authorizing a sale of an item.

there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off.  For
example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item that I
don't want to be sold without my authorization.  Instead of training my
cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my
authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and ask
for an authorization.  Can you help?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI Hayk,
its again Akber, I belive such thing is not available right now, you are
talking about workflow where authorization has passed and then you can move
one. but you can do such thing by making your own add on or customization.

I suggest you for the time being use "item message" feature which enable at
POS to cahiser when he is about to sell the item there would one message come.

"Hayk Market" wrote:

> there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off.  For
> example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item that I
> don't want to be sold without my authorization.  Instead of training my
> cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my
> authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and ask
> for an authorization.  Can you help?
0
AkberAlwani (916)
5/17/2007 4:57:00 AM
This is a development.  If you want this development done contact me.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = =

"Hayk Market" <HaykMarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off.  For
> example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item
> that I
> don't want to be sold without my authorization.  Instead of training my
> cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my
> authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and
> ask
> for an authorization.  Can you help?

0
afshin (783)
5/18/2007 4:47:10 PM
This can be a development.  Contact me if you want a quote.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = =
"Hayk Market" <HaykMarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off.  For
> example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item
> that I
> don't want to be sold without my authorization.  Instead of training my
> cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my
> authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and
> ask
> for an authorization.  Can you help?

0
afshin (783)
5/18/2007 4:48:56 PM
You could check the 'block the sales of htis item' box.  When somebody tries
to finalize a sale with a blocked item on it, POS refuses.

* Use security to deny change of that setting to cashiers.

Cashier calls manager to see what's up.

Manager secures register with manager credentials, opens item properties,
unchecks 'block sales', click OK, finalize transaction.

Manager goes back into item properties, re-checks 'block sales', click OK,
re-secure register with cashier credentials.  Back to work...

Best of all, this solution is FREE.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Hayk Market" wrote:

> there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off.  For
> example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item that I
> don't want to be sold without my authorization.  Instead of training my
> cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my
> authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and ask
> for an authorization.  Can you help?
0
tomg2938 (389)

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

Sales Literature in the Workplace
Is it possible to display Sales Literature in the Sales folder group in the Workplace? -- Sydne Strong Hi Syndne: Yes you simply have to add the Sales Literature link to the sitemap customizations file. Most of the CRM screens aresimply URLs, and for sales lit I beleive it's: http://<yourcrmserver>/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1038 That's an underscore before the word "root" Go to Settings->Customization->Export Customizations, select Sitemap, and export the file. *BACK UP THIS FILE* and make note of this URL: http://<yourcrmserver>/tools/systemcustom...

Error CRM Sales for Outlook 0x80044101
When Connecting to CRM Sales for outlook I get an error that says to contact my administrator. With the following error number in the browser address. I have uninstalled an reinstall CRM Sales for outlook with no resolution. http://localhost:2525/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx? errNum=0x80044101 I did not include the Event Log Here it is MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044101. Error Message: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044101. Error Details: Det...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

Selected items from List Box sent to Form Field
When items are selected from a list box (frm!List52), they currently populate another list box (frm!List56) but I would like the selections made to also update a field (T_assigned) on the form. Currently frm! List56 is populated with first name and last name data - Columns 1 and 2 - I am trying to get the selected ID_NUMs from Column 0 into the T_assigned field. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks. ______________________________________________ Public Sub CopySelected(ByRef frm As Form) Dim ctlSource As Control Dim ctlDest As Control Dim strItems As String...

Detailed Sales by rep in HQ
I would like to find out if there is a custom report that will show detailed sales by sales rep (like the custom report available to download from Microsoft for Store Operations) for HQ. I need to be able to see who sold what in each store from the HQ level so I can give commission to my sales people. Thanks in advance. Copy this into Notepad, and save to: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports\Memorized-Commission Report.qrp //--- Report Summary --- // Begin ReportSummary ReportType = reporttypeSales ReportTitle = "Commission Report"...

Can't add a standard inventory item
Hello, When we select "new" and "standard" we get "runtime error 94 invalid use of null". However we can add other types of items...matrix. We found an article on the knowledgebase and tried those suggestions (they were for Quicksell 2000) but it didn't work. We re-applied the most recent service pack and ran the maintainence and check on the database. Nothing is helping. Anyone seen this before or have any suggestiosn for me. Thanks. Pat Pat@arms wrote: > Hello, > When we select "new" and "standard" we get "runtime error ...

Allow the selling of discontinued items for the General Ledger wi
this is a test ...do not respond ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=15c16c1b-4794-4e6b-8ad8-438409ea2497&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

"New" menu item doesn't "Save"
I have VC++ 6 and RichEdit. I use IsModified() to test the changes to the document. But, the "New" IsModified doesn't work. I do use pDoc->SetModifiedFlag(true); in void CHtmlRichEditCtrlSSL::OnChar(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags). That's why I want to know why OnNewDocument doesn't get modified when it should. (The OnNewDocument is in the CDocument class.) BOOL CHTMLEditDoc::OnNewDocument() { if (!CDocument::OnNewDocument()) return FALSE; CMainFrame* pFrameWnd = static_cast<CMainFrame*>(AfxGetMainWnd()); if (NULL != pFrameWnd) { CHtmlRich...

Sales Process Question 08-02-06
Is it possible to create a sales process based where stage progression is based on a field value - for example a pick list rather than the status of an activity? I want to create a pick list with sales stages and have a process evaluate the picklist value before progressing to the next stage. ...

Deleted Items Retension
I have the Deleted Items Recovery set to 30 days. However, if someone uses Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003 back-end) and selects the "Recover Deleted Items" option and then selects the "Purge Selected Item" does this disregard the 30 day recovery retension and then permanently remove the item? If so, can the item be recovered from the Exchange Server Manager? TIA. Yes it does and no you cannot recover it. Once the item has been purged, its gone. I don't care for that myself. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2806ACFF-B3...

Short-circuiting the item price sync in HQ Client
Long story short, I ran a mass update in SQL on the Item table in RMS Store Ops 2.0. I updated about 26000 items. Now when I try to run the Data Upload worksheet (401) in Headquarters, the HQ client churns aways for about a half-hour, then times out. Is there any way to "short-circuit" the item upload in HQ? I tried manually setting the ItemDynamic.SnapShotTime field to a later date, hoping that it would trick HQ into thinking these items were updated already, but no luck. I don't quite know how RMS determines something in StoreOps needs to be uploaded to HQ; is there a t...

Input filtered item in a separate cell
Anyone know how I can filter a list by a variable in a list and have cell A2 always show the latest variable the list is filtered by. The list would start on say Row 4 so e.g Heading is Product, this column filtered to show the word Health. I want this to automatically also appear in Cell A2. using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance. From Tom Ogilvy: ******************************* Here is a user defined function that will display the criteria in a cell: Public Function ShowFilter(rng As Range) Dim filt As Filter Dim sCrit1 As String Dim sCrit2 As String Dim sop As String Dim lngOp As Long D...

showing unread items in public folder
I setup some public folders on my exchange 2003 box. This folder has an email address associated with it, which accepts mail. I noticed in the properties for the folder there is an option to "show number of unread items" or "show number of total items". These two options are greyed out for me. Any idea how to enable these options? thanks! Sean ...

Prevent Partial Item in CListCtrl ?
Hi guys, Can I prevent the display of partial items in a CListCtrl ? I made a custom CreateDragImage() that copies what's displayed and when an item is partially displayed the drag image has the border and non-client area in it. Any ideas ? Thanks. ...

Can't delete items from my inbox
I use Windows XP and Office 2000 at work. Recently, I get the following message when I attempt to delete items from my inbox in Outlook: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook". I have run detect and repair to fix this problem as well as re-installing Office, but the message still appears and I can not delete items from my inbox. I can't even drag them to the deleted items folder. Any ideas? Thanks, Mark L. ...

Dictionary<key,item> trimming internally
I was playing around with using Dictionary<> to implement a sparse array using something like class Key { byte x, y, z; } where the "space" is 16,777,216 entries but there are only ever going to be maximum of 10,000 entries but it seems to me the internal hash array only grows - it never shrinks looking at the code with reflector shows a private Resize() method that only grows the number of buckets ideally I would like something that would automatically recycle buckets and so not generate any garbage any ideas? John Rivers wrote: > [...] &...

grouping PivotTable items
Using Excel list to create a pivot table. Sometimes I Excel doesn't allow me to group a date field - saying "Cannot group that selection." If I delete this pivot table and create a new table, it will now allow the date field to be grouped. I didn't make any changes to the source data. What's the cause of this? It wasn't a problem when I was creating a pivot table manually, but now I'm trying to automate it within a macro, there's run-time error when it gets the group statement. this is usually symptomatic of a non date value being in the column of d...

XML Source Menu Item disabled?? File version??
My XML Source Menu Item is disabled (aka greyed-out). Why? I have a workbook with multi-worksheets and I want to enable a conversion to XML, I'm trying to follow the documentation here, but it's poorly organized and more poorly written (IMHO).. I can't find anything which tells me why the menu item would be disabled. The version is Office 2003 Pro and (clearly) the capability is there, I can see the "XML Source" item. I did a quick test and if I make a brand new file, I have the XML Source option so that means means this is a file version issue?. I know this wo...

sales process for other entities
Hi! I would like to create sales process like it exist for opportunity for other entities. For example for order i have 4 different steps(send it by email,create appointment and etc.). May be somebody have solution description. Thanks The sales process is made especially for the opportunity. However you should be able to mimic the behavior with a standard workflow rule. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- <is_vlb50@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1161013482...

Commissions to sales managers
What is the best way to configure GP so that sales managers receive commissions off their reps customers invoices? I know that you configure the territory and the reps % on the salesperson maintenance screen but don't see a place in the GP 9 documentation for where I would create the rollup for the manager of that territory. Splitting commissions by order would be a bit too painful. Can you please point me to the right document or customer source entry that can lead me in the right direction? Thanks. Monson, There is really nothing in GP to handle this. If you are able to devise ...

Sale price adjustments
Hi, Our client has regular price adjustments due to various practical scenarios in the wholesale distribution sector. The method that we planned to use was to do a return transaction for the price adjustments. But this effects cost of sales and wish to find out whether there are any better work-arounds to handle this. Another option that we tried was to have a free text item for the item entered in SOP as a return with appropriate costs etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated. PR, could you give an example scenario? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dyna...

How list inventory item codes so that they will be sorted correctl

Detailed Sales Report at Head quarters. On hand items shows total orginazation quanity not store quanitiy.
Hello, I am trying to customize the Detailed sales report to show the Onhand quantity for each store. When I select the "On Hand" Column it shows the total for the entire orginization. I want something that reflects just the Quanitiy On Hand at each location. I noticed that the Item -> Snapshot store Quanity list does this. I attempted to move the chuck of code setting the DynamicItem in the snapshot report over to the Detailed Sales Report but am recieving errors. I am not sure if the DynamicItem is support in reporttype = salesreport. I am in the process of registering...

Pivot Table
Hi, consider an examle of data and a pivot table like in the page of famous jon: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm, namely the most left table in the third row. I want to report all product that have sales above 8000. Other product i do not want to see in the table. I know how to report 3 best products but it is not i need. Thank you riso ...