Any way to change the transaction date?

I had a wierd issue recently when the server was restarted it went back to
1/1/2003
I replaced board battery to fix the pblm but for reporting porposes is there
any way to move the sales data for what the system thinks is 1/1/2003 to
1/28/2007?

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you can do so by using following query: take the backup before performing the
operation:

update [Transaction] set Time='2007-1-28' where year(time)=2003 and
month(time)=1 and day(time)=1

update Journal set Time='2007-1-28' where year(time)=2003 and month(time)=1
and day(time)=1

update TransactionHold set TransactionTime='2007-1-28' where
year(TransactionTime)=2003 and month(TransactionTime)=1 and
day(TransactionTime)=1

update VoucherEntry set [Date]='2007-1-28' where year([Date])=2003 and
month([Date])=1 and day([Date])=1

with above query you will loss the time data, however if you really want I
will work out on them there are couple of way to do so I just given one
option to you.

"robmultilink" wrote:

> I had a wierd issue recently when the server was restarted it went back to
> 1/1/2003
> I replaced board battery to fix the pblm but for reporting porposes is there
> any way to move the sales data for what the system thinks is 1/1/2003 to
> 1/28/2007?

0
AkberAlwani (916)
9/1/2007 6:22:00 AM
I really appreciate the help, when you say lose the time data do you mean
the transaction times for that date or all time data?  If it is just for that
date I'm not concerned about that at all.
Thanks again
Rob Wilkie
"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> you can do so by using following query: take the backup before performing the
> operation:
>
> update [Transaction] set Time='2007-1-28' where year(time)=2003 and
> month(time)=1 and day(time)=1
>
> update Journal set Time='2007-1-28' where year(time)=2003 and month(time)=1
> and day(time)=1
>
> update TransactionHold set TransactionTime='2007-1-28' where
> year(TransactionTime)=2003 and month(TransactionTime)=1 and
> day(TransactionTime)=1
>
> update VoucherEntry set [Date]='2007-1-28' where year([Date])=2003 and
> month([Date])=1 and day([Date])=1
>
> with above query you will loss the time data, however if you really want I
> will work out on them there are couple of way to do so I just given one
> option to you.
>

> "robmultilink" wrote:
>
> > I had a wierd issue recently when the server was restarted it went back to
> > 1/1/2003
> > I replaced board battery to fix the pblm but for reporting porposes is there
> > any way to move the sales data for what the system thinks is 1/1/2003 to
> > 1/28/2007?

Yes I mean just time HH:MM:SS for the your specific day. Also include the
following table:
update DailySales set [Date]='2007-1-28' where year([Date])=2003 and
month([Date])=1 and day([Date])=1

Regards
Akber

"robmultilink" wrote:

> I really appreciate the help, when you say lose the time data do you mean
> the transaction times for that date or all time data?  If it is just for that
> date I'm not concerned about that at all.
> Thanks again
> Rob Wilkie
> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
> > you can do so by using following query: take the backup before performing the
> > operation:
> >
> > update [Transaction] set Time='2007-1-28' where year(time)=2003 and
> > month(time)=1 and day(time)=1
> >
> > update Journal set Time='2007-1-28' where year(time)=2003 and month(time)=1
> > and day(time)=1
> >
> > update TransactionHold set TransactionTime='2007-1-28' where
> > year(TransactionTime)=2003 and month(TransactionTime)=1 and
> > day(TransactionTime)=1
> >
> > update VoucherEntry set [Date]='2007-1-28' where year([Date])=2003 and
> > month([Date])=1 and day([Date])=1
> >
> > with above query you will loss the time data, however if you really want I
> > will work out on them there are couple of way to do so I just given one
> > option to you.
> >

> > "robmultilink" wrote:
> >
> > > I had a wierd issue recently when the server was restarted it went back to
> > > 1/1/2003
> > > I replaced board battery to fix the pblm but for reporting porposes is there
> > > any way to move the sales data for what the system thinks is 1/1/2003 to
> > > 1/28/2007?

0
AkberAlwani (916)

how can i change my email address outgoing.
Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. When i receive mail it comes through as being sent to it ok. My question is how can i set it up so that my personal email doesn't show up on outgoing mail but shows as my business mail address thus looking more professional.? me2130 wrote: > Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email > address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. > When i receiv...

Recommendations for Mobile workforce Password change
My company has about 150 users of which 100 of them never access the Corporate network. These are Webmail and Smartphone only users (they do not have company issued PCs). The only reason the have an account in AD is for email access. So I am looking for recommendations for password change procedures, policies, and tools. We run Exchange 2007 and there is a password change feature but the implementation is lacking. If you force a password change (through domain policy) the user cannot log in to get to the password change option once the password has expired. We have Exchan...

What is best way to determine whether a value exists in a column of values?
Excel 2002 Hi What is the best way to lookup a value (i.e. a number) to see whether or not it is in another column of values? I need exact matches only I cant get lookup() to work... With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Strangely enough I have now discovered that the function =countif() seems to work quite well! Ship Shiperton Henethe ...

How to import 401k/403b transactions
Hi Group: I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what I could do to import 401k/403b transaction? I do get position, but not individual transaction thanks We need more information from you: what version of Money? From where are you trying to import? How? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Jinsong Liu" <jliu@waveseeker.com> wrote in message news:4ihuk09mbufibv48b472d0n80mnn5fqhco@4ax.com... > Hi Group: > > I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import > 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what...

login -- changed my password
silly me, not knowing that it wasn't my fault I changed the .NET password on the microsoft site. Now I'm getting the "Your sign-in name is not associated with your file" error. wonderful. Endre I had the same problem and thought maybe I had a virus or something. My password just suddenly didn't work and I changed my passport too. I changed it back to what it was. I'll be furious if this problem isn't fixed. I have about a years worth of stuff in Money and was just getting ready to use it to put together a budget, in addition to the fact that I haven'...

Database and Log Transaction Size
We recently deployed Exchange Server 2003 and the storage database and transaction logs keep increasing. We are running out of space and were wondering how other people are handling this kind of situation. The circular logging is not enabled, but from what I have read so far it's not a good idea to enable it and we were wondering if there is an effective and easiest way to reduce or prevent these databases and transaction logs from increasing. Thank you very much for your help. The logs are deleted after backups are run. You are running backups, arent you? "." <gilbert...

Change control workflow
Does anyone have any experience creating a change control workflow? For example if we want all firewall changes to have an audit trail, and we need someone other than who did the work to cross-check and sign it off before that ticket can be closed? Many thanks, Adam ...

Inserting Date in form
Access 2003 I have inhereted a form and one of the fields should enter today's date automatically. It is not doing it. I right clicked on the text box in design view, went to Properties, but I don't know what to do from there. Any help would be appreciated. Heather Fabries Heather, Locate the DefaultValue property of the text control (must be a Date/Time field as defined in your table) Place this value in the DefaultValue... Date() If you need to capture Date and Time... Now() On any NEW record, today's date will be entered automatically. De...

EPays w/ Processing Date
I've been using MM for a number of years and have had relatively few problems...until now with MM05. I've searched this NG and FAQ web site but haven't found the issue/resolution. I have always had MM to record EPays with the PROCESSING DATE and have it checked in Settings/Online Services. MM05, however, records the transaction in the register with the SUBMITTING DATE. For example, yesterday I sent 2 payments to be paid on the 13th of the month but MM recorded yesterday's date NOT the payment date. That transaction, once submitted can't be changed as the check numbe...

Budget date range
I need to set up my budget so that the month is the 15th throught the 14th, instead of the 1st throught the 31st. Can I do this in Money 2002 (OEM)? Sorry no! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Julie King" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cb1b01c393f5$dd4e9090$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to set up my budget so that the month is the 15th > throught the 14th, instead of the 1st throught the 31st. >...

Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 changes size
When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server it increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to prevent it from occurring? It may be possible that you have a high ratio of single instance storage. When someone sends an e-mail to multiple people on you exchange server it only stores one attachement and each user recieves a pointer that points to it. (this is all transparent to the user) But when you start moving mailboxes for any reason it breaks this and makes a single a...

Promt before changing a value
I was asked the below question by someone and was wondering if you guys have any advise I can relay to him. "I am looking to create something, most likely with VB code, in excel that will pop up a dialog box to warn the user that they are changing the quantity of a part by a more than normal amount. For example, if the current inventory quantity for a specific insert is 10,000, then if that cell is changed by more than 3000, a dialog box will appear to prompt the user to double check their change. So, if that cell is changed to 13,000 or higher, or, 7,000 or lower, the dialog box will ...

Report showing dates of when accounts are balanced
Hello. Is there way in MS Money 2005 where I can recurse each of my credit card and bank accounts and create a report showing when it was balanced. As it is, I have to go to each account and look over to the left to see the "Balanced on" date. Just wondering if there is a faster way to view the info on a single page. Thanks for the help! John There used to be, but the page showing it disappeared in 2005 :-( -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your pr...

Change in CTime data member fro 4 bytes to 8 bytes
Hi, I have legacy code that has a structure which has several CTime data members. These data structs were written using VC6. When I try to reade these same structs using VC7.1 (.Net 2003) I get errors, because the CTime class now has a 8 byte rather than a 4 byte data member. My question is can I use a compiler or some other option in .Net 2003 to use the older version of CTime rather than the newer version. The work around of reading the CTime data in as a long and then casting it to a CTime works, but is clugy. Thanks Hi, while it's nice of Microsoft to support CTimes beyond th...

Date minus work days
In A1 i have: 29-May-2010 In A2: 20 (workdays) In A3: 13-May-2010 (holiday) In A4: 24-May-2010 (holiday) I need to find the date of A1 minus number of workdays in A2, considering the holidays in A3:A4. Hans Knudsen "HK" <a@b.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:u7d9eoNqKHA.5480@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In A1 i have: 29-May-2010 > In A2: 20 (workdays) > In A3: 13-May-2010 (holiday) > In A4: 24-May-2010 (holiday) > > I need to find the date of A1 minus number of workdays in A2, considering > the holidays in A3:A4. > > Hans Knud...

HOW TO CHANGE ROW COLOUR
I want that current row colour with its header change, when i move to nex the previous row change to default. is it possible. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200705/1 Huh? Some possibilities without a decent description of what you want to do. RowLiner Cell Highlighting Add In http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Conditional Formatting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmtl.htm Event Macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.o...

automatically change text case on entry
I use the following code to automatically change the case of a range of cells to uppercase in Excel, which works fine. However I need some other cells in the same sheet to automatically change to Proper Case. Is there a way of adapting the following code to enable upper and proper case? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Range("H1,M5,O11,F7")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Value = UCase(.Value) End With End If ws_exit: Application.En...

Statement filter date
I am printing statement with a filter date of 6-2-08 to 7-1-08 but the entries before 6-2-08 are still coming up in the statement. Can anyone please help me make the filter date work? It is showing all transactions from the date we started using the RMS. Thank you. On Jul 8, 9:31=A0pm, Receipt does not print over $100 entry <Receiptdoesnotprintover100en...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am printing statement with a filter date of 6-2-08 to 7-1-08 but the > entries before 6-2-08 are still coming up in the statement. Can anyone pl= ease > help me make the filter date wo...

Date turns to a number
Hi I have a text field in a report with =Date() as the control source and format as medium date, the problem I have is when I send the report to Excel it turns the date into a number how do I stop this happening? Thanks Bob Just format the cell as a Date. Under the covers, VBA dates are eight byte floating point numbers, where the integer portion is the date as the number of days relative to 30 Dec, 1899 and the decimal portion is the time as a fraction of a day. Today is 27 Oct, 2007: if you ask Access for Format(Date, "0"), it will return 39382. If you plug that number ...

Date/Time Output Discrepancy
I've used two ways to get the {!Case.Created On} field but the outcomes were different. In 'E-mail To' action of Workflow Rule: the outcome was '07/21/2006 10:50 AM (GMT+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong SAR, Urumqi' In the Email Template: the outcome was '07/21/2006 10:50 AM' How can I get a consistent format, and can it be presented in the other formats, e.g. UTC? Workflow by default will give you a fully formated date time string. To get the required result. you will have to create a small .net assembly that takes in the datatime parameter and retu...

calculate dates
have serval date fields in my table that i need to perform calcualations to bring bring a certain # of items. Fields: RptDte Date filed closed always the last date of previous month--- 6/30 for this example EntryDte Date item was entered into system --could be multiple dates EffDte Date item was or will be effective.--could be multiple dates My first critera needs to be Any items with an EfftDte that is 2 months or prior from RptDte (6/30/2007) that was Entered (EntryDte Field) in May or June (m-1 or m-2) from current month. Second criteria would be Any items with an effdate that is 3 ...

date in queries
Dears While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get sum,min ,max,avg in summary option if the data is in number type. Any body can sujest any logic to get max and min value if the data type is in date field while we making a query by using query wizard any help please Regards Faisal Riyadh You can use Min and Max for dates. What problem are you having? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Faisal" wrote: > Dears > > While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get > sum,min ,max,avg in summary opti...

Track Changes in 2007 deleting large portions of text
We have a document where 3 team members are making updates in revision marks. We are not updating at the same time. For some reason, huge chunks of text are getting deleted that were never actually deleted by any of us. It has happened to all 3 of us after we worked in the document. It is now the third or fourth time that I have had to go back and reject the changes for the sections deleted, and yes it does show my name or one of the other uses in the name of the person who made the changes. I can go in, reject all of the deleted sections, save the document, get out and get b...

Name change and email problems
I have a user who has gotten married and asked that I change her name to reflect her new name. I made the changes to her display and logon name and also set up a new SMTP address. Now the problem is the user cannot access her mail using POP or IMAP. OWA works just fine. I have run into this problem before and my only solution was to delete and recreate the account from scratch then reattach the mail box. Is there any other way? Thanks did you change her "alias"? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8C18394-...

changing text "AU $9.95" to currency "9.95"
Need to Change a text field of "AU $9,95" to a currency field "9.95" for calculation. many thanks Hi I'm not sure about AU currency types so you will / may need to alter the right number but something like this should do the job - make a back up first ?? SELECT Val(Right([TableName]![FieldName],4)) AS NewCurrency FROM TableName; -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Andrew Cheng" wrote: > Need to Change a text field of "AU $9,95" to a currency field "9.95" for > calculation. many thanks ...