Adding a Crystal Report to the RMS reports folder

I can create a Crystal Report for the RMS but when I try to veiw the report I
get a error message.  What are the steps I need to follow to add the report
to RMS so the user can view it
0
richuscav (1)
2/17/2005 2:25:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi..richuscav,

You have to make <reportname>.def file along with <reportname>.rpt file and
put it in CrystalReport directory of store operations. You can have a
reference of dafault DEF files in that directory. If the DEF file is correct
you will get the report in Manager.
I think this subject is already discussed in this forum,,so search for it.

Good luck,
CP.Dinesh
Jumbo Electronics Co.LLC
www.jumbocorp.com

"richuscav" wrote:

> I can create a Crystal Report for the RMS but when I try to veiw the report I
> get a error message.  What are the steps I need to follow to add the report
> to RMS so the user can view it
0
CPDinesh (51)

Problem replicating public folders from 2000 -> 2003 after migration
Hi all We have almost finished migration of our existing Small Business Server 2000 - Exchange Server 2000 (Build 6249.4 SP3) to a new server running Windows Server 2003 (v5.2.3790) and Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise (Build 7226.6 SP1). Migration of mail has completed successfully but we are having a major issue replicating public folders and system information (eg. Offline address book) to the new server. Replication is set up as per microsoft KB article Q307917 and now (several hours later) we are seeing the following under the replication status: Server Name Replication Sta...

Adding custom pages to Windows Control Panel using MFC
Hi, Is there anybody know how to add a custom page to Windows Control Panel using MFC? I found some code on Internet but that was written in Win32 API. Also tried to find the material on MSDN but the content is pretty old (if I am correct) : http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarvc/html/msdn_ntcplapp.asp Thanks. Is this what you're looking for? http://www.codeproject.com/shell/cpl.asp Tom <hugheslin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145355183.002746.18420@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there anybody know how to add a cus...

Trying to get filtered Report based on form combo box
I submitted a question about making a form and combo box act like a parameter query a couple of weeks ago. Someone gave me some help but I still can't get it to work. The combo box is linked to the proper list but when I run the report I am having two problems. 1. THe report is not being filtered like I want. 2. I can't get it to preview, it keeps trying to print. Here is the code I have (minus all of the variations I have tried): On Error GoTo Err_CmdRunRpt_Click DoCmd.OpenReport "RptProgramInventory", , , "[ModelNo] = '" & Me.ProgramCombo &...

Public Folder migration recommendations
Hey guys, I took over an exchange site that is currently running Exchange 5.5, 2000 and now 2003. What I would like to is migrate and consolidate all the public folders over to the 2003 Exchange server. The problem is that replication doesn't seem to be happening all that well between the 5.5 and 2000 exchange servers. I ran the pfmigrate util. There are 2 exchange 5.5 servers. One has around 2100 public folders, the 2nd exchange 5.5 server has around 1910, and the exchange 2000 server has around 2300 public folders. Obviously not all the servers know about all of the public folde...

folder browsing
vb.net I want to use a system dialog to return the path to a folder the user selects. I need the ability set the default folder and create a folder too. It would also be helpful from a less clicks stand point if the default folder could be expanded so the user doesn't have to. I found FolderBrowserDialog which does what I want except for a few things. It does not expand the default folder which is a problem because if the user creates a folder, a new folder is created named "New Folder" beneath the default folder but since the default folder is collapsed, the ...

Hierarchical Reports
Hello, I was wondering is anyone had attempted to create reports that are based on the designated hierarchy in CRM. For example, accounts and opportunities can have parent accounts and opportuinities. Even at the company levels, parent/children associations can be made. If anyone has done any work with this type of information, from CRM or other systems, I would be interested in learning the best way to work with the data, especially as it relates to links to individual activites and the ability to rollup values when possible links to not exist at a higher level. Thanks in advance, Rodney G...

Reports by date
I'm trying to get reports based on a user input date. I don't want all the records in the database just the entries from a certain date and newer. Could someone please help? Thanks ...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

RMS needs to add an Import Utility to the program
I think I speak for alot of people here. RMS should add an import Utility to the program. Every body needs to import some type of file from time to time. You pay enoght money for this and they know from the start that you will be importing data from your old POS system. Or like in my case, every year I have new items or a new supplier. and for me to get an Add in that may or maynot work is not good enoght. Jose -- Reynold Cycle I agree totally but, for me, the main attraction of RMS over similar solutions was the open SQL Server database and the ability to customise. You can downlo...

Mailboxes that are not AD users
Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD user? Thanks The general answer is no but what wouls you like to do in the first place? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only "Ron" <ron@nospam.com> wrote in message news:137a001c443d4$5c29af60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD ...

Bulleted lines in report
I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a field on a report. I am using Access 2007. I can find the buttons in the ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active. I have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to 15. When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it. Any help would be great. Thanks Mark I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb ;-) -- Duane Ho...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

Outlook System Folders
Does anyone know how i can rename the Contacts folder in Outlook 2000 without having to re-install office. This is a system folder and it will not allow you to rename or delete it. ...

Pivot report without the drop downs
I created my Excel 2007 Pivot table with the data I need. Now, I want to remove the Report Filter Drop Down showing lot more information than my peers or superiors need to see or even try to view. The same is true for the Rows Labels and Column Labels with the drop down. I figured out how to remove the plus signs by using the "Show/Hide" on the Options on the Ribbon. I tried the copy and paste but for some reason I can only do .txt or object. There is no paste special. Then the format is not the same. Do anyone have an answer for this problem? Thanks a million, Ty ...

Printing reports #3
Money Ess. How do I print a report for gross pay, or net pay,or some form of income . I look at help page and it say"s to go to commen task to pick this task ,But it"s not available . ...

Make Reporting Easier to customize
In future updates it would make life much easier if all the tools you needed to customize reports came with the CRM software. I am trying to do customization of reports and so far have had to buy a license for VB.net and the reporting still is not up and running yet. Even if you included a stripped down version of the business intelligence reports within CRM it would make a world of difference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 Public Folders to 2003
I have a small network on NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 that we've decided to replace with Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. We want to use all new hardware so we'll be starting with a fresh 2003 server with no need to connect to the old NT 4.0 server except for transferring data files. I'd like to install a standalone Exchange 2003 and then move the mailboxes (there are only 10) via PST files manually and was hoping I could do the same with the public folders that we use. Although I can move these in PST files the custom forms do not seem to retained so that when I add them to the new 200...

Screen or print option while printing report
Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the report option ( Screen or Print ) -- Regards Santosh ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8c0c7c3b...

Can Public Folders mirror Network Folders?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C62100.FBA32ED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all! A question - we like using Exchange Public Folders. We use several = network folders to store files that project team members are working on. = Can we mirror the contents of these project folders in Exchange Public = Folders? We would like the convenience of accessing these files from = Outlook, and not having to open Windows Explorer. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks! Regards, CQ ...

RMS Add-on Tag-along
Wondering if there is an Add-on somewhere that expands the tag-along function. Used to work with a pos software that would let the cashier pick items from a predetermined list or range. It functioned a lot like tag-along does in RMS, but it let the cashier choose from a list of items. Example: ring in a bird cage kit choose from a list of different colored cages choose from a list of different toys 3# bird seed tags along choose from a list of different treats anyone see anything similiar to this? thanks What you could do is make a lot matrix item the tag-along and have the lot mat...

Excel can't SAVE added data & formatting?
Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. What gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit issue? Sheet less than 1000 rows, but many formats ... Thanks ... Kha "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

how to filter 'check boxes' in crystal/.def reports
I have a client that needs to filter out the inactive inventroy items from a Crystal report. I can add the right field to the .def file so that the Active/inactive becomes an option to filter on, but what's the right 'answer' to the field. inactive = 1 inactive = yes etc.?? Is it even possible to filter on these types of table columns using the Crystal reports format? Here is my inactive field added as a criteria option along with a working store id option: FIELD = STORE ID (internal), {itemdynamic.storeID}, 0, 0, -1, 0 FIELD = Active/inactive, ...

adding times
please help, i need to add times greater than 9999:59 on my laptop running xp on a spreadsheet ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Times in XL are stored as Fractional days (i.e., 03:00 = 0.125). So you can continue to add times >9999:59, but you can't display them in time format. You can get a decimal format by multiplying by 24, e.g.: A1: 9999:30 A2: 1:45 A3: =(A1 + A2) * 24 ===> 10001.25 Or you could display the colon forma...

Error messege when I open or right click on a folder in public folders, ID no: c1030af0
Hi I've recently added another nic and ip-adr. to my exchange 2003 server. And after this new hardware and ip.adr Ive got a problem whith public folders. When I look at the properties on a subfolder in public folders with exchange system manager I'll get the following error: Exchange System Manager The operation failed due to an invalid fomat in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. ID no: c1030af0 Exchange System Manager I'm not sure how the host headers should look like for the virtual server. Any suggestion? Thanks in advanc...

no selections in report manager
I did all required in installation and when the Report Manager comes up I get no options either under "view or scenario", All I see is "none". No selection in the drop down for any of the 6 out of 20 columns I want to print. Is my Report Manager corrupted? I just d/l it today from the MS site. Running Excel 2002. You'll only see items in those dropdowns if you've created some Custom Views (View>Custom) or Scenarios (Tools>Scenarios). Otherwise, you can select a sheet, and add it to the report that you're creating. user@domain.invalid wrote: > I d...