Add Buy X Get Y Functionality to define which is x and y

If you use Buy X get Y for Z in RMS 2.0, you can not define which is x and
which is y.  All you can do is assign the discount to both items and the
discount is taken on whichever item is entered last.  So, if you want to set
up where a customer buys a $20 T-Shirt then they get a pair of $2 socks for
free;  if the cashier rings up the shirt first, then the socks, it works
perfectly.  However, if the cashier rings up the $2 socks first then they get
the $20 T-Shirt for free!  There needs to be a way to define that X is the
T-Shirt and Y is the Socks.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=417ab1a6-1d93-43f3-a506-475ec98a9b43&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Clark (30)
4/13/2007 8:02:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

YES the discount structure assumes like products in terms of price and cost.
If you want more sophesticated discount scheme we have an advanced Promotion
Module.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = =
"Clark" <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you use Buy X get Y for Z in RMS 2.0, you can not define which is x and
> which is y.  All you can do is assign the discount to both items and the
> discount is taken on whichever item is entered last.  So, if you want to
> set
> up where a customer buys a $20 T-Shirt then they get a pair of $2 socks
> for
> free;  if the cashier rings up the shirt first, then the socks, it works
> perfectly.  However, if the cashier rings up the $2 socks first then they
> get
> the $20 T-Shirt for free!  There needs to be a way to define that X is the
> T-Shirt and Y is the Socks.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=417ab1a6-1d93-43f3-a506-475ec98a9b43&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
afshin (783)

How can I add my own data marker
I have a chart that I need to have the Data Marker display a $ as opposed to the triangles and squares currently available. Is this possible? Hi, You can find information here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "JANeyer" <JANeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BFF3A2-C600-451D-A37A-F2F2B3FF3786@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I need to have the Data Marker display a $ as opposed >to > the triangles and squares currently available. Is t...

How do add columns showing dob and years to work to give a retire.
I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? Many thanks Claire Hi something like =DATE(YEAR(A1)+50,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Claire Le Monnier" <ClaireLeMonnier@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8F892F61-F652-4177-A0C0-F25899C11CFA@microsoft.com... > I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they > retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? > Many than...

look up tables and getting rid of the #N/A
When you do not have information for a cell how do you get it to leave the cell blank or return a zero as opposed to the #N/A Typically, you would pre-test for the item to find.... Here are a couple ways: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("find_me",A1:A10,0)),VLOOKUP("find_me",A1:C10,3,0),"") or =IF(COUNTIF("find_me",A1:A10),VLOOKUP("find_me",A1:C10,3,0),"") Is that something you can work with? Regards, Ron Coderre Microsoft MVP (Excel) "smiley61799" <smiley61799@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2154B71-3BBB-...

keep getting prompted to "set up show" in powerpoint
If I hit F5, the slide show starts but I can only advance thru the slides but clicking the opaque forward/backward arrows (in the lower left corner of the presentation) with the mouse. If I hit SHFT-F5 or click on the small shortcut icon to start the show, then I keep getting prompted to "set up show" (instead of just starting the slide show) and if I just click "OK", I still can only use the opaque arrows to navigate thru. I checked and the presentation is NOT in Kiosk mode. I wonder if you have presenter view or something enabled. What happens if you go ...

external (not remote) data ranges using defined names
I have created a Source file containing information that I want to access from multiple Destination files. From time to time I will need to add rows or columns to the Source file and have this reflected in the Destination workbooks. I am using Validation lists and Defined names to do this and it works OK. As long as the two workbooks are open any changes to the Source file are reflected in the Destination file. But if the Destination is closed while the Source file is being changed, when the Destination is open the reference in the Defined Name has not changed even if the program ask...

in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet?
in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet? Hi Daniel, Try something like: Dim WB As Workbook Dim WS As Worksheet Set WB = ActiveWorkbook With WB .Sheets("Mysheet").Copy Before:=.Sheets(1) End With Set WS = ActiveSheet --- Regards, Norman "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OdVZVvmgFHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference > to > th...

adding to Add/Remove Programs
How do I add my software to the list of items in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? Thank you. Hello, Take a look at this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall -- Elias <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:248cb1cb87443eef7912303218af9081@news.scbiz.com... > How do I add my software to the list of items in the > Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel? > > Thank you. Well, you should have a key with your application's name in the Windows registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

how do I get the FROM field to not show
I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. when she starts a new email she has: From: To: CC: Subject: How do I get rid of the "From:" field? She has no idea how she turned it on and I can't see how to turn it off.... Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin" <me@mydomain.com> wrote in message news:elzCUTEpKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. > when she starts a new email she has: > From: > To: > CC: > Subject: > > How do I get rid of the "From:" field? If...

My Live Meeting outlook add-in does not show up.
I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason it does not show up. Not sure what is going on? -- Chandana Hathi HArd to help without know what version of Outlook and what version of Windows. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Chandana_MS asked: | I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason | it does not show up. Not sure what is goin...

Add fields of Scroll window in VBA ?
Hi, I am able to add other fields in form but I am unable to add fields of scrolling window in VBA. Thanks in advance -- Aditya While I'm happy you have things solved, I don't believe what you have below is the correct solution. You should be able to add any fields of any scrolling window to your project. I'm darn sure that is the case because I've used VBA to pull values from lookup windows before and those are of course browse only. My only note for scrolling windows is you have to make sure the window is "filled" before you try to add it to vba. ...

How to get one field to update based on a selection from a drop do
New to Access. I want to create a form that coworkers can use to lookup information in a database for inputting data into a PO as well as submit new records into the database. I want to have a control that is a combo drop down box where the can select a row from a list of items in a specified field and based on that selection it will update the below text box control with the corresponding data in the field next to it on the database. Make sense? Basically need to figure out how to update one control based on data selected from the drop down box control above it??? Private Sub...

Wait function which allows other Excel action
I am loading two excel workbooks. I want to run a macro from the first workbook, but I don't want to complete the macro code until the other workbook has finished loading I am restricted from placing macros in the 2nd workbook. Is there some type of wait function which can allow loading of the 2nd workbook while the wait is in progress? Thanks, john G. "John Gilchrist" <tremont-tech@worldnet.att.net> wrote... >I am loading two excel workbooks. >I want to run a macro from the first workbook, but I don't want to complete >the macro code until the other work...

how do I get navigation buttons to turn pages for a book
I have a book that I created, 2 page view. I want to convert the publication to a form that can be viewed in web form with navigation buttons at the bottom to turn the pages. After I converted to a web publication, I inserted navigation buttons, but it shows buttons for every page. I want it to show next and last buttons only. How can I get this done. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you. ...

How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access?
How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access? In report design view, show the Sorting and Grouping dialog (View menu.) Click the "record selector" at the left of the field where you want a row above. Tap the Insert key. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "latwood" <latwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D49F7C44-8E44-4547-811C-ABC492917A75@microsoft.com... > How do I add a grouping level ...

Getting Data from Excel Graph onto New Speadsheet
I am trying to get the information that I have plotted, on a scatted graph, off onto the second sheet an splitting the information. I'm not too sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I am hoping that someone can help? The original data that is on the graph is in 3 columns. One has the company name, one is the current value and one is the predicted value. I need this info to come off the graph or from the original data in 2 fields. Customer and predicted value, but they need to be prioritized. 1 needs to be the one with the lowest current and highest potential. 2 needs...

Formula to calculate and add tax
I am creating a simple (I thought) pricing guide and I am running int the circular reference problem. Here's what I want to do. I want t enter a price in a cell and have the tax automatically calculated an the total price returned to the cell. I know I can create an entirel new set of cells just to contain the price and the tax rate then hav that result displayed in the desired cell. But, I wondered if it i possible to enter the price directly into the cell. For example: In A1 A2 A3 I want to be able to enter the price before tax an then have the tax calculated and the total displa...

Add something to "To:" message field
Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to add organisation name before the sender's name (to distinguish different organisations)? The only way I found so far is changing users name in Active Directory and this is (for me :-) not preferred way as I have to change all 500 mailboxes' names :-( Any hints? On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:49:10 -0800, Jiri Kopacek <JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to >add organisation name before the sender's name (to d...

Add Value to the Chart
I have a chart done from the table shown below. However, I want to put the value (date) in addition of the values (X) and (Y) axis. So far, I have been doing it manually. I wonder if there is any way to it automatically. Thanks in advance. Maperalia. Date "X" "Y" 6/21/2005 0 0 7/6/2005 147 0.008 7/18/2005 197 0.012 8/5/2005 255 0.016 8/18/2005 289 0.016 9/8/2005 337 0.006 9/19/2005 360 0.017 How would you like the date to appear? As a data label on each point? then use one of these handy data labeling add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart ...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

How do I add a search function?
Hi everyone, ('scuse my English please I'm still learning) I'm not to good at Excel and I'm working on our mock assignment at the moment what I wanted to know is that how can I search from all the informatio that I have stored. I've made a form and I'm going to add macro wic will make it store the information on a let's say sheet3 which i hidden, I also want to add a sheet called Search which will allow me t search for what I type in the field for example by name, or parce number.. etc.. Or do I have to use Lookup formula for that? I'm lost! don't know if ...

Getting a timeout when saving activities
When anybody tries to save an Activity, we get a timeout error. This worked fine until a couple of days ago and I do not think anything has changed. i can create an account just fine. Anybody experience this? I am at a loss. The error in the event log shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Timeout expired Error Message: Timeout expired Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Tra...

Lookup function 02-14-10
I have excel 2003. I did a vlookup for my transcripts page. In the first vlookup i needed it to look for the letter grade and give me the gradepoint average. Now in the other cell i need it to look for the grade. In the cell that gives the gradepoint average it has a formula in their already. Can i still do a vlookup if the cell that has the information has a formula in it already. Example. The cell that has the formula adds all the grades from each class and gives me an accumluated gradepoint average for the ten classes taken. Now that gradepoint average I want a letter ...

How to import custom toolbars from Office X to 2004?