Backup Database problems Help

I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my
database I get this error:

Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my
documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied).
Backup Database is terminating abnormaly

HELP

version 2.0.0105
0
iraj (27)
2/23/2007 9:02:03 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can you change the path to where the backup is happening?
For example, C:\aaa.bck
Sounds like either A, you don't have permissions to the folder that you are
trying to write to, or B, the folder you are trying to write to does not
exist.
Mike

"iraj" <iraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my
> database I get this error:
>

> Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my
> documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied).
> Backup Database is terminating abnormaly
>
> HELP
>

> version 2.0.0105

Also the folder has to be a SHARED folder.

Mike G wrote:
> Can you change the path to where the backup is happening?
> For example, C:\aaa.bck
> Sounds like either A, you don't have permissions to the folder that you are
> trying to write to, or B, the folder you are trying to write to does not
> exist.
> Mike
>
> "iraj" <iraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my
>> database I get this error:
>>

>> Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my
>> documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied).
>> Backup Database is terminating abnormaly
>>
>> HELP
>>

>> version 2.0.0105

0
mickie3724 (132)
2/23/2007 3:09:51 PM
I did try C:\aaa.bck with same error also made the file a sharing file still
the same error

"Mike G" wrote:

> Can you change the path to where the backup is happening?
> For example, C:\aaa.bck
> Sounds like either A, you don't have permissions to the folder that you are
> trying to write to, or B, the folder you are trying to write to does not
> exist.
> Mike
>
> "iraj" <iraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my
> > database I get this error:
> >

> > Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my
> > documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied).
> > Backup Database is terminating abnormaly
> >
> > HELP
> >

> > version 2.0.0105

0
iraj (27)
2/23/2007 5:56:16 PM
not the file..the folder.
Try backup to the SHARED folder of your computer.
That's what worked for us.

iraj wrote:
> I did try C:\aaa.bck with same error also made the file a sharing file still
> the same error
>
> "Mike G" wrote:
>
>> Can you change the path to where the backup is happening?
>> For example, C:\aaa.bck
>> Sounds like either A, you don't have permissions to the folder that you are
>> trying to write to, or B, the folder you are trying to write to does not
>> exist.
>> Mike
>>
>> "iraj" <iraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my
>>> database I get this error:
>>>

>>> Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my
>>> documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied).
>>> Backup Database is terminating abnormaly
>>>
>>> HELP
>>>

>>> version 2.0.0105

0
mickie3724 (132)
2/23/2007 6:27:15 PM
Hi Mickie , I was able to back it up to my usb flash drive, but I cant back
it up to any folder on my pc or my network, even shared folder? maybe am
doing something wrong , I looked into my DBfiles in my C:drive/program
files/ms retail managment system /store operations/DB files, all I see in
there, is rmsdb.bck file and and rmssample.bck file I dont see my database
file, even tho I have my database up and running and making transaction.

"Mickie" wrote:

> not the file..the folder.
> Try backup to the SHARED folder of your computer.
> That's what worked for us.
>

> iraj wrote:
> > I did try C:\aaa.bck with same error also made the file a sharing file still
> > the same error
> >
> > "Mike G" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you change the path to where the backup is happening?
> >> For example, C:\aaa.bck
> >> Sounds like either A, you don't have permissions to the folder that you are
> >> trying to write to, or B, the folder you are trying to write to does not
> >> exist.
> >> Mike
> >>
> >> "iraj" <iraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
iraj (27)
2/23/2007 6:46:15 PM
Ok I was able to back it up to this location, and I dont know why I just cant
backit up lets say on my desktop like I use to with 1.3 version, but here is
the location I was able to back it up
C:\Program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\backup
do I have to alway save it there, or is it a way just to backit up on the
desktop or somewhere else thanks in advance

"iraj" wrote:

> Hi Mickie , I was able to back it up to my usb flash drive, but I cant back
> it up to any folder on my pc or my network, even shared folder? maybe am
> doing something wrong , I looked into my DBfiles in my C:drive/program
> files/ms retail managment system /store operations/DB files, all I see in
> there, is rmsdb.bck file and and rmssample.bck file I dont see my database
> file, even tho I have my database up and running and making transaction.
>
> "Mickie" wrote:
>
> > not the file..the folder.
> > Try backup to the SHARED folder of your computer.
> > That's what worked for us.
> >

> > iraj wrote:
> > > I did try C:\aaa.bck with same error also made the file a sharing file still
> > > the same error

0
iraj (27)
2/23/2007 7:56:12 PM

"iraj" wrote:

> Hi Mickie , I was able to back it up to my usb flash drive, but I cant back
> it up to any folder on my pc or my network, even shared folder? maybe am
> doing something wrong , I looked into my DBfiles in my C:drive/program
> files/ms retail managment system /store operations/DB files, all I see in
> there, is rmsdb.bck file and and rmssample.bck file I dont see my database
> file, even tho I have my database up and running and making transaction.
>
> "Mickie" wrote:
>
> > not the file..the folder.
> > Try backup to the SHARED folder of your computer.
> > That's what worked for us.
> >

> > iraj wrote:
> > > I did try C:\aaa.bck with same error also made the file a sharing file still
> > > the same error

0
iraj (27)
2/23/2007 7:57:28 PM
I just tried backing up my 1.3 system after going to SQL Server 2005
Express.  I used same command files as before with MSDE.  All worked without
a problem.  Here are the command file contents:

BACKUP_POSdb.bat
@echo off
dir "c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\saec*"
del d:\transfer\saec\saec.bak
osql -E -i "D:\Transfer\\saec\backup_POSdb.sql"
pause
exit

BACKUP_POSdb.sql
backup database saec to disk = 'd:\transfer\saec\saec.bak' with format,stats
go

Hope that helps.

--

John M.
> Ok I was able to back it up to this location, and I dont know why I just
> cant
> backit up lets say on my desktop like I use to with 1.3 version, but here
> is
> the location I was able to back it up
> C:\Program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\backup
> do I have to alway save it there, or is it a way just to backit up on the
> desktop or somewhere else thanks in advance
>

> "iraj" wrote:
>
>> Hi Mickie , I was able to back it up to my usb flash drive, but I cant
>> back
>> it up to any folder on my pc or my network, even shared folder? maybe am
>> doing something wrong , I looked into my DBfiles in my C:drive/program
>> files/ms retail managment system /store operations/DB files, all I see in
>> there, is rmsdb.bck file and and rmssample.bck file I dont see my
>> database
>> file, even tho I have my database up and running and making transaction.
>>
>> "Mickie" wrote:
>>
>> > not the file..the folder.
>> > Try backup to the SHARED folder of your computer.
>> > That's what worked for us.

Did you ever get this fixed? If not I had the same issue and MS walked me
through it, took 2 minutes

"iraj" wrote:

> I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my
> database I get this error:
>

> Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my
> documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied).
> Backup Database is terminating abnormaly
>
> HELP
>

> version 2.0.0105
0
laxguy (32)
4/14/2007 10:06:01 AM
Did you ever get this fixed? If not I had the same problem and MS wlaked me
through it. Takes 2 minutes.

"iraj" wrote:

> I did a upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 one hour ago and when I want to backup my
> database I get this error:
>

> Can not open backup device c:\documents and settings\owner\my
> documents\aaa.bck'. operating system error 5 (access is denied).
> Backup Database is terminating abnormaly
>
> HELP
>

> version 2.0.0105
0
laxguy (32)

Problem with grid lines.
My Excell worksheets show horizontal grid lines but not vertical gridlines on screen. Making the sheet look like lined paper rather than fully grided! I have tried re-loading the software but that did not correct it. I have tried going into "Tools", "Options" and "View" unchecked gridlines box, closed Excel reopened it, then checked gridlines box but still does not bring back vertical gridlines. Help! Julian One suggestion...... Try playing with the "refresh" rate on your Monitor, especially if it is an LCD type. Right-click on Desktop>Proper...

Problem with dublicate content
Hey I have a website (based on asp.net 3.5) which I'm trying to do some SEO on Google webmaster tools have reported problems with my site Google Webmaster Tools report that my asp.net 3.5 site has dublicate title: It says that "domain.com" and "domain.com/Default.aspx" has the same title... I get the same problem on dublicate meta description also How should I fix this? I suppose that maybe there is some tweaking I have to do in googgle webmasater tool maybe, but I don't know which tweaking I need to do On Nov 23, 4:43=A0pm, "Anton&qu...

Please Treat This as Private Problem
We are running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. When someone external sends recipient1 an email marked as private, the email only appears in Outlook if Outlook is opened to recipient1's Outlook profile. If someone else has recipient1's mailbox added to their Outlook profile, the private email does not appear in the email list when recipient1's inbox is selected. Is there a way someone with full permission to recipient1's mailbox (including "send as") can open a private email sent to recipient1 in their own Outlook profile when recipient1's mailbox is added to t...

Help screen fonts
Is there some way to change the blue on white help screen fonts? I would like to change it to black and make it larger. The xl2007 help file has a font size adjustment button in the toolbar. Looks like Aa -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware .. .. .. "Gianni" <gianni@gianni.com> wrote in message news:i4pt8m$f0f$1@news.eternal-september.org... Is there some way to change the blue on white help screen fonts? I would like to change it to black and make it larger. Jim Cone wrote: > The xl2007 help file has a font size adjustment butt...

Offline folder problems #3
I have two users who are having problems with offline folders in Outlook XP. The first is able to synchronize with the offline folders but the can't synch Microsoft Exchange offline address book. The other user is not able to synch at all. When they hit send and recieve outlook tries to synch but just stays at the same stop. We have waited for over 20 minutes and they have less then 500k in their mailbox. We are on a 10/100 network so this should go pretty fast. Any one have any ideas on either of these problems. Both office and windows have all the latest updates. Thanks...

Please Help me
Dear All, I am new for Visio, It is very in usefull and intresting, I am able to view the list of modules, class modules, forms, and procedures in the modules as well as in the forms. I want to get those information into word or some other format, If I copy and past in the word the informations are pasted as image (Picture). Is it possible to get as text. Also I want to know how to create document using visio, Thanks in advance Balaji ...

Help with Formulae
Hi All, I know this going to be easy for you guys but I'm stuck on it. How do I write this formulae. If the total number of places available for each class is zero, then the result None should be returned, otherwise the actual total should be displayed. The cells are F20:G20. F20=69 G20=22. the answer needs to be replicated neither cell is absolute. Thanks, kfh. Firstly ensure the cell you write the formula into is set to type general. add formula =if(test formula,answer if test is true,answer if test is false). eg =IF(SUM(F20:G20)=0,"None",SUM(F20:G20)). If the cell ty...

Problem with cell formatting and underlining
Hi all: I'm using Excel 2007, SP1. I'm having a problem with cell formatting. Here's the situation: Normally, if data are entered into a cell, they will appear past the edge of the cell as long as there's nothing in that cell. And that's what I want. However, if I choose to mark the contents of the cell as Underlined, everything goes wrong. The cell will clip all text that falls outside the border of the cell. Does anyone have any idea how to either fix this or get around it? I'd hoped that SP1 would have solved the problem, but no. Thanks! Hi Jon Work...

Access 2007 Runtime Problems
My Access 2007 file fails to open on a machine with the 2007 Access runtime version installed. It comes up with a Security alert message. Is there a security setting in the Access Database that needs to be enabled to run the code and macros? ...

Zero problem with blank cell after automated data transfer
Hi, (Excel 2003) I have a workbook where sheet 1 is called 'Raw data'. Sheets 2 to 13 are then called 'January' through to 'December'. I use the following formulas to auto-transfer rows of data from sheet 1 'Raw data' into sheets 2-13 'January' - 'December' depending on a date cell within ‘Raw data’: In sheet 1 ‘Raw data’: =IF($B3="","",IF(TEXT($B3,"mmmm")=EK$2,ROW(),"")) In sheets 2-13 ‘January’ to ‘December’: =IF(ROWS($2:2)>COUNT(OFFSET('Raw data'!$EJ:$EJ,,MATCH(WSN,'Raw data'!$EK$...

Problem changing store on Windows Mail
Everything on my Lenovo T61 with Windows Vista Home Premium was working fine until I lost power. Before the loss, Windows Mail was working with the storage location on a Netgear ReadyNAS on my local intranet. After restoring power, the WindowsMail store location was changed some how to the default location on the C drive, of course with no account information or messages. When I try to change the storage location using the "Maintenance - Change Store location" buttons, I browse to the original store location on the ReadyNAS, with the old messages, but the "ok&qu...

problems with activesync 4.1 and outlook 2003
I just got a pocket PC the 8125 by cingular, but i used to have a old visor palm pilot that used hotsync. I uninstalled the old software and installed the new active sync 4.1, however I cannot sync with outlook 2003 even though the pocket PC is connected and I can explore it's files. I keep getting error 0X85010014, which suggests some firewall problem. I removed all of my firewalls and it still did not work, I also tried fixing, as well as reinstalling, no avail. What do I need to do to make this work? Thanks, BAEZ32 In news:B533CC4F-3677-4A3B-B353-B74C6DFF48C1@microsoft.com,...

plz help
Hi! I am using excel 2007 and was making stack bar graphs for my report. I want each of my legend entries in each of my stack to show the percentage value out of 100, e.g., suppose there is a table of 2 columns and 2 rows with values A1=1, B1=2, A2=3 and B2=4, now if I make a stack bar of this, the graph will show two stackbars with values 1,3 on left hand side bar and 2,4 on right hand side bar and if I format data labels and change it to percentage values, it shows 100%, 300%, 200% and 400%. But I want that the bars to show percentage value out of 100, as in, the left hand side bar to...

Teams in CRM 4.0 Database
I found the FilteredTeam table but how are teams and users associated to one another in the database? Teams are a mechanism that allows regular CRM users to redefine security access settings for other users to their own work within the context of security settings that the CRM administrator has bestowed upon everybody through the application of CRM Roles. This means, for example, if you and another CRM user are connected to the same team, and both of you have the same role that lets you read a particular entity only when you own it, you can give the other CRM user read access to records you ...

report help
Hi, We have a third party product which creates saved payables invoice documents. But the user can void the payables invoice in payables transaction entry window. The third party has its own tables which has a document number and the voucher number of the payables document that was created. Now i want to create a report in Crystal which has 3 tables:- 1. 3rd party table w/ document id and voucher number (XT00101) 2. PM20000 3. PM30200 I created a link from XT00101.VCHRNMBR -> PM20000.VCHRNMBR and XT00101.VCHRNMBR -> PM30200.VCHRNMBR. The report has a formula that PM30200.VOIDED=0, af...

VB in Excel: PC to Mac problems
Hi, =0A= I wrote some vb code using Excel 2002. A user tried =0A= running the code in Excel for Mac (PowerBook G4 with OS X) =0A= and got the following error message: "Compile error in hidden =0A= >module: ThisWorkbook". Does anyone know how to fix this =0A= error and, more generally, what other problems might occur =0A= when trying to run vb code on a Mac when that code was =0A= developed in Excel 2002? =0A= =0A= Thanks, =0A= =0A= Jeff Melkonian =0A= .. =0A= MacXL uses VBA 5, so any VBA6 commands you use, you'll either need to add in (conditional compil...

New harddrive help please
Sony Vaio laptop with a 20 gb Toshiba drive.(7 year old computer) Drive layout: 4 partitions in order (all primary) WindowsXP (8gb) Ubuntu (4.5gb) Linux swap (630mb) Shared ntfs (5.5 gb)approximately. I have been given a 60gb Toshiba drive that I will replace my 20gb drive with. Basically I want to image,clone, whatever the 20gb to the 60 gb and then install it. How do I do this. I believe I will need an external USB/Firwire external drive enclosure. Is that correct? =?Utf-8?B?TWFueUJlZXJz?= <ManyBeers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:AD8E11F0-4234-42D8-866F-1405...

Help
I have been using Brightstor Archserve backup from CA. My backups began failing for my exchange information store. I run one Exchange 2003 standard server. On the suggestion of CA tech support I ran an NT backup on the exchange server. It also fails. The report shows this: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Backup.bkf created 1/25/2005 at 8:07 AM" Backup of "IH-EXCHANGE02\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup description: "Set created 1/25/2005 at 8:07 AM" Media name: &...

Public Folders access problem (S2003)
We have Small Business Server 2003 and recently installed Exchange Server 2003. All went well, including the setup of a public folder called "Usercalendar", and the setup of several domain user's permission to use a group calendar within the folder. However, about 3 weeks have passed and we tried to go in and add some more user's to the list of those permitted into the group calendar. But now we cannot access our public folders at all. We have tried 3 different methods - Outlook (ie: MAPI access), Exchange System Manager, and the MMS snap-in for Exchange Server. Here...

labels publisher2003 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to input my address book onto my labels. I keep getting an entire page of the same address is there anyway to have one page of different addresses, without having to type them in I print a lot of labels in Publisher using the mail merge wizard. My address list is in Excel. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to input my address book onto my labels. I >keep getting an entire page of the same address is there >anyway to have one page of different addresses, without >having to type them in >. > ...

CRM and AD problem
what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the list of users from AD? I'm login as Domain Admin and this account is also System Administrator role of MSCRM. Please advise. Hi Benjamin, is it possible this users are members of a different domain? if so, you need to create trust between the two domains. Hope this helps, Chen On May 28, 10:37 am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <fal...@pldtdsl.net> wrote: > what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the > list of users from AD? > > I'm login as Domain Ad...

More of an Networking Problem
I have two computers that I am trying to network, one when I right click and select security it shows me a dialog box for allow networking, when clicked no problem I can access it. On another computer I try the same thing, and instead of networking it says security, after ticking share it says the folder is being shared, okay so far, but I can not access it from the networked computer??? Any idea's as to what could be going on? -- Thank You Vince :) check that both computers are part of the same workgroup (right click my computer and look through the computer name tab), and als...

Backup #9
I am trying to backup my data. Whether I do it from the "File" Dropdown or automatically. I run inot the same problem. It says, "Unable to access the specified drive. Retry?" When I go into options, I am clicked on only hard drive and not floppy. Any ideas. Thanks. PAL wrote: > I am trying to backup my data. Whether I do it from the "File" > Dropdown or automatically. I run inot the same problem. It says, > "Unable to access the specified drive. Retry?" When I go into > options, I am clicked on only hard drive and not floppy....

Help!
We're adding approximately 1500 users to an AD OU for the state of Delaware. The domain logon names will be formatted First name.Lastname Example: Joe.Smith We're going to be populating an Exchange 2000/2003 information store with these 1500 new AD users. The SMTP address for these users will be "First Name.Last name@state.de.us" Example: Joe.Smith@state.de.us Currently these 1500 users are in an Exchange 5.5 information store, where their SMTP address is First initial Last name. Example: JSmith@dot.state.de.us Is there a mechanism to automate making the addre...

Hiding functions in cells problem
I have a large table with a rather long function in one column t generate values. The function shows up in the cell unless there i data in the two columns from which it draws data from to generate th answer. How do I make the function disappear from the cell so that th table will print out blank, but still have the function in the cell Attachment filename: example2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=64864 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com pyzikchr, I suspect your function is actually a formula in the cell?...