ActiveX component can't create object

I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0.  I can start administraion connect to  my data
base, run mananager and input informtaion.  When I started POS activated my
KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create object....I
think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get
around it...???
--
Graham
0

Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes
that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files.
--
Jocelyn

"Graham" wrote:

> I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0.  I can start administraion connect to  my data
> base, run mananager and input informtaion.  When I started POS activated my
> KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create object....I
> think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get
> around it...???
> --
> Graham
0
jocelynp (229)
2/26/2007 3:50:55 PM
How is reregistering accomplished. I just started getting this error also,
but on 1.3 HQ and SO.

"jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes
> that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files.
> --
> Jocelyn
>

> "Graham" wrote:
>
>> I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0.  I can start administraion connect to  my
>> data
>> base, run mananager and input informtaion.  When I started POS activated
>> my
>> KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create
>> object....I
>> think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get
>> around it...???
>> --
>> Graham

I also started having this problem this past week. I suspect that a recent
Windows XP software update is the culprit...particularly since several people
are posting with this problem now.

Do a search on "ActiveX" and another thread comes up titled "HQ Client
Runtime Error 429". Jeff @ Check Point Software offers a link to the .dll
solution. I've tried re-registering my .dll files and two of the ones listed
in the solution are not found. I'm still getting the error message.

Anyone have additional pieces the puzzle??

thanks,
Juli

"Jason" wrote:

> How is reregistering accomplished. I just started getting this error also,
> but on 1.3 HQ and SO.
>

> "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes
> > that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files.
> > --
> > Jocelyn
> >

> > "Graham" wrote:
> >
> >> I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0.  I can start administraion connect to  my
> >> data
> >> base, run mananager and input informtaion.  When I started POS activated
> >> my
> >> KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create
> >> object....I
> >> think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get
> >> around it...???
> >> --
> >> Graham

0
Juli (38)
4/16/2007 12:22:02 AM
I figured it out. I found the missing dll files but reregistering them didn't
help. So, I searched Knowlegebase and found an article on how to repair RMS.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYMVNOPSRZPMSKTRZXRSTWSLSQOQXRTQYR

Worked like a charm.

"Jason" wrote:

> How is reregistering accomplished. I just started getting this error also,
> but on 1.3 HQ and SO.
>

> "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes
> > that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files.
> > --
> > Jocelyn
> >

> > "Graham" wrote:
> >
> >> I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0.  I can start administraion connect to  my
> >> data
> >> base, run mananager and input informtaion.  When I started POS activated
> >> my
> >> KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create
> >> object....I
> >> think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get
> >> around it...???
> >> --
> >> Graham

0
Juli (38)
4/16/2007 1:54:01 AM
Thanks for posting that - I have run into that problem twice in the past.

Marc

"Juli" <Juli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I figured it out. I found the missing dll files but reregistering them
>didn't
> help. So, I searched Knowlegebase and found an article on how to repair
> RMS.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYMVNOPSRZPMSKTRZXRSTWSLSQOQXRTQYR
>
> Worked like a charm.
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> How is reregistering accomplished. I just started getting this error
>> also,
>> but on 1.3 HQ and SO.
>>

>> "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but
>> > sometimes
>> > that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files.
>> > --
>> > Jocelyn

0
marcr (93)
4/16/2007 2:14:00 AM
I tried re-installing twice, re-installing xp sp2, system restore, all didn't
work.
You'll notice that windows update doesn't work either.
What fixed problem was running regsv32 MSXML3.DLL, to fix running windows
update. Fixed MS RMS error also.

"Graham" wrote:

> I HAVE JUST INSTALLED rms 2.0.  I can start administraion connect to  my data
> base, run mananager and input informtaion.  When I started POS activated my
> KEY then I get the error code.....ActiveX component can't create object....I
> think it has something to do with running IE 7??? but not sure how to get
> around it...???
> --
> Graham
0
gopher (3)
11/8/2007 11:29:02 PM
Can some one help my i tried to follow this post but i can folow the link i
have this activex error i need some help please
--
Thanks
Ian

"Juli" wrote:

> I figured it out. I found the missing dll files but reregistering them didn't
> help. So, I searched Knowlegebase and found an article on how to repair RMS.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYMVNOPSRZPMSKTRZXRSTWSLSQOQXRTQYR
>
> Worked like a charm.
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
> > How is reregistering accomplished. I just started getting this error also,
> > but on 1.3 HQ and SO.
> >

> > "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Have you rebooted since your install. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes
> > > that helps. Otherwise, you will have to reregister your .dll files.
> > > --
> > > Jocelyn

0
IanYorke (33)
4/1/2009 6:05:01 PM
ALL-

If you are getting this error and none of the above has worked for you then
try the following.

If you have installed OPOS drivers and during the install have the option to
install as CCO, do that and it should fix the problem.  The error comes from
a conflict with CCO (common control objects) and when you choose to install
those it will overwrite anything that was previously installed, thus fixing
the problem.  Let me know if you have questions about this.
0
Andrew3569 (322)
5/13/2009 9:25:01 PM
Hi Andrew, I installed Monroe controls after I had already installed Epson
OPOS, then I started getting the activex errors, so I uninstalled and removed
monroe controls and then uninstalled epson opos and installed 1.64e using
CCO- I added my printer and drawer back in Epson OPOS but I still get the
active x errors

"Andrew" wrote:

> ALL-
>
> If you are getting this error and none of the above has worked for you then
> try the following.
>
> If you have installed OPOS drivers and during the install have the option to
> install as CCO, do that and it should fix the problem.  The error comes from
> a conflict with CCO (common control objects) and when you choose to install
> those it will overwrite anything that was previously installed, thus fixing
> the problem.  Let me know if you have questions about this.
0
PricePlus (1)
10/11/2009 12:18:01 AM
try a RMS installation repair in add/remove programs.

"Price Plus" <PricePlus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Andrew, I installed Monroe controls after I had already installed Epson
> OPOS, then I started getting the activex errors, so I uninstalled and
> removed
> monroe controls and then uninstalled epson opos and installed 1.64e using
> CCO- I added my printer and drawer back in Epson OPOS but I still get the
> active x errors
>
> "Andrew" wrote:
>
>> ALL-
>>
>> If you are getting this error and none of the above has worked for you
>> then
>> try the following.
>>
>> If you have installed OPOS drivers and during the install have the option
>> install as CCO, do that and it should fix the problem.  The error comes
>> from
>> a conflict with CCO (common control objects) and when you choose to
>> install
>> those it will overwrite anything that was previously installed, thus
>> fixing
>> the problem.  Let me know if you have questions about this.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/11/2009 7:29:51 PM
I am getting an ActiveX error "runtime error 3711 operation cannot be
performed while executing asynchronously." I did some reading and so far all
i know is an ADO error i am running RMS 2.0 with the updates for XP SP3 as
that is the OS that it is on.

"root" wrote:

> try a RMS installation repair in add/remove programs.
>

> "Price Plus" <PricePlus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Andrew, I installed Monroe controls after I had already installed Epson
> > OPOS, then I started getting the activex errors, so I uninstalled and
> > removed
> > monroe controls and then uninstalled epson opos and installed 1.64e using
> > CCO- I added my printer and drawer back in Epson OPOS but I still get the
> > active x errors
> >
> > "Andrew" wrote:
> >
> >> ALL-
> >>
> >> If you are getting this error and none of the above has worked for you
> >> then
> >> try the following.
> >>
> >> If you have installed OPOS drivers and during the install have the option
> >> install as CCO, do that and it should fix the problem.  The error comes
> >> from
> >> a conflict with CCO (common control objects) and when you choose to
> >> install
> >> those it will overwrite anything that was previously installed, thus
> >> fixing
> >> the problem.  Let me know if you have questions about this.

0
Andaiye (27)
11/9/2009 3:39:01 PM

"Ian Yorke" wrote:

> Can some one help my i tried to follow this post but i can folow the link i
> have this activex error i need some help please
> --
> Thanks
> Ian

I'm having the same trouble with a new install.  Tried all the solutions
listed in this thread.  Did anynone solve this issue?

> "Juli" wrote:
>
> > I figured it out. I found the missing dll files but reregistering them didn't
> > help. So, I searched Knowlegebase and found an article on how to repair RMS.
> >
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYMVNOPSRZPMSKTRZXRSTWSLSQOQXRTQYR
> >
> > Worked like a charm.
> >
> > "Jason" wrote:
> >
> > > How is reregistering accomplished. I just started getting this error also,
> > > but on 1.3 HQ and SO.
> > >

> > > "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Resize ActiveX control
Dear Sirs, I've created a class inherited from CDialog containing one Internet Explorer ActiveX control. Even if the dialog is resizable I've fixed its size on opening event to a defined percentage of screen resolution, in order not to let 'get out' of a screen using minor resolution. There's a problem when a link that creates a fixed dimension popup window is activated: I can't resize ActiveX control. Only when dragging window's lower right corner, in the refresh everything starts to work fine again, because in OnSize() I resize the control based on dialog CRect. I...

Create a reusable series of scheduled tasks
When an employee leaves our company, there are a number of things that need to happen, some of which occur on a timeline. For example, they give notice. On the morning of their last day, I disable their alarm code..during the day I setup changes to voicemail and email processing...at end of day I flip the switch on the voicemail and email changes and disable/change usernames/passwords for various systems...at one month I delete their mailbox...etc, etc, you get the idea. I'd like a way to create a workflow or a series of reminders, tasks, whatever...so when, for example, an emplo...

I need to create a two part formula
The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople =IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to add one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of this formula need to be 0 as well. I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me. Thanks! Something like: =IF(C4=0,0,H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0))))) Regards, Fred "DMW" <DMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F81AAD9-C057-4504-8B01-8C1786BF0DD4@microsoft.com... > The formula below wi...

I created a custom template but the background will not print?
I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it is not there. What do I need to do? Excel doesn't print backgrounds, insert the image into a custom header instead. jaguilar wrote: > I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, > but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it > is not there. What do I need to do? As Bob I points out, regular Format>Sheet>Backgrounds do not print out. You ha...

what would be the correct NG to look for info on creating RULES via programming?
I have posted several times to this group, but I got no response. Is this the correct NG for this? I need to create a rule (or modify an existing rule by adding new email addresses for it to look for) How can I get the info for doing this? Thanks Bruce If you're looking to do it programmatically, try posting to m.p.outlook.program_vba. Also review the way you're asking the question. Maybe no one understands what you mean. I don't remember the posts, so I can not say if I understood or not. Ray at work "BruceJ" <oe*NOSPAM*@connecting4income.com> wrote in mes...

Creating New Account in Money 2005; How to Reinstall Money 2005
I am unable to create a new account in Money 2005 Premium. Whenever I try to download the list of accounts, I am told that the list is currently unavailable and to try again. I have disabled Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security; unfortunately, that also didn't help. It appears that quote download work. Any help would be appreciated. I'd also like to know how to reinstall Money 2005 once the software has been purchased and downloaded through the Microsoft website. I never received a purchase confirmation and can't find any information on Microsoft's website ...

How to create Conditional Formats that "grow" with copy/fill down.
I would like to set up 1 conditional format that will grow as I copy & paste. All I've been able to do is copy the same over & over. I have tried to "paste special - format", but it didn't work. Example: Cell value is: equal to, $F$8, then Font is White. I would like to grow the "$F$8" as I copy & paste. Thanks for ANY help. Try a formula like =A1=$F$8:F8 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "AliceNXLand" <AliceNXLand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70AD36AA-FAF1-49E3-8BCF-...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Overriding serialization of an object derived from CollectionBase
Hi All, Some of you may have encountered complications when trying to serialize an object derived from CollectionBase (implementing ICollection or IEnumerable). Specifically, the XmlSerializer (as it is) won't allow you to treat an ICollection (or IEnumerable) object as the root node without using XmlAttributeOverides or sending in a new root attribute with the serializer. This isn't really a big deal because it is fairly simple to send in a new root attribute (or override) within the constructor of the XmlSerializer. The problem is, if your collection has any public properties or f...

Outlook 2002 unable to invoke JPG object in public folder with Adobe Photoshop
Outlook 2002 SP2 on XP SP1 JPG files stored in Exchange 2000 public folders are opened with Microsoft Photo Editor despite of installed Adobe Photoshop on the client system. Opening same JPG files outside of Outlook e.g. Explorer does invoke Adobe Photoshop, and Explorer's Folder Options does have correct file type JPG with Adobe Photoshop as application. Icon mapping inside public folder is not shown with Adobe Photoshop icon, though However, JPG attachment in email is opened correctly with Adobe Photoshop. Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 do not experience this problem Thanks for...

Creating a Price Book
We have the need to publish price books for our distributors. Is there a simple way to create price books? -- Robert Blanchet ...

How do I create an 11 X 17 document in Word?
I am trying to create an 11X17" document in Word and I get a message that my margins don't fit. When I go to print preview about 1/3 of the document isn't showing. The same thing happens in Publisher. What am I doing wrong? I'll bet your printer can't handle an 11 x 17 sheet of paper. You need drivers for one that does. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "A vexed teacher" <A vexed teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E978CF3-208B-4174-B83A-A2469D5241CE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an 11X17" document ...

Is there an easy way to create automation in a graph?
I am trying to have information within my graphs update automatically. Currently i am using an "offset" function that will create some sort of automation but i was wondering if anyone knew of a more efficient less time consuming method. Thanks If you are using Excel 2003, put you data in a List. A chart made from such data automatically updates. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Duser" <Duser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C68974-E8F5-4566-BA84-F8EB673E5779@microsoft.com... >I am tryin...

Can I create "script with a tail" with Publisher
I am trying to create a baseball logo using "script with a tail". You can see examples of this with the Los Angles Dodgers or Baltimore Orioles logos. Can I accomplish this with MS Publisher? If I were doing a project like that, I'd use a graphics program such as Photoshop Elements. (Yes, I'm biased because I own that program and really like its capabilities.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Art Taylor" <Art Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30A889CF-EE61-4A52-8B23-88AAD379CDAB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to cre...

Office SP 2 Installation Creates Warning in Outlook
I installed Office SP 2. Now when I create a new message in "Outlook", I receive a warning , "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpercted, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"." I am allowed the option with a check box to allow access for a time period from a drop down list. Buttons are YES, NO and Help. I click No and my Contact list appears. When I click Help, the following is presented: A program is trying to access your Address Book A program is trying to access ...

Macro to create pivotchart problems
Put together a quick macro to assemble a pivotchart, nothing fancy just ran through it recording and tried to run it on the same data afterwards, and have come upon this error: Run-time error '1004': Unable to get the PivotFields property of the pivottable class When I go to debug, the error is occurring at the asterisked line: Cells.Select ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "'Check results'!C1:C5").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="", TableName:= _ "PivotTable1", Def...

how do I create "blink" conditional formatting?
how do I create "blink" conditional formatting? Hi You can't, you need VBA for that. See this link: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx HTH John "OM PRAKASH" <OM PRAKASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B83FD6E8-F264-41F8-B179-E5DBF6865872@microsoft.com... > how do I create "blink" conditional formatting? ...

difficult parent window problem in CDialog::Create / ::AfxGetMainWnd
I am creating two modeless dialogs which are first not displayed. In the constructor of the dialogs I call CDialog::Create(IDD,pParent). When I create the dialogs, I don't have any parent window, because I first only store data there, so I supply NULL as parent window. Later I'll show one of the two dialogs using ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). In a new instance I'm doing the same again (create two dialogs, NULL as parent). Then I show one of them. The problem is now that when the first active window closes, then the window of the new instance also closes. As I found out, CDialo...

Create a duplicate record
I use a form to input the data into the table. From time to time, I need to create a duplicate record from previous records or just completed new record. I saw the previous articles here but most of them to copy the last record to a new record. However, I need to highlight the desired record and copy to a new record. Any guidance and example are appreciated. Thanks, Scott Here's one that lets you duplicate the record in a form, as well as any related records in the subform: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html Just ignore the part about the subform, and use the rest. -- ...

automatically create chart upon selecting
I have a spreadsheet containing about 50 different financial ratios for 2002 thru the current month. I want to be able to click on the name of the ratio and have a chart automatically generate using all historical data thru the current month, thus including each month as it is added. Does anyone have any suggestions? On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:43:30 -0800, Jason <jason.loesch@zinpro.com> wrot= e: > I have a spreadsheet containing about 50 different > financial ratios for 2002 thru the current month. I want > to be able to click on the name of the ratio and have a > char...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

Hello, I have some code which simply reads a RSS with the XmlTextReader and XmlDocument. Unfortunaly I get the error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Here is my simple code: private function CheckRSS(byval strRSS as string) Dim reader as new XmlTextReader(strRSS) Dim xmlDoc as XmlDocument Try xmlDoc.Load(reader) Catch ex As Exception Response.Write("ERR in Rss File:" & strRSS & "<br>") Response.Write("Err: RSS File:" & ex.Message & "...

Object Linking & embedding error
An .xls attachment give the 'cannot use object linking & embedding error' The file fails to open and appears on screen for just a second. Any ideas! where the problem is! Sunil I' ve run into the same error, and am to the point that its time to throw this piece out the window. Has a solution for this problem been found? OS. win 2000 pro. PG. Office 2000 error. cannot open object linking and enbedding. I had the same error on another PC and was able to re-install the pg. and it stopped. Go figure.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted...

How to create a random number between a range?
I need to generate random whole numbers between the range of 21 and 90. I started with this: =rand()*90 with the cells formatted to zero decimal places. how do I limit the lower number? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance dave =RAND()*(b-a)+a taken from the Excel help file. So in your case RAND()*(90-21)+21. If you want integers only then =INT(RAND()*(90-21)+21 In Excel 2007, = RANDBETWEEN(21,90) Tyro "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:56FD1420-58DC-4385-A784-C9964269B8F3@microsoft.com... >I need to generate random whole numbers...

how to create a pie chart? what's the formula?
I have results of a 5 point lickert scale that I want to chart out using only 3 groupings how can i make a pie chart? thnx On Apr 21, 3:55=A0am, Kathleen O <Kathle...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have results of =A0a 5 point lickert scale that I want to chart =A0out = =A0using > only =A03 groupings > how can i make a pie chart? > > thnx Just select the data and from Chart Wizard select pie chart ...your chart will be automotically built ...