auto create itemlookupcode when adding new items

Just like RMS assigns the next available # when adding a new customer, RMS
should have a "next available #" for auto assigning the next Item Looup Code
when adding inventory.  At it's most basic, all you would do is give the
starting number , say 10000.

You could always overwrite the number suggested with a manufacturer's 12
digit upc.

The implementation guide talks about "automation for numbering items", let's
see it!
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We offer this feature in one of our add-ins called AutoGen. You can define a
sequential ILC as 5, 6, or 7 digits or autogenerate categorized codes with a
dept/category code prefix. Code 128A is the default barcode format.
You can also enable auto-update of SRN to Alias from Item Properties or
enable  auto-update of SRN/Supplier changes from Purchase Orders.
For details contact info @ digitalretailer.com.

"Peter Johnson TMS POS support" wrote:

> Just like RMS assigns the next available # when adding a new customer, RMS
> should have a "next available #" for auto assigning the next Item Looup Code
> when adding inventory.  At it's most basic, all you would do is give the
> starting number , say 10000.
>
> You could always overwrite the number suggested with a manufacturer's 12
> digit upc.
>
> The implementation guide talks about "automation for numbering items", let's
> see it!
0
Greg7423 (349)
3/26/2005 4:25:06 PM
This can be done using an SQL Trigger.  Talk to your RMS reseller about it.

0
jhunt (286)
3/28/2005 5:22:43 PM
argh! I AM the reseller :0.  but thank you! that might point me enough in the
right direction...so far it's but a fun learning curve.

"Jason Hunt" wrote:

> This can be done using an SQL Trigger.  Talk to your RMS reseller about it.
Check the Managed newsgroups, there was an example of an SQL Trigger not too
long ago (in the last month or so)

0
jhunt (286)
3/28/2005 6:05:00 PM
thank you very much!
Peter

MRP Regeneration
Hi, We have a problem where when we do a MRP regen items that are inactive or obsolete are still showing up to buy even though they're inactive and 'Calculate MRP' is checked off under the Item Engineering Data interface. Are there other interfaces we could be missing to ensure these items don't continually show up to buy. Thanks, -- Jim Bourque What is the Order Policy set for the item? And while you are at it, give me the other parameters (min, max, days......etc) from the Item Resource Planning window. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentatio...

datasheet view form open NEW
I have a datasheet form when it opens I'd like it to setfocus at the "Enter NEW Area HERE"(defaultvalue of txtAreaName) new record instead of the first record on the list. I cannot just change it to data entry to YES because then I can't see all records which I want to see. Is there a way to setfocus to the new record in datasheet view? Thanks If you're opening the form in datasheet view in code, you can do it in the DoCmd.OpenForm statement by passing an openarg and testing for that argument in the OnLoad or OnOpen event in the form. If the argument is present th...

Settings auto configured
When a user logs onto a different machine in the domain and launches Outlook 2003 they have to run through the outlook setup. (The server is Exchange 2003) Is there a way to set exchange or outlook to automatically put in the username and exchange server into Outlook so each new machine the user log onto they don't have to reenter the same info? On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:37:31 -0700, Tserch <Tserch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When a user logs onto a different machine in the domain and launches Outlook >2003 they have to run through the outlook setup. (The server is E...

Quote field on Item Vendor Maintenance
A client wanted to have a field that auto-populates his POs w/ current quoted pricing from Vendors. The "Originating Invoice Cost" which is filled by last invoice cost and then auto-populates in the next created PO for that vendor was a consideration, however, if he received a quote today and updated that field, but matched an invoice to a shipment the day following, his entry would be overridden. Would you consider adding a field that could permit a quoted cost on this window, possibly even a setup to select either Quoted cost or Originating Invoice Cost. Thanks for your c...

deleting outlook auto-complete names
in outlook, this user has auto-completion for names in email, some of the names that auto-complete he wants to delete, these names are not in his contact list, some are in global list but with different work locations, user tried to delete but these will not Remove individual entries by highlighting them in the suggested names list and hitting your Delete key. Or clear the entire cache: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287623&Product=out -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jesse B. Carlisle" <jcarlisle@deloitte.com> wrote in message news:d20001c439...

Remove/Hide Navbar items
Hi all, I would like to have my own product page under opportunity products section. I don't want the users to see the Products side nav bar which comes with the default installation. I looked at the file which was loading the page (crmwebsite/sfa/opps/edit.aspx) and found out that it uses a custom web usercontrol to load the left side bar items in a <div> tag. The <div> tag does not even have a name or id. Is there any way I could remove the div tag ( which does not have a name or id) using JavaScript. Moreover I do not find the div tag inside the FORM element. At this poi...

Writing a new API
I am trying to write an application with an API in VC++. It produces a .TLB and a .EXE file. I have 3 test harnesses to check the work - a C++ test app, a MS VB test app and a MS J++ test app The C++ test app can link and use the interface, but ONLY if I use a CoInitialize(NULL) call first. In the same C++ test app, we can link to Excel just fine without a call to CoInitialize(NULL) first! Is there something I need to do in the API app so that other applications may link to my app easily?? Anyone know the VB or J++ equivalent of "CoInitialize(NULL)". Or how do improve my API ...

New Address Book ?
Why add a new address book, when it shows a empty personal address book ? When you click on the address book, it shows empty. Orlando Gondar <gemail@gondarelectronics.com> wrote: > Why add a new address book, when it shows a empty personal address > book ? The Personal Address Book service is obsolete and should not be used. Instead you should add the Outlook Address Book service and enable showing your Contacts folders as address books. -- Brian Tillman ...

Remove Favorite Folders item from Outlook 2003
I know there's a technote stating that it can't be removed, but is there any third party 'hack' that can remove it? Thanks, Jeff >I know there's a technote stating that it can't be >removed, but is there any third party 'hack' that can >remove it? I've been searching for such a 'hack' for a while now without any luck. Anybody know why Microsoft chose not let us turn it off? Mark ? Because the vast majority of folks find this option extremely useful and only a few don't want it visible?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Mail will not send with new address book entries
I have recently gone from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 and any new addresses I setup cannot be sent mail to. The error is "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" If I type in the address manually the message is sent fine. The only difference I see in the new address book entries is the field, "E-Mail type" which I am forced to enter something into. I just put a letter in that field. Ideas? Thanks Neil. ...

how do i create a new e-mail account?
i have an existing hotmail email account. but i want to be able to use outlook. im using out look 2003. what is the incoming server info and where do i find it. same with outgoing mail server. SMTP thanks katherine "atherinek" <atherinek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA84299B-D64B-4FA2-B379-622FEBD547AC@microsoft.com... >i have an existing hotmail email account. but i want to be able to use > outlook. im using out look 2003. what is the incoming server info and > where > do i find it. same with outgoing mail server. SMTP > thanks > kath...

How can I create a Read-only field?
In one of my forms there is a textfield that should be either enabled or disabled, depending on the value of a picklist. With a Jscript in the onChange event I can do this, but how can I make sure the textfield still is disabled/enabled when I re-open the form? It should be some procedure that is called when loading the form, but how do I create such a procedure, and how do I insert it in form.load? I hope somebody can help me with this, and that he/she can explain it in newbie-terms... Thanks in advance, Simon Hi Simon, I'm trying to do the same - here is some code from a system where ...

recipient policies and ADS
Hello although i have a basic understand about email-addresses and recipient policies I still don't know how to the set up our server The problem 1 Server (no routinggroup), 140 User, 1 locatio Our company has 6 email-domains and various email-addresse In General the email-address-format is: %g.%s@domain1.d Some of the employees have: %g.%s@domain2.de (@domain1.de should return to the sender in these cases Some of the employees have individual email-addreses eg. info@domain1.d Some of the public folders have also individual email-addresse The questions I know that i need to set up recip...

Send an alert mail when AD password is expiring
Hello everybody, i cannot get to a solution to this problem: in a win 2003 appliance A.D. domain, with exchange as mail server, the password maximum age is set to 31 days; most of the users don't connect locally but they uses just the mail service via their pop3 clients, and they don't get any message that their password is expiring, with the result of their accounts locked once a month. How can i automatically send an e-mail alert a few days before the password expires? thanks a lot for any help, Marco You would have to create a script that ran every day to check for expiring pas...

Calculating auto filtered data
how do I calculate the median of filtered data without counting the hidden columns? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 Take a look at the SUBTOTAL worksheet function. = SUBTOTAL(1, A1:A500) would give you the Average of all non-filtered data in the specified range. (yeah, I know you asked for Median. Average is the best I can do.) HTH, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "Patty via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:534776E33C7FB@OfficeKB.com... > how d...

How can I create a chart using stacked & reg columns together?
I need to create a chart using 2 axis (which I can do already). The part I am struggling with is on the primary axis, I need 1 standard column and 1 stacked column side-by-side. I can do a dual axis with 1 stacked column and 1 line on the primary, but not a column. Any help is greatly appretiated. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html DMenegay wrote: > I need to create a chart using 2 axis (which I can do already). The part I > am struggling with is on the primary axis...

NOT starting new activities on certain days of the week
Hi, I am working on a schedule that is based on 7 days a week working, however, I do not want new activities to start on a Saturday or Sunday and default to start on a Monday. (Though activities can start on Tuesday, Wednesday, etc just not the week-end). Once started activities will continue through the week-end. Is there a relatively straight forward way to do this without writing a VBA to handle it? (I'm against the clock on this one) Thanks Tooky Easiest way is to just have a calendar without working days on Saturday & Sunday. Create milestones prior to ...

New Money File Error on Windows XP
I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000). But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed. Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always. Is it error on Windows XP? Have you tried re-installing M2002? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORcUKtP0DHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm using...

New Folder in Navigation Pain will not allow you to perform a
If I add a New Folder in the Navigation Panel, I am unable to perform a Rename. The idea is to organize the panel with a "Windows Shortcut" folder and then add additional series folders and window shortcuts within this but the initial folder that should be "Windows Shortcuts" will not allow a rename to occur, so I end up with just a folder "New Folder". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. ...

auto fill #2
I have a spreadsheet with 300 rows, and I would like to color fill every other row. Can that be done in an automatic way of some sort? See http://cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm In article <10a1vqcbo8s1c23@corp.supernews.com>, "Mostro di Biscotti" <nospam@please.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with 300 rows, and I would like to color fill every > other row. Can that be done in an automatic way of some sort? You can do it with a formula and conditional formatting. The formulas are here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm. All you have to do is ...

Auto fill color change
How do I get a cell to change the color fill automatically when specific data is entered into a cell? I am trying yo build a calender for the company emeployees to fill out their vacation schedules. When they enter "V" into a cell, I would like that cell to automatically change to a dark blue fill with white text. -- Thanks Dave Sorry .... I need to expand on this thought. I figured out how to get a cell to change for one variable with conditional formatting, however I have 5 possible variables of which I would like different colors for each. Can this be done? So for ...

How to create a report RDL
Hi. I'm new in CRM, and i don't now what i need to create a report. I use a CRM 3.0 on a SQL 2000 server and I installed VS 2005, but i can't see the business intellegence project. what i need to do? thank to all. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com You must install the SQL reporting components on your development system. For this you will need Visual studio 2003. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrat...

Address Book and Contatcs gone after upgrade to Outlook 2010 on new PC
I have started setting up a new PC and installed Outlook 2010. I opened a ..pst file that I had saved from my last PC. All the emails were there in the inbox etc, but the address book and contacts (not sure of the difference) were empty. Can I get them back? "Eurofeeds" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message news:c261e$4c23d230$50e5af86$10573@news.eurofeeds.com... > I have started setting up a new PC and installed Outlook 2010. I opened a > .pst file that I had saved from my last PC. All the emails were there in > the inbox etc, but the address ...

item stock inquiry balance
Dear all i need some help about item stock inquiry balance Calculation.how balance is calculated in this inquiry Doc. Date Document Type Document Number Qty In Qty Out Balance 1/13/2017 Return IVC10082 200.00 0.00 600.00 4/15/2017 Receipt RCT00117 19.00 0.00 619.00 HOW 600 is calculated in first line.I have many items which have this balance in irst line . Urgent help is required !!!! Hi, I suggest you run a reconcile on your Stock. Make sure all other users are out first or you may get erro...

Best way to create a Work Breakdown Structure
I am new to both Visio & WBS's. I'm experimenting with the Org Chart option. Does anyone know a better way of creating a pictorial representation of a WBS? Many thanks, Charles The v2007 WBS modeler was just released on MS downloads. It has a co-req of MS Project. al "C Ferguson" <C Ferguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B00582F6-5EB2-4B76-9049-0D28FEFB83FF@microsoft.com... >I am new to both Visio & WBS's. I'm experimenting with the Org Chart >option. > Does anyone know a better way of creating a pictorial representation...