6 bottles of wine gets you 10% off?

Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on?  RMS Out of the box,
or is it impossible?
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

One way is using the discount section. But you have to figure  out amount
for the 6th bottle and above.
"Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on?  RMS Out of the
> box,
> or is it impossible?
> --
> Thank You
> Vince  :)

0
Rick5747 (287)
8/16/2006 11:35:22 PM
Can you elaborate any further?  If in using the discount section won't that
discount the entire bill?
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

"rick" wrote:

> One way is using the discount section. But you have to figure  out amount
> for the 6th bottle and above.
> "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on?  RMS Out of the
> > box,
> > or is it impossible?
> > --
> > Thank You
> > Vince  :)

0
nagarra (173)
8/17/2006 12:58:01 AM
You can use a Mix & Match discount, but you can't discount by %.  You
can only set the selling price.  If you set up a mix & match scheme for
every different price that you sell Wine at and assign the discount
scheme correctly to each item based on it's regular selling price, you
can get *almost* the functionality you are asking for.  Problem is the
customer would have to buy 6 bottles of the same price, not *any* 6 bottles.

Lots of data entry, but if you only have a few price levels for Wine, it
could sort of work.  I'd buy the add-in myself...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Vince wrote:
> Can you elaborate any further?  If in using the discount section won't that
> discount the entire bill?
0
glenn9672 (1267)
8/17/2006 1:44:45 PM
For add-ins which company do you like to deal with?
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> You can use a Mix & Match discount, but you can't discount by %.  You
> can only set the selling price.  If you set up a mix & match scheme for
> every different price that you sell Wine at and assign the discount
> scheme correctly to each item based on it's regular selling price, you
> can get *almost* the functionality you are asking for.  Problem is the
> customer would have to buy 6 bottles of the same price, not *any* 6 bottles.
>
> Lots of data entry, but if you only have a few price levels for Wine, it
> could sort of work.  I'd buy the add-in myself...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Vince wrote:
> > Can you elaborate any further?  If in using the discount section won't that
> > discount the entire bill?

0
nagarra (173)
8/19/2006 6:27:01 AM
YOu may want to try Retail Realm promotion module

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = =
"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:OHQiPNgwGHA.4968@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> You can use a Mix & Match discount, but you can't discount by %.  You can
> only set the selling price.  If you set up a mix & match scheme for every
> different price that you sell Wine at and assign the discount scheme
> correctly to each item based on it's regular selling price, you can get
> *almost* the functionality you are asking for.  Problem is the customer
> would have to buy 6 bottles of the same price, not *any* 6 bottles.
>
> Lots of data entry, but if you only have a few price levels for Wine, it
> could sort of work.  I'd buy the add-in myself...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Vince wrote:
>> Can you elaborate any further?  If in using the discount section won't
>> that discount the entire bill?

0
afshin (783)

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

Historical aged trial balance #6
Hi can anyone tell me the store procedure used to extract a Report Reports-Sales-Trial Balance-Historical aged trial balance Because the management want that report to be in Excel format Regards Thiru Hi, you can extract the report to excel format however u'll not get it in a readible format. You need to some formating. To extract the report, print the report to file and select tab delimited. This will give u in excel format. You can write a small macro and sort the things out to make it readible. regards Reddy On Jun 22, 9:04=A0am, Thirumal <Thiru...@discussions.microsoft.co...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

search #6
hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results that match the criteria, than it will return all the results to the 1st page, is this poss. please help thank you You can use an Advanced Filter to extract data to another sheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html ash wrote: > hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 > criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results t...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

How do I get automatic completion to work for an in-cell dropdown
If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropdown, I'd like typing 'G' to auto-select Gamma. I'm pretty sure it was doing that at some point, but now, it does not. This isn't supported under data|validation. You could use A,B,G in the dropdown and then use a helper cell with a formula in it, though. Say you put your abbreviations in A1:A3 of sheet2 and the real names in B1:B3, then you could use: =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) Joseph Weisblatt wrote: > > If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropd...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

Sales for Outlook Installation 10-24-05
I'm having trouble installing CRM sales for outlook. The installation errors literally on the point of finishing. The message is "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for microsoft crm sales for outlook". I have searched the knowledge base and newsgroups to find any info on this matter but at the moment I have struggled to find any signifcant information. The pc used is running XP pro SP2. Thanks for any assistance in advance ...

getting the error when updating file xls file.
Hi. We are using exchange 2003 server and office XP but know we start to Upgrade our office to office 2003 Know we are face problem. When our user try to make changes to file in public folder there can not make the changes it say “file is read only” but that user can make the changes or edit that same file from the P.C were office XP is installed. Do I have to install some patch if yes can you please send that patch because in trying from last two day and I can not find it. Note: If possible can you reply on parag.lopes@madinatjumeirah.com Just a guess... Are you s...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

MFC get drive information
Dear all, How to get drive information of my computer? I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space information. Thanks! Best Regards, Crystal Use GetLogicalDrives() to get drive informatio. Use GetDiskFreeSpace(... to get drive space. Sekhar Hyderabad. "Crystal" wrote: > Dear all, > > How to get drive information of my computer? > > I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space > information. > > Thanks! > > Best Regards, > Crystal > > > > > You can use cha...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Macro Question #10
Hi, I am working with a text file that I imported into Excel. It is a transactional report of sales by customer. The data will have the customer number and name spread out over three cells. What I want to do is to create a macro that will contatenate all three cell and then perform a paste special and paste them into another cell in another column. Since the number of transactions by customer can vary the customer name and number can appear anywhere on the page. I created a macro to do this using the first customer which appears in cell B5 through D5. The next customer appears...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

Why can't i get my wanted notes by XPath

Extender problem with GP 10
Hi all, I setup a Dynamics GP 10 system for a customer. The system is used from HRM staff. I used Extender to add a number of extender windows and detail windows. On the Sever all users can access the extender windows but when they login on a separate terminal server (with a client installation) the Extender windows are not accessible. Only the Extender Detail Windows can be seen. When trying to go to the windows all users including sa get the following message: "Not all required fields have been entered for the window <window name>." I went in the extender and opened ...

outlook express 6 #37
I recently downloaded outlook express 6 and it won't let me open any attachements saying "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements". Can anyone help? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Tools->OPtions->Security. Post any followup to the OE group referenced below. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #6
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

Not getting the data output I want
Hello, I need help with my database. Here's the basic layout: I have a table for patient data that is imported on a daily basis. That data is then queried to eliminate null values and the query is the source for my main form. I then have a subform based on a table with procedures that has no data in it. It is strictly for data entry to include the date of service and checkboxes for procedures rendered. I used the PtID (auto number) as my primary key in my main form and the same name for a foreign key in the subform. Those fields are used as the link parent/child fields. I ...

Outlook Express 6 #41
Can anyone tell me how to save my outlook folders, inbox, sent etc to disk/CD for long term storage and to free up space? ...

get speed between device incorrect in Win7 with two controller
when I debug a 1394B image device driver on windows 7 x64, I found the result of REQUEST_GET_SPEED_BETWEEN_DEVICES requesting incorrect sometimes, I have two controller, one 1394B (TI's PCIE chip), one is 1394A, my image device run at S800, and connected on 1394B port. I want to get the speed between device and host is 8 (S800), but sometimes I got 4 when I power on my device with cable had connected. Is there a bug of windows 7 1394 bus stack? thanks for any helps. -- Steven ...

Outlook express 6.0 folders
i don't know how to create folders for different mail accounts thanks Francesco Panella cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > i don't know how to create folders for different mail accounts > thanks > > This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If y...