401 woksheet Help

Hi,

I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.

10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401 worksheet.
3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at HQ
and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
errors.

It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading global
customers from HQ

Any clues?

Regards
Dan

0
danl1 (71)
11/10/2008 7:06:57 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_1FFE6FA5

Good morning Dan,

Thank you for posting your question about an issue with auto generated 401s.

Can you please let me know:

1. Do you get any errors when processing the auto generated 401s at these 3
stores?

2. If so what is the error?

3. Are you using any 3rd party products?

4. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?

5. Have you tested any 3rd party products at these 3 stores, even though
you may not be using them now?

6. Is the time, and time zone, correct on the machine that has HQ Client at
these stores?

7. Have you tried making a backup and running Database | Check and Database
| Reindex at these 3 stores to see if there are any errors?

8. Has this ever worked?

9. If it worked previously is there anything that happened around the time
that it stopped working?

Thank you in advance.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

--------------------
From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
Subject: 401 woksheet Help
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100

Hi,

I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.

10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401 worksheet.
3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at HQ
and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
errors.

It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading global
customers from HQ

Any clues?

Regards
Dan

------=_NextPart_0001_1FFE6FA5

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning Dan,
\par
\par Thank you for posting your question about an issue with auto generated 401s.
\par
\par Can you please let me know:
\par
\par 1. Do you get any errors when processing the auto generated 401s at these 3 stores?
\par
\par 2. If so what is the error?
\par
\par 3. Are you using any 3rd party products?
\par
\par 4. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?
\par
\par 5. Have you tested any 3rd party products at these 3 stores, even though you may not be using them now?
\par
\par 6. Is the time, and time zone, correct on the machine that has HQ Client at these stores?
\par
\par 7. Have you tried making a backup and running Database | Check and Database | Reindex at these 3 stores to see if there are any errors?
\par
\par 8. Has this ever worked?
\par
\par 9. If it worked previously is there anything that happened around the time that it stopped working?
\par
\par
\par Thank you in advance.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
\par Subject: 401 woksheet Help
\par Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100
\par
\par Hi,
\par
\par I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.
\par
\par 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401 worksheet.
\par 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
\par process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at HQ
\par and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
\par After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
\par errors.
\par
\par It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading global
\par customers from HQ
\par
\par Any clues?
\par
\par
\par Regards
\par Dan
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_1FFE6FA5--

0
tberger (219)
11/13/2008 2:39:20 PM
HI Tod,

1. No errors at the 3 stores. Just hangs an deventually a POST Message
(timeout) comes up after about an hour or so.
2. No 3rd party products at all
4. No
5. No
6. Yes
7. Yes to the database reindex, no to the database check. I will do that
8. Yes it all worked, pre upgrading to version 2.0xxx
9. only two possibilities come to mind that I know of.
    a) MS updates to operating system automatically with update
    b) We did upgrade to RMS 2.0xxx

There is a 3rd very remote possibility, but cannot be sure. I did change at
all stores that global customers should no longer default to being global as
I wanted to have them be local. I do notice in conjunction with this that
the auto generated 401 has no issues sending all transaction data to head
office. It always does this across all stores, however, at the 3 stores, it
always never completes reconciling the customers. It says stufff like,
"Uploading customer details" and then stalls. If I then kill the hq client
session and delete the 41 at Head Office and manually recreate it, then
reestablish HQ Client connection, it completes the customer transfers.

Thanks for the help so far.
Dan

""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good morning Dan,
>
> Thank you for posting your question about an issue with auto generated
> 401s.
>
> Can you please let me know:
>
> 1. Do you get any errors when processing the auto generated 401s at these
> 3
> stores?
>
> 2. If so what is the error?
>
> 3. Are you using any 3rd party products?
>
> 4. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?
>
> 5. Have you tested any 3rd party products at these 3 stores, even though
> you may not be using them now?
>
> 6. Is the time, and time zone, correct on the machine that has HQ Client
> at
> these stores?
>
> 7. Have you tried making a backup and running Database | Check and
> Database
> | Reindex at these 3 stores to see if there are any errors?
>
> 8. Has this ever worked?
>
> 9. If it worked previously is there anything that happened around the time
> that it stopped working?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Todd Berger
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

> rights.
>

> --------------------
> From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
> Subject: 401 woksheet Help
> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100
>
> Hi,
>
> I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.
>
> 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401
> worksheet.
> 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
> process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at
> HQ
> and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
> After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
> errors.
>
> It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading
> global
> customers from HQ
>
> Any clues?
>

> Regards
> Dan

0
danl1 (71)
11/13/2008 8:38:21 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_25448097

Good morning Dan,

Thank you for the follow up.

If you are seeing a timeout error please try the steps in Knowledge Base
article 937648: Error message when you try to connect Headquarters Client
to Headquarters Server to process a worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics Retail
Management System: "Error -2147217871: Timeout expired"
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;937648

From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
Subject: Re: 401 woksheet Help
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:38:21 +1100

HI Tod,

------=_NextPart_0001_25448097

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning Dan,
\par
\par Thank you for the follow up.
\par
\par If you are seeing a timeout error please try the steps in Knowledge Base article 937648: Error message when you try to connect Headquarters Client to Headquarters Server to process a worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System: "Error -2147217871: Timeout expired"
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;937648
\par
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
\par Subject: Re: 401 woksheet Help
\par Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:38:21 +1100
\par
\par HI Tod,
\par
\par 1. No errors at the 3 stores. Just hangs an deventually a POST Message
\par (timeout) comes up after about an hour or so.
\par 2. No 3rd party products at all
\par 4. No
\par 5. No
\par 6. Yes
\par 7. Yes to the database reindex, no to the database check. I will do that
\par 8. Yes it all worked, pre upgrading to version 2.0xxx
\par 9. only two possibilities come to mind that I know of.
\par     a) MS updates to operating system automatically with update
\par     b) We did upgrade to RMS 2.0xxx
\par
\par There is a 3rd very remote possibility, but cannot be sure. I did change at
\par all stores that global customers should no longer default to being global as
\par I wanted to have them be local. I do notice in conjunction with this that
\par the auto generated 401 has no issues sending all transaction data to head
\par office. It always does this across all stores, however, at the 3 stores, it
\par always never completes reconciling the customers. It says stufff like,
\par "Uploading customer details" and then stalls. If I then kill the hq client
\par session and delete the 41 at Head Office and manually recreate it, then
\par reestablish HQ Client connection, it completes the customer transfers.
\par
\par Thanks for the help so far.
\par Dan
\par
\par
\par
\par ""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
\par news:EbRnn2ZRJHA.312@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
\par > Good morning Dan,
\par >
\par > Thank you for posting your question about an issue with auto generated
\par > 401s.
\par >
\par > Can you please let me know:
\par >
\par > 1. Do you get any errors when processing the auto generated 401s at these
\par > 3
\par > stores?
\par >
\par > 2. If so what is the error?
\par >
\par > 3. Are you using any 3rd party products?
\par >
\par > 4. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored procedures?
\par >
\par > 5. Have you tested any 3rd party products at these 3 stores, even though
\par > you may not be using them now?
\par >
\par > 6. Is the time, and time zone, correct on the machine that has HQ Client
\par > at
\par > these stores?
\par >
\par > 7. Have you tried making a backup and running Database | Check and
\par > Database
\par > | Reindex at these 3 stores to see if there are any errors?
\par >
\par > 8. Has this ever worked?
\par >
\par > 9. If it worked previously is there anything that happened around the time
\par > that it stopped working?
\par > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par > =====================================================
\par > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par > =====================================================
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
\par > rights.
\par >
\par >
\par > --------------------
\par > From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
\par > Subject: 401 woksheet Help
\par > Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100
\par >
\par > Hi,
\par >
\par > I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.
\par >
\par > 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401
\par > worksheet.
\par > 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
\par > process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at
\par > HQ
\par > and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
\par > After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
\par > errors.
\par >
\par > It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading
\par > global
\par > customers from HQ
\par >
\par > Any clues?
\par >
\par >
\par > Regards
\par > Dan
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_25448097--

0
tberger (219)
11/14/2008 3:14:02 PM
Thanks for this Todd. I will try it.
However, I am not sure it will resolve the issue. What I have observed is
that after HQ Client connects for the 401 at the troublesome store, after
about 5 minutes or so, HQ SERVER on my SBS server at head office throws the
session away. I can see the session is established on HQ server and then it
disappears after a few minutes.

.....but  i will try and report back.

> [...]
>> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
>> rights.
>>

>> --------------------
>> From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
>> Subject: 401 woksheet Help
>> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.
>>
>> 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401
>> worksheet.
>> 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
>> process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at
>> HQ
>> and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
>> After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
>> errors.
>>
>> It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading

0
danl1 (71)
11/15/2008 4:22:47 AM
Further to this discussion,
The timeout of 7200 in the registry made no difference.
The problem persists.

> [...]
>> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
>> rights.
>>

>> --------------------
>> From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
>> Subject: 401 woksheet Help
>> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.
>>
>> 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401
>> worksheet.
>> 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
>> process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at
>> HQ
>> and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
>> After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
>> errors.
>>
>> It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading

0
danl1 (71)
11/15/2008 11:40:54 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_3530538A

Good morning Dan,

Thank you for the update.

If you didn't notice a difference with 7200 try changing it to 14400 and
see if that helps.

Also, were you able to try making a backup and running Database | Check at
both the store and HQ?

Since this issue seems database specific you may want to also consider
contacting Technical Support to open a support request so that your data
can be looked at: https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspx or by
calling MBS support at: 1-888-477-7877.

From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:40:54 +1100

Further to this discussion,

------=_NextPart_0001_3530538A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning Dan,
\par
\par Thank you for the update.
\par
\par If you didn't notice a difference with 7200 try changing it to 14400 and see if that helps.
\par
\par Also, were you able to try making a backup and running Database | Check at both the store and HQ?
\par
\par
\par Since this issue seems database specific you may want to also consider contacting Technical Support to open a support request so that your data can be looked at: https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspx or by calling MBS support at: 1-888-477-7877.
\par
\par
\par Thank you in advance.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
\par Subject: Re: 401 woksheet Help
\par Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:40:54 +1100
\par
\par Further to this discussion,
\par The timeout of 7200 in the registry made no difference.
\par The problem persists.
\par news:A4nmoumRJHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
\par > Good morning Dan,
\par >
\par > Thank you for the follow up.
\par >
\par > If you are seeing a timeout error please try the steps in Knowledge Base
\par > article 937648: Error message when you try to connect Headquarters Client
\par > to Headquarters Server to process a worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics Retail
\par > Management System: "Error -2147217871: Timeout expired"
[...]
\par > as
\par > I wanted to have them be local. I do notice in conjunction with this that
\par > the auto generated 401 has no issues sending all transaction data to head
\par > office. It always does this across all stores, however, at the 3 stores,
\par > it
[...]
\par >> time
[...]
\par >> worksheet.
\par >> 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
\par >> process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at
\par >> HQ
\par >> and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
\par >> After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
\par >> errors.
\par >>
\par >> It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading
\par >> global
\par >> customers from HQ
\par >>
\par >> Any clues?
\par >>
\par >>
\par >> Regards
\par >> Dan
\par >>
\par >>
\par >>
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3530538A--

0
tberger (219)
11/17/2008 5:25:49 PM
Hi Todd,

To update you, I did Database | Check at  both the store and HQ. Checks were
fine.

I willset the timeout to 14400 and return the status

Thanks

> [...]
>>> =====================================================
>>> rights.
>>>

>>> --------------------
>>> From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
>>> Subject: 401 woksheet Help
>>> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.
>>>
>>> 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401
>>> worksheet.
>>> 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill the
>>> process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated 401 at
>>> HQ
>>> and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
>>> After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes without
>>> errors.
>>>
>>> It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / downloading

0
danl1 (71)

------=_NextPart_000_010A_01C94971.C0D2EAB0

Dan,

Todd didn't mention it, but make sure that you don't have another =
connection attempt before that 2 hour timeout expires, otherwise it will =
disconnect and try again, canceling the one in progress.

You should delete all other connections until you finish the 2 hour one

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au> wrote in message =
  Hi Todd,

  To update you, I did Database | Check at  both the store and HQ. =
Checks were=20
  fine.

  I willset the timeout to 14400 and return the status

  Thanks
  Dan

  ""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message =

  > Good morning Dan,
  >
  > Thank you for the update.
  >
  > If you didn't notice a difference with 7200 try changing it to 14400 =
and
  > see if that helps.
  >
  > Also, were you able to try making a backup and running Database | =
Check at
  > both the store and HQ?
  >

  > Since this issue seems database specific you may want to also =
consider
  > contacting Technical Support to open a support request so that your =
data
  > can be looked at: https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspx or =
by
  > calling MBS support at: 1-888-477-7877.
  >

  > Thank you in advance.
  >
  > Todd Berger
  > Microsoft Online Support Engineer

  > =
=3D=3D=3D
  > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your =
newsreader so
  > =
=3D=3D=3D
  > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no=20
  > rights.
  >

  > --------------------
  > From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
  > Subject: Re: 401 woksheet Help
  > Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:40:54 +1100
  >
  > Further to this discussion,
  > The timeout of 7200 in the registry made no difference.
  > The problem persists.
  >

  > ""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message
  >> Good morning Dan,
  >>
  >> Thank you for the follow up.
  >>
  >> If you are seeing a timeout error please try the steps in Knowledge =
Base
  >> article 937648: Error message when you try to connect Headquarters =
Client
  >> to Headquarters Server to process a worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics =

  >> Retail
  >> Management System: "Error -2147217871: Timeout expired"
  >>
  > =
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=3Dkb;EN-US;93=
7648

  >> Todd Berger
  >> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

  >> =
=3D=3D=3D
  >> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your =
newsreader so
  >> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
  >> =
=3D=3D=3D
  >> rights.
  >>

  >> --------------------
  >> From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
  >> Subject: Re: 401 woksheet Help
  >> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:38:21 +1100
  >>
  >> HI Tod,
  >>
  >> 1. No errors at the 3 stores. Just hangs an deventually a POST =
Message
  >> (timeout) comes up after about an hour or so.
  >> 2. No 3rd party products at all
  >> 4. No
  >> 5. No
  >> 6. Yes
  >> 7. Yes to the database reindex, no to the database check. I will do =
that
  >> 8. Yes it all worked, pre upgrading to version 2.0xxx
  >> 9. only two possibilities come to mind that I know of.
  >>    a) MS updates to operating system automatically with update
  >>    b) We did upgrade to RMS 2.0xxx
  >>
  >> There is a 3rd very remote possibility, but cannot be sure. I did =
change
  >> at
  >> all stores that global customers should no longer default to being =
global
  >> as
  >> I wanted to have them be local. I do notice in conjunction with =
this that
  >> the auto generated 401 has no issues sending all transaction data =
to head
  >> office. It always does this across all stores, however, at the 3 =
stores,
  >> it
  >> always never completes reconciling the customers. It says stufff =
like,
  >> "Uploading customer details" and then stalls. If I then kill the hq =

  >> client
  >> session and delete the 41 at Head Office and manually recreate it, =
then
  >> reestablish HQ Client connection, it completes the customer =
transfers.

  >> Thanks for the help so far.
  >> Dan
  >>

  >> ""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" <tberger@online.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message
  >>> Good morning Dan,
  >>>
  >>> Thank you for posting your question about an issue with auto =
generated
  >>> 401s.
  >>>
  >>> Can you please let me know:
  >>>
  >>> 1. Do you get any errors when processing the auto generated 401s =
at=20
  >>> these
  >>> 3
  >>> stores?
  >>>
  >>> 2. If so what is the error?
  >>>
  >>> 3. Are you using any 3rd party products?
  >>>
  >>> 4. Are you using any customized triggers, hooks or stored =
procedures?

  >>> 5. Have you tested any 3rd party products at these 3 stores, even =
though
  >>> you may not be using them now?
  >>>
  >>> 6. Is the time, and time zone, correct on the machine that has HQ =
Client
  >>> at
  >>> these stores?
  >>>
  >>> 7. Have you tried making a backup and running Database | Check and
  >>> Database
  >>>
  >>> 8. Has this ever worked?
  >>>
  >>> 9. If it worked previously is there anything that happened around =
the
  >>> time
  >>> that it stopped working?
  >>>

  >>> Thank you in advance.
  >>>
  >>> Todd Berger
  >>> Microsoft Online Support Engineer
  >>>
  >>> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
  >>> =
=3D=3D=3D
  >>> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your =
newsreader so
  >>> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
  >>> =
=3D=3D=3D
  >>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers =
no
  >>> rights.
  >>>

  >>> --------------------
  >>> From: "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au>
  >>> Subject: 401 woksheet Help
  >>> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +1100
  >>>
  >>> Hi,
  >>>
  >>> I have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version 15.
  >>>
  >>> 10 of the stores have no issue completing the auto generated 401
  >>> worksheet.
  >>> 3 of the stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to =
kill the
  >>> process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to auto generated =
401 at
  >>> HQ
  >>> and recreate it manually from the worksheet menu.
  >>> After I get HQ client at the store to reconnect, it completes =
without
  >>> errors.
  >>>
  >>> It seems to get stuck on doing something with updating / =
downloading
  >>> global
  >>> customers from HQ
  >>>
  >>> Any clues?
  >>>

  >>> Regards
  >>> Dan
  >>>

  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_010A_01C94971.C0D2EAB0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18148" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Dan,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Todd didn't mention it, but make sure that =
you don't=20
have another connection attempt before that 2 hour timeout expires, =
otherwise it=20
will disconnect and try again, canceling the one in =
progress.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>You should delete all other connections until =
you=20
finish the 2 hour one</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point=20
Software</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"dan" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:danl@aanet.com.au">danl@aanet.com.au</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uOdA0nVSJHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:uOdA0nVSJHA.588@T=
K2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  Todd,<BR><BR>To update you, I did Database | Check at&nbsp; both the =
store and=20
  HQ. Checks were <BR>fine.<BR><BR>I willset the timeout to 14400 and =
return the=20
  status<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Dan<BR><BR><BR><BR>""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" =
&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:tberger@online.microsoft.com">tberger@online.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:8rRgUmNSJHA.1668@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl">news:8rRgUmNSJHA.16=
68@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  Good morning Dan,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thank you for the =
update.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; If=20
  you didn't notice a difference with 7200 try changing it to 14400 =
and<BR>&gt;=20
  see if that helps.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Also, were you able to try making a =
backup=20
  and running Database | Check at<BR>&gt; both the store and=20
  HQ?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Since this issue seems database specific =
you may=20
  want to also consider<BR>&gt; contacting Technical Support to open a =
support=20
  request so that your data<BR>&gt; can be looked at: <A=20
  =
href=3D"https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspx">https://mbs.micr=
osoft.com/support/newstart.aspx</A>=20
  or by<BR>&gt; calling MBS support at: =
1-888-477-7877.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  Thank you in advance.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Todd Berger<BR>&gt; Microsoft =
Online=20
  Support Engineer<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Get Secure! - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;=20
  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt; When responding=20
  to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so<BR>&gt; that =
others=20
  may learn and benefit from your issue.<BR>&gt;=20
  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt; This posting is=20
  provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no <BR>&gt;=20
  rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; --------------------<BR>&gt; From: =
"dan"=20
  &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:danl@aanet.com.au">danl@aanet.com.au</A>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  Subject: Re: 401 woksheet Help<BR>&gt; Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:40:54 =

  +1100<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Further to this discussion,<BR>&gt; The timeout =
of 7200=20
  in the registry made no difference.<BR>&gt; The problem=20
  persists.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; ""Todd Berger [MSFT]"" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:tberger@online.microsoft.com">tberger@online.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:A4nmoumRJHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl">news:A4nmoumRJHA.48=
04@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  Good morning Dan,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Thank you for the follow=20
  up.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; If you are seeing a timeout error please =
try the=20
  steps in Knowledge Base<BR>&gt;&gt; article 937648: Error message when =
you try=20
  to connect Headquarters Client<BR>&gt;&gt; to Headquarters Server to =
process a=20
  worksheet in Microsoft Dynamics <BR>&gt;&gt; Retail<BR>&gt;&gt; =
Management=20
  System: "Error -2147217871: Timeout expired"<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=3Dkb;=
EN-US;937648">https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=
=3Dkb;EN-US;937648</A><BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  Todd Berger<BR>&gt;&gt; Microsoft Online Support=20
  Engineer<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Get Secure! - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt;&gt; When=20
  responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader=20
  so<BR>&gt;&gt; that others may learn and benefit from your =
issue.<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt;&gt; This posting=20
  is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  rights.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
--------------------<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  From: "dan" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:danl@aanet.com.au">danl@aanet.com.au</A>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
Subject:=20
  Re: 401 woksheet Help<BR>&gt;&gt; Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:38:21=20
  +1100<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; HI Tod,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; 1. No =
errors at=20
  the 3 stores. Just hangs an deventually a POST Message<BR>&gt;&gt; =
(timeout)=20
  comes up after about an hour or so.<BR>&gt;&gt; 2. No 3rd party =
products at=20
  all<BR>&gt;&gt; 4. No<BR>&gt;&gt; 5. No<BR>&gt;&gt; 6. Yes<BR>&gt;&gt; =
7. Yes=20
  to the database reindex, no to the database check. I will do =
that<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  8. Yes it all worked, pre upgrading to version 2.0xxx<BR>&gt;&gt; 9. =
only two=20
  possibilities come to mind that I know =
of.<BR>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; a) MS=20
  updates to operating system automatically with=20
  update<BR>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; b) We did upgrade to RMS=20
  2.0xxx<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; There is a 3rd very remote possibility, =
but=20
  cannot be sure. I did change<BR>&gt;&gt; at<BR>&gt;&gt; all stores =
that global=20
  customers should no longer default to being global<BR>&gt;&gt; =
as<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  I wanted to have them be local. I do notice in conjunction with this=20
  that<BR>&gt;&gt; the auto generated 401 has no issues sending all =
transaction=20
  data to head<BR>&gt;&gt; office. It always does this across all =
stores,=20
  however, at the 3 stores,<BR>&gt;&gt; it<BR>&gt;&gt; always never =
completes=20
  reconciling the customers. It says stufff like,<BR>&gt;&gt; "Uploading =

  customer details" and then stalls. If I then kill the hq <BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  client<BR>&gt;&gt; session and delete the 41 at Head Office and =
manually=20
  recreate it, then<BR>&gt;&gt; reestablish HQ Client connection, it =
completes=20
  the customer transfers.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Thanks for the help so =

  far.<BR>&gt;&gt; Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
""Todd=20
  Berger [MSFT]"" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:tberger@online.microsoft.com">tberger@online.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR>&gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:EbRnn2ZRJHA.312@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl">news:EbRnn2ZRJHA.312=
@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  Good morning Dan,<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Thank you for =
posting your=20
  question about an issue with auto generated<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  401s.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Can you please let me=20
  know:<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 1. Do you get any errors when =
processing=20
  the auto generated 401s at <BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; these<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  3<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; stores?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 2. If so =
what is the=20
  error?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 3. Are you using any 3rd party=20
  products?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 4. Are you using any =
customized=20
  triggers, hooks or stored procedures?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
5. Have=20
  you tested any 3rd party products at these 3 stores, even=20
  though<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; you may not be using them=20
  now?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 6. Is the time, and time zone, =
correct on=20
  the machine that has HQ Client<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; at<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
these=20
  stores?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 7. Have you tried making a =
backup and=20
  running Database | Check and<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Database<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
|=20
  Reindex at these 3 stores to see if there are any=20
  errors?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 8. Has this ever=20
  worked?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 9. If it worked previously is =
there=20
  anything that happened around the<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; time<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
that it=20
  stopped working?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Thank =
you in=20
  advance.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Todd Berger<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Microsoft=20
  Online Support Engineer<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Get Secure! - =
<A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; When=20
  responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader=20
  so<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; that others may learn and benefit from your=20
  issue.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; This=20
  posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers =
no<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  rights.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  --------------------<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; From: "dan" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:danl@aanet.com.au">danl@aanet.com.au</A>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&g=
t;=20
  Subject: 401 woksheet Help<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 =
18:06:57=20
  +1100<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Hi,<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; I=20
  have 13 store + HQ RMS setup. All RMS 2 and version=20
  15.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 10 of the stores have no issue =
completing=20
  the auto generated 401<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; worksheet.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; 3 of =
the=20
  stores refuse to complete the 401 worksheet. I need to kill=20
  the<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; process at storelevel on hq client, then delete to =
auto=20
  generated 401 at<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; HQ<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; and recreate it =
manually=20
  from the worksheet menu.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; After I get HQ client at the =
store to=20
  reconnect, it completes without<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  errors.<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; It seems to get stuck on doing =

  something with updating / downloading<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
global<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  customers from HQ<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Any=20
  clues?<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Regards<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
  =
Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&g=
t;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_010A_01C94971.C0D2EAB0--

0
cptsoft (1248)

HELP! #2
I just had a cluster failover and fail back and for whatever reason, now when users go into Outlook and type the name of a public folder or newsgroup on the To: line they see the name of the group plus some sort of SID looking string next to it. For example, instead of just seeing thename of the group they are seeing: company.newsgroupname <newsgroupname34239492038902385092845923> What's going on? Help! Dan Dan, Are there any errors in the event logs pertaining to access of AD or anything like that? C. Smith Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com On Wed,...

Iterative Calculation help needed
I have the following information A1 - Balance at the beginning of calculation A2 - Annualized payment A3 - Interest rate divided by # of payments per year A4 - Number of years * # of payments per year I'm trying to calulate the total ((A1-A2)*(1+A3)) - I need to do this over and over up until I've don it A4 times. I can do it for each period but I want to do it all in one cell, i possible. How can I have it plug the new number into A1 and repeat th calculation A4 times. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there You might find that the PMT function coul...

Formula help #3
Sheet1 has a name in A1 & a number in B1, name in A2 number in B2 and s on (numbers will continually be changed). On sheet2 I used =a or = and so on (the results of =a or =b are the names from sheet 1). Wha I want to accomplish is every time I type =a or =b and the name appear I also want the result from sheet1 B1 and so on to appear in the cel directly below. Not very experienced just learning. Looking fo help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ljsimm You post is a bit vague, but if you mean you want B1 on sheet 2 to match up with the name on Sheet 1. Try: =IF(...

i am receiving every emai twice?? can anyone help with this issue
I would appreciate any advice cheers, See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ETA" <ETA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5939A41A-2CBC-415A-BA84-C14C2FD19084@microsoft.com... > I would appreciate any advice > > cheers, ...

Need HELP with Exchange Restore/Recovery
Details: 2003 sp2 Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 sp1 Server Enterprise C: drive is 100GB Logical Drive over x4 36GB drives in a RAID 5 set D: drive is 280GB Logical Drive over x5 70GB drives in a RAID 5 set Domain Controller Last night I upgraded our 2003 sp1 Exchange to sp2 + any O/S hot fixes and DST fix. No problem with the upgrade or hot fix, but @ about 200 a.m. I lost two of the five drives in the RAID 5 set (drive D) that had the exchange install. I’m currently replacing the hardware & bringing up the drives & going to recreate the D: drive. (server is bootable) I h...

Help!! Need Recovery!
So I went to open my excell file as usual and suddenly I have 10 or so instances openned. As I was closing them I saved one that turned out to be an old version, REAL OLD, like 2 weeks or so. No I desparataly need to get back to where I was. I tried to use the recovery utility under Microsoft Tools, but there are no available dates to revert to. I have no other way of reverting the document. Anyone know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.- Kjellster :D ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

Sloooow. PLEASE HELP
Hi All, I have two questions first is where do I find the Windows 7 Disscussion Group. Have posted here because was unable to locate the windows 7 Discussion Group. My computer which is a SAMSUNG N110 3 months old has become very very very slow. It has Windows 7 installed I have upgraded the memory to two GIG. I have antivirus software and Anti Malware bytes installed. The problem i have is that the machine seems to slow down and sometimes crash whenever I click on internet explorer and many other applications such as office 2007 etc, etc. I have run the Norton Virus pr...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

Help writing a formula
I have a huge database that I need to create numbering for each line like this example: AK-233 (2 letter state, a dash, and 1-4 digit number), but the number doesn't change each line - sometimes the number will be duplicated on multiple lines because those lines have the same title, I also need to create another cell extending that letter/number combo that will differentiate the 1st cell. So the first cell stays the same if the title is the same. The second cell adds another layer of numbering to differentiate the first cell. See example: (Row1, Col 1-4) AK-1, AK-1-1, Title1...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

Help with RANK
Hi I need to rank 100+ numbers but I can't get the formula right. All th numbers are in one column, but not all the rows e.g. I need to Ran G1:G11 and G13:G25 and G32:G40 etc. How can you put in more than on reference? The cells G12,G26:G31 etc have numbers in them that I don' want ranked RANK(number,ref,order -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RANK(G1,MyList) where mylist is a selection of ranges defined with a single name, eg select all your ranges and do Insert / Name / Define, then call it MyList. Now use it in the rank formula and then copy the formula ...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

Re: Could someone please help me with formulas
sorry typo http://www.eaglepi.com/formula/example.xls "No" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:... > I created a workbook and tried to explain the best I could how everything > should be. you can download the workbook at, > http://www.eaglepi.com/formlua/example.xls > > I really appreciate everyones help on this..... > > > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:%235IxtFEHFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Maybe in cell J2 you could put the formula =H2+I2, which would give you > the > > sum of the C...

HELP! Record Macro in TOOLS > MACRO is gone!
I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a project and I need this back. Can someone help? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks, Joe M. Try this: In the customize window > click the Options tab > push the reset toolbars & menus button. Exit excel and re-load it Micky "Joe M." wrote: > I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and > now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a ...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Please help
When I delete an email from the list of emails on the left sometimes it deletes an additional email right below it, it doesn't happen all the time and the only thin that I can do to make it happen is to open both emails separately then when I delete one from the list on the left it will delete another one and I don't always notice it so I am deleting emails that I don't want to and don't realize until later, also sometimes when I reply to email it will create a blank draft in the background that I don't realize is there unless I quit entourage ...

Recovery Storage Group
Hello. We're running Exchange 2003 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I need help with Recovery Storage Groups. I followed the following link to setup my Recovery Storage Group in Exchange: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Then, I ran the MS Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. It told me: "A recovery storage group exists on server MY_SERVER_NAME. This should only exist during data recovery. Once recovery is complete, the recovery storage group must be deleted through the ESM"... I'm confused. I thought I wanted t...

Help!!!Very Important. others can see your emails!!!
I just noticed that if you are in an organization, using outlook,when you click on Addressbook button and type in someones name from Global Addres list, then hit the Properties button, then hit the personal Address Book, then hit the Activities tab, you can see that persons' entire emails. How can I stop that, so no one can see my mails? What you're looking at are the items in **your** Outlook folders related to that person. That's perfectly normal. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and...

McAfee SystemGuard shuts down Publisher 2000! HELP!!!
OPSys: Windows XP Publisher version 2002 A few months ago McAfee was updated on my computer. When I tried to open my Publisher (v. 2002) files McAfee SystemsGuard would shut it down or lock up my computer. I temporarily loaded an old version of Publisher on my computer, however, I could not open my old files nor did it offer the same abilities to do certain functions so I could not duplicate some of my documents. Yesterday, I reinstalled version 2002. The same thing started happening. While I was once again able to open my previous files, it would immediately lock up and try to s...

Excel VBA
Hi All, I have a list that has been created by using the validation too (Data>Validation) Is it possible that when someone wants to choose something from th list they could say type the first few words and it would automaticall show. I.e you type "holi" or atleast part of the word and the cell shows th whole word. Thanks steve:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Data Validation doesn't include the autocomplete feature. You can type the entire entry, scroll through the dropdown list, or use keyboard (arrow keys, page up, page down) to navigate th...

Need help with max and if formula
I need to create a cell entry that displays the name of the salesperson who sold the most cars in the quarter. Use a combination of the “IF” and "MAX" functions to do this. Hint: you will need to use these functions function multiple times in the same formula to do this. Hint: you do not need to "use these functions function multiple times in the same formula to do this." Hint: use a combination of INDEX, MATCH and MAX. Biff "jeremiahw23" <jeremiahw23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:789DA4A4-9515-4EEF-BF12-606CAAFEBDF9@microsoft.co...

formula help
I have a cell with this formula: {=INDEX(B:B,MAX((B1:B368<>0)*ROW(INDIRECT("1:368"))))/(316+COUNTIF(D3:D368," >0"))} I don't remember how it was made up (I got help on this forum), but now I need to update it by changing the 316 summed value in the last expression to 681. When I do that, the starting and ending braces disappear, and the cell containing this formula returns a #VALUE! message. How to fix? Thanks. -- Bill Hi enter this formula with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (to create an array formula) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill H.&quo...

Corrupted Archive
I cannot open only the "Sent" file of my archives...ALL other files open fine. Any thoughts on how I can restore/recover it?? -- JB Have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file to see if it's actually been corrupted? "BlueJay" <BlueJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07205B7A-8062-4D75-930D-294501DC53A3@microsoft.com... > I cannot open only the "Sent" file of my archives...ALL other files open > fine. > > Any thoughts on how I can restore/recover it?? ...