Abillity to decrement "packages" in Microsoft RMS

I have a potential doggy day care client who would like to be able to sell
packages. For example- they will sell a full day package of 20 full days for
$400.00. When the customer comes in to use the day care, they need to
decrement the package by a day.  I have tested this in RMS and I only know
how to decrement by the $ amount, but not by the package amount. Can this be
done? And if so how?

Another side note- they would want to implement gift cards that sell
packages of 20 (for example) and decrement from that as well.

thoughts?
Andrea
0
Andrea (160)
11/18/2005 9:45:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Andrea,

Look at the Givex add-on to RMS for gift/loyalty/stored value cards.
www.givex.com

--
*
"Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have a potential doggy day care client who would like to be able to sell
packages. For example- they will sell a full day package of 20 full days for
$400.00. When the customer comes in to use the day care, they need to
decrement the package by a day.  I have tested this in RMS and I only know
how to decrement by the $ amount, but not by the package amount. Can this be
done? And if so how?

Another side note- they would want to implement gift cards that sell
packages of 20 (for example) and decrement from that as well.

thoughts?
Andrea

0
spam3944 (2163)
11/18/2005 10:51:46 PM
Also if you would like go to www.retailrealm.co.uk I think, not sure but I do
believe they are either comming out with or came out with a new add on that
is supposed to be what you are looking for.
--
Thank You,;
Vince

"Andrea" wrote:

> I have a potential doggy day care client who would like to be able to sell
> packages. For example- they will sell a full day package of 20 full days for
> $400.00. When the customer comes in to use the day care, they need to
> decrement the package by a day.  I have tested this in RMS and I only know
> how to decrement by the $ amount, but not by the package amount. Can this be
> done? And if so how?
>
> Another side note- they would want to implement gift cards that sell
> packages of 20 (for example) and decrement from that as well.
>
> thoughts?
> Andrea
0
Vince (257)

Abillity to decrement "packages" in Microsoft RMS
I have a potential doggy day care client who would like to be able to sell packages. For example- they will sell a full day package of 20 full days for $400.00. When the customer comes in to use the day care, they need to decrement the package by a day. I have tested this in RMS and I only know how to decrement by the $ amount, but not by the package amount. Can this be done? And if so how? Another side note- they would want to implement gift cards that sell packages of 20 (for example) and decrement from that as well. thoughts? Andrea Andrea, Look at the Givex add-on to RMS for gif...

Tax Software Packages
Tax software serves as a good tool for the preparation of tax returns. Most of the tax software programs utilize different data compilation techniques to put in the necessary information. Today, the tax preparation software programs take in consideration all the features that make tax preparation easy and enable you to evaluate a variety of circumstances involving income tax concerns. Tax preparation software can always save you from burden of manually filling out your annual tax forms whether you own a single proprietorship or incorporated business. There are many tax software programs avail...

Scheduling legacy DTS packages in SQL 2008 SP1
I have hundreds of DTS packages that I brought over from SQL2000 into a SQL 2008 Enterprise SP1 64 bit environment, on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit. Our plan is to bring everything over as is, and convert to SSIS as time permits. I've run into a bit of a stumbling block hopefully someone out there can assist me with. I can run the dts package by running it at the command line via DTSRUN /S I can run the dts package by hand via the backward compatability design time components when I schedule a job to do DTSRUN as a cmdexec the job fails saying it cannot find the specified file, ...

Cannot activate CE Trial packages
I am unable to download or obtain activation codes for any Windows CE embedded software packages from the pages found at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/default.mspx When I try to download, I am directed to a form, which I fill out and all seems to go well at first. However, when I submit the form I get directed to a page-not-found error message that also shows a bing search result referring to some sort of thank you page that seems to be missing. I never get to actually download the software nor to I ever receive activation codes to my email account. If I...

Add-on Charting Packages
Hi, I'll need some effective charting soon for some Excel data sheets. Um, haven't even figured out what all it will need to do, but for starters, some of the charts will be time-based market data, and the ability to scroll back in time and the ability to easily rescale the time frame of the chart will be helpful. Are there some good charting add-on packages for Excel that go well beyond Excel's charting functions? Any good ones free? If not, what's an economical choice for a good add-on charting package for Excel? Andy Hi, You can do this in excel using named ranges...

Tax Software Packages #2
Tax software serves as a good tool for the preparation of tax returns. Most of the tax software programs utilize different data compilation techniques to put in the necessary information. Today, the tax preparation software programs take in consideration all the features that make tax preparation easy and enable you to evaluate a variety of circumstances involving income tax concerns. Tax preparation software can always save you from burden of manually filling out your annual tax forms whether you own a single proprietorship or incorporated business. There are many tax software programs avail...

Keyboard characters being skipped/missed when typing on internet eg internet mail packages, username/password info
>I have a problem in that on both my new desktop PC and laptop (both with MS > Vista and IE6) typed characters are not carrying on to the screen. Very > annoying when trying to type long e-mails inevitabley having to type > message > in Word then cut and paste into internet e-mail package. Very frustrating > when signing into sites with username/password access and you keep getting > barred because of a missing character - easily spotted in username but not > password when only *** show. > > Any help appreciated > > Regards > Brian &...

Keyboard characters being skipped/missed when typing on internet eg internet mail packages, username/password info
I have a problem in that on both my new desktop PC and laptop (both with MS Vista and IE6) typed characters are not carrying on to the screen. Very annoying when trying to type long e-mails inevitabley having to type message in Word then cut and paste into internet e-mail package. Very frustrating when signing into sites with username/password access and you keep getting barred because of a missing character - easily spotted in username but not password when only *** show. Any help appreciated Regards Brian -- ------------------------------------------------------...

Backing up Windows Update packages???
Hi, I have Windows xp sp3. I want to backup the packages which windows update downloads to the system so that I could be able to install them all in one go whenever I have to re-install windows xp so that I could save precious time re-downloading all the updates using Automatic windows update feature. Regards, Oc9ine. oc9ine wrote: > Hi, > > I have Windows xp sp3. > > I want to backup the packages which windows update downloads to the > system so that I could be able to install them all in one go whenever > I have to re-install windows xp so that I...

In visio, how do I link objects in two different packages?
I'm using visio to represent a java program. There are some interpackage assosiations I would like to represent, but I cannot figure out how to open the diagram for two seperate packages at the same time or show assosiation between packages. Is this possible and if so how? Hi MGS, You can have multiple windows into a document in Visio. For example, to show different pages or different views of the same page. Just look under the Window menu inside of Visio. You can choose New Window, then using the Window menu again, select which page to show, or just click a tab at the bottom of...

Updated KB: New naming schema for Microsoft Office software update packages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816916 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

msi packages of flash, adobe reader and java runtime?
Hello, As you guys know, flash, adobe reader and the java runtime need to be installed in most office environments on every PC. So, where can I find msi packages for those? And especially the updates - how can I deactivate the automatic update functions for them globally, so that only the AD administrator can provide updates (and where to get the update msi's?) Is there a site that specialized on that topic? I guess many system administrators have to deal with this problem, I would be grateful for any hints. I would love to see a good answer to this. In my experienc...

Tax refunds/Stimulus packages
How are you accounting for tax refunds and/or the stimulus packages? Michael wrote: > How are you accounting for tax refunds and/or the stimulus packages? I categorize my annual tax payment/refund as "Taxes : Federal Income Tax", dated December 31st of the appropriate tax year, in a cash account set aside for that purpose. When I make my payment or receive my refund, it's a transfer from checking to/from that account. I read about that years ago in the Unofficial M.P.Money FAQ: http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=12#Q102 As for stimulus payments, I've generally coun...

Sending POs to acounting packages
What are the different accounting packages that will import POs from RMS, both SO and HQ? I think that Quickbooks will integrate with POs as the SO level but not the HQ level. Then, I think GP will integrate at the HQ level but not the SO level. Is there a white paper or KB on this? David David, Great Plains will import POs from HQ QuickBooks will import PO's from SO Microsoft Small Business Financials & Great Plains could easily have a module written to pull partial and/or full PO's from RMS SO. We have looked at this several times. We would be willing to write this fo...

Moving SSIS 2005 packages from test to prod.
Hi, in the near future we will be implementing a test environment for our SSIS packages. We would like to be able to minimize the amount of code changes that take place when doing the move from test to production. Is there any funtionality within SSIS 2005 to search and replace the server name and database for an entire package? Or is there a way to parameterize the server name and database so that we just only change the value of the parameter? -- Thanks! - Jim On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:11:16 -0700, jam772 <jam772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, in ...

Product Packages
Is it possible to configure two or more products set up to sold as a package in MS CRM? Microsoft CRM has a concept of kits create a new product and once saved open it and click on the action meny. There will be an option to convert to kit. Once a product is converted to a kit you can other products to it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Gaurav Dalal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468101c49059$c2b2bfc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure two or ...

SSIS Packages fail, but takes a LONG time to end
We have a number of SSIS Packages that can fail with bad data from external sources. We handle the bad data without an issue, but after the package logs that an error occurs and it is failing, they often take a VERY long time to end. I'm talking about a package that normally takes 5 minutes, logging a failure, then taking an HOUR to end. This is getting to be a significant problem for us, especially in testing and development, and I have found nothing in the documentation or on the indicating why this might be occurring or how to investigate it. We've tried logging a...

Analysis cubes SSIS packages password protected?
Hi, I want to modify one of the SSIS packages that get created by the Analysis Cubes Configuration Wizard (GP 10) and when I attempt to add it to my project, it asks me for a password - I have tried the DynamicsUser password, my own password as I am connecting via Windows Authentication and even attempted restarting the SSIS service under my account to see if that makes any difference. Articles in the KB - especially 948794 - appear to indicate that modifying any package is possible. However, I find that it is only possible to open up the master packages - the ones that run the other ...

Component Write Exception when importing packages.
In GP 7.5, I'm getting a "Component Write Exception" error when importing some of our customization packages. The error occurs whenever I try to import a form that we have customized (it doesn't occur if I import a form that we created in house). I suspect the error has something to do with my Great Plains folder being moved a couple of times (we will sometimes backup a users Great Plains folder when they have trouble and copy it to a development machine for testing), but I haven't been able to find a reason for it. Does anyone have any insight into what is causi...

Commercial Property Management packages
I am researching commercial propety management packages for a client that wants GP for their accounting package. They have several doverse business units in their enterprise, and we have found solutions for those, but they also need something to handle commercial (office and retail) property management. They are probably looking at a maximum of around 50 tenants. I have found ACS (Management Plus), and it looks good for integration with GP, but it seems a bit more focussed on residential property management. Are there any other packages I should be considering? Thanks We have develop...

Is Excel 2007 the same software in all Office packages?
All Office 2007 packages include Excel. Is it the same program in all packages or it changes depanding of the package? I need to do statistics in excel. In case that it changes, which package is the best for me? "edithdelaparra" <edithdelaparra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FDB6CAC-3E71-4B9D-81B2-218D79D36D19@microsoft.com... > All Office 2007 packages include Excel. Is it the same program in all > packages or it changes depanding of the package? I need to do statistics > in > excel. In case that it changes, which package is the...

Could excel replace accounting packages or other management software?
With the right templates, I wonder if it would be practical to manage finances for a smaill business, or an individual, with just excel? Could excel be practically used to replace other management software? Maybe personal organizers, contact management, that sort of thing? It seems like there would be a place to get such templates. There are many places that sell templates for such purposes. All you need is a credit card. Search google using keywords like "Excel" and "template". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >With the right templates, I won...

CRM Integration with Accounting Packages, GP 9 only?
CRM looks great, but I am not really understanding how I can integrate it with any accounting packages at this point. The only choices that I have seen so far is to integrate it with Great Plains 9. This is a really expensive route for businesses of less than 100 users. Does it integrate with the Small Business Financials Edition of GP? How about any other translation layers or ability to code? My company partnered with Microsoft to develop an integration with Solomon and Microsoft CRM called Infuse. So that is a path you might want to consider, I only say that because it is my p...