1.3*2=? & Cost Averages?

Okay a 2 part question...
(1) I would like to disable an employee from entering 1.3 * and scanning an
item...sometimes they do this by accident.  Is there a way to disable this?
(2) When entering cost for the first time in a purchase order what happens
is because it was originally $0 it averages that with the cost...throwing the
actual off.  Is there a different way to enter the cost in?
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

Vince,
Part 1,  I'm not sure, but I don't believe you can disable this feature.
Part 2, I tried recreating your error, and when there was a quantity of 1 at
$0 already there for the item, and then I recieved one, it averaged it in
and made the cost 50% of the recieved item, which it should. But when there
was no quantity already there for the item, which there should not be for a
new item, and I recieved the item, it did not average it in. In that
instance, it made the cost the same as the recieved cost. So, it seems as if
it's working properly.
The build I tested on was 1.3.1006
Craig
"Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Okay a 2 part question...
> (1) I would like to disable an employee from entering 1.3 * and scanning
> an
> item...sometimes they do this by accident.  Is there a way to disable
> this?
> (2) When entering cost for the first time in a purchase order what happens
> is because it was originally $0 it averages that with the cost...throwing
> the
> actual off.  Is there a different way to enter the cost in?
> --
> Thank You
> Vince  :)

0
craig6967 (916)
8/15/2006 6:29:03 PM
Hello Vince,

1) Not that I've found.

2) Put in a supplier info cost when creating the item or before ordering
it.  I'm still trying to figure ought how/why someone orders product without
knowing any/all info about that item before ordering it.

*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
to see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
follow the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

> Okay a 2 part question...
> (1) I would like to disable an employee from entering 1.3 * and
> scanning an
> item...sometimes they do this by accident.  Is there a way to disable
> this?
> (2) When entering cost for the first time in a purchase order what
> happens
> is because it was originally $0 it averages that with the
> cost...throwing the
> actual off.  Is there a different way to enter the cost in?

0
spam3944 (2163)
8/16/2006 4:33:17 AM
Thank You...that actually makes sence...I'm not sure what I had on my
system...or how it was recieved...I need to look into that!  The first part I
would like to be able to do something with...I sold 1.3 pieces of an item,
that can't be broken up that way :)  Oh well.
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

"Craig" wrote:

> Vince,
> Part 1,  I'm not sure, but I don't believe you can disable this feature.
> Part 2, I tried recreating your error, and when there was a quantity of 1 at
> $0 already there for the item, and then I recieved one, it averaged it in
> and made the cost 50% of the recieved item, which it should. But when there
> was no quantity already there for the item, which there should not be for a
> new item, and I recieved the item, it did not average it in. In that
> instance, it made the cost the same as the recieved cost. So, it seems as if
> it's working properly.
> The build I tested on was 1.3.1006
> Craig
> "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > Okay a 2 part question...
> > (1) I would like to disable an employee from entering 1.3 * and scanning
> > an
> > item...sometimes they do this by accident.  Is there a way to disable
> > this?
> > (2) When entering cost for the first time in a purchase order what happens
> > is because it was originally $0 it averages that with the cost...throwing
> > the
> > actual off.  Is there a different way to enter the cost in?
> > --
> > Thank You
> > Vince  :)

0
nagarra (173)

Linking 2 workbooks
What is the formula/procedure to link an entry in a Source workbook to an identified name in another workbook? Example: Sam makes numerous donations over time that are entered into the main spreadsheet. Entry of a given donation should automatically appear as a separate entry in his own identified workbook. ...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

MS Money small business for Canada #2
Hi, I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. Regards, Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: > > >I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company >accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this >product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. The last such product was Money 2000. Today only Standard is available for Canada. Th...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Auto Format #2
Can't find Auto Format, did excel 2007 decide not to have this function, is there a similiar function to be used instead of autoformat? Hi Ness! If you want to select a formatting for your table select Format as Table in the Home Tab of the Ribbon. I believe that is the replacement for the Auto Format command in the previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Hope this Helps! -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Ness" wrote: > Can't find Auto F...

Formula Question #3
I have a spreadsheet that I'm working on that tracks employee attendance. A sample is included below: A B C D 1 Name 06/07/04 Final Warning Attendance 2 Name 08/21/03 Warning Tardy 3 Name 12/04/02 Warning Attendance 4 Name 09/16/02 Counsel Tardy 5 Name 08/05/02 Counsel Attendance Is there a formula that will tell me how many instances an employee was on an Attendance or Tardy disciplinary step of Final Warning, Warning ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

windows xp service pack 3
error-model Flash 10c ocx nersion v 1534 win 5.1 2600 2 (service pack 3) IE 8.0o6001.18702 Base 76F0000,001B falsh0c This keeps poppen up and shuts me down. What is it and how can I fix it. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general -- ~Robear Dyer ...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

ms pos 1.2 weird word jumble
Store Operations Manager was not working, so I did a repair install. After the repair, the wrong phrases were in the wrong spot. For example, instead of cancel it says "category code" and instead of file it says "Filter:" Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? I took a screenshot of the home screen so you can see the weirdness for yourself: http://picasaweb.google.com/MissVoldemort/Weird#5349426894521446370 ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Account...

How to group all data from 1 column into several columns (Redo)
I have 2 columns in my spreadsheet, Company Names and Event. The Event column values are Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4 and the company names repeat for each of the events that they attended. So sometimes I might have a company listed 4 times with each Event corresponding to it in the next column. How can I consolidate all of the company names so that there is 1 row for each company and all events are on the same row but in different columns marked with an x (the column labels will be Company name, Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4). This is what I have... Company Name...

addind sales tax to shipping costs
How can I set up to have sales tax added to the shipping costs in sales transaction entry? Do you mean that you want to tax the shipping costs (freight) as well? If that's the case, It can be controlled with the expansion arrow on the SOP transaction or via Sales -> Setup. If you want to roll the tax into the shipping number, you'll need a customization. Mark On Apr 30, 3:25 pm, Larissa G. <Larissa G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set up to have sales tax added to the shipping costs in sales > transaction entry? Larissa, To have taxes calculat...

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

please help #3
In Money 2003, when I receive payment on an invoice, it automatically records it to my register. Is there any way around this? The reason is that I like to make one large deposit, and I want this large deposit to show in my register, not the individual ones. Thanks!! .. ...

Xml validation against xsd #2

Missing Recipients #2
We are running Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 with all of the service packs for both. Recently we noticed that when users sent email sometimes the recipients would appar blank. The recipients were present when the email was sent and they also received the message, however when we look in sent items or the recipient pulls up the message in their inbox it will just display a blank field in the To field. I am certain that they are not using the BCC field and it happens to multiple users so it's not specific to somebody's computer. What is causing this issue? ...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

dynamic named range #2
thank-you, as usual, top notch! E -- ExcelMonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0
What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet article on this? We will be applying SQL 2005 Service Pack 1. Thanks, Eric Sabo There really aren't any. If you read the Implementation Guide, there are a few extra config steps related to SRS for 2005, but that is it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%237cImzytGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet a...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...

heading #2
Hi, How to use a certain row to be as a header on each page when printing? thanks Assuming pre-XL2007: File | page Setup | open the Sheet Tab | specify which rows (and/or columns) are to be printed on each page. You CANNOT do this from PrintPreview best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OqHuYqJQIHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to use a certain row to be as a header on each page when printing? > thanks > > ...

Shading #3
I'm stumped. I've looked at 2 different sites (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html and http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm) to figure out how to shade, but I'm missing something here. My data covers monthly figures Jan - Dec. There is a max and min for each month. I want to shade between those 2 points and then plot the current year's figures over that range. In looking at both of the sites above, it seems like Jan - Dec need to be numbers. So, I know I'm missing some little step, I just don't know what it is. Thanks! Not too sure what you...