2 questions on POS 2009. 1. Decimal places 2. Tax Calculation

I am a user of RMS 2.0, and I have 2 questions on POS 2009

1.  Decimal places.  How many decimal places are you allowed in the price
field on the item card ?  In RMS 2.0 you are allowed 2, 3 if you change the
type to 'gasoline'.  I am looking for 5 decimal places

2.  Tax calculation.  Normally you enter in the price excluding tax, and
then RMS calculates the tax for you.  Is there an option in POS 2009 where
the price can 'include' the taxes?  And then when you select the item for
sale, POS 2009 would 'back calculate' to break out the taxes ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Egger,
I think I replied to you about #1 for RMS.  Unfortunatly for you, the
same principle applies.  The column type in the database only support 4
digits.

#2.  This is not an option in either program, though it may be possible
to develop a customization for either program that would make this happen.

If you are interested in learning more, please drop me an email.

Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)

On 7/14/2010 6:44 AM, egger29 wrote:
> I am a user of RMS 2.0, and I have 2 questions on POS 2009
>
> 1.  Decimal places.  How many decimal places are you allowed in the price
> field on the item card ?  In RMS 2.0 you are allowed 2, 3 if you change the
> type to 'gasoline'.  I am looking for 5 decimal places
>
> 2.  Tax calculation.  Normally you enter in the price excluding tax, and
> then RMS calculates the tax for you.  Is there an option in POS 2009 where
> the price can 'include' the taxes?  And then when you select the item for
> sale, POS 2009 would 'back calculate' to break out the taxes ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies.

0
Ryan

2 Locations (exchange mode)
SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, POP3 stop. I'd like branch office accessing Exchange 2003 by exchange mode also, not POP3. Can I setup a VPN line and run the above module over the VPN line? Thanks for answering Yes you can. Another option would be to use RPC over HTTP(s) this would mean you do not need a VPN connection. Nue "Smith" <Smith@Micro> wrote in message news:%23vKHe$1mGHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 > > I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, ...

Displaying Yes/No as Yes or No instead of -1 and 0 05-25-10
Hi, this should be simple but it's still giving me trouble. I have a drop-down combobox that is referencing a table with two columns, like this: 0 No 1 Yes The column count is 2 and the column widths are 0";1" but the drop- down displays 0 and -1. I know that this is how Access stores yes/no, but can't I get it to store 0 and 1 instead and display the words instead of the numbers? Thanks for the help! Are you saying you have a two-record table as the Row Source of the combo box? If so, what are the data types of the two fields? To what type of field i...

Modifiable propagation time of Excel's functions? #2
Hello, Does Excel, by any chances, allow for determining the propagation time of its functions? I am doing a project in which I need the logical operators to return their values after a certain predetermined period of time (e.g. the AND operator to return the value it computes after e.g. 1 second). Thank you very much for your time. Student P.S. If the answer is in the negative, what is the way to achieve it indirectly? ...

Conditional formating #2
Hi, I've worked out how to do conditional formating when "x<y go red" but how do you get "if x<y then display y" We are having a problem with stats going over 100% so what I want is that if it calulates over 100% then to only display 100% and not the correct figure. Thanks Stephen Stephen I assume you have a row of numbers, say B1:J1, that should total 100% when aggregated but you are encountering rounding differences when the total is calculated in, say, cell K1 If its just a presentation issue, then select the Column K, select "Format>Cells>N...

Sell cvv + dumps + track1/2 + bank login + do transfer...all country !
Hello, i'm seller and i need buyer vip for work together My age 25 From Viet Nam YH: need_buyer_vip Email: need_buyer_vip******.com *** i'm seller ccv..dumps..track 1/2..acc paypal..do transfer..ship..all country*** ----------- List cc i have (100% Good and cheap ) ---------- - COuntry : US + UK + AU + CA + EU ( fr, ger, ita , ireland, spain...more....) + .....more...( contact me to know more ).......... -Type : visa / master / amex / disco / with bin / with dob / with ssn / fullz / - If you buy bulk i will discount for you and i will change if c...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for #2
Hello, We have a customer running Exchange 2003 on win 2003 server. windows domain name ATG.internal. We have 4 different Email domains registered in internet DNS all users have an email address @abilityemployment.com.au some users also have @nwes.com.au some users also have @northwestcontractors.com.au some users also have @abilitylifeskills.com.au This used to work fine and people received their mail which ever of their addresses it was sent to. now Suddenly only @abilityemployment.com.au mail is received and all mail to the other domains is rejected, and the sender receives a message...

table based i one field splitted in 2 fields
Hi everyone, I have a txt file with product EAN and label quantity to print. 3564700010822 2 3564700010983 5 3564700422687 10 I have a form to print label quantity. What i pretend is "convert" the table in a 2 fields table or query like: ProductCode |Quantity 3564700010822|2 3564700010983|5 3564700422687|10 Any help is apreciated. -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:27:01 -0700, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Inserting Calculation / Expression in a Form
I have my Table trimmed down and working perfectly. I developed a beautiful Form and it also works perfectly. After extensive trial and error I managed to developed a Query that will calculate the totals keyed into the table (via the Form, or the Table) from a series of 9 different fields, all ranging in value from 0 to 5. The calculation is a simple addition for the grand total sum or quantity of all fields. My problem is that I want my Form to have a single (non-editable) field which will auto-calculate the total QTY from these same values that I enter into the Form. My Form is c...

Updating data in MS CRM from other places
Hi all We use relationships extensively but find that when using Advanced Find we can't define the joins necessary to create the set of Contacts required for a marketing list. (I think it would be good if I could save an Advanced Find, and then be able to use that within another Advanced Find - like a sub-query - but that's another matter). Anyway, as a quick solution, I have used queries in MS Access to identify the list of Contacts required. I have customised, adding a new field to the Contact table, and want to be able to set this field from in MS Access on those Contact ro...

2-Column Layout with auto text flow?
I would like to have a worksheet that has a 2-column "newspaper" format, where text flows off the bottom of the first column to the top of the second column. Is this possible using Excel2000? As a very last resort, I'll use a macro to split the text and put it into different cells. But this is messy and not very accurate. My wish is to somehow link cells together and have the text flow between them, or use a control which will do this. Thanks! -- Matt Kruse http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com why dont you use Word? "Matt Kruse" <newsgroups@mattkruse.com> wr...

Delete Activity
Dear All We have noticed a strange issues when setting up the security for appointment activities. We do not want users to be able to delete activities from within the system, so we thought thats easy we restrict the delete for the activity in the roles. The problem we have is when we create a new appointment as user1 and try and assign the appointment to user2 both haveing the restriction of no delete and this is before the appointment is saved for the first time the save freezes and returns a SQL error. If we save the appointment first the reassignment works fine but this is no go...

CRM 1.2 Licensing
hi all, i got MSDN Universal subscripton. Now i'm having MSCRM 1.0. which i wantt to upgrade to 1.2. my problem is that how should i get the license for the 1.2 . In the website i could see link for partrners only how should i get the licencing done for CRM 1.2 Thanks in advance Jack Jack If you have bought crm then you can request a license from the company who sold you crm. Can you tell me whether you are running a full crm license or an msdn one? "Jack" <jack@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e1M3dYG0DHA.536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi all, > i go...

Combo boxes #2
How do I get auto-completion into my combo box?? Is this just a setting for the comob or do I have to code it. If I have to code it, could some one guide me on the functions to over-load? TIA "Golum256" <Golum256@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD09B86D-C9C0-491B-A342-47B158EB23F3@microsoft.com... > How do I get auto-completion into my combo box?? > > Is this just a setting for the comob or do I have to code it. > If I have to code it, could some one guide me on the functions to over-load? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libra...

Synchronising Money 2005 between 2 PCs
Hi, I know that Money uses ActiveSync to sync Money between a handheld and a PC. My question is, Is there such a thing as synching between 2 PCs? I would like to sync the money on my laptop and my desktop. I want to use it this way since i only have my laptop when i am on the move and my partner at home uses the desktop to track our expenses. I would like to keep all our expenses centralized to one file. ...

Cell Validation for Decimals
How can I set the cell validation of a list of cells to have a value(less than 4 Decimal place)? Thanks. Ringo Tan "ringo" <ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How can I set the cell validation of a list of cells to have a > value(less than 4 Decimal place)? (Adapted from a previous post by Ron Rosenfeld) Select the list of cells, say A1:A10 Click Data > Validation > Settings tab Select "Custom" under Allow: Put in the "Formula:" box: =(A1*10^3)=INT(A1*10^3) Click OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <...

Tax free exchange of stock shares
On nov 12 2006 McDonals (MCD) corp offered a tax free exchange for Chipotle (CMGB) shares using a ratio of .8879 shares of CMGB for each share of MCD exchanged with fractions remaining being convereted into cash (Cash-In-Lieu). If I traded a portion of the shares of MCD I own, how would I proceed in Money 2006 to record the transaction? Spin-off does not seem to fit the build as CMGB already exists as a stock. In microsoft.public.money, Wade wrote: >On nov 12 2006 McDonals (MCD) corp offered a tax free exchange for Chipotle >(CMGB) shares using a ratio of .8879 shares of CMGB f...

Group email #2
Hello, I would like to send the same email to a group I created. The only problem is everyone in the group gets everyone elses email addresses. How do you send without giving the whole group's email addresses? This is not for spam, just my wife's mailing list. Send it to yourself with a bcc to the group. -- Carlos "chas638" <chas638@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D71E-934D-4C88-83E6-4CF8C1CC1E75@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I would like to send the same email to a group I created. The only problem > is everyone in the group gets ever...

Lookup Formula Question
I'm pretty new to excel and I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I want to create a formula so that if A1=1, then F2:F5 are entered into C2:C5, or if A1=2, then G2:G5 are entered into C2:C5, etc. for more values forA1. Ex: A B C D E F G 1 2 5 6 3 10 7 4 15 8 5 ...

Mailbox Size discrepancy #2
Hi, I have an issue with the size of a mailbox reported by outlook and exchange system manager. The environment is set up as such: Exchange 2003 SP1 Outlook 2003 SP1 Outlook in cached mode 100mb mailbox size limit The issue is that Outlook reports the mailbox as a size a lot less than reported in Exchange System manager eg 75mb in outlook but 125mb in exchange system manager. The user gets a warning about the mailbox size and starts deleting mail. They then check the size and it is less than the 100mb limit and yet they still keep getting the error message and are stopped from ...

V1.2
Hello all, I need to import customer from another data source into accounts in V1.2. In the import menu i see only the possibility to import leads or contacts, how can i do? there is a easy way to do this? Can I import my data into leads and bulk convert them into account? Thanks and regards. Diego There is no "bulk convert" function. You have a few choices. You can easily do this using Scribe or by writing a simple import process using the SDK. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Diego Pianarosa" <d.pianarosa@globsys.it> wrote in message news:eTPkyb5F...

time calculation #4
I'd like to count the total hours by one column deducted by another. Format: When I entered the time, I didn't put AM and PM into consideration. So cell is considered AM. How can I change the whole column from AM to PM without affecting the numbers? For examples, it shows 9:10 and it's 9:10pm instead of changing to 21:10 in cell? How to calculate the hours between 7:04am to the 1:03am of the next day? The deduction turns to ######. Thanks for the help, When I enter time code of video in a cell, it always think it's the clock time. if I enter 34:44, it changes it to 10:44. H...

macro to calculate percentage
i have attached a small spreadsheet in yellow column i need percentage (for example G5/G11) but the proble is that number of rows keep changing like instead of G11 it can b G100,G500 another problem is that i want persentage column in column J becos th columns can go upto I please suggest i will be thankful to u al Attachment filename: book12.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=53213 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Don't multi-post. See answer in programming. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking...

Exchange Migration #2
Hello everybody. I'm not a exchange expert so please try to help me on this one. We've migrated Exchange 5.5 to the 2003 version successfully. Exchange 5.5 was running on a NT (BDC) machine with the latest service pack and we're using Windows server 2003 for the new exchenge server. Everything is working fine until I disconnect the NT machine. I can receive emails from the outside, but not the same when i'm trying to send one. when i connect the the NT back, all the emails reached its destination!, whats is wrong with my servers?? any help will be appreciated. Thanks in adva...

how to copy row heights from 1 worksheet to another
In Excel, if I copy and paste information from one work sheet to another I can copy column widths by using Paste Special - how can I copy row heights? If you copy the whole row, you can paste special the format--which includes the rowheight (along with the rest of the cells, too. It might do more than you want. sadie wrote: > > In Excel, if I copy and paste information from one work sheet to another I > can copy column widths by using Paste Special - how can I copy row heights? -- Dave Peterson ...

Exchange Rule #2
I have well over 500 users on an Exchange 2003 environment. We have a spam filter in place and all spam that comes in is tagged with the word spam on the subject line. Is there a way to setup all clients so when they get an email that is tagged with spam, it would automatically be sent to the junk folder of Outlook? I know they can do it manually in Outlook but since we have over 500 users, this is not a feasible solution for us. Is there a way to configure Exchange to do this automatically? Why not just use IMF? "Ricky" <Ricky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...