Allowed to view and edit all customers - security does not seem to work

When I unselect the check box for Allowed to view and edit customers under
cashier security, the cashier seems to still be able to edit or delete the
customer at will.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

0
JackT5605 (26)
8/17/2004 9:42:46 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Change the security status of the screen by using the left tab on screen
near the F7 key.  Then secure the customer screen by clicking F7 then press
ctrl S together and select the options you want to block for security
reasons.
For example, I have two people only that can delete an account for everyone
else that option is not available the button is grey.

You can customize every tab this way and it's especially great for new
cashiers and keeping people out of options not in use.

--
Elizabeth M.
"JT" <JackT@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> When I unselect the check box for Allowed to view and edit customers under
> cashier security, the cashier seems to still be able to edit or delete the
> customer at will.  Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)

Customize Outlook today does not work #5
I have read the replies about if MS update 813489 is install customize outlook today does not work. What if you do NOT have MS update 813489 install and it still does not work then what? Here is a good one for you. If you update to Office 2003 then it works. But if you install (not update) Office 2003 you can open customize outlook today, but you can not make or save any changes. Error "an activeX control on this page might be unsafe to.... I am having the same problem. Only update 813489 has not been loaded on my computer, because it is not relevant to my system. However, I did ...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Failed to customize the dialog box of toolbar
I cannot fill the left-hand list box of toolbar's dialog box,and if I delete one button in toolbar,I lost it. Below is my code: [code] #include <windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include "resource.h" #define ID_TOOLBAR 20001 static char *szAppName = "Study Toolbar" ; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) ; TBBUTTON tbButtons[] = { {STD_FILENEW, IDM_FILE_NEW, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON | BTNS_SHOWTEXT, 0, 0}, // 1 {STD_FILEOPEN, IDM_FILE_OPEN, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0, 0}, // 2 {STD_FILESAVE, IDM_FILE_SAVE, TBSTATE...

Access attachments don't work anymore
Outlook 2000's security update makes it impossible to receive MS Access .mdb or .mde files. But I need to do this to earn a living as an Access developer! Other than have the sender rename the file there must be a simpler way to override the security patch. Outlook Express let's you turn off this feature but OL 2000 has no such setting. (The feature is basically worthless anyway - any hacker would know you just rename the file, put your hacker code in it and send it. Access will open ANY file, regardless of what you name it!!) See if the information on the following page help...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

cannot view objects
Since 01/07/2005 I can't view objects in MS Publisher 2003. I could prior to that. I haven't done any OS updates. Help! Have you tried View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jay in Colorado" <Jay in Colorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30D92C79-48ED-4CF3-8FF6-51AC155C86ED@microsoft.com... > Since 01/07/2005 I can't view objects in MS Publisher 2003. I could prior to > that. I haven't done any OS updates. Help! Yes, thanks but it...

Workflow rule on (Order)Products and columns of related entities in advanced find view
Hi, Does anyone know whether it's possible to create workflow rules on (Order)Products, since the entity Products isn't part of the standard workflow entity? In my example I have added a new (expiry) date attribute on the OrderProduct form. Now I would like to add a workflow rule on that datefield to create a task when the expiry date is nearly reached; but the problem I have is that i can't "reach" the fields on the OrderProduct form to put a workflow rule on? Another problem I have is that I've created an advanced find query in which I query customers who have or...

Modification is not allowed becuse selection is locked.
Microsoft Word won't let me type anything because it says that modification is not allowed becuse selection is locked. What can I do about it? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:56:01 -0700, OrangeCake <OrangeCake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft Word won't let me type anything because it says that modification >is not allowed becuse selection is locked. What can I do about it? If you have a trial version of Office (typically pre-installed on a new computer), it has expired and you'll have to buy a retail copy. Or, if you already have a licensed copy, ma...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Can Work thread get a windows class and manipulate it?
Suppose that I create a work thread when my dialog box started, then in the thread I get the pointer to the dialog mfc class and call updateData method. Does that work? I tried, but failed. Is there any other way to do? thanks!! No, it won't work, don't even waste time trying. It is almost guaranteed to fail. You do not manipulate the windows owned by one thread from a different thread. What you do is PostMessage requests from the worker thread to the main UI thread, usually to the window that contains the controls. The fact that you are using UpdateData already says you are in t...

Subform doesn't work once added to main form
Hi, I've been searching around looking for some help and can't find anyone that has had quite the same problem. I have a main form called 'Sites' and have added a subform called 'Previous Year Flows' into the main form. I do not enter data into this subform. Instead, data on previous years is drawn through from a table called prev yr flows into this subform. When I open the subform on its own it draws through all the necessary data, but when it is embedded within the main form, none of the actual data is pulled through at all, although the linked fields, Site ID and A...

Hi - does anyone know how to view the source code of an email in Outlook 2003? - tia Jam4 ...

is there a way of using a second monitor as a customer display
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_018F_01C86B1D.3EAD2F60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Does anyone know if rms works with 2 monitors. What I mean can you use a second monitor as customer display or something similar. A lot of pos systems out there use a second monitor as customer display, I m not sure if rms supports that option or not but any help would be appreciated. thanks ------=_NextPart_000_018F_01C86B1D.3EAD2F60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-...

Default view of Excel to 75%
Hi I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or a new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default. Do not think this is possible best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Gaurav" <Gaurav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC88B972-EFC6-41CF-82F0-54F6222417BC@microsoft.com... > Hi > I want to set the default view of excel to 75% . When ever I open Excel or > a > new file in Excel the view should be 75% by default. Hi Gaurav Open a new workbook On all sheets set zoom ...

Outlook Folder Security
I have the following Outlook 2002 security questions: Is there a way to assign Outlook Folder Permission via a third party application? We want to let the service desk assign permission to user's calendars without giving them the rights to view the mailbox. We are looking for an application that runs as a service with elevated permission or an outlook profile. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools for tools to help = with this. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsof...

Fast Campaign through eMail-Mass and Word / Wich Security-Role rights?
Hello, i hope i could explain it correct what my problem is. One of our Sales/Marketing guys needs the Security-Role-Right to make Fast-Campaigns through the Assistent and Word. (We use the German version of CRM so i have no clue how these Menu's named in English, so i do straight translate them as i think it fits! ) He right now goes through the Outlook CRM Client into the Marketing Menu, then opens the Marketingslistings and selects a campaign and has on the Top Menu Bar the Fast-Campaign-Button wich opens up the Assistent. He then fills some forms, and comes to the point where he co...

Outlook Level 1 Attachment Security
Hi, How do you disable Outlook 2002 Level 1 Security for attachments. Thanks Gerry Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Gerry" <Kandels@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:077b01c34a03$4eebf630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do you disable Outlook 2002 Level 1 Security for > attachments. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Gerry" <Kandels@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:077b01c34a03$4eebf630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do you disable Outlook 2002 Level...

Scanning Problem no one seems to be able to fix
I have been having this problem trying to scan and acquire these files i have. i get all the way to the public box where the documents are, but at the end of an acquire it says "Error in retrieving thumbnail BMP. internal error occurred. connection lost. please refresh." I've had a couple IT guys in here messing with it and still nothing seems to work. I'm just not sure where to look or begin. any help or ideas would be appreciated greatly. thanks -- Travar1410 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Travar1410's Profile:...

How can I keep the header in view at all times
In Word, a header and footer s always in view when you work in th document. However, I cannot seem to do the same in Excel - any suggestions please. Thanks - M Select a cell below your column header and just right of your ro header, then goto "Window" and select Freeze Panes. HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49759 ...

Custom Report in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have a custom report built up using SSRS. My report project has two rdl files. First Report has some fields with links, on clicking any of the filed will show the details of the field in the second report. When I try to upload the report in CRM 3.0, I find only one RDL file can be uploaded. how do I upload both the files in crm?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik You should able to upload both reports to CRM, when you try to upload the second report, what is the error? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 10:28=A0am, K...

Attachment security in Outlook 2003 #2
I had the same problem. I downloaded DetachOL form the link below and it fixed all my problems. You can choose different levels of security. Hope this helps http://www.mcdev.com/outlook.shtml ...

code for moving to new record in datasheet view
Access 2003 What's the vba code for moving to a new record when in datsheet view. Here's what I've tried but is errors saying the subform is not opened and yet this code is on an event in the subform: If cmbInvLU <> 289 Then DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "Forms!frmWOTRH![frmWOTRL subform].Form", acNewRec Thanks for your help. SAC, Since your already in the subform... try... DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html &quo...

Working with a worksheet that is not the active worksheet
How can I make this code work on my worksheet named February, when it is not the active worksheet? Sub BlankWeeks() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' ' If Range("C184").Value = "" Then Rows("184:228").Hidden = True End If If Range("C184").Value <> "" Then Rows("184:228").Hidden = False End If If Range("C229").Value = "" Then Rows("229:273").Hidden = True End If If Range("C229").Value <> "" The...

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks!
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R5...