) needs to produce charts for inclusion in PowerPoint in the form of the US map, with states colored based on the data in the spreadsheet. These are extremely small sheets, and so infrequently produced they don't need the bulk of the features, and can't justify the $300 cost of MapPoint. Are there any free, open source apps out there that can simply generate the US map with state colors and legends from data in Excel 2003/2007 sheets? ...

How can I open an Access adp file from excel?
I am basically tryi8ng open the database of aan *adp project to be able to manunally work on the tables. Ultematerly I would like to upsize the data base to sql. Wen we double click to open the *adp using access, the application opens, but we can't work the menus to access the database. I understand the *.adp can be opened from excel. In any case, how can we get to the tables? We'd like to re-write the front end, but wopuld like to safe the db design time. Thanks ...

When launching Excel, it automatically tries to open every file on
Help! This is driving me nuts! I launch Excel and it tires to open ever file on the pc and mapped network drives whether or not they are excel files. I've killed it after opening 30 files. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP and this fixed it for a day.... then I thought it might have been caused by an automatic internet hotfix so I uninstalled the latest hotfix and that fixed it for a day.... today it is doing it again!! If anyone has come across this before and have found the solution, I would be very greatful for the fix! Cheers, Karen On the Tools menu, select Op...

Error opening Publisher files with links to Excel
When opening my Publisher file with tables linked to Excel, I get an error message which says 'Microsoft Excel has experienced an error and needs to shut down' I have successfully opened these linked files many times previously. I repaired both Excel and Publisher to no effect then reinstalled them also to no effect. I have plenty of RAM (512MB) and the combined Publisher and Excel files amount to just about 15MB. I allowed the error message to be sent to Microsoft, often this directs to a solution but there was no feedback. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks, What ...

How can force enable macros to be able to open my workbook?
I would like to be able to force employees to enable macros for a certain workbook or it will not let them open the workbook. And maybe put a password on it so if i would like to modify the workbook without the macros enabled. set up the workbook so that the only sheet showing is one with a message which says "You must enable macros for this workbook to work." in a large obvious font. Have the workbook password protected and all sheets veryhidden. In the workbook_Open event, hid that message-sheet & display the sheets which you'd need to have visible. So, if the user disab...

How to close sold call option?
I sold a call option, which has now expired worthless. Transactions are automatically downloaded from this particular broker. However, for some reason, the sold call position is still listed in my portfolio. How do I close this position in Money 2004 Small Business? Thanks, Brett You should have entered the call sell as a "short sell" and now you can closed the transaction with a "cover short" at $0.0. good luck "brett" wrote: > I sold a call option, which has now expired worthless. Transactions > are automatically downloaded from this particular...

OWA Behind Pix DMZ - rpc over https (443 only open on pix)
We have owa behind a cisco pix dmz setup, true front end, true back end with the owa 2003 box on the dmz network/switch. rpc over https, as subject states, 443 is only open on pix. However, one issue seems not to work. In owa when user clicks new, then to, the GAL doesnt populate automaticaly as it does in outlook. Clicking find now, to assumingly populate the entire gal does not work. Only by entering in the persons last name, or a "comma" , works because all of the names in gal presumably have a , seperating first/last name. Is this a known issue in owa, that gal isnt a...

Attachments not able to be opened
Outlook express intermitenly will not allow me to open some attachments sent. Outlook express states it has removed the "dangerous attachements". The attachments are from people that I know well and sending me documents that I need. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem. Best Wishes Tom Lawson Tom Lawson <thomaslawson@sprintpcs.com> wrote: > Outlook express intermitenly will not allow me to open > some attachments sent. Outlook express states it has > removed the "dangerous attachements". The attachments > are from people that I know ...