Adding columns to item table

Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in
adding additional columns to tables in the database?  I'm already
using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like
a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon.  I don't need
to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I
just need to be able to access it through SQL queries.
0
tfitts (8)
10/30/2008 5:37:53 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would like to know the same thing. Has anybody done that without problems?

<tfitts@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in
> adding additional columns to tables in the database?  I'm already
> using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like
> a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon.  I don't need
> to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I
> just need to be able to access it through SQL queries.

0
nospam9123 (15)
10/30/2008 8:46:11 PM
On Oct 30, 6:37=A0am, tfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in
> adding additional columns to tables in the database? =A0I'm already
> using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like
> a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon. =A0I don't need
> to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I
> just need to be able to access it through SQL queries.

you can add a custom columns in Item table with this statement

ALTER TABLE [Item]
ADD [ColumnName] NVARCHAR([size]) DEFAULT('') NOT NULL

it's important a DEFAULT value, otherwise the Manager and the HQ
Client can't create new items on database....
in addition, you must add the field on offline databases and hq
databases (or viceversa) because the sync. procedures
get all fields

antonio
0
mazzeo.ant (10)
10/31/2008 12:55:01 PM
Thanks for posting a reply Antonio - having said that, would it make more
sense to create a separate table then join it to the item table ( kind of
like the alias table), since the only purpose is to access the ASIN via
queries?  May need to consider also that future versions of the software may
have an issue with that added column.  Thanks again for sharing your knowledge

"antonio" wrote:

> On Oct 30, 6:37 am, tfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in
> > adding additional columns to tables in the database?  I'm already
> > using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like
> > a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon.  I don't need
> > to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I
> > just need to be able to access it through SQL queries.
>

> you can add a custom columns in Item table with this statement
>
> ALTER TABLE [Item]
> ADD [ColumnName] NVARCHAR([size]) DEFAULT('') NOT NULL
>
> it's important a DEFAULT value, otherwise the Manager and the HQ
> Client can't create new items on database....
> in addition, you must add the field on offline databases and hq
> databases (or viceversa) because the sync. procedures
> get all fields
>
> antonio

0
convoluted (621)
10/31/2008 1:35:00 PM
I agree.
A separate table with the ILC and ASIN as the 2 fields would work for you.

You could query out your combined table and import it into Amazon's item
lister program.

convoluted wrote:
> Thanks for posting a reply Antonio - having said that, would it make more
> sense to create a separate table then join it to the item table ( kind of
> like the alias table), since the only purpose is to access the ASIN via
> queries?  May need to consider also that future versions of the software may
> have an issue with that added column.  Thanks again for sharing your knowledge
>
> "antonio" wrote:
>
>> On Oct 30, 6:37 am, tfi...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in
>>> adding additional columns to tables in the database?  I'm already
>>> using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like
>>> a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon.  I don't need
>>> to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I
>>> just need to be able to access it through SQL queries.
>>
>> you can add a custom columns in Item table with this statement
>>
>> ALTER TABLE [Item]
>> ADD [ColumnName] NVARCHAR([size]) DEFAULT('') NOT NULL
>>
>> it's important a DEFAULT value, otherwise the Manager and the HQ
>> Client can't create new items on database....
>> in addition, you must add the field on offline databases and hq
>> databases (or viceversa) because the sync. procedures
>> get all fields
>>
>> antonio

0
mickie3724 (132)
11/3/2008 5:50:24 PM
On Oct 31, 2:35=A0pm, convoluted <convolu...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for posting a reply Antonio - having said that, would it make more
> sense to create a separatetablethen join it to theitemtable( kind of
> like the aliastable), since the only purpose is to access the ASIN via
> queries? =A0May need to consider also that future versions of the softwar=
e may
> have an issue with that added column. =A0Thanks again for sharing your kn=
owledge

yes, in addition the HQ allow to sync non standard table via
TableSync..

antonio
0
mazzeo.ant (10)

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Transformation of data into columns

Deleted items folder in o2k3
The big boss refuses to empty or archive his deleted items, now holding some 25,000 messages and approaching 3 gigs in size for the deleted items folder alone. Does Outlook treat messages in the deleted items folder any differently than messages in other folders? Would it be better for him to never delete messages since he doesn't really want to delete them? It would be better to not delete them since Deleted Items... is for things you want to get rid of. "Wowbagger" <none> wrote in message news:uKyAPby2GHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The big boss refuses ...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

help with dynamic tables

Querying multiple records in two tables

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

Excel pivot table #2

unique with 2 columns

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

Deleting a Batch from company DB table SY00500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C96F54.F7568BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to see all the TRX in a Batch saved in SY00500. Also, what if we delete a batch in SY00500 will there be any other place = to look for; besides this? I had a batch sitting here for a long time = and there were few (3) trxs ( Sales Credits) in it as well. I wonder if I could retrieve those one by one and then delete them as = well as these belong to a fiscal period which is closed plus we...