Adding the retail price to the purchase order

Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt without
looking up the item in RMS.
0
JackT (70)
9/19/2005 4:12:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jack,

You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.

Good luck,
Matt

"Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
> purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
> populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
without
> looking up the item in RMS.

0
mrocha (144)
9/19/2005 5:43:57 PM
How is that done??

"Matt" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
> > purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
> > populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
> without
> > looking up the item in RMS.

0
JackT (70)
9/19/2005 7:53:01 PM
I cannt see how to add retail price on XML PO format, but everything could be
if cloning a Crystal report.

"Jack T" wrote:

> How is that done??
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to the
> > > purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be able to
> > > populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
> > without
> > > looking up the item in RMS.

0
Jason4159 (666)
9/19/2005 8:37:01 PM
Jack,

The file is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml

There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter those
yet either.  The value you will add is
PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice

Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I would
suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any errors.
It's in XML.

> How is that done??
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know how we might be able to add the retail or sell price to
the
> > > purchase order?  When we receive the goods, it would be nice to be
able to
> > > populate a field like this so the product can be tagged upon receipt
> > without
> > > looking up the item in RMS.

0
mrocha (144)
9/19/2005 8:37:49 PM
Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I basically
put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries section?

"Matt" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> The file is:
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
> Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml
>
> There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter those
> yet either.  The value you will add is
> PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
>
> Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I would
> suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any errors.
> It's in XML.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How is that done??
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > You need to programatically add a column into the PO template.
> > >
> > > Good luck,
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the
> able to
> > > without

0
JackT (70)
9/19/2005 8:55:03 PM
Jack,

You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price value
if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have to
know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy of the
original first, so you can afford to mess up.

> Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I
basically
> put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries section?
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > The file is:
> >
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
> > Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml
> >
> > There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter
those
> > yet either.  The value you will add is
> > PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
> >
> > Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I
would
> > suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any
errors.
> > It's in XML.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How is that done??

> > the
> > able to

0
mrocha (144)
9/19/2005 10:44:31 PM
tahts the best way . . .

we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry with
that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
barcodes the po will show you retail price

"Matt" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price value
> if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have to
> know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy of the
> original first, so you can afford to mess up.
>
> Matt
>
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I
> basically
> > put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries section?
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > The file is:
> > >
> > > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store
> > > Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml
> > >
> > > There are also other PO files, but I don't know if you need to alter
> those
> > > yet either.  The value you will add is
> > > PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
> > >
> > > Take a look and fiddle around with it in the "PO Entries" section.  I
> would
> > > suggest making a copy of the original as a backup if there are any
> errors.
> > > It's in XML.
> > >
> > > Good luck,
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > the
> > > able to
> receipt

0
adnan (24)
9/20/2005 2:26:05 PM
I still have been unable to edit the XML file as it will not let me copy and
paste or even retype in the text you gave me.  I have tried using notepad as
well as double clicking.  I can open the file but cannot edit.  Can you help
me with this?
"Adnan" <Adnan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> tahts the best way . . .
>
> we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry with
> that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
> barcodes the po will show you retail price
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price
value
> > if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have to
> > know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy of
the
> > original first, so you can afford to mess up.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Never worked in XML so this might be a little scary for me... Do I
> > basically
> > > put the value PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice under the PO Entries
section?

> > those

> > would
> > errors.

> > receipt

0
jack2047 (4)
9/20/2005 2:44:10 PM
Jack,

This example will allow you to replace the lookup code with the price
instead.

First, right click the file, copy , then paste a copy of the file in the
same directory.
Then right-click PO.xml again, go to properties, and uncheck Read Only.

In PO.XML replace PurchaseOrder.Entry.LookUpCode with
PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
Also, replace "Lookup Code" with "Item Price" or something similar that
you'd like.

Save the file and then try printing a PO again.  If you're still having
problems, or don't feel confident enough to attempt it, I would suggest
contacting a partner for help.

Good luck,
Matt

"JWT" <jack@mentortv.com> wrote in message
> I still have been unable to edit the XML file as it will not let me copy
and
> paste or even retype in the text you gave me.  I have tried using notepad
as
> well as double clicking.  I can open the file but cannot edit.  Can you
help
> me with this?
> "Adnan" <Adnan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > tahts the best way . . .
> >
> > we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry
with
> > that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
> > barcodes the po will show you retail price
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > You can replace an entry in one column with the purchase order price
> value
> > > if you don't need to use a particular column.  Otherwise, you'll have
> > > know a little XML to get it done.  That's why I suggest making a copy
of
> the
> > > original first, so you can afford to mess up.
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > basically
> section?

> > > those

> > > would
> > > errors.

> price
> to be
> > > receipt

0
mrocha (144)
9/20/2005 3:28:17 PM
Matt,
Thank you for your help.  Got everything to work properly.  I basically
changed Tax% to ItemPrice.  But in order to make the change, I had to
uncheck the Read only property, then I "open with" notepad, made the changes
and saved.  Worked perfectly!  Thanks Again!
Jack
"Matt" <mrocha@camicro.com> wrote in message
> Jack,
>
> This example will allow you to replace the lookup code with the price
> instead.
>
> First, right click the file, copy , then paste a copy of the file in the
> same directory.
> Then right-click PO.xml again, go to properties, and uncheck Read Only.
>
> In PO.XML replace PurchaseOrder.Entry.LookUpCode with
> PurchaseOrder.Entry.ItemPrice
> Also, replace "Lookup Code" with "Item Price" or something similar that
> you'd like.
>
> Save the file and then try printing a PO again.  If you're still having
> problems, or don't feel confident enough to attempt it, I would suggest
> contacting a partner for help.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "JWT" <jack@mentortv.com> wrote in message
> > I still have been unable to edit the XML file as it will not let me copy
> and
> > paste or even retype in the text you gave me.  I have tried using
notepad
> as
> > well as double clicking.  I can open the file but cannot edit.  Can you
> help
> > me with this?
> > "Adnan" <Adnan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > tahts the best way . . .
> > >
> > > we don't need upc barcode in the printed PO so we replaced that entry
> with
> > > that code. thats the easiest way. so every time instead of showing you
> > > barcodes the po will show you retail price

> > value
> of
> > the

> > section?

> alter

> > price
> > to be

0
jack2047 (4)

Purchase Price Variance
We have a large PPV and I think it has to do with the fact that we went from using Standard Cost to Current Cost. Is it possible that items on older purchase orders that were created when we were using std cost are cosing these PPV's? If so, where do I update in the POP10310 to have the items use currect cost (FIFO Perpetual)? Thank you PPV accrued when you work on stadard costing and your purchase price is different. Purcahse order price is not having any impact on costing. However, if your item receipt price and invoice price are different and you did not choose the option to re...

Adding stages to a Sales Process
Hi, I want to add two new stages to a current sales process. Has anyone done this before? Any issues arise with previous opportunties, reporting, etc? Thanks, Sinead. -- Sinead O''''Shaughnessy previous opportunities will not see the new stages ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Sinead" <Sinead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EC75D1E-06C5-4A6E-813D-1B5816DE87B6@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I want to add two new stages to a current sales process. Has anyone done > this bef...

How to have one year value added to another cell
I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? So, A1 02-04-06 auto: B1 02-04-07 Bart Excel 2003 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164983094.802613.212520@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. > How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? > > So, > > A1 02-04-06 > > auto: > B1 02-04-07 > > > Bart >...

Adding sums in rows and columns and colouring cells with conditions
Hi all, I have a long table where i need to add and colour individual cells based on 'days home' and 'days away'. The table is uploaded here https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFqaUNBUzhoMlYzZUE9PQ In order to automate some of this i'd like to automate some, but preferably all aspects of this, such as: 1. automatically colour the cell orange for "home" and yellow for "away" 2. add separately in the home and away columns the number of days for each 3. add the rows for the alternate lines (ie days only, rates only) I want to do this without yet another...

Purchase Receipt posting to closed period
We have a problem with the invoice matching activity in the system in regards to closed G/L periods. For example: - The receiving is done in period 2 (February) - Two weeks later the supplier invoice comes in with a different cost, it is now period 3 (March). Period 2 is now closed The system will flag these transactions and prevent the posting because the period is closed but will "place" them in the master posting with the date from the previous period. So it is smart enough to identify that the period is closed but dumb enough to generate the transactions wi...

Adding text and date problem
I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column 3 I wish to show the text followed by the date. I have tried both Concatenate and & but the the result is text followed by the underlying number representing the date. I cannot seem to format this column to show the date as dd/mm/yy. Any suggestions? Regards ="Today is: "&TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "newman" <aa111@despammed.com> wrote in message news:464C1646.AC6A42E0@despammed.com... |I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column...

adding values of cells
I am trying to use a formula or function that will look at a cells say column A check for a condition, if true, then add the value of another cell that is on the same row to another cell. Yes I know that may be difficult to understand so let me give you an example. A B C D 1 2 dvd 25.23 3 cd 12.25 4 dvd 25.23 5 cd 12.25 6 bat 19.25 ok so what i want to do is look at column A, and look for any cells that have dvd and add the corresponding value from column D to cell B1. So in this case we can see the cell A2 and cell A4 is dvd so I want to add cells D2 and D4 and that...

Adding and subtracting from a column.
I have a stock list with a "quantity" column. What I would like to do is add the new stock to the existing quantity column or subtract requisitioned items from the quantity column. I guess it is a "self totaling" column I need to make. As a separate exercise I would like to make a new column for orders. Insert a quantity on that column for any of the items ( rows) I want to order and then print it out... BUT I only want to print the rows that have quantities in that column ( i.e. the actual items I am ordering ). This column is not linked to the above column. Could an...

Adding items (hours) into invoices
Hello, In my M07 Home and Business, I get an error while entering an invoice as soon as I add hours and press enter. The program says that there's an error: "This operation can not be performed" When I select more help, I get a help page that say:Details Id: obres:34 Bron: 16.0 When I search on this I see that it is an error that's related to homepage settings, but that does not work for me. Any suggestions? Thanks, Eric ...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

Adding 2nd Y-axis to Excel2003 chart
I am making a simple line chart with two types of column data. I want to represent them with separate Y-axes. However, when I select the two columns of data and go through the Chart wizard the secondary Y-axis option is inaccessible. Excel 2003 help is no help as it tells me to go to the Format Menu, click Selected Data Series then click the Axis tab, but there is no such option under my format menu. How do I select the secondary Y-axis option? Hi, The chart wizard does not give you the option to place the selected data on 2 axes. You will have to do it once the chart is cre...

Access Denied error while edit some of the GPOs in Windows 2003 AD
Hi We are unable to edit some of the GPOs (Default Domain Policy, etc) and getting Access Denied error. We checked the permission of SYSVOL folder and found Administrators (Domain), System and Authenticated Users have full control share permissions. Full access has been provided to Administrators, creator owner & System and read & execute permission has been provided to Authenticated users in Security tab. Can anyone help me to resolve the issue and also any doc is available to check the correct permissions with SYSVOL. Thanks in advance for help Regards Lal -...

order enty form
help here is my problem i have a db that tracks orders and i need a form to enter the order number and part number and quantirty. i will need to enter allot of orders at one time so i want to use a comtinuous form to enter the info into the orders table what i want to do is enter the job # and the part number and auto fill the discription and size. i have a part numbert tabel with fields part number, discription size there are too many to use a combo box. i have an order table with fileds job number, part number , discription , qantity, start time end tine, efficentcy, total time , down time, ...

Quantity on Purchase Orders
Is there any way to see the total quantity ordered on a purchase order? The only quantity I can find is the Entries quanitity which is just the number of lines on the PO and doesn't factor in multiple quanitites per line. It would be great to see it on the printed purchase order, but I can't even find it on the screen. Maybe it's just me. -- Kris You could add this to the XML template that creates the PO report but thats about it. Ivan "Kris" <kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D478B1-733B-46FB-92D9-34C327B2E02B@microsoft.com... &g...

Adding a password to a reminder?
This is a family PC which several of us use. Outlook 2002, XP ProSP2. There have been a couple of occasions when one of us have set a reminder in Calendar, but it has popped up when another user is at the machine. Teenagers being what they are, they don't appreciate the importance to someone else, and its been 'dismissed'. The Mum misses a deadline cos no-one reminded her.... I realise the answer to this lies in our helping one another out - and I'm creasonably confident that will happen - but I wonder if as a failsafe I can prevent an item being dismissed in some way...

Closing orders
After we receive and order, we create the invoice with the create invoice button, however the order is still there as "new" or "pending". Is there any way to "close" the order as having been received? (CRM is expecting that you would be integrated to an accounting system) You could write a manual workflow rule to set the order status to Submitted and order status reason to (whatever); you may be able to get the workflow to trigger on something more useful like creating an invoice, but I haven't tried that Peter "Biyoojok" <biyoojok@gmail...

Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?
My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server). We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the detail record SOP10200 for an order. What are the Ramifications of doing this. Ideally I would like to know what all else I need to update to do this. Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can check and acuratly price our orders... Thanks, Allen Allen, This is not a good idea. The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance, inventoy cost...

adding second y axix
I have a chart that looks like this Dates (should be in the Y axis) number ( 1,2 ,3 ect) in the x axis cost (should be the second y axis) using Excel 2002 - Scatter Chart - can this be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com HELP!!! Any one?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Put Numbers in col A Dates in B Cost in C Select A1:C20 (or what ever); make chart Right click the Cost line in chart, open Format Data Series and look for Secondary Axis best wishes Bernard "mmick >" <<mmick.1cog6h@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

adding sales history
I have started working with qsrules in the vb.net enviroment. I am trying to load sales history from another pos system. I found this code on this site and started working with it. It seems to write to the batch tbl but can not seem to get it to work on the transaction tbls. How do i go about tendering this? what is missing? thanks Dim sess As New QSRules.SessionClass Dim cnn As New QSRules.ConnectionInfoClass cnn.RegisterNumber = 1 cnn.Provider = "SQLOLEDB.1" cnn.UserID = "uid" cnn.Password = "pwd" cnn...

Installation Problem
I am installing CRM on a SBS 2003 system. I have been careful, so am surprised to have the following problem. I am at "Add a License Key" on page 139 of Implementation Guide. When starting the Deployment manager, I get "Snap- in failed to initalize". Any ideas?? The only part of the installation so far that might have tricked me was the adding of members to the Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group (page 138). I could not add the server name (MMSBSSERVER) or "localsystem", so I added "Local Service" as a member. Ken; usually when you get ...

Changing the Tab Order
Hi, I'm wondering how do you change the tab order between fields on an input form? All replys are appreciated. Well, you really can't... But you can accomplish the same thing, usually, by changing either the size (1 column or 2) or the positioning of fields. It seems to go down the first column until it finds a field that is two columns wide, or the end of the section. Then, it goes to the top field in the right column, then down that column until the end of the section. So by positioning fields in the section differently, or resizing fields, you can usually get the effect y...

automatic component added to palette
Hi, On computer 'A' I've create a userform in Excel that need additional components than what are installed by default. Till i use my form on the computer 'A', there is not problem, all components are visible. If i open this excel file on computer 'B', the additional components are not displayed on my userform because they are not added to my component palette. Is there an automatic way how to install the additional component on this component palette ? for example, i use a progress bar from MS, or a rich text Box... I do not want to make user to add them m...

Price level change
hey everyone, Is there anyway i change customer pricelevel in status.html. i know we can do it in POS by selecting discount but i know most of the time my cashiers would forget to do it so i am trying to change it in Status.html. thanks for your help, shoby ...