8/6 Live Chat - Migrating to POS 2009

------=_NextPart_0001_DD0E1BA1

On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail team will host
a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT.

In this chat, our experts will take questions on Migrating to POS 2009.

If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not
be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our
experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their
answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript
will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site approximately one
week after the chat at
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx.

Add the chat to your calendar or enter the chat room on the day of the chat
at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx.

Thank you!
The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team
------=_NextPart_0001_DD0E1BA1

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT.
\par
\par In this chat, our experts will take questions on Migrating to POS 2009.
\par
\par If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site approximately one week after the chat at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx.
\par
\par Add the chat to your calendar or enter the chat room on the day of the chat at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx.
\par
\par Thank you!
\par The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_DD0E1BA1--

0
tberger (219)
8/5/2009 6:33:46 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Todd, how do I get 2009, I have RMS and no one seems to know where I, the
consumer can get it. MS says they dont know when it will be avalible for
download & my partner tells me MS has not given them the ok. Bad customer
service on ms part,almost wish I had gone with the other pos as I just bought
this last month.
--
Thanks!
David D.

""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" wrote:

> On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail team will host
> a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT.
>
> In this chat, our experts will take questions on Migrating to POS 2009.
>
> If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not
> be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our
> experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their
> answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript
> will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site approximately one
> week after the chat at
> http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx.
>
> Add the chat to your calendar or enter the chat room on the day of the chat
> at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx.
>
> Thank you!
> The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team
0
davidd1 (37)
8/5/2009 8:46:10 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_DDE9443E

Good afternoon David,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues obtaining POS 2009.

You should be able to either contact Sales Operations at 800-456-0025, or
contact your partner and have them contact the distributor, in order to
request the upgrade; and once this is done the PID(s) should be sent to
either you or your partner depending on what is noted in the upgrade
request.

At that point you should check  with your partner to obtain the POS 2009
install and work out a migration plan for your data.

Hopefully this helps.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgRC4=?= <DavidD@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: 8/6 Live Chat - Migrating to POS 2009
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:46:10 -0700

""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" wrote:

> On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail team will
host
> a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT.
>
> In this chat, our experts will take questions on Migrating to POS 2009.
>
> If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might
not
> be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our
> experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and
their
> answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript
> will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site approximately one
> week after the chat at
> http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx.
>
> Add the chat to your calendar or enter the chat room on the day of the
chat
> at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx.
>
> Thank you!
> The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team

------=_NextPart_0001_DDE9443E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good afternoon David,
\par
\par I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues obtaining POS 2009.
\par
\par You should be able to either contact Sales Operations at 800-456-0025, or contact your partner and have them contact the distributor, in order to request the upgrade; and once this is done the PID(s) should be sent to either you or your partner depending on what is noted in the upgrade request.
\par
\par At that point you should check  with your partner to obtain the POS 2009 install and work out a migration plan for your data.
\par
\par
\par Hopefully this helps.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgRC4=?= <DavidD@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: RE: 8/6 Live Chat - Migrating to POS 2009
\par Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:46:10 -0700
\par
\par Todd, how do I get 2009, I have RMS and no one seems to know where I, the
\par consumer can get it. MS says they dont know when it will be avalible for
\par download & my partner tells me MS has not given them the ok. Bad customer
\par service on ms part,almost wish I had gone with the other pos as I just bought
\par this last month.
\par --
\par Thanks!
\par David D.
\par L.S.B.
\par
\par
\par ""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" wrote:
\par
\par > On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail team will host
\par > a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT.
\par >
\par > In this chat, our experts will take questions on Migrating to POS 2009.
\par >
\par > If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not
\par > be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our
\par > experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their
\par > answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript
\par > will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site approximately one
\par > week after the chat at
\par > http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx.
\par > at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx.
\par >
\par > Thank you!
\par > The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_DDE9443E--

0
tberger (219)
8/5/2009 10:33:09 PM
It would have been nice to have received a little more advance notice about
this chat. I don't check this board every single day, and there was no
mention of this on the Dynamics POS website.

Is there someplace I can go to see a calendar of upcoming technical chats,
so I don't miss one in the future?

--
Bill Yater
Blue Horseshoe Solutions

""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" wrote:

> On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail team will host
> a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT.
>
> In this chat, our experts will take questions on Migrating to POS 2009.
>
> If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not
> be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our
> experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their
> answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript
> will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site approximately one
> week after the chat at
> http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx.
>
> Add the chat to your calendar or enter the chat room on the day of the chat
> at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx.
>
> Thank you!
> The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team
0
BillYater (133)

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CA16B1.C127E480

Bill,

While I agree that they only let us know about the chat 22 and 1/2 hours =
before it happened, a notice was posted on all 3 Partner sites, the =
funky On-line Forum as well as here.  You should probably be looking at =
at least one of those a day.

Not sure why they couldn't have emailed the Partners at least.

Maybe they didn't want too many participate as there were only about 39 =
people that showed up. And about 12 MSFT employees!!

Then again I not sure why their first chat was, they thought, going to =
be about POS2k9 data transfer as the general public hasn't even seen the =
product. The majority of the questions were about the availability and =
specifics of the product.  Availability and specifics that even most of =
the Partners don't even know, it appears!

As the chat ended, there was a note that all future chats were to be on =
a as needed basis, so I'm assuming that there won't be much notice for =
the next one either!

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  It would have been nice to have received a little more advance notice =
about=20
  this chat. I don't check this board every single day, and there was no =

  mention of this on the Dynamics POS website.

  Is there someplace I can go to see a calendar of upcoming technical =
chats,=20

  ""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" wrote:

  > On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail team =
will host=20
  > a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT.=20
  > =20
  > In this chat, our experts will take questions on Migrating to POS =
2009.
  >  =20
  > If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts =
might not=20
  > be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that =
event, our=20
  > experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, =
and their=20
  > answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The =
transcript=20
  > will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site =
approximately one=20
  > week after the chat at=20
  > http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx.
  >=20
  > Add the chat to your calendar or enter the chat room on the day of =
the chat=20
  > at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx.
  >=20
  > Thank you!
  > The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team
------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CA16B1.C127E480

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18813"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Bill,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>While I agree that they only let us know =
about the chat=20
22 and 1/2 hours before it happened, a notice&nbsp;was posted on all 3 =
Partner=20
sites, the funky On-line Forum as well as here.&nbsp; You should =
probably be=20
looking at at least one of those a day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Not sure why they couldn't have emailed the =
Partners at=20
least.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Maybe they didn't want too many participate =
as there=20
were only about 39 people&nbsp;that showed up. And about 12 MSFT=20
employees!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Then again I not sure why their first chat =
was, they=20
thought, going to be about POS2k9 data transfer as the general public =
hasn't=20
even seen the product.&nbsp;The majority of the questions were about the =

availability and specifics of the product.&nbsp; Availability and =
specifics that=20
even most of the Partners don't even know, it appears!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>As the chat ended, there was a note that all =
future=20
chats were to be on a as needed basis, so I'm assuming that there won't =
be much=20
notice for the next one either!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Bill Yater" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com">BillYater@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:07C7A650-4D9B-4B42-AD47-6CF7A30DD03E@microsoft.com">news:07C=
7A650-4D9B-4B42-AD47-6CF7A30DD03E@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>It=20
  would have been nice to have received a little more advance notice =
about=20
  <BR>this chat. I don't check this board every single day, and there =
was no=20
  <BR>mention of this on the Dynamics POS website.<BR><BR>Is there =
someplace I=20
  can go to see a calendar of upcoming technical chats, <BR>so I don't =
miss one=20
  in the future?<BR><BR>-- <BR>Bill Yater<BR>Blue Horseshoe =
Solutions<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:byater@bhsolutions.com">byater@bhsolutions.com</A><BR><BR>=
<BR><BR>""Todd=20
  Berger [MSFT]"" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; On Thursday, August 6th, 2009, the=20
  Microsoft Dynamics Retail team will host <BR>&gt; a Live Chat from 10 =
a.m.=20
  until 11 a.m. PT. <BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt; In this chat, our experts =
will take=20
  questions on Migrating to POS 2009.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>&gt; If we =
get a=20
  high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not =
<BR>&gt; be=20
  able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our =

  <BR>&gt; experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent =
possible, and=20
  their <BR>&gt; answers will be included in the transcript for the =
chat. The=20
  transcript <BR>&gt; will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS =
site=20
  approximately one <BR>&gt; week after the chat at <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx">http://=
www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx</A>.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; Add the chat to your calendar or enter the chat room on the =
day of=20
  the chat <BR>&gt; at <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx">http://w=
ww.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx</A>.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; Thank you!<BR>&gt; The Microsoft Dynamics RMS=20
team</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01CA16B1.C127E480--

0
cptsoft (1248)

Migrating Email from Mac Mail to Outlook
I seem to be able to find migration tools to take mail from Outlook to Mac, but not Mac to Outlook. Can anybody recommend a good tool or process to accomplish this? I need all my email, calendar events, and contacts if possible. To migrate Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook 2003, follow these steps: 1.. In Lotus Notes, export contacts to a tab-delimited file. (For more information about how to export Lotus Notes contacts, see the Lotus Notes product documentation. Or contact Lotus Notes support.) 2.. Start Outlook 2003. 3.. On the File menu, click Import and Export. 4.. ...

Printing problem #8
I frequently print multiple copies of single page Publisher 2000 documents. Some of these files, though limited to a single page, are extremely large including multiple pictures inter-mixed with several blocks of text. Never the less printing usually goes very smoothly one copy printing after another with no pauses. In the case of some Publisher files, however, somewhere during the printing of the second copy the printer pauses for a full 10 seconds then resumes printing, but then identical pauses occur during the printing of each subsequent copy at exactly the same place and for the s...

POS
Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone figured out a procedural workaround for this? -Luis TIA Hello Luis, I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because there is no way to have a lay away... Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS? -- Fabien in seattle "Luis" wrote: > Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone > figured out a procedural workaround for this? > > -Luis > > TIA Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as...

Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts
I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try to import Contact data, it is not successful. I have tried both importing Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data. Either way the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts. Is there something else that needs to be done to import Contacts? Also, is there a special procedure for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts? Right now I am simply setting the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the...

BT
Hi guys I have an iPaq 210, WM 6, that I'd like to use as a WiFi card for an WinXP SP2 PC. Here's my problem, which often happens (not always): 1. I turn on Bluetooth on the iPaq 2. I connect the PC to the iPaq using the "Explore my Bluetooth Places" wizard, "BT network access", then "Connect". It says "connected". Then on the XP "Network Connections" window, it says "acquiring network address", and shortly after: "connected". PC's IP address: 192.168.1.125, default gateway (the iPaq): 192.168.1.6...

Memory Leake with CRecordset VC++ 6.0
My programm works with Windows2000Prof without any problem. But if the programm run under Windows NT 4.0 it generates memory leakes. The database Access97 will be connected over ODBC mdac V 2.1.3711 ODBC 4.00.3711.08 It's true that this effect depends on the mdac Version? ...

How can I print an 11x17 page on a single 8 1/2 x 11 page?
I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some method I can use to reduce the 11/17 image to 81/2x11. John W. <John W.@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on > 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a > smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some > method I can...

Trouble with IE 8 04-11-10
My new laptop was just working perfectly with IE 7 and Vista. Then IE 8 was downloaded automatically. Huge problelm as when I try to sign into Facebook and use Farmville or other apps it just loops to the login and insist that I adjust my cookie settings which I had tried to do numerous times but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The yellow triangle shows up in the bottom left with permission denied on several lines. What the heck does that mean? I'm not a computer techie and don't wanna be either. I just want things to work correctly when they're suppos...

Re: Finalizing the concurrent processing of current accounts with new Windows Live accounts.
Glad to see you're sticking with me. :-) Well, I'll be darned, apparently I was worried about nothing! Thanks to your info, I sent a test message to my Live account, and I got it! Now I'll set up a rule for each account to send everything to the (old) corresponding folder, and I'm up and running. *** Um-m-m, not yet. I sent an email to the Live account and my rule said for that account it should move it to the old corresponding folder, but it didn't get moved. It simply landed in the Inbox folder for the Live account. So I did the Run Rules Now optio...

direct upgrade from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there an upgrade path from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009? I've tried to restore an RMS database to POS 2009 and the import wizard bombs out with an error. What other choices are there? ...

FRx upgrade from 6.0 to 6.7 error
All, I am at a loss. We have upgrades GP from 6.0 to 8.0 successfully, then we ran the existing FRx 6.0 version fine on the GP 8.0. But I would like to upgrade to Frx 6.7 and am getting a banner error which is fatal and the install stops. I have met all 3 criteria spelled out in the FRx 6.7 documentation and am at a loss. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks -- For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack Ruyard Kipling What is the exact error message that you are getting? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "ncst8pak" <ncst8pak@discussion...

Data Validation Question #6
Jaun, Thank you. It worked. Just curious, is it a "bug" in Excel or somethin I did? Case -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26764 I think it's "by design". It happens when you manually move that message to some other place. Then, all the messages will appear there ! -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Casey" <Casey.1dtg7y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote...

Email Problems #6
On the MS Outlook Shortcut Bar are three Shortcuts, Outlook Shortcut, My Shortcut, Other Shortcuts. When MS Outlook opens the default is Outlook Shortcuts, Is it possible to open MS Outlook with My Shortcuts as the default?? Also, I have been using Outlook Express and when I click on Send/Receive I have a choice to Send, Receive or Send and Receive. It does not appear I have this choice in MS Outlook, it seems that once I click Send/Receive it Sends and Receives only, no choice. Is this correct?? Thanks George Not sure about the Outlook Bar group thing but in the version you'...

put 4 postcards on an 8-1/2 x 11 in landscape
How do I put 4 postcards on an 8-1/2 x 11 in landscape mode? On the old Publisher, I found a setting in Avery that would do it. I'm so confused now. Are there Avery templates in 2007 Publisher and if so, how do I access Avery templates to accomplish this. It's probably really simple but I haven't been able to figre it out. -- Mary Virginia There is a template for Avery postcards, 4 to a sheet. When you are at "Getting Started" enter 3263 in the "search for templates" space. Hit enter. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a qu...

"Update in Progress" for 2 weeks now, 8 different brokerage accts
I have not been able to update ANY of my 8 different brokerage accts with 3 different investment companies (Schwab, Morgan Stanley and TD Ameritrade) since 4/28. They all say "update in progress" at the Account list screen. When I click on "Read Call Summary Messages" and go to "Review Update Results" (Funny how the thing you click on doesn't have the same title as the screen it takes you to . . .) for each of these brokerages (Schwab, Morgan Stanley, & TD Ameritrade) it says: "Your last call was completed on 4/28/2008 at 7:35 PM "Your acco...

Windows Live Mail contacts lost
Hello, I couldn't get connected to Windows Live Messenger (Error code 8e5e05f6) and I found out on the web that the problem would be solved by deleting "Windows Live contacts" folder, which I did. I then restarted my PC Windows Live Messenger now works but I have lost all my Windows Live Mail contacts. I restaured that deleted folder but the contacts aren't back. Is there a way to get them back? Thanks PS : I am using Vista After checking my disk, I noticed I now have 2 "Windows Live Contacts" folders One is named "Windows Live ...

Paste Special #6
Folks: I would like to copy and paste a spreadsheet from one workbook to another. All the formatting and column widths should deinitely be to be transferred as well. * Would the PASTE SPECIAL accomplish this for me ? Thanks, John Why not just use right click sheet tab>move or copy>copy>select the workbook> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <JoJo> wrote in message news:%23IAnyPhxHHA.4640@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > > I would like to copy and paste a spreadsheet from one workbook to another. > All...

Number formatting #6
i type "2" and it automatically converts to ".02". I do not want this. Any idea what I did to get this and how do I get my old excel back? Thanks in advance This is a new one for me. It sounds like you are somehow converting a percentage to a decimal. 2.00% 0.02 If that's not the case, than I'm not aware of any other number format that automatically divides a number by 100. Maybe it's something build into Excel 2007 (I'm on 2003). Try messing with the number formats for all your data if you're entering directly into Excel. Regards, That On...

Money 2004 Deluxe #6
I can not get my portfolio to update online. I have the symbols in the Abbreviation box and the transfer says it is "complete" not showing any errors, however the quotes are not updated. ...

Migrating Mailboxes to a New Domain
Ok, here is the scenario, we are migrating all of our Exchange mailboxes from domainA to domainB, each domain has it's own seperate Exchange system (both 2003) Each user in domainA uses a single Outlook profile with multiple mailboxes attached. In addition to the mailboxes, some users have personal folders connected to their Outlook. I created a test user account and mailbox in domainA and I attatched several mailboxes to the user profile along with a persoanl folder. The user account and computer were both migrated to domainB by way of the ADMT. The test user mailbox was then migrated o...

Migrating to New Machine (Outlook 2002)
Hi 1) I have installed Outlook on a new PC, and am trying to move my data. To be save, I saved the data from the old PC using Backup and using Export. How do I get the data onto the new PC without it showing up in a separate folder in Outlook (I want it to appear under the Outlook Today folder/section. 2) After doing an Import, my old data is now in a separate folder. How do I delete that folder? Thanks, Chris Exporting/Importing is NEVER the way to save Outlook data to use on another machine. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

On order but not open POs
On GP version 8: I have an inventory item that lists an On Order amount but there are no open purchase orders for this item. All purchase order amounts have been received and invoiced and closed purchase orders have been moved to history. Is there a way to determine why Great Plains thinks there is an On Order amount? Is there a way to zero out the On Order amount? Thanks, M. E. Houston Hi, did you try to Reconcile the Item? Tools-Utilities-Inventory-Reconcile -- Frederik Gagnon Analyst Programmer Dexterity Engineer "M. E. Houston" wrote: > On GP version 8: > &...

Remote Users for GP 8.0
We have a remote site with 5 users that are connected to us via a T1 point to point at 1.5mbps. We would like to have these w/s connect to run great plains. Is a vpn possible? SHould we use a terminal server? Any advantages in using citrix? Thanks John John, I would usually recommend Terminal Server 2003 for what you're describing. VPN only (without TS or Cirtix) is not supported by MS, nor advisable, even over a point to point T1 you're not going to like the performance. Citrix doesn't really offer too many advantages over TS for 5 users, but is also a viable alter...

Check Names - Outlook 2000
When I enter an email address in the To: field for an employee of the company it will properly replace the email address with the contact name (e.g. stan@work.com -> Stan Sample (E-mail)). If I enter the name of someone in the personal contacts it will properly look it up (e.g. Pam -> Pam Personal (E-Mail)). This replace happens if I wait long enough or press the Check Names button. If however I type an email address of a person in the contacts, it never resolves to a particular contact (e.g. pam@home.com never becomes Pam Personal (E-Mail)). Is there a configuration problem with ...

Love Potion for Miss Blandish #8
yada yada hi darmasya, glanil,bavati bharata, agydanam adarmasya, kridadmanam padarmasya, ...